Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1476994 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) ... (4678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 7:50am On Jan 10, 2023
DissTroy:

Tinubu has and is playing a tribal card. He's the only one of the candidates who campaigned with a tribal card during the primaries. He said "Yoruba lokan" and narrowed it down to in Yorubaland, "Emi lokan". He used it as a rallying cry, even at the Alaafin's Place. Verify this. He said same in Ogun State. That's the period he also called the Ogun Governor " Eleyi".

Google or local-search " Yoruba lokan" on Twitter and Facebook. All the proponents are Tinubuists.
Most of us don't care where the president is from. Most of the educated ones at least. I do not believe in South East, South South, Yoruba or Northern presidency. It just so happens that the best person for the job is Peter Obi who's from the South East.
If Osinbajo were on the ballot like Obi, there'd be no need to rally with tribal sentiments like Tinubu is doing because he's sellable.

You lie effortlessly. I think it's even safe to say yo6 dont even understand Yoruba and its context.

Tinubu rightly said Emi Lokan in Ogun State. Prior to that Tinubu had did consultations in most of the states leading to the primary election and the reason he said Emi lokan was clear in Ogun State as it's the only state he made that statement.

That you trying to use a statement made to his party members about it being his turn to be supported to mean the tribal card shows how disingenuous you are.

And yes Tinubu Lokan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:50am On Jan 10, 2023
monerozi5590:

Emphasis on "IF THE PRESIDENT IS TO BE GIVEN BY WHOSE TURN IT'S"

Which is literally the same thing as what Tinubu said.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:51am On Jan 10, 2023
This post is clear as daylight. Obi did not speak in Bala blue or conjure any "dead fish is not sweet in the soup " parable. He was very explicit and spoke in the English we all learnt in school as our lingua franca.

Obi : "If the President is to be given by whose
turn it is, as an Igbo it's my turn but I am in
the race as a Nigerian wishing to be hired
based on my track record, competence and
capacity."

It's an election season and people will interpret posts like this to suit their own narrative. As far as I'm concerned Obi is asking people to vote him not because it's Igbo's turn but because of.his track record, competence and capacity. I would expect anybody that want to tackle him based on this interview to tackle his track records, competence and capacity.... Not to be dragging him into Emilokan debate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 7:51am On Jan 10, 2023
Unlimited22:

I no get energy to argue with you this morning.
I shaa know how Nairaland works.

Agenda >>> facts.

I strongly disagree on Nihilistjnr on this one.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:53am On Jan 10, 2023
BlueRayDick:
This post is clear as daylight. Obi did not speak in Bala blue or conjure any "dead fish is not sweet in the soup " parable. He was very explicit and spoke in the English we all learnt in school as our lingua franca.

Obi : "If the President is to be given by whose
turn it is, as an Igbo it's my turn but I am in
the race as a Nigerian wishing to be hired
based on my track record, competence and
capacity."

It's an election season and people will interpret posts like this to suit their own narrative. As far as I'm concerned Obi is asking people to vote him not because it's Igbo's turn but because of.his track record, competence and capacity. I would expect anybody that want to tackle him based on this interview to tackle his track records, competence and capacity.... Not to be dragging him into Emilokan debate.

If Obi did not believe it was the Igbo's turn and his turn, he wouldn't say it.

There is literally no reason to preface a request to vote for his competence with a reminder that it's the Igbo's turn.

If you can think of a reason for that statement, let us know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:55am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Peter Obi literally said "If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn"

Address this.

Nah... You disappoint me..
Infact let's see.

Can you address Obi literally saying "if the president is to be"

Since we are not posting full statements grin

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 7:55am On Jan 10, 2023
larride:

You lie effortlessly. I think it's even safe to say yo6 dont even understand Yoruba and its context.

That you trying to use a statement made to his party members about it being his turn to be supported to mean the tribal card shows how disingenuous you are.

And yes Tinubu Lokan.

The joke is on you. I made this statement deliberately to forestall excuses like the one you just gave. Yoruba was my second language before I learnt my native Ibibio in my teens. wink
disstroyy:

I even did Yoruba in my JSCE and aced it.

Tinubu said on video "Yoruba lo kan" which is, it is Yoruba's turn and his entourage echoed yes, then he went on with, in Yorubaland, "Emi lokan". This isn't reported speech but what he said in an audiovisual.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:56am On Jan 10, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Nah... You disappoint me..
Infact let's see.

Can you address Obi literally saying "if the president is to be"

Since we are not posting full statements grin

You have been a Nigerian all your life.

Which Presidency was awarded on turn basis?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:57am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Address what I posted... What is Obi saying from what I posted
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:58am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

If Obi did not believe it was the Igbo's turn and his turn, he wouldn't say it.

There is literally no reason to preface a request to vote for his competence with a reminder that it's the Igbo's turn.

If you can think of a reason for that statement, let us know.

U are the one who chose to interpret a clear statement to suit Ur narrative. U are the one who is quoting half of a complete statement.

Initially I thought disstroy was out to defend Obi against all odds. Then I opened the FP topic and I see that u are the one who chose to use half sentence for the basis of agenda. Haba!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:59am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Peter Obi literally said "If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn"

Address this.
“If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn but I am in the race as a Nigerian wishing to be hired based on my track record, competence and capacity. ”

The quote above from Peter Obi addresses it.

Now please help us with the one from BAT let's compare, the one that left you disheartened.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:59am On Jan 10, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Address what I posted... What is Obi saying from what I posted

That he believes its the Igbo's turn and thus his turn.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2023
Theflint1:
“If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn but I am in the race as a Nigerian wishing to be hired based on my track record, competence and capacity. ”

The quote above from Peter Obi addresses it.

Now please help us with the one from BAT let's compare, the one that left you disheartened.

I am not playing any games about which is better or worse.

Those two statements are exactly the same thing

Tinubu:
Yoruba lokan - It is Yoruba's turn
Emilokan - Thus it is my turn

Obi:
As an Igbo man, it is my turn.

The end.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:01am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Ever heard of the word zoning?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:02am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Tinubu:

Obi:

The end.
Yes, they're exactly the same.

Tinubu: it is
Obi: it is

The end.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:03am On Jan 10, 2023
DissTroy:

The joke is on you. I made this statement deliberately to forestall excuses like the one you just gave. wink

Tinubu said on video "Yoruba lo kan" which is it is Yoruba's turn and his entoruaged echoed yes, then he went on with, in Yorubaland, "Emi lokan". This isn't reported speak but what he said in an audiovisual.

You cannot pick out words that interest you alone from a statement only while ignoring the rest of the word said that form the context.

Its important to note that Tinubu made this statement in Ogun state during APC primaries consultations.

Tinubu said he has always supported others and that it's his turn to be supported during the APC primaries. He clearly said its Yoruba turn to get the ticket and if we are talking about Yorubas it's his turn as the eldest among those running for APC ticket.

You can claim to get whatever in Yoruba, your poor attempt at interpreting a statement made in Yoruba as given you out.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 8:03am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Which is literally the same thing as what Tinubu said.

Not the same sir. This is what Tinubu said.

Speaking on why he is the best choice among other aspirants in South West, he said, “it is my time, I’m educated, I’m experienced. I have been serving people for a long time, bring me the presidency, it is my turn.”
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:04am On Jan 10, 2023
BlueRayDick:

U are the one who chose to interpret a clear statement to suit Ur narrative. U are the one who is quoting half of a complete statement.

Initially I thought disstroy was out to defend Obi against all odds. Then I opened the FP topic and I see that u are the one who chose to use half sentence for the basis of agenda. Haba!

The Amala no turn well grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 8:04am On Jan 10, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This is not the question I asked you sir.

My question was, can you please explain why Obi felt the need to say it is Igbo's turn and thus his turn?

There is no politician even emilokan himself that doesn't campaign on competence and past record, so pointing out that Obi said vote for competence is irrelevant.

What I'm interested in is WHY Obi had to say it his turn as an Igbo man.

I'm waiting for your response.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 8:05am On Jan 10, 2023
monerozi5590:

Not the same sir. This is what Tinubu said.

Speaking on why he is the best choice among other aspirants in South West, he said, “it is my time, I’m educated, I’m experienced. I have been serving people for a long time, bring me the presidency, it is my turn.”

Tinubu literally said Yoruba Lokan and then ninu awon Yoruba, emi Lokan.

That translates to - It is my turn as a Yoruba man

Which is literally the same as Obi's statement of It is my turn as an Igbo.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:06am On Jan 10, 2023
larride:

You cannot pick out words that interest you alone from a statement only while ignoring the rest of the word said that form the context.

Its important to note that Tinubu made this statement in Ogun state during APC primaries consultations.

Tinubu said he has always supported others and that it's his turn to be supported during the APC primaries. He clearly said its Yoruba turn to get the ticket and if we are talking about Yorubas it's his turn as the eldest among those running for APC ticket.

You can claim to get whatever in Yoruba, your poor attempt at interpreting a statement made in Yoruba as given you out.
One person hinged his right to office based on age and another based on competence, yet someone is trying to drive agenda that both statements are the same thing.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:06am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Tinubu:

Obi:

The end.

Tinubu even made his own Emi Lokan to his party members when he was trying to get APC ticket not when campaign has started.

Since Tinubu won the ticket and campaign started, Tinubu hasn't told anyone to vote for him because he's Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:08am On Jan 10, 2023
Theflint1:
One person hinged his right to office based on age and another based on competence, yet someone is trying to drive agenda that both statements are the same thing.

You dont understand how party politics works so there's no point explaining anything to you.

Tinubu has said it several times that hes the most competent and capable of being our President among all the contestants.

You can go and watch his BBC interview again for confirmation. cool

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 8:08am On Jan 10, 2023
larride:

The point after all! Thank you for making my point!
For Tinubu, there's no "if", it's a certainty that it's the Yoruba's point. That was his rallying cry and why many kicked against it. The Yoruba lokan quip has been dissected a thousand times in the media and Tinubuists have admitted he said Yoruba lokan.

He said it in Ogun and at the Alaafin's palace in Oyo. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 8:08am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Tinubu literally said Yoruba Lokan and then ninu awon Yoruba, emi Lokan.

That translates to - It is my turn as a Yoruba man

Which is literally the same as Obi's statement of It is my turn as an Igbo.

Nihilistjnr, seriously I am confused. I don't know what you are trying to say sir.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:09am On Jan 10, 2023
The person who chose just a line out of a statement to run agenda is saying another person is doing something like that. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 8:11am On Jan 10, 2023
monerozi5590:

Nihilistjnr, seriously I am confused. I don't know what you are trying to say sir.

Less than 24 hours after Obidients were arguing that Tinubu was the only one running a tribsl campaign, Obi literally points out that its the Igbo turn for the presidency.

What I'm trying to say is what I've been saying for years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:11am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

This is not the question I asked you sir.

My question was, can you please explain why Obi felt the need to say it is Igbo's turn and thus his turn?

There is no politician even emilokan himself that doesn't campaign on competence and past record, so pointing out that Obi said vote for competence is irrelevant.

What I'm interested in is WHY Obi had to say it his turn as an Igbo man.

I'm waiting for your response.

U are asking me to analyze a phrase out of a complete sentence grin. The same sentence u have refused to analyze in full ?

Not today bro.

Happy Amala-turning Tuesday to u.

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

That he believes its the Igbo's turn and thus his turn.

Nope.. That's not what I posted..

OBI SAID "if the president is to be"

Address that statement. Now before you say its not complete, please it's what I picked from what he said..

So I'd like you to address it thanks cool

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 8:15am On Jan 10, 2023
About to drag this thread few more pages because people don’t understand IF grin

There’s nothing bad with Tinubu’s own since he said since he’s helped people, it’s his turn…. Nigerians just don’t believe it’s his turn

Not with Osinbanjo and co in the same party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 8:17am On Jan 10, 2023
BlueRayDick:

U are asking me to analyze a phrase out of a complete sentence grin. The same sentence u have refused to analyze in full ?

Not today bro.

Happy Amala-turning Tuesday to u.

Like I said, there is no candidate that will not ask you to vote for them based on competence.

My question for you was very simple- why did Obi feel the need to point out it was Igbo's turn?

If you could answer, you would have by now.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 8:17am On Jan 10, 2023
"If it is" and "It certainly is" are two different phrases.
I predicted those of you Tinubuists who were relatively inactive or dormant all through yesterday when you had nothing to defend with would come out of the woodworks within minutes to latch on to Nihilist's sly comment. And you did!

From the debate being about why it's such a crime for many of you that a president should come from a particular extraction even if he has the best credentials and the least baggage to a concocted attempt at equaling Obi with Tinubu based on some.entitled agenda to govern 200 million people.

Just like that within 10 hours. I see it for what it really is. It remains for Oasis to quote it 70 times with "Mi o no so nkan'kan" with 6 billion emojis and the troupe is complete.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) ... (4678) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Theflint1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.