Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules (56137 Views)

David Ukpo Asks Court To Stop Biodata Release To Ekweremadu / Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age / Photos Of David Ukpo Nwamini, The 15-Year-Old Boy Ekweremadu Took To The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

There was NEVER a child trafficking charge. The charge was and still is human trafficking for the purposes of organ harvesting, modern slavery, and exploitation.

Thank you. I assumed their was a child trafficking charge along the human trafficking charge.

3 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

The age disparity between 15 and 21 is too huge to be missed.

Genetic testing can determine his age but the passport given to him by the Senator was altered to list his age as 41. The lawyers refuse to address that or try to debunk it. The UK court seized the passport so the pictures of the passport being shared is obviously fraudulent.

4 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Idiotseverywher: 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

It's still hard to understand this your ingirishi. However, the fact remains that giving money to an organ donor in exchange for any organ or tissue is a criminal offence in most (if not all) first world countries—the UK involved. Read these links:
1) https://www.google.com/url?q=https://businessday.ng/analysis/article/ekweremadu-is-it-legal-to-pay-organ-donor-in-uk/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjD1q719ub4AhVHdcAKHbeqDHwQFnoECAoQAg&usg=AOvVaw10mD9OuZXFUnv4HU9VHE4g

2) https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/how-you-can-help/get-involved/key-messages-and-information/living-organ-donation-faq/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjD1q719ub4AhVHdcAKHbeqDHwQFnoECAQQAg&usg=AOvVaw0ucfBFapq4ElF8840OcZkj

I am very sure that this is the prosecutor's Trump card because I am sure the boy has given that one away already.
. How will you understand a high class argument , just one question you can not even answer, you are busy posting rubbish Google site that doesn't relate with the report, to help give you direction, what is organ donor, just answer that since you are good in Google , you can browse it, simply ask, what is organ donor
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Morphinne: 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nemere2020:
https://www.nairaland.com/7215683/david-mark-emeka-nwajiuba-nigerian#114503272

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-ekweremadus-kidney-donor-not-a-minor-uk-court-rules/amp

https://twitter.com/thecableindex/status/1545015061743378435?t=iP2kkhXjUrfGjqe8zNvLPQ&s=19
Well we all knew there’s no way this grandpa could be a 15 year old and I support that he should be promptly dealt with because false accusation is a serious crime that should be treated as such to help protect the institution of trust and staying faithful to agreements but the Ekweremadus too no try at all, why making such a sensitive deal with a homeless, desperate and hungry-looking boy without any legal bindings? Very typical of Nigerian politician; always thinking they can do anything they want and get away with it since they have the money
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2022
Gemma11:

David has not yet given any statement under oath saying that he is 15.

It could be that he only spoke today under oath and told his real age which is why the Judge ruled in the defence's favour.

Under oath or not, if he lied at any point concerning his age, that would be a huge red flag in his refugee hearing. That's what I'm saying. Him not lying under oath would save him from perjury, true. But if he lied before now, that would be a score against himself.

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by frog12: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2022
hahahahaha. the lovely wife

BeardGangJnr1:
I see ekewrendu doing 75yrs in a British high level correctional facility.
I see his wife getting pregnant for a prison Warden.
This I've been...�

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

Bro, you actually want to finish the guy. Do you know what is called perjury? If he is not a minor, the chances of this guy getting jailed for lying are slim at the moment because the lie was done outside the court and he wasn't under oath. The moment he appeals this ruling, he'll be under oath and if found to be lying after that, it'll be considered a perjury in his case against the senator (delibrately lying under oath to mislead the court) and that's a liable offense. Trust me, if he appeals an already ruled part of the case, the next hearing will be intense and he can't wriggle out of that in this century. So except he's 15 and the judge that made this ruling is a drunkard, it'll be in his best interest to leave it the way it is at the moment.

By the way, you keep saying BVN, I have not mentioned any of those documents throughout my chat here. You think the court ruled based on the BVN? If it were that simple, wouldn't it have been an open and close case? Dude, your biometrics can easily tell if you're teenager or a full grown adult. The age disparity between 15 and 21 is too huge to be missed.

Hello, I personally do not care about his age seeing as it doesn’t matter to case.

My BVN reference was because someone uploaded his bvn records here.

For clarity sake, (1) His age doesn’t matter (2) BVN records can easily be manipulated (3) We all know that if the guy did consent, he didn’t do so from the goodness of his heart.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

Under oath or not, if he lied at any point concerning his age, that would be a huge red flag in his refugee hearing. That's what I'm saying. Him not lying under oath would save him from perjury, true. But if he lied before now, that would be a score against himself.

Sir, I can guarantee that his asylum request will be granted without a hearing.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Genetic testing can determine his age but the passport given to him by the Senator was altered to list his age as 41. The lawyers refuse to address that or try to debunk it. The UK court seized the passport so the pictures of the passport being shared is obviously fraudulent.

1stGenAmerican:

This is a different discussion because it doesn't make his story any better if he actually lied that he was a minor. Nevertheless, it's an interesting dimension to the story. If not anything, it'll surely make things worse for the senator. Where did you see the actual passport?

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by frog12: 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2022
ekweremadu do not have faith in our health system

victorv12:
"He was so consumed by politics that when the 22-year old donor went rogue and was allegedly scheming behind him to deny his age and report Ike and family to UK police, it probably escaped his detection and intervention soon enough so he can be the first to report to UK police and then return the donor to Nigeria for him to immediately restart the process of getting alternative donor(s) for his ailing daughter whose life was more important to him."

Who wrote this article? Why are they trying to paint the boy in a bad light? How did he know that the boy was scheming behind the Ekweremadus? That boy was offered a Greek gift that he knows nothing about. The person that wrote this article is insane. Why travel to the UK for an operation that can easily be carried out by our Doctors? There's something fishy about the entire case that the Ekweremadus are hiding. Thank God UK is not Nigeria.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Morphinne: 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

Exactly. I’m keenly interested in the reason behind his sudden u-turn from the agreement he had with them which took him to the UK in the first place. Was he thinking he was invited there to babysit the sick girl? Why are we Nigerians like this?
I was at a new location in the East sometime last year and a guy offered to help me with direction to where I was going but the Nigerian instinct in me told me he was up to something bad because I didnt believe a Nigerian could help you without a catch grin
That’s how bad we’re having it now here in Nigeria. To trust ppl now na big deal. What brought about the U-turn?
Disclaimer: I’m definitely not picking sides with anyone but basing my judgement on what we’ve been hearing so far as well as the court’s rejection of the boy’s minor claim.

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Abujason: 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

He isn’t at risk for being sent to prison at all. He didn’t commit fraud, the senator and his wife did. He’s in foster care where underage people are kept and he didn’t tell his age, the doctor told the authorities his age, why won’t you guys address that?

I am not here to argue with you or defend anyone as you claim. Organized and well-run countries have set standards in everything. When you declare certain information in your entry documents purposely to mislead, it is considered fraud. Claiming to be a minor when you are a grown-ass man of 21 means he lied in the forms he submitted to UK government. I know in our part of the world, it’s normal to lie and cheat without consequences. Oyibo people don’t accept such.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by InoGetJoy: 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
an0daGuy:

Didn’t you read the expose the kid made before to the uk press? He was tricked into coming to the UK for a job offering and then he was told to go for a medical examination before resuming at the phantom job where it was already planned for his kidney to be stolen.

Why are you lying and supporting organ harvesters? angry
Cock and bull story. That guy knows exactly what he's doing
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Agadinaagwuofe: 3:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

The boy never claimed he was 15, the doctors who alerted the authorities did. His age, though not a driving factor, has yet to be disproven and no credible news coming out of the UK has reported that.
If there was a victory in this case, the suspects wouldn’t be still rotting in jail. Whatever happened in court today was enough to keep them in custody.

Which credible news do you want again? When there are Nigerian journalists and representatives inside the court and the timeline of all the events were published. They are still in court because the case has been transferred to central criminal court in London which will entertain the bail hearing. Again the boy claimed he was 15 and stop twisting facts, the doctor called metropolitan police based on the boy's testimony so quit making it look like the doctor determined the boy's age by some mystic power.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
Morphinne:

Exactly. I’m keenly interested in the reason behind his sudden u-turn from the agreement he had with them which took him to the UK in the first place. Was he thinking he was invited there to babysit the sick girl? Why are we Nigerians like this?
I was at a new location in the East sometime last year and a guy offered to help me with direction to where I was going but the Nigeria instinct in me told me he was up to something bad because I didnt believe a Nigerian could help you without a catch grin
That’s how bad we’re having it now here in Nigeria. To trust ppl now na big deal. What brought about the U-turn?
Disclaimer: I’m definitely not picking sides with anyone but basing my judgement on what we’ve been hearing so far as well as court’s rejection of the boy’s minor claim.

People like you are the problem we have in Nigeria. The U turn if there was one isn’t relevant.

Why are you not asking the right question? Questions like;
Did the senator offer to buy his kidney?
Was he aware?
Did he consent?
If he did, was it under duress?

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

Hello, I personally do not care about his age seeing as it doesn’t matter to case.

My BVN reference was because someone uploaded his bvn records here.

For clarity sake, (1) His age doesn’t matter (2) BVN records can easily be manipulated (3) We all know that if the guy did consent, he didn’t do so from the goodness of his heart.

His age matters because we wouldn't even be talking about consent. His age matters cause if he lied about it, it would cast a shadow of doubt on the rest of his story. His age matters cause if he lied about it, it would make his asylum difficult. His age matters cause if he was a minor, it would be considered an entirely different charge from that of consent. His age matters cause if he was actually a minor, you wouldn't be here telling me his age does not matter. How can you say his age doesn't matter in such a case just because it has been debunked?

If there's any evidence the guy consented, I'm sorry, he chances of winning the case would be extremely thin. Relatives apart, many kidney donor all over the world do it for money and not because having one kidney is thier life ambition. It's not illegal. So the "goodness of his heart" part would be a tough one to go by. Even if it stands, I doubt it can fetch the senator a serious punishment.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 735i(m): 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This article below is a reminder again. Do not outsource your role as a father.

EKWEREMADU: Between Fatherhood and Ambition

I recall having this conversation with my wife during the week when the case of Sen. Ike Ekweremadu came up and I was completely in an incandescent shock that this man actually has a sick daughter yet has been all over the place attending political meetings for his political ambition instead of taking time out from the highly demanding world of politics to sort out his daughter's pressing health needs.

He was all over the place during the PDP  primaries, he lost the PDP gubernatorial primaries for Enugu state then started planning to decamp to APGA, then APC , reportedly taken to APC national Chairman by HE Uzodinma, Imo state Governor, when APC stalwarts in Enugu APC, led by their state APC Chairman, Chief Ugochukwu Agballah, outrightly rejected him. 

He eventually lost and , unlike previous election cycles, Senator Ekweremadu is not returning to the Nigerian Senate.He lost on all the political fronts.

Sen. Ike Ekweremadu was all over the place so much that it appeared like he did not follow through on the health and lifestyle choices of his children.

He did not follow through on what I believe is more important than his political ambition; the life of his daughter and a family at the low ebb of the apprehension of losing a child  to kidney failure.

Ike Ekeremadu was so consumed by his political ambition that he had no time and seriousness to do due diligence and background check on the character they got him as a donor for his daughter , I doubt if with his PhD, he even had the time to follow through and read up to ask the right questions from the professionals,  understand the risks and benefits of why it could be better for one member of his family of six to donate to the daughter instead of a stranger and seek help to find out if there are some of the tests which can be done on the stranger here in Nigeria before bundling a total stranger overseas. 

He was so consumed by politics that when the 22-year old donor went rogue and was allegedly scheming behind him to deny his age and report Ike and family to UK police, it probably escaped his detection and intervention soon enough so he can be the first to report to UK police and then return the donor to Nigeria for him to immediately restart the process of getting alternative donor(s) for his ailing daughter whose life was more important to him.

He forgot that he was first a father and husband before becoming a Senator,Deputy Senate President and SSG. 

He forgot that he will finish as a father and husband.

I compared Senator Ekweremadu to Joe Biden and I believe that he could have followed the Biden example. Then in 2015 , US Vice President Biden had a dying son and had the opportunity to contest in his party's primaries to emerge against Trump for the US Presidency but Biden stepped down from that race in order to support his dying son.

At a point, Biden was to sell his family house before Barack Obama intervened and offered to pay for the treatment. Biden's boy made his Dad promise him that no matter what happens, Biden must not give up his life long ambition to be US President, Biden's boy, Beau Biden later died. Biden grieved without the guilt of abandoning his son for his political ambition.

In 2021, years after his son had passed on , Biden contested and won. There are many Nigerian politicians (and professionals) who will do like Biden but not like Ike.   

Family is so important that we even need the approval of a sick dying one before we place anything above their life

That is the lesson Ike missed and was almost about to lose from both ends as his wife who takes care of the daughter remains in prison until July 7 and now August 4.      

Last two Sundays ago was Father's Day , I really truly hope that fathers used that day to reflect and understand the real responsibility of fatherhood. It is the hardest job for a man but it gives the greatest reward if you do your best at it.

As a father , I have realized that it is not possible to outsource that role of a father and not pay heavy fines.  

May God heal that Ike Ekweremadu's daughter and may God help the Ike Ekweremadu family in this their difficult time. I know it is a difficult place for them. 

May God help all fathers to realise that "your child is your responsibility". 

That you pay all the bills and have a devoted and responsible wife/mother of your child won't still make up for your negligence. 

Your child is your responsibility and not even your ambition can replace what you will miss if you neglect your role in the life of your child. 

This a lesson to all fathers: Do not behave like Senator Ike Ekweremadu who was literally chasing rats around the house when his house was on fire.

May God help us all to succeed and may our children not develop kidney failure. May our labour of love and sacrifice be rewarded in our life time and when we are long gone, Amen.
Sunkanmi Vaughan is a Lagos-based Pharmacist and Author.

Meanwhile,here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

This is the most stupid post i have read on Nairaland!!!

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
Agadinaagwuofe:

Which credible news do you want again? When there are Nigerian journalists and representatives inside the court and the timeline of all the events were published. They are still in court because the case has been transferred to central criminal court in London which will entertain the bail hearing. Again the boy claimed he was 15 and stop twisting facts, the doctor called metropolitan police based on the boy's testimony so quit making it look like the doctor determined the boy's age by some mystic power.

There is no information on the ruling by those “journalists and representatives”, just a general statement that anyone could’ve made. The credible sources say that the doctor became suspicious of the boy’s age yet they said nothing about the boy making the claim.
When is the bail hearing because what credible sources are reporting is that the judge has ordered them to remain in custody until August.

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
Abujason:

I am not here to argue with you or defend anyone as you claim. Organized and well-run countries have set standards in everything. When you declare certain information in your entry documents purposely to mislead, it is considered fraud. Claiming to be a minor when you are a grown-ass man of 21 means he lied in the forms he submitted to UK government. I know in our part of the world, it’s normal to lie and cheat without consequences. Oyibo people don’t accept such.

I live among Oyibo so I’m aware of their ways. The documents and forms were submitted by the Senator, not the boy. Am I expected to believe that this boy was able to apply for and be granted a visa on his own? No Sir.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

Sir, I can guarantee that his asylum request will be granted without a hearing.

Hehe... Nairaland people. You think those doing the hearing get to decide when they want to do so and when they don't? OK, I hear you bro.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by nduchucks: 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
thunder74:
The implications of this ruling is that the boy will not be given protection and asylum again. David is coming back to Nigeria.

The boy's lawyers can rightfully claim that the boy's life is at risk, were he to be deported.

As for Ekwemeredu and his wife, there is more than 50٪ probability that they will be imprisoned.

The judge should deny the bail application as Ekwemeredu poses a flight risk.

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 3:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

His age matters because we wouldn't even be talking about consent. His age matters cause if he lied about it, it would cast a shadow of doubt on the rest of his story. His age matters cause if he lied about it, it would make his asylum difficult. His age matters cause if he was a minor, it would be considered an entirely different charge from that of consent. His age matters cause if he was actually a minor, you wouldn't be here telling me his age does not matter. How can you say his age doesn't matter in such a case just because it has been debunked?

If there's any evidence the guy consented, I'm sorry, he chances of winning the case would be extremely thin. Relatives apart, many kidney donor all over the world do it for money and not because having one kidney is thier life ambition. It's not illegal. So the "goodness of his heart" part would be a tough one to go by. Even if it stands, I doubt it can fetch the senator a serious punishment.

If it is proven that he was offered financial incentives to “donate” his kidney, your darling criminal senator and his wife will go to jail.

For a child whom you claim was born in the year 2000, why don’t we have his record? This criminal has been in the senate for years . If only he initiated a bill to ensure all Children born in Nigeria have all their information captured, we won’t be here, arguing about his age. For me, I’d wait till there’s an official interview from the young boy. Till then, he is 15 and the senator is a criminal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
Morphinne:

I was at a new location in the East sometime last year and a guy offered to help me with direction to where I was going but the Nigerian instinct in me told me he was up to something bad because I didnt believe a Nigerian could help you without a catch grin
Disclaimer: I’m definitely not picking sides with anyone but basing my judgement on what we’ve been hearing so far as well as the court’s rejection of the boy’s minor claim.

Exactly, the guy is shady. I understand we don't like our politicians. I couldn't care less about the senator myself. I'm not even sure the UK Court has the jurisdiction to jail him over there. And if they send him back to Nigeria, we all know he'd walk free, guilty or not. Nevertheless, it's only pertinent that the case is judged logically and not emotionally.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

Sir, the boy is not trying to win a case. The burden of proof is on the prosecution, not the boy, and the prosecution isn’t relying on the testimony of a young non-citizen. The prosecution is relying on the evidence that they clearly have gathered. Selling a kidney is illegal and the UK courts no that no young man who has no money to afford the lifelong medical care a kidney donor requires would ever offer to donate a kidney to a non-relative out of kindness.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Morphinne: 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

People like you are the problem we have in Nigeria. The U turn if there was one isn’t relevant.

Why are you not asking the right question? Questions like;
The the senator offer to buy his kid?
Was he aware?
Did he consent?
If he did, was it under duress?
No boss/ma
Like I said earlier, I’m not picking sides with anyone and if you had read my first comment, you would have seen that I blamed the senator too for choosing a vulnerable, homeless and hungry boy for the deal without any legal representatives. I’m just concerned about trust. You can no longer trust anyone in Nigeria. If the boy intentional lied on his National ID to be 21 in Nigeria and suddenly, this same boy claimed to be 15 on getting to the UK, then there’s a problem and so it is very RELEVANT my friend. In every criminal investigation, nothing is irrelevant and no question is too big to ask. Also, the Ekweremadus should be investigated thoroughly for their choice of donor like I pointed out earlier. Why on earth will I choose to blindly support a Nigerian politician Biko ? They’re all filthy.
Btw, I hate Ekweremadu and every other Nigerian politician pass you because their actions and inactions have taken more lives than death itself. I don’t wish them good and our anger towards them is very justifiable but at times, we need to put sentiments aside and judge like the higher animals that we are. We shouldn’t promote the growing trend of distrust and lies among Nigerians all because we want him (Ike) roasted.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Abujason: 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I live among Oyibo so I’m aware of their ways. The documents and forms were submitted by the Senator, not the boy.

If you truly live overseas, who completed your arrival documents when you first landed in a foreign country? Was it you or someone else? Who signed your arrival documents? Was it you or someone else? Who provided the fake date of birth on his passport? Him or someone else? Who affirmed the fake date of birth on the passport application? Who declared himself underage just to be placed in foster care?

Look bros, you may live abroad but there are things I know a lot more about than you. But let’s leave it at that.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

If it is proven that he was offered financial incentives to “donate” his kidney, your darling criminal senator and his wife will go to jail.

For a child whom you claim was born in the year 2000, why don’t we have his record? This criminal has been in the senate for years . If only he initiated a bill to ensure all Children born in Nigeria have all their information captured, we won’t be here, arguing about his age. For me, I’d wait till there’s an official interview from the young boy. Till then, he is 15 and the senator is a criminal.

You think anyone that has a contrary opinion is siding with the senator? You guys are so emotional.

If a mentally stable adult is given money to donate his kidney, that's not illegal. You don't like the senator and he hasn't done well in terms of record keeping, that's all valid. But all those things have no bearing in this case. The "kid" can remain 15 to you forever, but you are the judge. The court has ruled and that's all that matters. We can now move on to the issue of consent.

I couldn't care less about the senator. I don't stay in Nigeria, I don't even know him. To me, he's just a man in this case and if he's guilty, I pray he rots in jail. If he's not, I don't see why I'd want him to go to jail for a crime he didn't commit just so that a young man could get asylum. That's just logical.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
Abujason:

If you truly live overseas, who completed your arrival documents when you first landed in a foreign country? Was it you or someone else? Who signed your arrival documents? Was it you or someone else? Who provided the fake date of birth on his passport? Him or someone else? Who affirmed the fake date of birth on the passport application? Who declared himself underage just to be placed in foster care?

Look bros, you may live abroad but there are things I know a lot more about than you. But let’s leave it at that.

It’s how you can’t imagine that the person who applied for a visa for him, can fake a birth certificate or age declaration.

Does that guy look like someone that would cough out thousands for a passport? To do what?

Thank God this crime was committed in the UK and not Nigeria. God forbid some people

3 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2022
Abujason:

I was born here, the medical records clerk at the hospital that I was born in and my parents completed my birth documents. Vital records were verified before they were used to complete my birth documents.

The boy/young man/elderly man is not in the hot seat. Educated Nigerians with connections and money apply for visas using truthful information and are rejected almost daily but you feel this person who had no money, no connections, and very little education was cunning enough to apply, produce costly fake documents, and be approved for a visa? I don’t.

3 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

You think anyone that has a contrary opinion is siding with the senator? You guys are so emotional.

If a mentally stable adult is given money to donate his kidney, that's not illegal. You don't like the senator and he hasn't done well in terms of record keeping, that's all valid. But all those things have no bearing in this case. The "kid" can remain 15 to you forever, but you are the judge. The court has ruled and that's all that matters. We can now move on to the issue of consent.

I couldn't care less about the senator. I don't stay in Nigeria, I don't even know him. To me, he's just a man in this case and if he's guilty, I pray he rots in jail. If he's not, I don't see why I'd want him to go to jail for a crime he didn't commit just so that a young man could get asylum. That's just logical.

Not according to British law. It is a crime to offer monetary incentives to organ donors. How else should we say this for you to understand?

4 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by TheEnforcer: 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2022
descarado:

Status quo is maintained until the final hearing.

It's an international crime.
What does that mean
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Sir, the boy is not trying to win a case. The burden of proof is on the prosecution, not the boy, and the prosecution isn’t relying on the testimony of a young non-citizen. The prosecution is relying on the evidence that they clearly have gathered. Selling a kidney is illegal and the UK courts no that no young man who has no money to afford the lifelong medical care a kidney donor requires would ever offer to donate a kidney to a non-relative out of kindness.

If the boy is lied about his age and about his consent, he's trying to win a case. If he's accusing the senator of misleading him, the burden of proof also lies on him. If he consented to "donating" his kidney, the financial incentives wouldn't be enough to outrightly prove it was a trade. A ruling was done today based on gathered evidence (contrary to the notion that he was a minor). The best we can do is to wait for the next ruling instead of jumping into conclusions.

You didn't provide the card indicating he's 41.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life / Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu / Melaye Appears In Senate In Unusual Attire- Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.