Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1476628 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) ... (4678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
Donjazet2:

Ohh common you will be wasting your time with that one. As someone said earlier, he's a lost cause.
Hate has eaten him up completely.

See the person talking about hate

See your love for Yorubas shining here to call them the loving name of Yoruba bastards

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 12:14am On Jan 10, 2023
Donjazet2:

Sorry, how have I been attacking tinubu with tribal sentiment? Unless you mean me, actually pointing out the fact that he's running a highly tribalistic campaign. Which is in fact 100% accurate. You don't need to look beyond the frontpage to see how his paid supporters and even dayo with his sleek214 moniker engages in highly charged tribal wars on the frontpage. I even highlighted some here recently.

Me pointing out that tinubu is running a tribal and divisive campaign is not the same with me "attacking" him with tribal sentiments.
I even
No DonJ it is 100% inaccurate... And a few people have told you so wrt Tinubu jab at Obi.

All 3 candidates cannot afford to run a tribal campaign, maybe Atiku but he knows if he goes Tribal he looses his Northern Vote, as North especially Northern elites would go extra mile to prove they are not Tribalistic cos it would hurt them in the long run..

Hence he is codedly doing his northern parapo and poaching. If the North is going to dissappoint Tinubu, it would be done gracefully, as they are more politically matured.

Tinubu and Obi no chance, they need votes from other regions, Obi cannot risk it neither can Tinubu...

How are you not seeing this? You have too many things to hit Tinubu and APC with, unfortunately Tribalism isnt one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:42am On Jan 10, 2023
Olowunl01:

No DonJ it is 100% inaccurate... And a few people have told you so wrt Tinubu jab at Obi.

All 3 candidates cannot afford to run a tribal campaign, maybe Atiku but he knows if he goes Tribal he looses his Northern Vote, as North especially Northern elites would go extra mile to prove they are not Tribalistic cos it would hurt them in the long run..

Hence he is codedly doing his northern parapo and poaching. If the North is going to dissappoint Tinubu, it would be done gracefully, as they are more politically matured.

Tinubu and Obi no chance, they need votes from other regions, Obi cannot risk it neither can Tinubu...

How are you not seeing this? You have too many things to hit Tinubu and APC with, unfortunately Tribalism isnt one.
Why can't Tinubu play a tribal game though? All he has to do is direct his tribalism to Igbos and no other tribe, it's not like Northerners would bat an eyelid if tribalism is directed against the South East and it's not like he'd have ever gotten SS/SE votes with another strong Southener contesting.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:53am On Jan 10, 2023
Theflint1:
Why can't Tinubu play a tribal game though? All he has to do is direct his tribalism to Igbos and no other tribe, it's not like Northerners would bat an eyelid if tribalism is directed against the South East and it's not like he'd have ever gotten SS/SE votes with another strong Southener contesting.

Tell us the tribal game he has played or the Tribalism he has directed to the igbos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:59am On Jan 10, 2023
larride:

Tell us the tribal game he has played or the Tribalism he has directed to the igbos.

I was responding to him saying Tinubu cannot play a tribal game, and telling him why Tinubu can in fact play one and make it work in his favor.

As regards tribalism directed against the Igbo's, there's more than enough evidence of him doing that subtly and the consequent overt tribalism by the ultras supporting him. Tinubu's campaign has been the one hinged most on tribalism, it's no coincidence.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:06am On Jan 10, 2023
Theflint1:
I was responding to him saying Tinubu cannot play a tribal game, and telling him why Tinubu can in fact play one and make it work in his favor.

As regards tribalism directed against the Igbo's, there's more than enough evidence of him doing that subtly and the consequent overt tribalism by the ultras supporting him. Tinubu's campaign has been the one hinged most on tribalism, it's no coincidence.

I believe you intend to type Obi here

A candidate that got a whatsapp message from Tinubu that Yoruba should not vote for Obi otherwise Ibos will leave Lagos and will stop buying houses in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:33am On Jan 10, 2023
raumdeuter:

I believe you intend to type Obi here

A candidate that got a whatsapp message from Tinubu that Yoruba should not vote for Obi otherwise Ibos will leave Lagos and will stop buying houses in Lagos
That was Peter Obi speaking against people that want people to vote based on tribal sentiments using fear-mongering. And in the video it wasn't a message from Tinubu but rather his support group and you can confirm that similar and worse things have been said by the tribal and religious ultras in his support group.

In fact in your own words, you claim tribalism against Yoruba's and Hausa's have reduced by Igbo's since Peter Obi started running, so it's surprising you're now trying to pin tribalism on him and his campaign this election cycle. grin

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:03am On Jan 10, 2023
Theflint1:
That was Peter Obi speaking against people that want people to vote based on tribal sentiments using fear-mongering. And in the video it wasn't a message from Tinubu but rather his support group and you can confirm that similar and worse things have been said by the tribal and religious ultras in his support group.

In fact in your own words, you claim tribalism against Yoruba's and Hausa's have reduced by Igbo's since Peter Obi started running, so it's surprising you're now trying to pin tribalism on him and his campaign this election cycle. grin

You said Tinubus campaign yet you cannot pick a word from Tinubu or an official of Tinubus campaign

But Obi allegedly claimed he got a message from a phantom Tinubu support group warning them about voting Obi or else Ibos will stop buying houses in Lagos

Anyone can see the tribalism undertone in that statement even when he is trying his best to cover his renowned tribalism that he has always been known for whether it's to deport people from Anambra or detain ElRufai for not being a politician of SouthEast extraction
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:42am On Jan 10, 2023
undecided

Wàhálà! Wàhálà!! Wàhálà!!! Una sha want set this thread on fire with tribal ish.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:57am On Jan 10, 2023
JAKANDE! The man who built Lagos within 4 years without any propaganda, paparazzi or fugazi.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFEBdJC8/

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 6:37am On Jan 10, 2023
Emaprince:

We really don't care bro...and you don't have to lie to look different. Brymo ranted on twitter and it won't change anything.

We know you are lieing..but continue.

Don't waste your time. It has nothing to do with Obi. It's about Obi's tribe. For the likes of Laride and Oasis, it's just support for Tinubu and the APC.
For Raum, it's seething hatred for anyone of Igbo extraction to be president. He has no problem with any other person being GCFR, as long as it's not an Igbo person. Even if Jesus came down to earth to contest as Jesusdinma, he'd rather vote the Devil.

He has stated his repulsion to a president of Igbo extraction several times. I have quoted same of him countless times and even yesterday here. He's even boasted that any form of complaint by the South East about poor representation at the center should be met with military force quashing them.

I don't care that he and DonJazet have a running war but I stopped taking his comments against Obi at face value when I got prompted to dig into him.

Unlike others, he doesn't just troll or respond to tribal trolls, he initiates hateful tribal diatribes, even bordering on genocide a few times. None of the other Tinubuists here has been that hateful, save for Amoto 5 years ago.And Amoto's seems like a one-off.

For Raum, it's been an every week thing for 17 years. He won't dare accuse me of settling old scores with him because we barely have any interactive history. That's why he never responds when I expose him. He wouldn't.

2006 to 2023 of wishing a tribe the worst fate possible every week even when it's not election season isn't a phase - it's who he is.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 6:53am On Jan 10, 2023
Theflint1:
Why can't Tinubu play a tribal game though? .
Tinubu has and is playing a tribal card. He's the only one of the candidates who campaigned with a tribal card during the primaries. He said "Yoruba lokan" and narrowed it down to in Yorubaland, "Emi lokan". He used it as a rallying cry, even at the Alaafin's Place. Verify this. He said same in Ogun State. That's the period he also called the Ogun Governor " Eleyi".

Google or local-search " Yoruba lokan" on Twitter and Facebook. All the proponents are Tinubuists.
Most of us don't care where the president is from. Most of the educated ones at least. I do not believe in South East, South South, Yoruba or Northern presidency. It just so happens that the best person for the job is Peter Obi who's from the South East.
If Osinbajo were on the ballot like Obi, there'd be no need to rally with tribal sentiments like Tinubu is doing because he's sellable.

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 6:59am On Jan 10, 2023
DissTroy:

Tinubu has and is playing a tribal card. He's the only one of the candidates who campaigned with a tribal card during the primaries. He said "Yoruba lokan" and narrowed it down to in Yorubaland, "Emi lokan". He used it as a rallying cry, even at the Alaafin's Place. Verify this. He said same in Ogun State. That's the period he also called the Ogun Governor " Eleyi".

Google or local-search " Yoruba lokan" on Twitter and Facebook. All the proponents are Tinubuists.
Most of us don't care where the president is from. Most of the educated ones at least. I do not believe in South East, South South, Yoruba or Northern presidency. It just so happens that the best person for the job is Peter Obi who's from the South East.
If Osinbajo were on the ballot like Obi, there'd be no need to rally with tribal sentiments like Tinubu is doing because he's sellable.

Have you see the front page this morning? grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 7:03am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Did you open the thread?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:04am On Jan 10, 2023
"If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn" - Peter Obi

Atiku lo kan probably pending...

The fiction that this isn't a tribal election is unravelling in front of the wilfully blind.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:06am On Jan 10, 2023
Unlimited22:

Did you open the thread?

Of course
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 7:07am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Of course
OK.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

nihilistjnr:
"If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn" - Peter Obi

The fiction that this isn't a tribal election is unravelling in front of the wilfully blind.

You are being mischievous.

“If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn [b] but I am in the race as a Nigerian wishing to be hired based on my track record, competence and capacity. ” [/b]
https://www.nairaland.com/7517750/peter-obi-presidency-turn-it

If it is by turn, the South East should have it as every other region has had it. But it is not by turn because he is in the race as a Nigerian and his tribe doesn't matter. And he's right. Tribe shouldn't matter. We need a Nigerian president.

Now compare that to Tinubu on live video saying it's the Yoruba's turn and that's final. And doubling down on it.

Or during a presidential/APC rally in Lagos where the Deputy Governor of Lagos endorsed Tinubu and asked Peter Obi to go back to Anambra and leave Lagos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2qrJ0N1kfk

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:09am On Jan 10, 2023
Unlimited22:

OK.

If there's anything you want to say sir, please feel free.

What's the problem?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:10am On Jan 10, 2023
Laslas everyone is a culprit in tribal war
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2023
DissTroy:

“If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn but I am in the race as a Nigerian wishing to be hired based on my track record, competence and capacity.
If it is by turn, the South East should have it as every other region has had it. But it is not by turn because he is in the race as a Nigerian and his tribe doesn't matter. And he's right. Tribe shouldn't matter. We need a Nigerian president.
https://www.nairaland.com/7517750/peter-obi-presidency-turn-it

Now compare that to Tinubu on live video saying it's the Yoruba's turn and that's final. And doubling down on it.

Or during a presidential/APC rally in Lagos where the Deputy Governor of Lagos endorsed Tinubu and asked Peter Obi to go back to Anambra and leave Lagos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2qrJ0N1kfk

Obi believes its the Igbo's turn, and more specifically his turn

That's not different to Emilokan.

There's no amount of speech renovation that can change that.

If Obi didn't believe it was his turn, he would not have made that statement. Simple.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:15am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

If Obi didn't believe it was his turn, he would not have made that statement. Simple.
"as an Igbo it's my turn" because he's the only Igbo man on the ballot.

The quote you're celebrating about and trying to use to push agenda is clear enough for discerning minds.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:17am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

None of the obidient supporters here are wilfully blind. People who have demonstrated tribalism within the the last month, who have previously loathed Peter obi over his performance record, are suddenly trying to white wash a 60 year underachieving member of the political establishment as a performer and an agent of change.

One day someone will leak their whatsapp group chats and we will all be in for a treat

Anyways its shalaye time! He said it but its different because he's Peter obi.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 7:17am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

That's a lie. The thread is still fresh on front page.
Copy and paste it here with the bolded sections just as it is there.

He said "IF [not is is, mind you] it were turn by turn, as an Igbo man it is my turn [not in Igbo land it is my turn but if it is then it should be Igbos], but I am not running as an Igbo candidate but a Nigerian .

You were looking for an opportunity to give a soft landing to your buddy Raum's outing as an unhinged tribalist (not just one responding to personal insults to his tribe) so you evaded until you got a seeming opening this morning. It won't fly.
Obi said he's running as a Nigerian, not as an Igbo man.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:21am On Jan 10, 2023
Theflint1:
"as an Igbo it's my turn" because he's the only Igbo man on the ballot.

The quote you're celebrating about and trying to use to push agenda is clear enough for discerning minds.

Ogbeni pipe low.

Why is his tribe relevant to who's turn it is?

Tinubu said, it is yoruba turn, and of the yoruba's its his turn which sounded absolutely insane when he said it.

Except Obi stole his flow, bar for bar, word for word.

"As an Igbo man, it's my turn"

There's no speech renovator born of a woman that can renovate this one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:23am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Ogbeni pipe low.

Tinubu said, it is yoruba turn, and of the yoruba's its his turn which sounded absolutely insane when he said it.

These niggas were untimely ripp'd grin

Dem no tell you? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:24am On Jan 10, 2023
DissTroy:

That's a lie. The thread is still fresh on front page.
Copy and paste it here with the bolded sections just as it is there.

He said "IF [not is is, mind you] it were turn by turn, as an Igbo man it is my turn [not in Igbo land it is my turn but if it isz then it should be Igbos], but I am not running as an Igbo candidate but a Nigerian .

You were looking for an opportunity to give a soft landing to your buddy Raum's outing as an unhinged tribalist (not just one responding to personal insults to his tribe) so you evaded until you got a seeming opening this morning. It won't fly.
Obi said he's running as a Nigerian, not as an Igbo man.

The only person here lying is the person inserting Square brackets of things Obi did not say into Obi's speech.

If you have to add your own comments into a speech that Obi gave freely, in sound mind, and not under duress, then you know there is a problem.

The infamous words are below:

"If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn"

In other words, Emilokan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 7:25am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

If there's anything you want to say sir, please feel free.

What's the problem?
I no get energy to argue with you this morning.
I shaa know how Nairaland works.

Agenda >>> facts.

11 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:26am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Ogbeni pipe low.

There's a reason you're insisting on running around with a catch phrase, you know why, I know why and everyone knows why grin.

9 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 7:26am On Jan 10, 2023
Predictably, the absentee Laride, Oasis, Recy and the others would appear to latch on to a seeming lifeline and muddy the waters while ignoring the questions about Tinubu's right to think:

-It's his turn and that's final;
- Or why he should still be on the ballot with a questionable educational and familial background;
- Or why he's still in the race with a drug- trafficking tag.

Watch them come out of the digital woodworks now to quote Nihilist's false representation of what Obi reportedly said all day to drown out every other argument.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 7:27am On Jan 10, 2023
Theflint1:
There's a reason you're insisting on running around with a catch phrase, you know why, I know why and everyone knows why grin.
I meannnnn grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:28am On Jan 10, 2023
Unlimited22:

I no get energy to argue with you this morning.
I shaa know how Nairaland works.

Agenda >>> facts.

So I have a tribal agenda? grin grin

Mehn guy hop out my mentions abeg.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) ... (4678) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.