Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River (30902 Views)

Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) / FG Suspends 260km Super Highway Project Of Governor Ben Ayade Of Cross River / Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by afroniger: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/buhari-flags-off-highway-project-in-cross-river/

•Condoles Mecca crane crash victims’ families

From Judex Okoro, Calabar

President Muhammadu Buhari will on Monday, September 21, perform the ground breaking ceremony for the construction of a 260km super highway in Cross River State.
Governor Ben Ayade had, on May 29, while being sworn in, promised a super highway and the Calabar deep sea port as two signature projects.
The highway, which will run from Calabar through Ikom to Obudu and terminate at Benue State, is expected to ease transportation difficulties faced by motorists and travellers alike.
In a statement signed by The Special Assistant on Media/Chief Press Secretary to Governor, Mr. Christian Ita, said on completion, the super highway would serve as the evacuation route for the seaport.
Ita stated that the major geo-technical studies have been carried out on the other signature project , the Bakassi Deep Seaport.‎
He said the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, conveyed the President’s acceptance to perform the ceremony in a letter to the governor.

The letter read: “I write to inform you that President Muhammadu Buhari, has acceded to your request. Mr. President will perform the ground breaking of the 240km Super Highway dual carriage road from Calabar to Northern Nigeria.”

When completed, the road will reduce travel time from Calabar to Obudu Ranch Resort from six to two hours.

Meanwhile, the President has extended his heartfelt condolences to the families, relations and friends of the Nigerian victims of the crane accident in Mecca on Friday which claimed many lives. He commiserated with the governments and people of Kaduna, Katsina and Gombe states from which pilgrims who lost their lives came from.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by madridguy(m): 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
Please keep them in your sincerest duas. May Almighty Allaah grant them Jannatul Firdaws. May He grant their family ease and steadfastness and allow them to be reunited in a better place in life after. Aameen.

Roheemohu Lahu tahala ajmohin.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Hawlahscho(m): 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
kk
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by midehi2(f): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
able president

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by OkutaNla: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
Great news. About time a decent road is built to cut down the time it takes to travel from Calabar to Obudu.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Imortal001: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
Na so!
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by omenka(m): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
God!! I can't wait!! Finally, I'd be travelling home every other month to visit with my Grandma in Cross River.

God Bless Nigeria.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by drake22: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
omenka:
God!! I can't wait!! Finally, I'd be travelling home every other month to visit with my Grandma in Cross River.

God Bless Nigeria.

Aboki nama

36 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Sunnymatey(m): 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
I think this is another dawn of a new era as once witness in CrossRiver frm 99 to 2007. Well done Sen. Ben Ayade.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by psucc(m): 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
Buhari again!!!!!
While 260km is earmarked, his reply carries 240km.

Anyway, Ayade should be able to write his signature on the sands of time after the famous UJ Esuene.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Dejohnbull: 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
Rubish if fg cant fix less than 90km uyo-odukpani in sixteen years, how will dullard of daura fix 240km of less economy road?

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Abagworo(m): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Rubish if fg cant fix less than 90km uyo-odukpani in sixteen years, how will dullard of daura fix 240km of less economy road?

Why not wish him well than wish him failure because others failed.

101 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by sanandreas(m): 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
Good one there
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Dejohnbull: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
Abagworo:

Why not wish him well than wish him failure because others failed.
Bro sometimes our leaders lack leadership (iq) he left aba-ikotekpene-uyo-itu-calabar 160km max, with high economy values to calabar-akampa-ikom-abaomege-makurdi, with less traffic if he archives this in four years i will call him PMB

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by DelGardo: 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
An electric powered rail road would have been a more strategic investment and might even cost less in such terrain, in the longer term.
There isn't a lot wrong with the existing road, if properly maintained a significant part of the objectives will still be achievable.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by asha80(m): 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
DelGardo:
An electric powered rail road would have been a more strategic investment and might even cost less in such terrain, in the longer term.
There isn't a lot wrong with the existing road, if properly maintained a significant part of the objectives will still be achievable.
do you live in Nigeria?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Abagworo(m): 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Bro sometimes our leaders lack leadership (iq) he left aba-ikotekpene-uyo-itu-calabar 160km max, with high economy values to calabar-akampa-ikom-abaomege-makurdi, with less traffic if he archives this in four years i will call him PMB

This highway promised by FG is the highway I've been writing about that killed Tinapa and Obudu. You can drive on a smooth road from Uyo to Itu.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by DelGardo: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
asha80:
do you live in Nigeria?

Yes. Why do you ask?
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by asha80(m): 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
DelGardo:

Yes. Why do you ask?
your suggestion is outrageous in the present Nigerian situation

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Bevista: 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
Is this a State or Federal government project?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by DelGardo: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
asha80:
your suggestion is outrageous in the present Nigerian situation

I can relate with your reaction but where has the of building poor quality roads got us? With the Kaduna/Abuja rail line and the Lagos project our leaders should embrace greater possibilities, which will help us rise above primordial thinking... if we must catch up with the rest of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by jmichlins(m): 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
Meanwhile some people still have enough time to wail and lament while your supposed oga dem dey beg make my presido to come break ground for them. Continue wailing please

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Dejohnbull: 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
Abagworo:

This highway promised by FG is the highway I've been writing about that killed Tinapa and Obudu. You can drive on a smooth road from Uyo to Itu.
True talk the raod is a big blow to obudu ranch and tinapa, on driving smooth road from abak-uyo-itu, the blessing goes to Godswill akpabio. Liyel imoke fail to duallize tinapa junction to odukpani' just like that
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Soneh(m): 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
I PRAY THIS PROMISE IS FULFILLED I CAN'T JUST IMAGINE SPENDING FOURTEEN HOURS JUST TO TRAVEL FROM JOS TO CAL DUE TO THE BAD ROAD ,ONE OF THE MAJOR REASONS I HATE GOING HOME FOR HOLDAYS

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by oluspencer(m): 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2015
omenka:

God Bless Nigeria.

God bless buhari

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by youngwarlocks: 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by DeKen: 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hmm. Cross River with Bakassi Deep Sea Port and Akwa Ibom with Ibaka Deep Sea Port. Hope this won't be a source for another strife.
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Iamsolslim(m): 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
Now a way to missing land...... Good tho
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Aitee1: 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
Okay...i guess it time to visit obudu cattle ranch again grin grin

But what of ik-calabar itu high way
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dejohnbull:
may thunderstorm strike your fingers

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by Phoenix001(m): 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
Good development
Re: Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River by seunleke1: 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
Babatunde Raji Fashola (BRF) is still a Hero to me!
http://seunayilara..com.ng/2015/09/babatunde-raji-fashola-brf-is-still.html

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) / 7,000 APC Members Decamp To PDP / Uche Nwosu Reacts To Defection Of Iheanacho Ihim, His Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.