Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,521 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:01 PM

Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health (29760 Views)

Ndume Threatens To Relocate Abroad Over FG’s Rising Recurrent Expenditure / Uzor Anwuka To Be Flown Abroad After He Was Shot During Brawl Over Property / Deji Adeyanju Flown Abroad For Treatment After Brutal Beating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Angelfrost(m): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2022
I can't even castigate him honestly....

Not when the elected president goes abroad thrice a year at least for mere routine check up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Czario: 11:12am On Jun 20, 2022
Stroke....that man is as fit as a fiddle.

He just wants to escape before D day
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by IamNat: 11:13am On Jun 20, 2022
proi:

You are a wise man. You are going places

Thanks sir.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Czario: 11:14am On Jun 20, 2022
Kingbeacon:
It is not good to wish anyone bad. But as for this man I wish he never return alive, he's one of the reason we continue to witness this banditry. Who knows this might even be karma at it peak.

Bandits may just be about to overrun Niger State and he's escaping

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by bluefilm: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2022
COVID why? cry cry cry
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Angelfrost(m): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Good point, but let's be honest...our hospitals are underresourced from an underresourced budget.

Nigeria spends less than 3 billion dollars on health. Our budget is less than 30-40 billion dollars on a good day. Countries where people port to for healthcare spend about 100 billion dollars on health alone.

UAE produces 2.4m barrels of crude a day, for a populaiton less than 20 million. Nigeria does 1.7 m barrels...for 210 million people. Do the math.

And we push our budget into deficit by overreliance on oil and also by wasteful subsides on power and petrol, and by a very poor tax uptake rate.

At some point, you have to realize these explanations of yours are getting stale and non impactful to an average Nigerian.

If most Nigerians use these hospitals and are healthy enough or well, what makes elected leaders so special that they have to use hospitals abroad at the expense of the same deficit budget or national income?!!

We can't keep painting the problem and giving these useless leaders soft landings (Yes, that's precisely what you do most times)...

There is nothing particularly delicate or special about Nigeria's situation that a brilliant and serious leader won't solve with the cooperation of majority of the masses.

Nations have been in worse circumstances and came out strong through doggedness and proper leadership.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Pointblack: 11:21am On Jun 20, 2022
ghettokid1:
http://saharareporters.com/2022/06/20/former-nigerian-military-ruler-abdulsalami-abubakar-flown-abroad-over-ill-health#:~:text=Former%20Nigerian%20Military%20Ruler%2C%20Abdulsalami%20Abubakar%20Flown%20Abroad
God will heal you. A good politician
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by wizelink(m): 11:25am On Jun 20, 2022
What happened to numerous hospitals in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2022
Angelfrost:

At some point, you have to realize these explanations of yours are getting stale and non impactful to an average Nigerian.

If most Nigerians use these hospitals and are healthy enough or well, what makes elected leaders so special that they have to use hospitals abroad at the expense of the same deficit budget or national income?!!

We can't keep painting the problem and giving these useless leaders soft landings (Yes, that's precisely what you do most times)...

There is nothing particularly delicate or special about Nigeria's situation that a brilliant and serious leader won't solve with the cooperation of majority of the masses.

Nations have been in worse circumstances and came out strong through doggedness and proper leadership.

First, thanks for calling me stale, and second, I still stand by what I wrote, and third, I still also agree with you that yes, corruption and bad leadership is to blame.

But the fact is, hospitals aborad, work well, because they have more money....due to stuff like higher hospital fees, or higher rates of taxation, and higher GDP due to being in industrial nations.

I am aware that we have had bad leaders, which is why I have made it a prinicple not to support anyone from APC or PDP , even if they port to other parties, since 2002. But the fact is, if we want good things, we need money for them.

And Nigeria is not earning enough money because, like most African countries we sell raw materials. We do not control the prices of those raw materials. We have shown no interest in remaking those raw materials to exportable industrial goods whose prices we can control...and which we can earn more dollars from than we are earning now. We don;t overall as a nation pay enough in tax income.

And we expect to have good stuff like the countries that are industrial, have much higher tax to gdp ratios, and export a lot of industrial products and have a diversified economy.? Plus they deal with corruption whoever ox is gored (not like Nigeria where fighting corruption is ok...till they reach your favorite politican?).

Nigeria needs to make far more money than we are making now, and severely punish corrupition. And relying on oil money for all our needs, or relying on selling raw materials whose prices, need I remind you, we do not control, is not the answer.

And the sad thing is that Buhari, BAT, Obi, Atiku and most of the political class have no idea.

Let's tell ourselves the truth, or keep lying.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by EkelediliBuhari: 11:27am On Jun 20, 2022
Business1230:
Wrong, na 13% he represent

I stand corrected

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by aribisala0(m): 11:29am On Jun 20, 2022
ghettokid1:
why will they flow him abroad ? What happened to the hospitals he built ??
wish him quick recovery sha
They should flow him to the Ocean or lagoon
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by AmazingELixir: 11:34am On Jun 20, 2022
grin

Flown abroad....a one time head of state flown abroad for medical attention.....a very unbelievable country diswan.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Nwagod26: 11:36am On Jun 20, 2022
This is not right. This is not right oooooo.

Why send him abroad? So you mean all the hospitals government at all levels cannot handle his matter.

Oga get well na ma wish for you
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by sinkhole: 11:36am On Jun 20, 2022
I follow say, RIP in advance embarassed
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by SUNNINO(m): 11:36am On Jun 20, 2022
One of the sponsors of bandits,they used his helicopter to supply bandits their needs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by BobbyZrealist(m): 11:37am On Jun 20, 2022
MansoryMX:
RIP in advance

I concur.

The same one who nearly stole the treasury in 11 months in power....still,
Using his power and infuence to promote terrorism.
He can rot in hell.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by sinkhole: 11:38am On Jun 20, 2022
wizelink:
What happened to numerous hospitals in Nigeria?
Hospitals in Nigeria can not be allowed to treat a cat or a dog in Dubai, England or America cool
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by rhymesnoni(m): 11:40am On Jun 20, 2022
Have you been to Niger State?

This man is one of the major reason our dear state (Niger) has been stagnant, i don't wish a fellow human death ooo, I won't! I pray God answers the prayers of the majority Nigerlites..

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by farouk2much(m): 11:41am On Jun 20, 2022
Our leaders will never make heaven.... What about those who can't afford to fly even if their sick is critical than he is
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Angelfrost(m): 11:41am On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

First, thanks for calling me stale, and second, I still stand by what I wrote, and third, I still also agree with you that yes, corruption and bad leadership is to blame.

But the fact is, hospitals aborad, work well, because they have more money....due to stuff like higher hospital fees, or higher rates of taxation, and higher GDP due to being in industrial nations.

I am aware that we have had bad leaders, which is why I have made it a prinicple not to support anyone from APC or PDP , even if they port to other parties, since 2002. But the fact is, if we want good things, we need money for them.

And Nigeria is not earning enough money because, like most African countries we sell raw materials. We do not control the prices of those raw materials. We have shown no interest in remaking those raw materials to exportable industrial goods whose prices we can control...and which we can earn more dollars from than we are earning now. We don;t overall as a nation pay enough in tax income.

And we expect to have good stuff like the countries that are industrial, have much higher tax to gdp ratios, and export a lot of industrial products and have a diversified economy.? Plus they deal with corruption whoever ox is gored (not like Nigeria where fighting corruption is ok...till they reach your favorite politican?).

Nigeria needs to make far more money than we are making now, and severely punish corrupition. And relying on oil money for all our needs, or relying on selling raw materials whose prices, need I remind you, we do not control, is not the answer.

And the sad thing is that Buhari, BAT, Obi, Atiku and most of the political class have no idea.

Let's tell ourselves the truth, or keep lying.

Pardon my choice of words sir... Apologies if you felt insulted, but that was not the intention.

You see, we hear these all the time. It's is easy to pinpoint the problems and talk about them all day long, but that will never make them go away.

Nigeria needs practical solutions... The nation is in dire straits but redemption is not impossible.

The first step to solving Nigeria's crisis is to cut expenditure in all sectors! If this is done at the same time as stopping fuel subsidy, results will be seen in Months.

Anti-Corruption remains a huge decider for the effectiveness of the above, because face it, doing everything without checking excesses is like pouring water and fuel into a burning building at the same time.

This is why I agree with you that none of the current political candidates will deliver, except Peter Obi due to his ability to be frugal.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 20, 2022
Angelfrost:

Pardon my choice of words sir... Apologies if you felt insulted, but that was not the intention.

You see, we hear these all the time. It's is easy to pinpoint the problems and talk about them all day long, but that will never make them go away.

Nigeria needs practical solutions... The nation is in dire straits but redemption is not impossible.

The first step to solving Nigeria's crisis is to cut expenditure in all sectors! If this is done at the same time as stopping fuel subsidy, results will be seen in Months.

Anti-Corruption remains a huge decider for the effectiveness of the above, because face it, doing everything without checking excesses is like pouring water and fuel into a burning building at the same time.

This is why I agree with you that none of the current political candidates will deliver, except Peter Obi due to his ability to be frugal.

Ultimately we have to make more money...and that goes beyond just 'selling groundnut, cocoa, cotton, etc' in addition to oyel.

Thanks for apology.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by wizelink(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2022
sinkhole:
Hospitals in Nigeria can not be allowed to treat a cat or a dog in Dubai, England or America cool

Says who? If can be sincere to yourself, then How many times have you or your relatives been admitted in Nigerian hospitals and still got your healing or came back better?

If I should go by your claim, then no one is expected alive after using the hospitals in Nigeria.

All these politicians, and past rulers who do not want their health history known to any Nigerian decided to go abroad.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by tunapawizzy: 11:47am On Jun 20, 2022
They should bring him back to the hospital he built when he was president
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Miracle2020: 11:47am On Jun 20, 2022
Money and power is useless. All the money he stole in our treasury,he cannot build one good hospital. Now you are running to other countries hospital,if they had stolen the money meant for hospitals where would you run to now?
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Confirm4real(m): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2022
Next please...

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 20, 2022
This is one of the politicians that support the ban on importation of foreign goods.Why can't he patronise our local hospitals?

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Pastorsmile: 11:54am On Jun 20, 2022
No,he should contest for presidency
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by mema900: 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
ImDStar:
It's over 60years that Nigeria has been existing, and Nigeria has produced not less than 16 president/head of state.
Yet there's no Power/electricity, No good roads, No good health care, Fuel scarcity, Killing here and there, The government killing business.

And yet, some retard people are still clamouring for the same old people who put them in misery.

I am a victim of this embarassed
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by ViceGovernor: 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
No peace for the wicked undecided
One by one all the past and present problems of Nigeria na stroke go kill una last last.

Still waiting to hear something like this happen to the kunu sipping vegetable in Aso rock.

Quote me and stroke go catch you too cheesy
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Bamijoko1(m): 12:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
nairavsdollars:
He don try

Useless man
If you know u know.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by jesmond3945: 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
ghettokid1:
why will they flow him abroad ? What happened to the hospitals he built ??
wish him quick recovery sha
they would fly to nhs for medicals but would tell their supporters to use community health centres that uses panadol to treat cancer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Timeline: Deadly Boko haram Attack In 36 Days (image) / Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics / Why Can't Lagosians Do 'O To Gee' For Tinubu In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.