Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

If A Lady Woos You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If A Lady Woos You (4183 Views)

Ladies, How Do You Feel When A Random Guy Woos You On The Street? / Teenager Woos Girl At Gunpoint In Delta / Guys, How Do You Feel When A Cute Lady Woos You ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If A Lady Woos You by pkrix(m): 10:04pm On Jul 04, 2005
If a lady woo. Do you decline?

Men, I have learnt that it is not good to decline a lady's wooing but ladies, you are much permitted to decline a guy's wooing.

Guys, no matter how she looks; do you decline?

Guy A: Yes, I do. That's not fair!

Guy B: No, I don't. That's correct.

Cos if you decline she lives in the shadow of the rejection for life unlike guys who doesn't give a hoot if a lady says "no" to their advances.

What do you think, house?
Re: If A Lady Woos You by kazey(m): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2005
A lady proposing? grin

I have experienced it before, in an indirect manner, Not verbally. But via encouragement. So No, i would not decline, if i am interested.
Re: If A Lady Woos You by Motee(f): 11:12am On Jul 05, 2005
Umh…a lady proposing!

I want you to know that there are some guys that will never propose even though he wants to say so. It is not because of anything bad, it is just because he is not bold enough to say it (from christian's view, the Lord has even spoken to him). Somehow the lady can help out (here comes the problem) maybe by…

I think am confused. I need some time to think so that my attackers won’t end up to tell me “woo is woo”.
Re: If A Lady Woos You by jogego(m): 11:51am On Jul 05, 2005
Nothing strange in that. Depends on your level of maturity. had a relationship result from such before. If on the other hand, I cant, then you try as much as possible not to lead her on. Had a lady toast me but I couldnt cos at that point I had someone else and I DONT DOUBLE DATE, we ended up as very good friends and she actually respected my principles. We still are very good friends.

One thing you keep in mind, a woman scorned..........
Re: If A Lady Woos You by shockreaction(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2005
Woo her back?

Haha, seriously, I'd respond positively if I'm interested in her, and if she's goodlooking and all. But then again, I'd need to be careful about what kind of person she is before I start getting really involved. Relationships are, well, unpredictable sometimes.
Re: If A Lady Woos You by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2005
well it has happened to me before as far back as some weeks to valentine's day this year. well i wasn't hooked then so i accepted. but after a while i realised i made the wrong choice. it wasn't as if i didn't dig her, but she was too reserved for my liking. she wasn't the kinda chick u could take out to parties or shows. so had to tell her it'ld be better we remain friends.

for my guys, it's not a common thing that happens to us so most times we accept, only to realise that the girl aint really our type. so feel free next time to give the response "i'll get back to u"/think bout it, like the ladies often do.

ladies bold enough to ask a guy out: big ups to u. i see nothing wrong with it

1 Like

Re: If A Lady Woos You by Vieira(m): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2005
the only problems i see are :

1. guys are not used to saying "no" and will probably agree no matter who it is!

2. if the guy does say no, then how will the girl cope? reason I ask is because we guys have grown thick skin to rejection but ladies are not as used to it so any rejection can hurt her deeply.

any other thoughts?
Re: If A Lady Woos You by IAH(f): 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2005
What kind of lady will woo a guy? Even if the guy is as fine as Will Smith.
Re: If A Lady Woos You by pkrix(m): 2:00pm On Jul 05, 2005
IAH go sit down. You are not even as beautiful as the chains of ladies that wooed a

friend of mine in secondary school and even now that's he's in higher institution the

number has doubled as at the last time I saw him but now I know it must have

trippled.
Re: If A Lady Woos You by kazey(m): 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2005
common pkrix. heheheh . well
IAH:

What kind of lady will woo a guy? Even if the guy is as fine as Will Smith.

A matured lady would smiley
Re: If A Lady Woos You by jogego(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2005
@ V, you are right. We have grown thick skinned to it, but depends on how you say No. If she knows that if situation was different you'd be all over her, then it'd soften the blow. Nobody loves rejections so turn on the charm and let her down slowly. Always works for me and most a the time we still stay friends
Re: If A Lady Woos You by IAH(f): 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2005
@pkrix, How do you know when you have not seen me before? Some people just talk...
Re: If A Lady Woos You by abrakson(f): 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2005
na wa o
which kin babe go dey go toast guys abeg me i dont fancy it at all haba make bobos sef cool down for JESUS now how the relationship go be cos i think its natural for guys to do the wooing cos to them women should give respect to weda big or small,in essence there is respect that follows u being man enof to woo not the other way round
Re: If A Lady Woos You by IAH(f): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2005
na wa o
which kin babe go dey go toast guys abeg me I don't fancy it at all haba make bobos sef cool down for JESUS now how the relationship go be because I think its natural for guys to do the wooing because to them women should give respect to weda big or small,in essence there is respect that follows you being man enof to woo not the other way round

Abi o, my sista. True talk. Don't mind all those guys...they want to convince us to do what our Mamas never taught us to do. rolleyes
Re: If A Lady Woos You by jogego(m): 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2005
thats what you guys are, just a bunch of inexperienced mama's girls. by that I mean abrakson, IAH and all your other cohorts. If you think that when a girl asks me out, it means that she has been reduced in my estimation, then you are plain wrong. Its all a matter of maturity.
Re: If A Lady Woos You by Greatpeter(m): 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2005
Apart from loving her I will look at the situation that heralded her approach and if It pleases me I dance to the tune in the like manner. If she makes her advances indirectly I too will answer indirectly. grin
Re: If A Lady Woos You by sage(m): 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2005
no i wont refuse her if she is pretty
Re: If A Lady Woos You by uchesco(m): 7:18am On Jul 06, 2005
If you think that when a girl asks me out, it means that she has been reduced in my estimation, then you are plain wrong. Its all a matter of maturity.
[quote][/quote]aturity

Word bro, pls tell them... I wonder what happened to the gender equality cum liberation thing that they so eagerly talk about??
Don't get me wrong o!! I'm all for it but i feel it should beimplemented not only jobs, equal rights etc, but in matters of the heart...

Unlike these SHY girls who prefer to die in silence , some other girls are comingin in subtle endearing ways (e.g sending him a sweet text,or a card, or a note,) A few bold ones come out openly too....and i'm happily speaking from experience... grin grin grin smiley

As for the response..... it really depends on the guy, if babes can say no, why can't guys Why should females be spared the agony of rejection, that they so happily dish out too..(sadly i'm speaking from experience too sad sad)

Anyway guys can always read the signs that a woman likes u ,its in-born(we call it the "green light"..), so there still hope for the shy gals (note i said GALS), so whether they toast us or not,Life still goes on!!!

1 Like

Re: If A Lady Woos You by Greatpeter(m): 9:12am On Jul 06, 2005
Hmmm, Mr Experience you are the best teacher.
Re: If A Lady Woos You by matrix(m): 9:20am On Jul 06, 2005
....where are the ladies who want to woo men...I got lots of mail numbers for you..
Re: If A Lady Woos You by Greatpeter(m): 9:35am On Jul 06, 2005
Matrix, are you a match maker or Contractor?
Re: If A Lady Woos You by matrix(m): 9:58am On Jul 06, 2005
..the two Great peter... grin
Re: If A Lady Woos You by Vieira(m): 10:02am On Jul 06, 2005
I am liking Uchesco's flow jare!
Re: If A Lady Woos You by Greatpeter(m): 10:05am On Jul 06, 2005
Matrix,
Any registration fee?
Re: If A Lady Woos You by matrix(m): 10:17am On Jul 06, 2005
Great peter..it is free just call 08023055... cheesy
Re: If A Lady Woos You by Greatpeter(m): 10:38am On Jul 06, 2005
Matrix, It remains three more numbers.
Complete it. I may end up giving you customers and from there you gain your popularity. Who knows it may take you abroad.
Re: If A Lady Woos You by matrix(m): 10:43am On Jul 06, 2005
am cool trust me Great peter
Re: If A Lady Woos You by Greatpeter(m): 10:50am On Jul 06, 2005
Ok. Matrix. I'm cool too.
Re: If A Lady Woos You by pkrix(m): 11:11am On Jul 06, 2005
@ Uchesco, true talk. But for me I will not say no; I will give her a little credit for her courage. In that manner and gradually ladies who are more interested in a guy and a gal cohabiting will come out plain naturally.

And naturally and gradually guys will then have to go to clubs flaunting their beauty or whatever and gals call guys to pay'em for one nightstand. It will be beautiful and the world a more interesting "palace" if we begin to experience some "beautiful natural contradiction."

Don't you think so?
Re: If A Lady Woos You by tayotina(f): 11:25am On Jul 06, 2005
No, I don't think so.
Re: If A Lady Woos You by Greatpeter(m): 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2005
Pkrix,
     This one na theory or thesis?
Re: If A Lady Woos You by gina34(f): 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2005
No i dont think so " cos is not right for a lady to woo a guy,  angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

He Says He'll Never Marry You, Now What? / Six(6) Things I Take Into Consideration Before Approaching Any Girl / 10 Signs And Symptoms A Girl Is Crushing On You Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.