Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier (57890 Views)

Pictures From APC Campaign Rally In Yakurr, Cross River / Pictures From APC Ward-To-Ward Campaign In Yakurr, Cross River / Emir Sanusi's Home In Awe, Nasarawa State After Dethronement (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by VladimirPutiin(m): 10:05am On Jun 30, 2022
Emerval:
stay there dey wait for major news outlets,mtcheew. Something wey be say I witness am live. As I type now,i dey the town,Nko where this happened,na just say i no wan make noise for nairaland for cheap likes.

So sorry to hear about that. I hope you’re safe ? And what is the state government doing about it ??

1 Like

Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by Bamzyriches451: 10:27am On Jun 30, 2022
Damn!!
That's my neighbouring community, many of the refugees are here in my town.

1 Like

Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by AkawuSimon115: 10:44am On Jun 30, 2022
Oh cry Cross river central
Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by FORWARDEVERLY: 1:15pm On Jun 30, 2022
Why would your people kill a soldier ??

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeewww
Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by mrkings84(m): 2:26pm On Jun 30, 2022
Quest7777:

Never heard of any village in the North that Army burnt down despite the many killings of soldiers by Boko Haram/ISWAP.

Me too I never hear o

1 Like

Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by sergeant2014: 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
For all the soldiers killed by boko haram, bandits and herdsmen, how many towns have they burnt.
Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by Reasoning(m): 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
Don't start what you cannot Finnish. Zakibyan Case in Benue State is not forgotten so soon. If you're ready for war and has declared war against the Government, like Boko Haram terrorists, it a different things. But killing a Soldier don't go without a consequences.
Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by riczy(m): 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2022
desiredhome:

So why should they kill a military personnel?
....if your person is a military personnel will you be happy that he was just killed?
like u didn't digest my msg, am nt advocating for d killings of military personnel, chief am only advising fellow nairalander!
Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by Emerval(m): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

So sorry to hear about that. I hope you’re safe ? And what is the state government doing about it ??
Thanks for ur concern. The whole thing is a long story. The main cause of the crisis is a large area of land btw Nko community in yarkurr LGA and Oyadama village in Obubra LGA. This land has been in dispute between Nko and Adun( a kingdom consisting of about 19 villages,of whom oyadama is among) for many decades. Many lives have been lost in several wars here and yet,the state govt have mum about it all along. What baffles me is the inability of the govt to spell out these boundaries which happen to be inter_Local govt. So,it all went bad when the communities started fighting last wk;an Nko youth was said to av shot a soldier during a faceoff(he didnt die there and info reaching us has it that he is still alive). To cut the long story short,the military invaded nko on sunday around 1am and were shooting at anyone on sight.They were there till yesterday.
Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by Emerval(m): 8:31pm On Jun 30, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

They burnt down houses (some with elderly men in them) and shops,looted away money and drinks. They killed people(2 were on my strt,dunno abt others) and destroyed a lot of things. We`ve been hiding in bushes for days now. Calm seem to have returned and people are gradually coming back. Wish I can take pics and upload but omo,I cant step out,I no wan hear stray bullet abeg. It shall never be well with those nigerian army officersand those who gave those orders plus all those talking trash here in nairaland!
Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by VladimirPutiin(m): 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2022
Emerval:
Thanks for ur concern. The whole thing is a long story. The main cause of the crisis is a large area of land btw Nko community in yarkurr LGA and Oyadama village in Obubra LGA. This land has been in dispute between Nko and Adun( a kingdom consisting of about 19 villages,of whom oyadama is among) for many decades. Many lives have been lost in several wars here and yet,the state govt have mum about it all along. What baffles me is the inability of the govt to spell out these
boundaries which happen to be inter_Local govt. So,it all went bad when the communities started fighting last wk;an Nko youth was said to av shot a soldier during a faceoff(he didnt die there and info reaching us has it that he is still alive). To cut the long story short,the military invaded nko on sunday around 1am and were shooting at anyone on sight.They were there till yesterday.

This is really pathetic. The Nigerian army are known to do this kind of thing many times. Same scenario played out in Odi and Zaki biam. I pray things goes back to normal at your end. Useless people only known to flex muscles at armless citizens.
Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by Emerval(m): 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

This is really pathetic. The Nigerian army are known to do this kind of thing many times. Same scenario played out in Odi and Zaki biam. I pray things goes back to normal at your end. Useless people only known to flex muscles at armless citizens.
amen bruh! May God help us in this country
Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by heendrix(m): 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2022
Chidywhite:
Shame to the military, Useless cowards, burning civilian houses, behaving like untrained soldiers. Can soldiers in developed countries act in such a barbaric manner, only in zoo country. If really they are what they claim,I challenge them to confront ISWAP and Boko Haram .

Oga there's no day they don't confront Boko Haram or Iswap and that is why both terrorist group are being dispatched to hell and they have been shifted from Borno town and sub villages and now reside at the tunbums towards the Lake Chad region but you, what have you tried confronting all ur life and is winning atm.
Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by heendrix(m): 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2022
Miracle2020:
your foolish ashawo mother didn't train to respect soldiers because she was busy fcking around like a dog. If you are one the people that killed that soldier, you deserved to be shot at close range with a GPMG. Fooooool.

I wanted to report this comment until I saw we're on the same side. lotta this ungrateful idiots don't know what it means to be a soldier. you'll just take and kill anyhow after half a year at depo. haba
Re: Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier by basseeafricana: 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
lalasticlala:
Twitter user, Soyi Hadassah, says the military burnt a town, Nko, in Cross River after youths killed a soldier.

https://twitter.com/Soyi_Hadassah/status/1541532282401570816?t=RPMfUt0gj-2HqsgKB8C_Vw&s=19

https://twitter.com/Soyi_Hadassah/status/1541736175668436994?t=hL8LUuNJUaKBuGrXN7e1oQ&s=19

Another Twitter User, Cleokommy, also narrated her own experience.

https://twitter.com/cleokommy/status/1541741231549603841?t=Qi8PIfG8b_L0eKXGABPw3g&s=08
Why did your youths kill a soldier? Your people have gone beyond their boundary. PMay God protect them

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

That Moment When Ghanaians Are Wishing Buhari Was Their President / Abdulmumin Jibrin And Wife In Romantic Picture. Tweeters React / Tinubu's Ex-Wife & Mother Of His Son Is Dead - Makeitglobal.biz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.