Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,313 members, 7,822,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years (4760 Views)

Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents / Robert Mugabe - Nigerian Witch Doctors Planned To Kill Me / Women-only City Planned For Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by eghost247(m): 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2011
The dude is just sick end of story
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by UpDates1(m): 6:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
psycopath
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by vickynet39(m): 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
shocked This guy need to be killed no mercy
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by KoikiM: 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2011
Can you imagine? This guy was only jailed for 8 weeks. I weep!!!

Can some please post this?

http://www.norwaypost.no/news/terrorist-suspect-jailed-for-8-weeks-25493.html
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by rockelx: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2011
I can't imagine this 8weeks i think norway judicary system is aiding crime
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by Rgp92: 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2011
when a white person massacre and bomb some places, people start calling the person for being psycopath, but when a muslim do it, then it is terrorist Why is that?
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by boyt1: 7:39pm On Jul 25, 2011
This Guy's Action has spark of hatred  on Immigrants, Multi-Culturalism, especially Muslims.
I hope his idea will not spread like wide fire in all the Western countries, especially among  White Youths to unleash war on Immigrants, it might be against black race tomorrow.
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by maasoap(m): 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2011
Whatever name you like (crazy, psycho, mad, sick) give him, the guy still remains a terrorist that killed over 100 people mostly children in the name of Christ.
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by anataala: 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2011
Thank God is not a Muslim
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2011
@ALL
he was jail for 8 weeks UNTIL THE DAY OF TRIAL, because he could have been bailed and walk free until the day of the trial. this man is going to spend at least 20Yrs in jail, he knows that and the judge knows it too. let there be no mistake about that!

as for the fact that his father was a diplomat, it reminded me of Muttalab, who also came from a well off family! whats wrong with these kids?!
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by kandiikane(m): 2:06am On Jul 26, 2011
I see people have already started diagnosing the man as a schizo. . SMH
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by MadDog1(m): 2:14am On Jul 26, 2011
boy t:

This Guy's Action has spark of hatred on Immigrants, Multi-Culturalism, especially Muslims.
I hope his idea will not spread like wide fire in all the Western countries, especially among White Youths to unleash war on Immigrants, it might be against black race tomorrow.
it seems you know my mind!!

i careless! nobody gonna touch me in my land tongue
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by tpia5: 3:58am On Jul 26, 2011
govts in poorer countries need to start doing something both culturally and infrastructurally to alleviate the plight of the common man.

people will stop fleeing if they have jobs and opportunities in their own countries. And it will stem the flow of emigration as well.

this type of rampage was too deadly.

May God help us.
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by coolcash4l(m): 7:59am On Jul 26, 2011
I think the guy just take law into his hands,
MRbrownJAY:

why would you think FOR ONE MINUTE that i was a Muslim? so are you claiming that if I state that something a Muslim did is right, i should automatically be one?! duh!!!

i dont care a minute about the Holy Q ran just like i dont give a damn about the bible here. Libya has laws, if anyone wants to challenge these laws then they can do it the LEGAL way. if its ok for anyone to take the matter into their own hands to change the laws of ONE country, then what this Norwegian guy did is just the same!

what about the holocaust in Darfur that has been going on for YEARS, or the holocaust in Congo which is still happening RIGHT NOW?! wake up poor soul!

i am still trying to understand how you could make this issue a religious one?! beats me.

i dont have hatred for america, i just have a brain to understand whats going on all around the world. what kind of hypocrite claims Holocaust where there is abundance of oil yet seems to be blind of the REAL HOLOCAUSTS happening everywhere else?!
pls if you have nothing intelligent to say on the subject, you best keep quiet.
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by Ojumiii(m): 8:04am On Jul 26, 2011
I wish God had created Muslim and Christians on distinct planet entirely

How I wish!

GOD think differently and HE has purpose for everything and everyone
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by chakula: 8:36am On Jul 26, 2011
Can't witness a meaningful post right from the beginning of the thread, apart from the tpia's own very observant and considerate indeed.

tpia@:

govts in poorer countries need to start doing something both culturally and infrastructurally to alleviate the plight of the common man.

people will stop fleeing if they have jobs and opportunities in their own countries. And it will stem the flow of emigration as well.

this type of rampage was too deadly.

May God help us.

Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by atasteve: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2011
hummm, pls Lord renew the hearts of men.
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by Kgdavid(m): 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

this man is a lot of things but crazy, he is not!!! he wanted to get the attention of the government about some issues and decided to do something extreme to get it.

yes sadly a lot of innocent people died in the process BUT what he did is no different than the innocent people who die in wars all around the world.

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE: if you compare HIS actions with that of the US gov. then there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE.
the US gov. doesnt like the policies of Libya so they go to Libya and kills thousands of innocent people, in the name of "needed JUSTICE".
where is the difference?! did their actions solve the problem? NOPE!!!
there are LAWS in place but these people (US gov/Anders Behring) decided to take the law into their own hands.

such disappointing logic and reasoning. you deliberately even twist the truth to suit the nonsense you're spouting.

1. the U.S govt did not go to libya. N.A.T.O went to libya backed by the U.N, the Arab League and [i]Libyans[/i] themselves
2. the intention of the N.A.T.O forces was never to target civilians whereas this man deliberately targeted civilians
3. he decided on his own to carry out his action but N.A.T.O were begged repeatedly to intervene
4. can you really not see a difference between intervening in impending genocide and killing people merely to prove a point??
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^^lol, i was wondering when these people would show up:

Kgdavid:

1. the U.S govt did not go to libya. N.A.T.O went to libya backed by the U.N, the Arab League and  [i]Libyans[/i] themselves

let me school you for a minute. . . . . . . .  NATO was created to protect ITS members, meaning an attack on a NATO member, is an attack on all its members. care to show me when did quaddafi attack a NATO member for Nato or anyone else to get involved?!
NO NATO member state was attacked therefore there is ABSOLUTELY NO NATO mandate to force member states to go to war in Libya.

as for the UN mandate which enforces a NO FLY ZONE to protect civilians, fair enough. . . . . . . .  so now that qaddafi's troops aint using the airspace, why are foreign troops STILL attacking Qaddafi's troops on the ground?!
its very clear that this attack on libya is simply to get rid of Qaddafi and control this oil rich country by putting a puppet gov in place that THEY can control aka Irak, Afgahnistan etc

2. the intention of the N.A.T.O forces was never to target civilians whereas this man deliberately targeted civilians

its called COLLATERAL DAMAGE, read about it.

3. he decided on his own to carry out his action but N.A.T.O were begged repeatedly to intervene

as i pointed out to you, the NATO involvement is illegal, but hey, if begging repeatedly is what is needed to have NATO and the whole world intervene then why arent they doing anything when begged to intervene in the Congo, Ivory Coast, Darfur and so forth? damn hypocrisy!!!!

Qaddafi was elected BY THE PEOPLE, if a few Libyans dont like it then they can complain through the legal ways. if YOU think its ok for a minor few Libyans to take arms (helped by NATO/US and so forth) and kills anyone who support the Libyan government THEN you shouldnt frown when a disgruntled Norwegian man, who is against the government, takes arms and kill people at the ruling party summer fest. NO DIFFERENCE HERE!!!

4. can you really not see a difference between intervening in impending genocide and killing people merely to prove a point??

funny how you are quick to call whats going on in Libya a genocide and that its imperative that people intervene while genocides are happening AS WE SPEAK, but they are not "as important".

isnt the attack and killings in Libya TO PROVE A POINT?! if it isnt, pls tell me what is the reason for the attack on Libya and not in Congo/Saudia Arabia/Yemen/Darfur etc?
the point is very simple: they will do what it takes to control any oil enriched nation and secure their interests around the world aka $15Billions worth of BP oil !!!
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by kandiikane(m): 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2011
Whilst you guys are having your debate just want to remind you that genocide means ethnic, racial, religious cleansing basically just in case you make a mistake along the way. . Continue. .
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^ i think the guy wanted to say POLITICIDE.
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2011
i downloaded the manifesto and read it for myself,is the guy crazy "Hell No", his research was staunch Anti_Islam and Anti_Multiculturalism,i have to say its a shame his views pushed him to the extreme,he even stated that his act was gruesome but a necessary action.reading the books i could conclude many of his valid points which he raised however the killing was just unnecessary, to him the killing was a wakeup call to the masses.he compared himself to a "Justicar Knight",becareful while reading it because reading the manifesto will plant some insane ideology into your mind.but as daring as his move was his research was very superb too sad it required him to shed blood of innocent people.
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by ss007: 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2011
To "Islamrules": Ur views are always devoid of any logical meaning. When u have nothing meaningful to say, must u still say something? Haba!
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by ThessA: 7:28am On Jul 27, 2011
It was really a horrible incident. Many people were died on that day. He surrendered after the attacks and is now in police custody. The suspect says his purpose was to notify Europe of an imminent Muslim takeover. I read this here: Norway massacre suspect wants to be heard.
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2011
pc guru:

i downloaded the manifesto and read it for myself,is the guy crazy "Hell No", his research was staunch Anti_Islam and Anti_Multiculturalism,i have to say its a shame his views pushed him to the extreme,he even stated that his act was gruesome but a necessary action.reading the books i could conclude many of his valid points which he raised however the killing was just unnecessary, to him the killing was a wakeup call to the masses.he compared himself to a "Justicar Knight",becareful while reading it because reading the manifesto will plant some insane ideology into your mind.but as daring as his move was his research was very superb too sad it required him to shed blood of innocent people.

THANK YOU!!!!
as i said in my first post, this guy is many things, but CRAZY he is not!
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by kandiikane(m): 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2011
His lawyer wants to use the insanity route but I hope they analyse the guy intensely to prove he isn't.
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by Kgdavid(m): 1:21pm On Jul 28, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^ i think the guy wanted to say POLITICIDE.

oh dear, are you saying you really dont know that the members of the opposition who were being killed by gaddafis forces were mostly of a particula tribe? watch the news plz.

you see i was expecting you to do just wat you did, take a few simple points and tun them into completely differnt issues entirely because ur initial points were absolute nonsense.

you said wat this man did is no different from wat america is doing in libya,

i pointed out that it is NATO in libya not the U.S and you began rambling about the origin of N.A.T.O, point still stands that the comparison you made was total rubbish.

2. its called collateral damage. duh, thus rendering ur point all the more obsolete. its one thing to target people and its quite another for people to be caught up quite by accident in the acts of conventional warfare, is it not? compare the civilians casualties from N.A.T.O s entire Libya campaign and the casualties from one single act by this man, geddit?

3. why is it that you people are so incorrigible? darn conspiracy theorists! democracy is all about the will of the people is it not? every day the rebels request for more support so obviously he masses are in support of N.A.T.O action, now tell me, were/are the masses in support of the act of terrorism comitted b this man?
you say its not ok for a disgruntled few to take up arms and kill people, do i need to point out wat an obvious and lousy distortion of the truth that is?? are you ignorant or just bent on telling lies?? this revolt is a popular one with even armed forces officers defecting to the rebel! btw wat exactly would be the legal means to protest when your own government is killing you?
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^^i weep for people like you who are quick to bring on the democracy card but yet fail to see the reality of life. . . . . . but hey, are people in Libya killed because of their ETHNIC GROUP or because of their POLITICAL AFFILIATION?! use what you have between your ears. . . . . . . . . . .

FIRST
what's happening in Libya is ILLEGAL in the eyes of INTERNATIONAL LAW. you CAN go in and support a country that has been attacked by another country BUT YOU CANNOT go in and support rebel insurrection to support ONE side over the other. ITS ILLEGAL!!!!

if it was that easy then what stops Iran/Syria from arming Boko Haram AND invading Nigeria to fight the Gov. DUH!!!!

who suddenly made NATO/UN/US/EUROPE judge and jury that they can decide that Yemen/Bahrain/Saudia Arabia can kill its people in the name of keeping the peace BUT Libya cant?!

SECOND
if anyone wants to get rid of dictators around the world and restore "so called DEMOCRACY" then why dont they start with SAUDIA ARABIA/NORTH KOREA etc?!

THIRD
- when the Yemeni protesters went to the streets and the Yemen gov. shot at UNARMED civilians and massacred them, the US/France gov helped and supported the YEMENI GOV. where was democracy THEN?
- when Bahrani protesters went to the streets and the Bahrain gov. shot and butchered unarmed civilians, the US gov. directly organized for 2000 saudis to come and help the Bahrain gov. which continued SHOOTING AT UNARMED CIVILIANS. where is your democracy THEN?
- when the Palestinian population went to vote and elected HAMAS as their chosen gov., and Israel and all others decided NOT to accept the DEMOCRATIC WILL OF THE PALESTINIANS, and Israel went into terror attacks killings gazillions of Palestinians, where was democracy THEN?

FOURTH
this attack on Libya is about the control of OIL.
some few Arab countries are now opening their eyes and understanding that instead of filling the pockets of BP/SHELL etc, they'd rather do what Chavez and Morales are doing: USING THE PETROL MONEY FOR SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT!!!! but hey, i am sure you would rather that Libya follow Saudia Arabia and using petrol money to build luxury towers where the common Saudis will never be able to afford to live in.

FIFTH
its all the same propaganda MEDIA LIES that comes out before any of these hypocrite wars:
Vietnam war: they said that 2 Vietnamese boats attacked US boats, but it was later confirmed that it was a MEDIA LIE.
Irak war: they said that they had weapon of mass destruction and that Saddam Hussein was helping Al Qaeda, but it was later confirmed that it was all a MEDIA LIE.
Yougoslavia war: they said there was a genocide in Kosovo but it was later confirmed that it was a MEDIA LIE.
Afghansitan war: they said it was because they were aiding and harboring Al Qaeda but it was later confirmed that it was a MEDIA LIE.
Libyan war: they said that Qaddafi killed 6000 rebels, then they said 2000 then they said 200. and it will be surely confirmed in the future that this was also a MEDIA LIE.

so, if you want to remain a fool then fair enough but dont try to make ME look like you, some people have a BRAIN.

PS: as for the Norwegian dude i repeat: if anyone believes that its ok to break a country's law and kill their innocent people for their causes then what this Norwegian dude did is no different!
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2011
SMH! Seriously, some people are very naive. They have this FALSE sense of security (esp. Americans and Europeans). People still fail to realize even after both the world wars and the attacks of Pearl Harbor and the world trade center/pentagon, that these types of things take skill, planning and yes even money. LOTS of money to achieve so obviously it would take some time. Why is this news?

The signs would be as clear as day but ppl won't take heed.

For example the Oklahoma bombing that happened in the United States back in 1995 (i think) was not committed by a brown person. Nor the Columbine shooting of 1999. And both incidents involved the suspects practically making announcements about the plan but with nobody taking them serious.

The cliche notion that an angry muslim (arab) or gangster is the ideal terrorist and that we are protected is what always end up being our biggest down fall as westerners. this is why the world over was shocked to know it was a blonde man who was Norwegian himself. I am not trying to promote panic and havoc but you cannot trust anyone. At any given time someone can be and IS plotting.
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by kandiikane(m): 2:53am On Jul 29, 2011
Not every angry Muslim in the middle east is Arab. .
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by Kgdavid(m): 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^i weep for people like you who are quick to bring on the democracy card but yet fail to see the reality of life. . . . . . but hey, are people in Libya killed because of their ETHNIC GROUP or because of their POLITICAL AFFILIATION?! use what you have between your ears. . . . . . . . . . .

FIRST
what's happening in Libya is ILLEGAL in the eyes of INTERNATIONAL LAW. you CAN go in and support a country that has been attacked by another country BUT YOU CANNOT go in and support rebel insurrection to support ONE side over the other. ITS ILLEGAL!!!!

if it was that easy then what stops Iran/Syria from arming Boko Haram AND invading Nigeria to fight the Gov. DUH!!!!

who suddenly made NATO/UN/US/EUROPE judge and jury that they can decide that Yemen/Bahrain/Saudia Arabia can kill its people in the name of keeping the peace BUT Libya cant?!

SECOND
if anyone wants to get rid of dictators around the world and restore "so called DEMOCRACY" then why dont they start with SAUDIA ARABIA/NORTH KOREA etc?!

THIRD
- when the Yemeni protesters went to the streets and the Yemen gov. shot at UNARMED civilians and massacred them, the US/France gov helped and supported the YEMENI GOV. where was democracy THEN?
- when Bahrani protesters went to the streets and the Bahrain gov. shot and butchered unarmed civilians, the US gov. directly organized for 2000 saudis to come and help the Bahrain gov. which continued SHOOTING AT UNARMED CIVILIANS. where is your democracy THEN?
- when the Palestinian population went to vote and elected HAMAS as their chosen gov., and Israel and all others decided NOT to accept the DEMOCRATIC WILL OF THE PALESTINIANS, and Israel went into terror attacks killings gazillions of Palestinians, where was democracy THEN?

FOURTH
this attack on Libya is about the control of OIL.
some few Arab countries are now opening their eyes and understanding that instead of filling the pockets of BP/SHELL etc, they'd rather do what Chavez and Morales are doing: USING THE PETROL MONEY FOR SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT!!!! but hey, i am sure you would rather that Libya follow Saudia Arabia and using petrol money to build luxury towers where the common Saudis will never be able to afford to live in.

FIFTH
its all the same propaganda MEDIA LIES that comes out before any of these hypocrite wars:
Vietnam war: they said that 2 Vietnamese boats attacked US boats, but it was later confirmed that it was a MEDIA LIE.
Irak war: they said that they had weapon of mass destruction and that Saddam Hussein was helping Al Qaeda, but it was later confirmed that it was all a MEDIA LIE.
Yougoslavia war: they said there was a genocide in Kosovo but it was later confirmed that it was a MEDIA LIE.
Afghansitan war: they said it was because they were aiding and harboring Al Qaeda but it was later confirmed that it was a MEDIA LIE.
Libyan war: they said that Qaddafi killed 6000 rebels, then they said 2000 then they said 200. and it will be surely confirmed in the future that this was also a MEDIA LIE.

so, if you want to remain a fool then fair enough but dont try to make ME look like you, some people have a BRAIN.

PS: as for the Norwegian dude i repeat: if anyone believes that its ok to break a country's law and kill their innocent people for their causes then what this Norwegian dude did is no different!

quite a silly thing to say. genocide is the act/acts of killing people of a certain race/tribe, the reason why their are being killed really does not have anything to do with the fact that killing a large numbers of people from a certain tribe amounts to genocide.

1. the simple and basic fact is that you made the ridiculous statement that the U.S and this misguided chap are doing the same thing. i went on to show that there are three basic differences between the two, one the U.S aint N.A.T.O, two one has popular support and the other does not 3. its one thing to deliberate target people and quite another for people to accidentally get up in violence. wat does all your rambling have to do with any of these three? im not here to justify anyone but simply pointing out how wrong you were to justify a terrorist act on the basis of the U.S involvement with libya.

2. its really not that simple is it? ever heard of nuclear weapons? besides like i keep telling you this has nothing to do with ryt or wrong but since we're on the subject then i ask, why didnt your terrorist chap go bomb north korea since to you he and the U.S are the same? if you expect the U.S to do such and he is the same as they are tehn i guess he shuld do the same.

3. what exactly does all you said in your points three to four have to do with my three basic points?
Re: Norway Terrorist Act Planned Over 9 Years by tpia5: 3:50am On Aug 01, 2011
like a pack of dominoes, each country one by one is turning to a police state.

thanks to a dedicated army of foot soldiers of all races and nationalities who feel they are under the guise of fighting against/for one thing or another.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

That Side Of ‘dubai’ They Really Dont Want You To SEE (LOOK) / MIRACLE: ISIS About To Behead A Child, When Suddenly It Starts Raining Brains / Malia Obama Sends Acceptance Letter To Harvard.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.