Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC (30907 Views)

Governor Dikko And Ibrahim Masari Visit President Tinubu At His Abuja Residence / Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee / I Lost All My School Certificates - Kabir Ibrahim Masari, Tinubu’s Placeholder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by dre11(m): 6:53am On Jun 25, 2022
All appears not to be too well within the ranks of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) over the final choice of the party for an acceptable running mate to its Presidential Candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. This is as a result of the emergence of several camps within the APC said to be jostling for the position of running mate to the former Lagos State governor.

Sources within the party told Saturday Telegraph that Tinubu might consider making the stand-in candidate, Alhaji Ibrahim Masari, as his final choice to run with him at next year’s presidential poll. A native of Katsina, Masari is a former National Welfare Secretary of the APC during the time of the Comrade Adams Oshiomhole- led National Working Committee of the party. Another source who is close to Tinubu told our correspondent that Tinubu’s choice of Masar came as a form of securing the support and buy-in of President Muhammadu Buhari to the Presidential aspiration of the National Leader of the APC next year.

“I can tell you that there is tension within the party (APC) over the choice of the running mate to the presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. I can confirm that to you,” the source who pleaded not to be mentioned, said. According to the source, numerous camps have emerged all jostling for the slot now because of the window that the APC has to substitute Masari’s name with another person. “Camps have emerged and all of them are doing all within their power to ensure that they clinch the slot,” the source said, adding that a series of meetings have been taking place within and outside Abuja, the nation’s capital.

He (the source) added that no fewer than four Northern governors elected are in the race to pair up with Tinubu and that they (the governors) are lobbying and deploying their foot soldiers with a view to achieving their aim. According to the source, three of the governors are from the North West and one from the North Central, adding that three former governors as well serving top government officials are also in contention for the slot.

The source added that the heat generated by the fierce contestation from gladiators in the party prompted Tinubu to issue a statement via his media office last weekend to say that he has submitted the name of his preferred choice to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). “As stipulated by the electoral law and Independent National Electoral Commission guidelines and timetable, the standard bearer of the All Progressives Congress, HE Asíwájú Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has returned his duly completed nomination forms to INEC. The forms were returned on Wednesday June 15, two days ahead of schedule.

“We wish to reiterate that HE Asíwájú Tinubu stands ready to contest the February 25, 2023 presidential election to deliver progressive good governance to our people,” the statement read in part. Confirming the development that Tinubu might stick to the choice in a telephone chat with our correspondent during the week, one of the aides of the former governor stated that “With the way things stand today, Asiwaju will be left with no other choice than to stick with his choice of Masari.”

Providing insight on why his principal decided to pick Masari, the source said, “It is simply to curry the support of President Muhammadu Buhari and nothing more,” adding that the move has paid off. The source cited the rapprochement between Buhari and Tinubu as an indication that Masari seems likely to become the final choice of the party. While Buhari has recently openly stated that the former Lagos governor was his preferred candidate, Tinubu on the other hand has praised the Daura- born leader for his neutrality during the presidential primaries of the party last month.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/tinubu-may-settle-for-placeholder-as-tension-mounts-in-apc/

lalasticlala

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by melonsgroup: 6:53am On Jun 25, 2022
K
Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by 9jii(m): 6:55am On Jun 25, 2022
Even without VP Tinubu has already won this coming election.
Obi with atiku and Kwankwaso as VPs can't win any election in this country. We all know why.

56 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 25, 2022
This man will be worst than Buhari

171 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Frigga13: 6:56am On Jun 25, 2022
Tinubu is a confused druggie .. after planning everything and seeing future .. to pick Vice Na problem

We beg him to fly a Muslim Muslim ticket ...

Obi too should fly a Christian Christian ticket

Power to the people
PDP!!

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Quest7777: 6:59am On Jun 25, 2022
Adventures of the pee-poo's president... cool

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by SadiqBabaSani: 6:59am On Jun 25, 2022
Tinubu is now stronger than a seating President.

Bubu na wah

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by lathrowinger: 7:01am On Jun 25, 2022
Frigga13:
Tinubu is a confused druggie .. after planning everything and seeing future .. to pick Vice Na problem

We beg him to fly a Muslim Muslim ticket ...

Obi too should fly a Christian Christian ticket

Power to the people
PDP!!

He already, and he will million times without regret, which is the best.

They are dragging to be his slave, wow.

This ASIWAJU get levels angry

181 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by money121(m): 7:02am On Jun 25, 2022
Ok
Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by galaxy2020(m): 7:02am On Jun 25, 2022
WE PRAY SO.....
Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Frigga13: 7:07am On Jun 25, 2022
lathrowinger:

He already, and he will million times without regret, which is the best.

They are dragging to be his slave, wow.

This ASIWAJU get levels angry

North can never be slave to a Yoruba god .. not even in oduduwA dreams

Born slaves remain slaves forever

That’s reality ..
Not just typing .

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Totilopussylick(m): 7:09am On Jun 25, 2022
Frigga13:

North can never be slave to a Yoruba god .. not even in oduduwA dreams

Born slaves remain slaves forever

That’s reality ..
Not just typing .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Frigga13: 7:12am On Jun 25, 2022
lathrowinger:

I don't reply terrorist, but you where lucky today.

Unknown gunmen go kill u last last. Since you are part of them

k
Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by KEVIND: 7:12am On Jun 25, 2022
PETER OBI IS NOT YOUR PAINS!

The families of Abuja-Kaduna train attack are not interested in Peter Obi's lies. They are looking for money to pay ransome for their loved ones' release.

The aggrieved families of Nigerians killed by Bandits in Kaduna, Kastina, Niger, Zamfara are not interested in Peter Obi's campaign. They think of govt that failed them.

Buhari's family don't care about Peter Obi's lies because in the last 7 years, they lived the best life can offer. Till today, nothing is telling us how Yusuf acquired his multi-million Naira bike.

When you get to the market, present to them Peter Obi's lies so that the prices of goods reduce. Inflation has nothing to do with Peter Obi's political ambitions.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Totilopussylick(m): 7:13am On Jun 25, 2022
9jii:
Even without VP Tinubu has already won this coming election.
Obi with atiku and Kwankwaso as VPs can't win any election in this country. We all know why.

Because Nigeria politics don't follow due processes.

To come out and vote is just an exercises for Nigerians that are already a slave to the slave masters.

This time their plans to install Tinubu on Nigerians will not work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by KEVIND: 7:18am On Jun 25, 2022
PETER OBI IS FAKE.
He has been the minister of petroleum since 2015 and NNPC is the most profitable petrochemical industry in the world far ahead of Saudi Aramco.

Pete Obi is fake.
He took over the leadership of Nigeria with N200 to $1. Today Naira has appreciated to N620 to $1. Since 2015, Nigeria has not experienced recession.

Peter Obi is fake.
In 7 years, he runs the most incorruptible government in the world. No single corruption allegation against any govt official - babachir lawal, Buratai, Ahmed Idris

Peter Obi is fake.
North East and North West are the safest places in Nigeria. Kastina has become a tourist haven. No insurgents.

Peter Obi is so fake.
He has resolved ASUU demands and put an end to strike actions. Nigerian universities never embarked on strike action since 1983.

Peter Obi is so fake.
He pulled 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in 5 years. Yes, you heard me.
In 2015, a loaf of bread was N300. Today is N80, Petrol was N85 now N50. He settled all our foreign debts. We now have the highest foreign reserve in the world.
Peter Obi Mismanagement of Nigeria

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by sosanova: 7:55am On Jun 25, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Confused man
He is scared of the APC Northern Governors
This same Masari that can't even win his local Government not to talk of 1 state in the North

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Searchingvictor: 7:55am On Jun 25, 2022
Ahhhh
This is not right now and why use Muslim Muslim ticket for the election this is not right Christians have been sidelined.

Will Senate president and Speaker of the House of Representatives be Christian Christian also?

Somebody should lend me 60k please, I'll pay back in 20k/month for 4 months. I swear, please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 25, 2022
Has no choice.

Bubu's voter bank probably won't agree for a Northern minority..whatever the religion....so, to calm them down, he has to choose someone from far Nawth.

At the end, the Middle Belt is where the battle is at. So, let them fight it out.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:55am On Jun 25, 2022
I don't care who he picks, the koko is that he's a thief and his supporters offline and online are hungry

Their sufferings is yet to show face..

My own is better warn all the yoloba Muslims,tinubu urchins, APC riff raff,PDP losers to stop cyberbullying me.

Let me comment my comment in peace..

Don't bring out the Russia in me,I will retaliated words for words,propaganda for propaganda.

I still like Nigeria go their separate ways though

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Triangles1(m): 7:55am On Jun 25, 2022
Wrong decision, Muslim Muslim is the beginning of falling for APC, who does that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Gkemz: 7:56am On Jun 25, 2022
If he likes let him settle with El rufai. He'll never be the president with his Muslim Muslim presidential ambition. Notwithstanding that Buhari chose a christian as his vice, the christians in the country are being persecuted, how much more when two corrupt muslims rule.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by doggedfighter(f): 7:56am On Jun 25, 2022
Is that Tinubu and the said Masari up there ?

If that's the picture, why's Masari looking confused and scared?

And Tinubu looking like a court jester.

Their look up there is

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by whytediamond(m): 7:56am On Jun 25, 2022
See as them be. I sorry for Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 25, 2022
grin all the best o
Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 25, 2022
If he was Somewhat wise he would pick Amaechi. Nothing good can ever come from APC either way. Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by princepee: 7:57am On Jun 25, 2022
:oi Moslem Moslem ticket
Kolewek!
Anyway let them bring it on.

At the end we will all be Obident!
Real change is coming.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by doctore212(m): 7:57am On Jun 25, 2022
How can Jane be telling me to pay ten thousand for all night knackings.

Something wey I dey give Aisha Gala and Lacacera for my base.

Na to go buy tetmosol soap help myself . I go still get change
Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 25, 2022
AlphaAlex:
If he was Somewhat wise he would pick Amaechi. Nothing good can ever come from APC either way. Tufiakwa

And lose the far north to Atiku and Kwankwaso.
Re: Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC by kenzysmith: 7:57am On Jun 25, 2022
If he try am kiss the presidency good by I repeat No Christain would vote for Muslim Muslim ticket. allow osinbanjo or Ameachi rule baba say no na him turn na he is now on a cross road. So for the past 8years u never had a northern Christian in mind? Ogaooooo

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Obi, Obasanjo, And Tinubu All Have To Say About Atiku (Video) / Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone / Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.