Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,450 members, 7,830,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1478367 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) ... (4680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2023
Ellexy:
Best picture you'll see today as regards the forth coming election..

smiley
This is very risky ooh, make wan paid weyrey no go stab my incoming Presido knife. But that mad love from the masses is too evident cool.....
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 7:30am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

So I have a tribal agenda? grin grin

Mehn guy hop out my mentions abeg.
You said so, not me. I mentioned nothing about tribe.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 7:31am On Jan 10, 2023
Unlimited22:

I no get energy to argue with you this morning.
I shaa know how Nairaland works.

Agenda >>> facts.
And that's the reason why these folks get it over you lot. They take a statement, form a question out of it then answer it for you. Hoping to drown you out with a barrage of quotes filled with humorous one-liners and they tire you out, coasting away with a perspective victory since you gassed out.

This is how online debates are played and shaped. ...Not when I am ready to match it quote for quote and tactics for tactics.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:32am On Jan 10, 2023
Theflint1:
There's a reason you're insisting on running around with a catch phrase, you know why, I know why and everyone knows why grin.

Because that's the exact catchphrase Tinubu used and got rightfully made the butt of several jokes.

BTW this was me on this same thread, when Tinubu made that comment. You can follow through from here and see where I continued to argue with Oasis and Larride about how crazy such a statement was...

nihilistjnr:

Watching this whole thing in Yoruba was crazy, wild and disheartening.

The guy was calling in every favour and cashing every cheque live on camera. The English translation did not do justice to the full depth of what Tinubu said that day.

E gbe kini yen wa, Emi lokan is CRAZY talk.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 7:32am On Jan 10, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Laslas everyone is a culprit in tribal war

The thing shock me sha. Watch as they will try to twist it. "Its my turn" will have another meaning now. Anyway, what do I know?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:32am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:
"If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn" - Peter Obi

Atiku lo kan probably pending...

The fiction that this isn't a tribal election is unravelling in front of the wilfully blind.

Lmaooo you really cannot help yourself grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:33am On Jan 10, 2023
Unlimited22:

You said so, not me. I mentioned nothing about tribe.

Like I said, bros hop out my mentions.

God bless. smiley
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Laslas everyone is a culprit in tribal war

Kindly explain
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:35am On Jan 10, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmaooo you really cannot help yourself grin

In 200 words or less, I need you to differentiate between Yoruba lokan, emilokan and As an Igbo it's my turn.

Your time starts now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 7:35am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Like I said, bros hop out my mentions.

God bless. smiley
NO

Your position has always been clear, That these guys are all one and the same. Na you know where tribal agenda carry enter this matter

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 7:37am On Jan 10, 2023
DissTroy:

Look no further. DissTróy has got you covered. wink

Your guess is as good as mine.
Chai grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 7:38am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:
"If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn" - Peter Obi

The fiction that this isn't a tribal election is unravelling in front of the wilfully blind.

Watch as they will develop and give other meaning to it. We are just deceiving ourself in this country. You can't follow OBI, Tinubu and even Atiku without seeing an atom of tribal or religious cards being played by them. We should all agreed they all run their campaign base on tribal card shikena.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 7:38am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Obi believes its the Igbo's turn, and more specifically his turn

That's not different to Emilokan.

There's no amount of speech renovation that can change that.

If Obi didn't believe it was his turn, he would not have made that statement. Simple.

Lolz
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:40am On Jan 10, 2023
Unlimited22:

NO

Your position has always been clear, That these guys are all one and the same. Na you know where tribal agenda carry enter this matter

You're the one that said Agenda > Facts, but then refused to engage and expand further.

Na why I say hop out. Nothing more than that boss.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:40am On Jan 10, 2023
Ellexy:
Best picture you'll see today as regards the forth coming election..

smiley

This na how dem pick don j pocket.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:41am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

In 200 lines or less, I need you to differentiate between Yoruba lokan, emilokan and As an Igbo it's my turn.

Your time starts now.

But you should know that I won't entertain your poor attempt at giving your oga any lifeline grin.

Try and think this attempt properly.

Your level of trolling is way smarter than this cheesy

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

You're the one that said Agenda > Facts, but then refused to engage and expand further.

Na why I say hop out. Nothing more than that boss.

Which I've done. I won't accuse anyone of being tribalistic unless your name is Brymo grin

Your position has always been that they are the same (which I don't exactly agree with) and you are using this one like to buttress your point.

And I don't have the energy to argue with that grin

Nothing more Than that.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

But you should know that I won't entertain your poor attempt at giving your oga any lifeline grin.

Try and think this attempt properly.

Your level of trolling is way smarter than this cheesy

If you won't engage, then step aside and let your ogas help you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2023
DissTroy:

Tinubu has and is playing a tribal card. He's the only one of the candidates who campaigned with a tribal card during the primaries. He said "Yoruba lokan" and narrowed it down to in Yorubaland, "Emi lokan". He used it as a rallying cry, even at the Alaafin's Place. Verify this. He said same in Ogun State. That's the period he also called the Ogun Governor " Eleyi".

Google or local-search " Yoruba lokan" on Twitter and Facebook. All the proponents are Tinubuists.
Most of us don't care where the president is from. Most of the educated ones at least. I do not believe in South East, South South, Yoruba or Northern presidency. It just so happens that the best person for the job is Peter Obi who's from the South East.
If Osinbajo were on the ballot like Obi, there'd be no need to rally with tribal sentiments like Tinubu is doing because he's sellable.

Oh my Osinbajo. Delegates sold us out. I would have voted APC had it been Osinbajo won the primaries but sadly he lost. angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:42am On Jan 10, 2023
reccy:

Watch as they will develop and give other meaning to it. We are just deceiving ourself in this country. You can't follow OBI, Tinubu and even Atiku without seeing an atom of tribal or religious cards being played by them. We should all agreed they all run their campaign base on tribal card shikena.

Lmaooo ensure you don't drown in foolishness with this lifeline you are holding on to grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 7:43am On Jan 10, 2023
DissTroy:
Predictably, the absentee Laride, Oasis, Recy and the others would appear to latch on to a seeming lifeline and muddy the waters while ignoring the questions about Tinubu's right to think:

-It's his turn and that's final;
- Or why he should still be on the ballot with a questionable educational and familial background;
- Or why he's still in the race with a drug- trafficking tag.

Watch them come out of the digital woodworks now to quote Nihilist's false representation of what Obi reportedly said all day to drown out every other argument.

I told you so! Less than 20 minutes and it's begun. wink

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:44am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

If you won't engage, then step aside and let your ogas help you.

Step aside buahaha.

Oga you can do better than this level of agenda.
Or are you desperate? cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 7:45am On Jan 10, 2023
monerozi5590:

Oh my Osinbajo. Delegates sold us out. I would have voted APC had it been Osinbajo won the primaries but sadly he lost. angry angry
Amaechi or Osinbajo vs Obi would've been a great watch.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 7:45am On Jan 10, 2023
Theflint1:
I was responding to him saying Tinubu cannot play a tribal game, and telling him why Tinubu can in fact play one and make it work in his favor.

As regards tribalism directed against the Igbo's, there's more than enough evidence of him doing that subtly and the consequent overt tribalism by the ultras supporting him. Tinubu's campaign has been the one hinged most on tribalism, it's no coincidence.

Here I was thinking you were going to bring evidence of where Tinubu or his campaign spokespersons were using the tribal card.

In fact on this platform, you Obi supporters has claimed Obi will win his region and still get more votes in the SW than anything Tinubu can get in the SE. We have more Yorubas supporting Obi than we have Igbos supporting Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:46am On Jan 10, 2023
Imagine comparing someone's campaign slogan to someone saying he could do the same thing but he won't.

And you want us to take you seriously grin.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:46am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Watching this whole thing in Yoruba was crazy, wild and disheartening.

The guy was calling in every favour and cashing every cheque live on camera. The English translation did not do justice to the full depth of what Tinubu said that day.

E gbe kini yen wa, Emi lokan is CRAZY talk.
There's a reason you found the Tinubu video especially disheartening cheesy

Peter Obi's video was him selling himself based on competence, but according to you, Tinubu was selling himself based on past favors (no talk of competency or plans for the country), he was basically cashing every cheque on camera. cheesy

E gbe kini yen wa, Emi lokan is CRAZY talk. cool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:47am On Jan 10, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Step aside buahaha.

Oga you can do better than this level of agenda.
Or are you desperate? cheesy

Desperate?

I'm anything but, trust me.

If you have nothing to say about Obi saying it's his turn as an Igbo man (which you clearly dont), then bros hop out of my mentions.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:48am On Jan 10, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
Imagine comparing someone's campaign slogan to someone saying he could do the same thing but he won't.

And you want us to take you seriously grin.
I mean, like I could choose to shout E mi lokan/Yoruba lo kan like that other bozo, but no, I won't do that, will sell myself based on competency and as a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 7:48am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Emphasis on "IF THE PRESIDENT IS TO BE GIVEN BY WHOSE TURN IT'S"

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 7:49am On Jan 10, 2023
monerozi5590:

Many Obi supporters were all rooting for Osinbajo. Obi isn't a tribal candidate but represents a disgruntle with the Establishment.
I can easily give you Facebook names of very high-profile APCists and Osinbajo supporters who switched support to Obi publicly. Many Yoruba themselves.
Very easy.

Tinubu is old, sickly, of questionable history... These muddy-waters never want to debate about that but focus on inanities.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:49am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Desperate?

I'm anything but, trust me.

If you have nothing to say about Obi saying it's his turn as an Igbo man (which you clearly dont), then bros hop out of my mentions.

Again you are desperate and I understand.

Obi makes it hard to the point you will disregard all your English knowledge cheesy.

Don't be them.. You can do better grin

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:49am On Jan 10, 2023
Theflint1:
There's a reason you found the Tinubu video especially disheartening cheesy

Peter Obi's video was him selling himself based on competence, but according to you, Tinubu was selling himself based on past favors (no talk of competency or plans for the country), he was basically cashing every cheque on camera. cheesy

E gbe kini yen wa, Emi lokan is CRAZY talk. cool

Peter Obi literally said "If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn"

Address this.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) ... (4680) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: CAPdan21(m), izzou(m), TemporaryHansel and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.