Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers (1414 Views)

Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? / Is The Bible Meant To Teach Us Our Faith? / Let Us Profess Our Faith. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers by yommyuk: 7:23am On Jul 24, 2011
Jesus said the gates of Hell will not be able to prevail against the Body of Christ. Satan is not going to win this battle, but he's at work by trying to undermine the truth of the Gospel in the churches all over the world.

How do you detect false teachers?

IDENTIFY THEM BY THEIR MESSAGE.

Deception

Ephesians 5:6
Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him. Don't participate in the things these people do. For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light.

Some teachers speak what people want to hear rather than calling people to live according to God's Will. They claim the Grace of God abounds. This saying is partly true, but must be discouraged. We know that when we ask for the forgiveness of sins, God forgives. However as a business is obligated to provide books of Account periodically, likewise all humans beings will be called to account for the life they have lived. On the debit side, you will have your sins recorded (which is what you owe) and on the credit side you will have the godly life you have lived recorded (I call it money in the bank to offset against sin). At a certain period in your life, yours books will be called upon. If you credits outweigh your debits, you will get your just reward and vice versa.

So therefore, any teacher or Man of God, who turns a blind eye on despicable ways of living, is not doing the WILL OF GOD, and such is a false teacher.

Denial of the truth

There is freedom in knowing the truth. Thank God that the bible is freely available. Unlike the olden days or in some countries, whereby carrying the bible can lead to the death penalty. Hallelujah to that. cheesy

2 Peter 2:1 stated clearly "But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In that way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves.

Hmmmm

Apostle Peter uses past and future tense in the above scripture, hence revealing to us that "False Teaching" has always been around and will continue to be. So don't be surprised that the world is full of 'THEM'.

These false teachers downgrade Christ when they preach. They speak more about worldly gains. Encourage people to focus more on worldly things, and less on heavenly things. But one thing is for sure; our living on earth is temporal, while Heaven is our eternal Home. It is up to you, the believer to choose which Home you are willing to invest more into. But remember, what is the point of gaining the world and losing your soul.

Any Man of God who directly or indirectly encourages his followers to focus more on worldly gains is a false teacher. He is denying people the truth.

A worrying trend that is evident in the so called church today,

2 Peter 2:2
Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers the way of the truth will be slandered.

They start living a life beyond their followers’ wildest dreams. I call it the spirit of "entrapment”, "setup", "sting" and "snare".

"Come live the good life" they say. Then what happens?

2 Peter 2:3
"In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money,   

Brethren, wake up and smell the morning coffee.

Sensuality

These false teachers are very good at interpreting Scriptures so they are permissive. Anything goes. As long as you bring money to the coffer, you are alright. These so called "men of gods" are good at building their followers on the outside while leaving them empty on the inside. When a trial shows up in the lives of these men and women, because they have nothing on the inside, they crumble and the devil has them for dinner.

Apostle Peters warns in 2 Peter 2:17

"These people are as useless as dried up springs or a mist blown away by the wind. They are doomed to blackest darkness"

May this not be our portion in Jesus name -- Amen

A message that does not stir up your spirit from the inside should be identified and the provider of such message should be marked. I am not talking about a message that hypes. That only stirs up your sensual organs. I am talking about that message that will make you give up your soul. It is like fire that burns up a wood (your spirit). Messages that will make you surrender your life and will to God. A message that will make you become like a tree planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season (winning souls for Christ, Working for the Kingdom, Promoting the kingdom).

Hallelujah!

Identify them by the people who follow them

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word of God. Be prepared whether the time is favourable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching

Are u or someone you know living a life that the Lord Abhors? A life that is not conversant with the Word of God? The above says point it out to yourself or the person patiently and wisely. There are times to correct, rebuke and encourage. But ultimately, it is to God that WE will give account.

All these so called men of God associating with some politicians who are out rightly corrupt. What comes to my mind is "are they the birds of the same feather?" or "on what basis do they relate with each other?” Imagine if all preachers speak up against the evil these African politicians commit, I am sure hell will break loose and some will turn from their evil ways.

But what do we get. A corrupt governor made a chairperson in the grand opening of a church. God help us all.

Any preacher or Man of God who refuses to speak up against the evil people do is FALSE and a Collaborator with the DEVIL.

HOW DO YOU PROTECT YOURSELF FROM FALSE TEACHERS?

Simple

[list]
[li]Study and know the Word of God. [/li]
[li]Refute false doctrine [/li]
[/list]

That is why it is very important for a Christian to have a personal relationship with the God we serve. PERSONAL (1 to 1)

1 Peter 3:15
Instead you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.

"Christian Hope" cool

Without Christ, No HOPE embarassed

Be on the ALERT for false doctrine

2 Peter 3:17-18

I am warning you ahead of time, dear friends. Be on guard so that you will not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people and lose your own secure footing. RATHER, "U" must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ. All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen.

It is "YOUR" spiritual duty and task to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ. As you have the sole right to decide what will go into your immune system, like wise you have the freewill to choose and accept the Gospel of Christ into your life. As too much sugar, salt and fatty foods can be harmful to the body, so false teaching can be damaging to the spirit and soul of an individual. What will make a man tie a bomb around his waist and blow himself and others up? FALSE TEACHING!

CONCLUSION

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from DEMONS.

The bible has clearly warned us that we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies, is telling us again that it is Demons that are promoting false teachings within the Church. Angels of darkness parading as angels of light.

So therefore, Brothers and Sisters, "Put on salvation as your helmet and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

Psalm 118:22-23, 26-29

"The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone.
This is the Lord's doing, and it is wonderful to see."

"Bless the one who comes in the name of the Lord. We bless you from the house of the Lord.
The Lord is God, shinning upon us. Take the sacrifice and bind it with cords on the altar."

"You are my God, and I will praise you!
You are my God, and I will exalt you!

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is GOOD!
His faithful love endures forever.

STAND FIRM!
God bless wink
Re: Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers by Sweetnecta: 11:14am On Jul 24, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^ you should be ashamed to quote from anything other than new testament. you dont believe in jewish books for the jews [i am making fun of this guy because he does not know that jesus was asked to direct only the jews to Moses, again].

you said David was an adulterer and a husband of his lover's killer. yet you can't stop quoting his Psalm. how honest are you of your accusation and or your being sure that Jesus is the only answer?
Re: Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers by yommyuk: 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^ you should be ashamed to quote from anything other than new testament. you dont believe in jewish books for the jews [i am making fun of this guy because he does not know that jesus was asked to direct only the jews to Moses, again].

you said David was an adulterer and a husband of his lover's killer. yet you can't stop quoting his Psalm. how honest are you of your accusation and or your being sure that Jesus is the only answer?

Are u on drugs or are you reading the koran upside down angry
Jesus Christ took shame away from me on the cross at calvary.
Have u not got it in your thick head that the God we serve is a merciful God who forgives sins. Yes, David was an adulterer who was later forgiven after he acknowledged and repented of his sins. Unlike the god u serve who will would have stoned him to death.

My bible tells me that King David was a person who was after the heart of God. Unlike your god and croonies who go around killing and creating terror on anything that is not islamic.
And you have the guts to come here and accuse King David, when its is your brothers and sisters in BOKO HARAM are the ones SATAN is using in the world right now. What are you doing about that.

I Say shame on you too for ignoring the evil your brethern are doing and poking your nose in king David history. King David has already made heaven dude. What about you.

I put it to you once more, NO CHRIST, NO LIFE BUT HELL FIRE BRIM! BRIM! BRIM! BRIM! on that your head grin cool angry
Re: Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers by Enigma(m): 7:48am On Jul 25, 2011
yommyuk:

Jesus said the gates of Hell will not be able to prevail against the Body of Christ. Satan is not going to win this battle, but he's at work by trying to undermine the truth of the Gospel in the churches all over the world.

How do you detect false teachers?

IDENTIFY THEM BY THEIR MESSAGE.

Deception
. . . Some teachers speak what people want to hear rather than calling people to live according to God's Will. They claim the Grace of God abounds. This saying is partly true, but must be discouraged.

I agree with this though I won't use "must be discouraged"; I would say "must not be abused". I understand though why you use that language --- especially if you are familiar with the posts of the Chris Embassy people here who seem to be some of the biggest abusers of the passage.

yommyuk:
Denial of the truth . . . .

These false teachers downgrade Christ when they preach. They speak more about worldly gains. Encourage people to focus more on worldly things, and less on heavenly things. But one thing is for sure; our living on earth is temporal, while Heaven is our eternal Home. It is up to you, the believer to choose which Home you are willing to invest more into. But remember, what is the point of gaining the world and losing your soul.

Any Man of God who directly or indirectly encourages his followers to focus more on worldly gains is a false teacher. He is denying people the truth.

A worrying trend that is evident in the so called church today,

Maybe it's just my way of seeing things but it seems that, while this post has application for all of us, the Spirit is using you to warn the Chris Embassy people in particular!

They are the ones who say Jesus' words and teachings are not applicable because "Jesus did not function in the New Testament"; they are the ones who see Jesus, in His time on earth, as just a man; they are the ones who elevate themselves to the same or even higher status as/than Jesus. They are the ones (along with other prosperity "gospel" people) who focus on material things especially money money money and deceive people by saying that in order to prosper a person must give and give and give to the pastor; a person must "sow into the life" of the pastor.

yommyuk:
2 Peter 2:2
Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers the way of the truth will be slandered.

They start living a life beyond their followers’ wildest dreams. I call it the spirit of "entrapment”, "setup", "sting" and "snare".

"Come live the good life" they say. Then what happens?

2 Peter 2:3
"In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money,   

Brethren, wake up and smell the morning coffee.

If only indeed they would wake up; instead they see these things as a sign of God's "blessing" on the m-industry, erm erm, "ministry".

I think I should just leave the rest for now, jare!
Re: Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers by yommyuk: 11:25pm On Jul 26, 2011
@Enigma,

I don't like mentioning church names because generalizing is not my thing.

No matter what you say about CEC, there are still some positives coming out of it.

It is just like CELE, if I want to go by what happens within it's wall, becoming a muslim may sound like a good idea. I frist knew about CEC thru a congolese, a christian to the core. I learnt some very good christian values from him. The only issue I have with them is the way they have elevated BROS CHRIS, but the bottomline is[b] Jesus is being preached[/b].
Re: Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers by Joagbajee: 6:35am On Nov 06, 2011
Re: Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers by yommyuk: 11:25pm On Nov 07, 2011
Surely a man of God. cool
Re: Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers by Joagbaje(m): 12:18am On Nov 08, 2011
^^^^
I wanted to get your attention cool.
Re: Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers by yommyuk: 12:58am On Nov 08, 2011
I know!

Recently, I haven't been able to post much on NL like before. I have been very busy doing Kingdom work.
I can see that you have been facing a lot of criticism from the usual suspects. However I know where u coming from bro.
I may not agree totally with u, but the bottomline is that, you have a HEART for Christ and that is what matters.

Keep up the good work. As long as Christ is what u preach bro, I am all ears. cool
Re: Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers by Joagbaje(m): 5:49am On Nov 08, 2011
yommyuk:

Recently, I haven't been able to post much on NL like before. I have been very busy doing Kingdom work.
I can see that you have been facing a lot of criticism from the usual suspects.

But They are bread for me. Its ordained to happen. We are ordained to bear his reproach. .

Hebrews 13:13
13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. . ,

I may not agree totally with u, but the bottomline is that, you have a HEART for Christ and that is what matters.
Keep up the good work. As long as Christ is what u preach bro, I am all ears. cool

There are hundreds of differences in understanding ,doctrines and belief. But It's narrowing into unity of faith as the day appraches ,the holy spirit is taking away from the churches from things that are not of him gradually in every denomination.

Ephesians 4:13
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Re: Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers by yommyuk: 11:23pm On Nov 08, 2011
Ephesians 4:13
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

I implore all christians to include the above in their daily prayers. cool

(1) (Reply)

Petition To Seun For The Creation Of Christian And Shia Islam Forums / Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? / Most Widely Circulated Magazine In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.