Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,145 members, 7,860,111 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health (29756 Views)

Ndume Threatens To Relocate Abroad Over FG’s Rising Recurrent Expenditure / Uzor Anwuka To Be Flown Abroad After He Was Shot During Brawl Over Property / Deji Adeyanju Flown Abroad For Treatment After Brutal Beating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by orisa37: 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
SPEEDY RECOVERY RTD. GENERAL AA
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by aulaka: 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
Likely you die before him.

MansoryMX:
RIP in advance
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by preciousmetals: 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
He should never return back alive, he's our greatest problem, he gave us the 1999 constitution that mess this country up
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by IamNat: 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
dragunov:

You don't outgrow corruption. It grows along with you. It's like wishing to outgrow cancer if you have it. Corruption is treated. Removed. Expunged. If the appropriate action is not taken it will continue ad infinitum.

Well maybe that didn't come out well, when I said outgrow what was in my mind was that sooner or later, we will get to a point when we would get tired of this corrupt system and all what we want is to just do anything possible to get rid of it, be it by Removing or expunged like you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by shotuns: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
He should just go and vanish, he is the reason we have the devilish / fraudulent constitution currently use on Nigeria. God shall take care of you people one after the other. Amen.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by membranus: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
Thryphosa:

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.

Says who in Animal Farm?
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by juman(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
I hate nigerian generals with passion.
They are thieves.
They ruined the country.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by juman(m): 3:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
shotuns:
He should just go and vanish, he is the reason we have the devilish / fraudulent constitution currently use on Nigeria. God shall take care of you people one after the other. Amen.

The constitution is not our problem.
But insincerity of those leaders.

Do you know that the military used decree when they ruled the country, yet they failed woefully.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Successlane: 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
MansoryMX:
RIP in advance

This applies to everybody, even YOU!!!

Only the timings vary.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by kafeii123: 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
This man handed us the 1999 constitution...that occultic and devilish covenant that has held the growth of the country by the jugular and kept it's purses in the hands of kleptomaniacs....

One would hope that he'd have seen the plenty errors in that backstab of his and repented but that hasn't been the case... I'm hopeful he'd still admit this sin.. probably when he's close enough to the grave and knows it...

In any case...may he not die yet..he needs to see the country begin to prosper at least
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by okuta007: 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
IamNat:

He did have a choice, he could have stayed a little longer, he's a military man, he could have started killing anyone who wants to stand against him like Abacha did, when IBB decided to annul the June 12 election, what happened eventually, till today the election is still not announced. But here is a man who decided to do what is right, he should be credited for that. I never said he did Nigeria a favour, maybe it sounded like that to you, I am only acknowledging the fact that he chose to do what is right.
Yes, he stole and looted the country, but show me a Nigerian leader who has not done such in one way or the other -this is not me justifying corruption in any way, but if the Lord should keep track of Nigerian politician's iniquities, who can stand among them?. Also, I never said nor meant to imply that travelling abroad to take care of his health is a good thing.

All I did was to only acknowledge the fact that he chose to do what was right at a critical point in the history of Nigeria.
I also wish him speedy recovery!

whatsoever you think Abdulsalami did by returning Nigeria to democracy- he did for himself - you are not responding to an indomie generation nairalander, FYI I was an adult already who voted in June 12, 1993 - and the news of the death of MKO Abiola was already stocking up potential reprisal attacks and a possible civil war situation. Abiola died a few days after Abacha and the country was heading to a catastrophic end due to much uncertainty and no sensible military man will bear to be in the center of the storm by holding on to power

With Abiola, the acclaimed winner of the 1993 annulled presidential election, a yoruba man dead while in custody of the federal
government of Nigeria - with Oladipo Diya, Olanrewaju and Andulkarim Adisa, all Yoruba Generals and former key members of the Abacha junta in prison awaiting execution for the December 1997 coup - Abdulsalami had no choice my brother than to return Nigeria to civil rule and ensure a yoruba man take over from him and free these condemned Generals to calm frayed nerves of not just yorubas but southern Nigerians - that’s an open secret so don’t come here trying to re-write history like he did the country a big favor returning Nigeria to civil rule because he could hold on, HE COULDNT THAT WAS WHY HE HANDED OVER POWER!!!! He said so himself -

By implication he did not desire to do what was right, the prevailing circumstances of that time FORCED him to leave in a hurry as Abacha and the culture of military rule with all that assassinations of Kudirat, Olu Onagoruwa’s son, Pa Alfred Rewane, attempted assassination of Alex Ibru all that left a massive dent on the military’s image under Abacha - he was forced to leave - Thanks!
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by IamNat: 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
okuta007:

whatsoever you think Abdulsalami did by returning Nigeria to democracy- he did for himself - you are not responding to an indomie generation nairalander, FYI I was an adult already who voted in June 12, 1993 - and the news of the death of MKO Abiola was already stocking up potential reprisal attacks and a possible civil war situation. Abiola died a few days after Abacha and the country was heading to a catastrophic end due to much uncertainty and no sensible military man will bear to be in the center of the storm by holding on to power

With Abiola, the acclaimed winner of the 1993 annulled presidential election, a yoruba man dead while in custody of the federal
government of Nigeria - with Oladipo Diya, Olanrewaju and Andulkarim Adisa, all Yoruba Generals and former key members of the Abacha junta in prison awaiting execution for the December 1997 coup - Abdulsalami had no choice my brother than to return Nigeria to civil rule and ensure a yoruba man take over from him and free these condemned Generals to calm frayed nerves of not just yorubas but southern Nigerians - that’s an open secret so don’t come here trying to re-write history like he did the country a big favor returning Nigeria to civil rule because he could hold on, HE COULDNT THAT WAS WHY HE HANDED OVER POWER!!!! He said so himself -

By implication he did not desire to do what was right, the prevailing circumstances of that time FORCED him to leave in a hurry as Abacha and the culture of military rule with all that assassinations of Kudirat, Olu Onagoruwa’s son, Pa Alfred Rewane, attempted assassination of Alex Ibru all that left a massive dent on the military’s image under Abacha - he was forced to leave - Thanks!

Nawa o, I don't know what makes you think maybe I'm talking to Indomie generations and those other histories you put up there. What makes you think I didn't vote in the June 12 election. I believe you have a right to your own opinion just as I did have a right to mine. I already told you my position and the reason behind it.

If Gowon can decide to go ahead with the Civil war, Abdulsalam could decide to do the same, he could have lost and he could have won but every soldier knows it's either win or lose that ends a war.

Well if all you believe about Abdusalam returning Nigeria to Civil rule is that he did it for himself, no problem.

As for me I will always credit him for what he did, he's a hero who won't be forgotten when talking about democracy in Nigeria.

Thanks sir.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by naijaking1: 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
KADASE:
God please!!!

This is the only retired General and former Head of State that is a perfect gentleman.

His continuous intervention in ensuring our democratic dispensation works and matures cannot be underestimated.

Let God continue to guard, protect, and heal him for the good of this country, Nigeria.

..... don't forget handing us this rogue 1999 constitution designed for and by the Fulanis.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Lexusgs430: 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
FireUpNow:
I know this for sure

The same way, buhari is also now a thick bone, in Nigeria's throat..........

We would continually fund his health bills, till he kicks that bucket.........
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by joyousever(f): 8:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
Read your email history books. Nigeria has been existing since January 1897, over a century ago. I think you mean Nigerian independence.
ImDStar:
It's over 60years that Nigeria has been existing, and Nigeria has produced not less than 16 president/head of state.
Yet there's no Power/electricity, No good roads, No good health care, Fuel scarcity, Killing here and there, The government killing business.

And yet, some retard people are still clamouring for the same old people who put them in misery.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by joyousever(f): 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
Read your history books. Nigeria has been existing since January 1897, over a century ago. I think you mean Nigerian independence.
ImDStar:
It's over 60years that Nigeria has been existing, and Nigeria has produced not less than 16 president/head of state.
Yet there's no Power/electricity, No good roads, No good health care, Fuel scarcity, Killing here and there, The government killing business.

And yet, some retard people are still clamouring for the same old people who put them in misery.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by erico2k2(m): 8:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
ghettokid1:
http://saharareporters.com/2022/06/20/former-nigerian-military-ruler-abdulsalami-abubakar-flown-abroad-over-ill-health#:~:text=Former%20Nigerian%20Military%20Ruler%2C%20Abdulsalami%20Abubakar%20Flown%20Abroad
Haba, I wish this was covid times when no one can fly, they should have left him to go to the hospitals he built whilst in power!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Jean2(m): 8:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
Is he really a man of peace?

God knows all things. Sees all things.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by okuta007: 8:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
IamNat:

Nawa o, I don't know what makes you think maybe I'm talking to Indomie generations and those other histories you put up there. What makes you think I didn't vote in the June 12 election. I believe you have a right to your own opinion just as I did have a right to mine. I already told you my position and the reason behind it.

If Gowon can decide to go ahead with the Civil war, Abdulsalam could decide to do the same, he could have lost and he could have won but every soldier knows it's either win or lose that ends a war.

Well if all you believe about Abdusalam returning Nigeria to Civil rule is that he did it for himself, no problem.

As for me I will always credit him for what he did, he's a hero who won't be forgotten when talking about democracy in Nigeria.

Thanks sir.

e don do, you win, God bless you!
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by Thryphosa(m): 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
membranus:

Says who in Animal Farm?

Lol! I think Napoleon!

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by mecussey(m): 12:00am On Jun 21, 2022
galaxy2020:
This man wey give us northern constitution, for the north.

They made sure the constitution was made to favour the north

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by ajl: 12:45am On Jun 21, 2022
He laid the foundation for the terrorist 1999 constitution. He doesn't deserve to return to Nigeria alive but I will leave his case for God to judge.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by samx4real(m): 6:01am On Jun 21, 2022
Abeg make this one do make he go join him ancestors.

These are the problems of Nigeria.
Re: Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health by FireUpNow(m): 6:21am On Jun 21, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The same way, buhari is also now a thick bone, in Nigeria's throat..........

We would continually fund his health bills, till he kicks that bucket.........

In a saner clime, Buhari himself would have resigned by now for health reasons but he is so defiant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Speaks On Petrol Subsidy / Pictures From Obidients Door-To-Door Campaign In Niger State / $12billion Taken Out Of Nigeria During Jonathan's Regime – EFCC Boss, Lamorde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.