Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Chimamanda Adichie's Danger Of A Single Story- How true is it? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie's Danger Of A Single Story- How true is it? (950 Views)

The Dangers Of A Single Story - How Half Of A Yellow Sun Inspires Igbos (photos) / Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story / The Dangers Of A Single Story By Chiamanda Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie's Danger Of A Single Story- How true is it? by geosegun(m): 10:01am On Jul 25, 2011
Have you listen to Chimanda Adichie's idea of a single story. the link
can be found below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ihs241zeg

Did you agree with her ideas?
Can we achieve beautiful dreams as she as portrayed ?
How can we move forward in Nigeria even in the face of negative publicity?

Our discussion on this forum may have a longway in re-writing history and creating
a beautiful paradise for ourselves.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Danger Of A Single Story- How true is it? by Greenpro: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2011
geosegun:

Have you listen to Chimanda Adichie's idea of a single story. NO
can be found below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ihs241zeg

View my profile for link to Green world Opportunity packages
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Danger Of A Single Story- How true is it? by geosegun(m): 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2011
Greenpro:

View my profile for link to Green world Opportunity packages

Then give the talk a try. you ll see what i am talking about cool cool cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Danger Of A Single Story- How true is it? by tpia5: 3:51pm On Jul 25, 2011
Synopsis?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Danger Of A Single Story- How true is it? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 25, 2011
@OP
I agree with her premise. However, there are a lot of thing consistently wrong with Africa and Nigeria especially. I hate when people quote her whenever something bad about Africa is being shown.

Take the Welcome to Lagos documentary for example. The lives of the people portrayed are that of the vast majority of Lagoshians. However, people were complaining about the program showing only one side of the city. Victoria island is not the "other side" of the city. It is more like the one small corner.

The reason Nigeria consistently gets bad publicity is because the country as a whole is still not progressing. There are bright spots in the telecom industry but for most part it is bleak. How do you even hope to have a modern economy when we cannot even produce electricity? There are bad things about India and China. Corruption is endemic for both countries and rivals any African state. In spite of this, their is overall growth and progress. You just cannot say this for most African nations.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Danger Of A Single Story- How true is it? by geosegun(m): 11:24am On Jul 26, 2011
Idehn:

@OP
I agree with her premise. However, there are a lot of thing consistently wrong with Africa and Nigeria especially. I hate when people quote her whenever something bad about Africa is being shown.

Take the Welcome to Lagos documentary for example. The lives of the people portrayed are that of the vast majority of Lagoshians. However, people were complaining about the program showing only one side of the city. Victoria island is not the "other side" of the city. It is more like the one small corner.

The reason Nigeria consistently gets bad publicity is because the country as a whole is still not progressing. There are bright spots in the telecom industry but for most part it is bleak. How do you even hope to have a modern economy when we cannot even produce electricity? There are bad things about India and China. Corruption is endemic for both countries and rivals any African state. In spite of this, their is overall growth and progress. You just cannot say this for most African nations.

I think you ave a point here anyway!!

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Cleared In Our Report-lemu / Collecting Bribe Is In My Blood * Says Dismissed Policeman / Pengassan And Nupeng Are The Saboteurs.nlc Stike Is Dead On Arrival.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.