Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,353 members, 7,954,414 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:35 PM

For Better Or For Worse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Better Or For Worse? (2036 Views)

''For Better For Worse''- What does it really mean? Do we practise it? / For better or for worse.Does it really make sense? / Ladies - For Better For Worse ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Better Or For Worse? by Nayah(f): 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
Hi brothers, I'm sure you all know about Dominique Strauss Kahn and Nafissatou Diallo news
For those who don't know them, they're famous, especially DSK ( a french former International Monetary Fund President, and a politician in France) and Nafissatou Diallo is an household from Guinea who accused him for having being raped by him

He used to have a quite "long" affairs lisiting, but his wife Anne Sinclair( a former and rich journalist) is still supporting him no matter what, despite having being "humiliated" worlwide so I'd like to have your position on that, about the wife's reaction. Sisters do you think she should have left him since, or she's simply a wife who passionately loves her husband
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by pendo89(f): 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2011
she reminds me of hillary and bill.
you know what i think? theres more than meets the eye. Hillary's continued support for bill gave her mileage in her political career. I am not really sure if this support will last long after the motive is achieved.
love or vows? we wait and see.
women always have something sinister up their sleeves. undecided
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by Mynd44: 4:00am On Jul 27, 2011
I would rather sign up for "for better for better" no worse for me
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by iice(f): 4:03am On Jul 27, 2011
pendo89:

she reminds me of hillary and bill.
you know what i think? theres more than meets the eye. Hillary's continued support for bill gave her mileage in her political career. I am not really sure if this support will last long after the motive is achieved.
love or vows? we wait and see.
women always have something sinister up their sleeves. undecided
Agreed
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by 190: 4:03am On Jul 27, 2011
For better for worse would only be after shes given birth for me twice  angry angry
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by Nayah(f): 8:48am On Jul 27, 2011
you might be right sweet Pendo but whatever I really think she's a real woman
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by MrsChima(f): 8:54am On Jul 27, 2011
Yes, she is indeed. Not everybody going to put up with situations like that.

However we have to realize that not everybody internalizes things the same so we have to be considerate that each case is different.
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by Nayah(f): 9:00am On Jul 27, 2011
Mrs Chima exactly I mean this is what I call in the sickness or in health, I'm not saying that I couldn't understand women who would feed humiliated so that they would quit, but we have to confess this woman really loves her husband, and even her ex husband said " Anne Sinclair is crazy about his husband I know because she left me for him"
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by pendo89(f): 9:23am On Jul 27, 2011
Helo Nayah wink

Only time can test a real woman.
If shes putting up for all the wrong reasons then only time will tell. She will soon wear out if she has sinister motives backing up her support.
If not then its for better or worse and we can call her real woman.
I at times wonder if Hillary would have stood by Bill if she did not harbour any future political ambitions. She also had an image to maintain and to boost her.
Only time will tell. undecided
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by Nayah(f): 9:53am On Jul 27, 2011
Yes I partially agree with you but the fact is they're married for long now and this is not the first time DSK has done that to her so I can think this woman is what I call a[b] WIFE[/b]
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by claremont(m): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2011
Modern marriages these days is typically "for better, I stay; for worse, I go", I wouldn't blame the lady if she does decide to leave him because I would leave if the situation was reversed. Nothing like "for better, for worse" anymore these days, even the religious people divorce at an alarming rate nowadays.
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by Nayah(f): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2011
So do you think that this is "modernity"?
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by claremont(m): 11:06am On Jul 27, 2011
Nayah:

So do you think that this is "modernity"?
What else will you call it?! I don't believe in conspiracy theories.
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by pendo89(f): 11:07am On Jul 27, 2011
For better for worse is a fallacy I have come to believe.
I mean even the most committed ones that I have looked up to,those that trully love God and believe in sacrifice have ended up separating or divorcing.
Marry but be prepared for heartbreaks. And if they happen then pick yourself up and move on.
The worst thing that can happen to anybody is death not divorce or disease.
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by claremont(m): 11:12am On Jul 27, 2011
pendo89:

I mean even the most committed ones that I have looked up to,those that trully love God and believe in sacrifice have ended up separating or divorcing.
Marry but be prepared for heartbreaks. And they happen then pick yourself up and move on.
At least we finally agree on something grin grin
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by pendo89(f): 11:15am On Jul 27, 2011
phew finally!! we are ever fighting!
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by Nayah(f): 11:34am On Jul 27, 2011
Claremont I don't really think it's about modernity but individuals and I'm pretty sure this Anne Sinclair ( aplready very rich without him) does really love her husband. As conspiracy I partially agree but you know here in France this Sarkosy is less and less considerated a as "good" Head of State and France is searching for a new leader and he knows it, so everything can happen, don't forget the New President of this Insititution now is Christine Lagarde who has benne explicitly recommanded by a CIA agent, who's  Sarkosy's son God Father

My Pendo marriage is like a marathon it will takes much time to handle it, but you can
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by LongOne1(m): 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2011
pendo89:

Marry but be prepared for heartbreaks. And if they happen then pick yourself up and move on.

Why would you say it’s a fallacy, and what do you mean by ‘move on’? Hope it’s not divorce.

Biblically, (I think) the only reason to divorce is infidelity. And if you divorce, you aren’t supposed to remarry again…now where’s the fun in that?

I don’t believe in divorce, I mean there are always casualties (the kids).

I think she is a strong woman for staying with him, and I got’s to get me one of those.
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by 2Praise: 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2011
^^
Yes the bible permits divorce in case of infedility
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by MrsChima(f): 8:57pm On Jul 27, 2011
Long One:

Why would you say it’s a fallacy, and what do you mean by ‘move on’? Hope it’s not divorce.

Biblically, (I think) the only reason to divorce is infidelity. And if you divorce, you aren’t supposed to remarry again…now where’s the fun in that?

I don’t believe in divorce, I mean there are always casualties (the kids).

I think she is a strong woman for staying with him, and I got’s to get me one of those.

Biblically speaking, the bible did states the only reason one should divorce if sexual immortatality occurs. However in much more serious situation such as domestic abuse, threaten of death on spouse and/or children, and abandonment the spouse STILL supposed to stay in the marriage?

Marriage is serious and divorce is serious. Not everyone divorce because their spouse gained weight or lost an eye ball but if someone's life is in danger or their spouse left them ARE THEY REALLY supposed to stay married to someone that is threatening their lives or abandoned them?
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by 2Praise: 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2011
^^well said
Its even much worse to say that you are sticking in there for kids sake.I personally can count 3 where the spouses ended up being killed because they decided to hang in there for kids sake.
Who ends up losing? The mother is murdered and dad spends time. Orphans.
I love what one Dr.Phil said. A kid brought up by 2 parents in a violent home suffers more than one brought up by a single parent in a peaceful environment.
So after divorce which is worse,sleeping around forever since the bible forbids remarrying or remarrying?
Its obvious that you are not going to remain celibate forever.
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2011
@pendo89 what the heck do you know about Bill, Hillary and the American people? FYI over 45% of Americans hate hillary since the Bill's infidelity mess
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by Nayah(f): 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2011
Mr Chima I'm with you on that
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by pendo89(f): 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2011
If I rem well,that issue was a hot topic during her campaigns and well some if not many viewed her as a strong woman worth their votes cz of tht bill thing.
Am sure shes got some 35-40 % support from the same pple.Which is quite a number.
The society will always exert pressure and influence you to act contrary to what you believe,especialy if you are highly placed in the society.Its all about image and the role it plays in your career moves.
More so among politicians.
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2011
@Poster I hope your not asking me we men what we're gonna do should our (my wife) gets involved into so sh1t? Well I'm pretty much allergic to cheaters of any kind. To me there is some exceptions in that for better for worse of a thing and that includes lies and infidelity. . As for that France Jerk I ain't saying non yet. . I can't believe they are digging the poor Guinean lady's immigration fills. . Smh @ this country
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by Nayah(f): 8:28am On Jul 28, 2011
Yes Pendo you might be right
Reality I'm not asking something from men, just I've noticed this what I call a proof, you can be accused and you probably might be wrong but in this case, the Guinean woman's declaration was quite strange and changing along the story so now she's not credible anymore so I'm not going to have some sympathy

Do you know she was caught talking in her language ( fulani) whith her boyfriend and register then translated, she's said I quote " Don't worry honey I know what I'm doing"

Plus investigations has revealed she has never been raped in Guinea as she has stated to get an American green card, this woman is quite suspect and she seems to be a liar
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by pendo89(f): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2011
That quote!! Its all bout the quote!!
grin.
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by pendo89(f): 8:48am On Jul 28, 2011
Lawyer Kenneth Thompson said he and Nafissatou Diallo spent eight hours with prosecutors from the district attorney's office listening to and translating a phone recording which had raised doubts about her credibility.

And it was clear Ms Diallo "never said the words" attributed to her by a US newspaper claiming that she knew Mr Strauss-Kahn had a lot of money, Mr Thompson told reporters outside the Manhattan DA's office.

"I'm telling you that certain things were said that were merged together in this quote that was given to The New York Times," he said.
The New York Times, in early July, quoted a law enforcement official saying that during a phone conversation with a man jailed in the United States for possessing marijuana, Ms Diallo "says words to the effect of, 'Don't worry, this guy has a lot of money. I know what I'm doing.'"

Mr Thompson said both sides had reviewed the recording of the tape with an interpreter who spoke Diallo's native Guinean language of Fulani.

"We have been listening to that tape, and that tape shows that the victims never said the words" attributed to her, Mr Thompson said.

"She told that gentleman that 'Someone tried to rape me and that he's a powerful, big man.'"

undecided undecided
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by claremont(m): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2011
^^^^
Derailer, Go to the politics section. In the romance section, we make love only cheesy, we don't discuss politics of world bank conspiracies.
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by pendo89(f): 9:06am On Jul 28, 2011
angry angry
don't u start!
for better or for worse! context matters!
Politics and Romance are twins called Rompo.
angry
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by claremont(m): 9:14am On Jul 28, 2011
pendo89:

angry angry
don't u start!
for better or for worse! context matters!
Politics and Romance are twins called Rompo.
angry
No evidence for the above whatsoever!!! angry angry
Re: For Better Or For Worse? by Nayah(f): 9:25am On Jul 28, 2011
Pendo sorry my sweet sister but I have to say that she's not so credible too many strange statement

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Choose Btw $5 Billion Contract And Your Wedding? / How will you advise this guy? / He Slept With His Wife, And...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.