Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,370 members, 7,861,020 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:12 PM

Don't Read If You're Not Ambitious - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Read If You're Not Ambitious (461 Views)

Damn! This Thing Is Fire!!! If You're Not Doing This, You're Crazy [PIX] / WOMEN ONLY: Don't Read [PHOTO] / Can You Allow Your Friend To Stay With Your Partner When You're Not Around? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Read If You're Not Ambitious by Alphalab(m): 10:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
Your brain is designed to be always working except when you're sleeping.

Whenever you're not assigning any task to the brain, the brain sees it as a time to do its hobbies.

So, you start working for your brain instead. (how shameful?)

These hobbies are often activities that causes rise in dopamine. In most cases, bad habits.

Might be smoking, drinking, masturbation and others.

You've probably heard of the proverb "An idle mind is the devil's workshop"

The above proverb is nothing but the truth.

When you're idle, you're under utilizing your ability to chase your dreams and ambitions.

Hence, giving the responsibility of being productive to your brain.

Productive people are never idle.

Ambitious people are productive.

This is not even about consistency, yet.

This is about you being productive and doing something for yourself and NOT your brain.

Even when you doing things like resting, engage your brain by doing deliberate activities like reading and entertainment.

Until you keep your mind busy, you'll keep working for your brain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Read If You're Not Ambitious by SuprymBean: 10:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
God bless. Thank you for this one op. I really needed it.

1 Like

Re: Don't Read If You're Not Ambitious by Maxxim: 11:10pm On Jun 22, 2022
Nicely written, reminds me of a quote that says "if you can't control your brain and it controls you, you're fvcked" ~ David Goggins
Unfortunately one is bound to involve in unproductive activities once they can't keep their brain in control.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Out Of Infatuation, I Dated My Boss. He Sacked Me After Eating My Flower / Lady Finds Maggots Wiggling In A Chicken Piece She Bought At Popular Restaurant / Stop Denying Your Husbands Sex, Expert, Eric Okunna, Tells Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.