Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,069 members, 7,845,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso (917 Views)

Any Igbo Still Supporting UGM Doesn't Mean Well For Igbos / Is Igbo's Still Part Of Nigeria? / Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Move2(m): 6:55am On Jul 09, 2022
I like people of the South-East so much that even this Kwankwasiyya you hear, many thought it is Okonkwo and Sons. They said because an Hausa man can’t say Okonkwo and sons, he now turned it to Kwankwaso. One thing the South-East must learn, in addition to many other things, is that the South-East is good in terms of business; very hard-working, industrious but one area they must learn is politics. They are at the bottom line of national politics. If you look at the situation, they have lost out in the APC and the PDP. They have no presidential, no vice-presidential candidate. The only opportunity the South-East has to be president or vice president is with the NNPP. Coincidentally, the party was registered by an Igbo man from Anambra State 21 years ago. It is even their party, and it is only that I took it up and my growth did not start from the South, it started from my local government area about 30 years ago in Kano State.

What will be your advice to the people of the South-East?

This is the golden opportunity they have. If they lose this opportunity, it will be a disaster even for the country because the young men and women there think they are being sidelined. I have attained my current position because I worked very hard based on thinking, planning and projection of things. That’s why I am relevant to my local government area, state, etc. What the South-East doesn’t know is that if they miss this opportunity, it will be a disaster for them because they will continue to say they are been marginalised but no one is marginalising them. Leaving the APC and the PDP was a strategy, and the South-East must learn how to play politics. If I decide to become vice president to anybody in this country, the NNPP will collapse.

Why will the NNPP collapse?

It is because it is based on what we built in the last 47 years of very serious hard work. Thirty years ago, I was Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives. Before then, I was in the civil service for 17 years. That is what is holding the NNPP now. Someone was telling me that even if our friend wants to withdraw to accept VP, some people in the South-East will not accept. This is not strategic. Look at what happened with some of our friends in the South-West; they are very strategic especially my friend, Bola Tinubu. Eight years ago, he was strategic enough to say, ‘You take it for eight years and after eight years, I will take’. Now, whatever happened in those eight years, at least, he is holding the ticket of the ruling party in the country now. So, people have to be strategic, otherwise the implication of the South-East not
not being part of the NNPP is the total marginalisation. But the question is who marginalised them? Nobody wants to take any blame, and they will start hanging it on the Yoruba, Hausa or the Fulani or some others.
As the politics is today, this is the only opportunity for the South-East. I love them and I want to work with them. If for example, under the equation, I’m supposed to be the vice-presidential candidate and it will add value to the ticket, I will be very happy. The job of the vice-president is a very big one, especially in a responsible government. When I was in Kano State as governor, my deputy governor, (Abdullahi) Ganduje, was everywhere doing everything. When I finished, despite all the odds, I handed over to him. I think the problem in the South-East is a political issue and it must be tackled politically. If it goes like that, the Igbo will continue to detain the Igbo every Monday (sit-at-home) and other people in the South-East and kill others because of additional frustration.

What do you think is the way out to stop the agitation in the South-East?

The best for the South-East is for them to come and partner, maybe after eight years, after our term, they will say, ‘This man is the best for the country because he has stopped the security challenges of the country’. Nigerians will say ‘these are the people’, and eight years is just like two years. Eight years will come but if you are not prepared for it, it will come and meet you worse than eight years ago. They (South-East) have to be strategic.

Can the proposed alliance be termed as dead as many have claimed?

We are still flexible on the issue of running mate up till 15th of this month (July). We are waiting to get the right person. I’m so happy that there are many Nigerians. We have many options in the NNPP in the South to choose a good vice-presidential candidate; one of them is the Labour Party man (Peter Obi). Left to me, if it will solve the problem of the South-East and minimise the challenges of the region to the barest level, that’s why the NNPP wants to take its vice-president (from there). Under normal circumstances, anytime we are sworn in, because the problem is political, he (vice-president) will call the people and sit with them. At least, someone is there. If he likes, he can talk to them in Igbo (language) and see how it can be resolved. I am from the northern part of Nigeria and of course, everyone can tell that the solution to the happenings in my region is at our fingertips. It is just about talking to the people. As I said, no one is talking to them (people of the South-East). The Nigerian security agencies are above all the bandits, terrorists we have seen. It is just a matter of doing the right thing. We have the answer at our fingertips. If we add the political will, our young men and women who are in uniform will go and do their job.

https://punchng.com/igbo-still-at-the-bottom-of-national-politics-kwankwaso/

1 Like

Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by MadamVanessa(f): 6:55am On Jul 09, 2022
shocked

North that has been on top of politics for decades now, we've seen how north is so developed ogrin with the rate of almajiris littered everywhere, high level of illiteracy, poverty ravaged region, Bokoharam, Iswap and herdsmen conquering region.
North is so developed, they've really reap dividend of power. What a joke.grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by helinues: 6:56am On Jul 09, 2022
Meaning relegation is inevitable..

Toh
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Ebi2233: 6:56am On Jul 09, 2022
Very correct.

They can never be allowed to rule Nigeria they don't know politics.
They should stick to business that they cheat people on
No space to cheat people through presidency.
Igbo becoming president is like Arsenal taking the Champions league cup.
Impossible.
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by ExplorerReturns(m): 6:57am On Jul 09, 2022
Lol
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by helinues: 7:00am On Jul 09, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

North that has been on top of politics for decades now we've seen how north is so developed ogrin with the rate of almajiris littered everywhere, high level of illiteracy, poverty ravaged region, Bokoharam, Iswap and herdsmen conquering region. North is so developed, they've really reap dividend of power. What a joke

Remember, Obi's Vice is from North

1 Like

Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Ebi2233: 7:03am On Jul 09, 2022
helinues:

Remember, Obi's Vice is from North

Its of no use.
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Eddygourdo(m): 7:05am On Jul 09, 2022
He is very right. Igbos are at the bottom of politics. Igbos have you heard him. Don't forget it. He said that and it should be remembered.

That being said, kwankwaso is wasting his saliva. He is wasting his money as well. He is a serial loser and will also not be president of Nigeria (despite being at the top of politics).

Their years of being good in politics has ensured that his region In so backward in everything that his people are shoe makers in all regions.

Igbos don't know politics, but good He mentioned we know economics. Nigerias problem is economic and we have politicians trying to fix the economy. We now have an economic genius and he is igbo, and he will fix Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Karemarealty288(m): 7:07am On Jul 09, 2022
Ebi2233:
Very correct.

They can never be allowed to rule Nigeria they don't know politics.
They should stick to business that they cheat people on
No space to cheat people through presidency.
Igbo becoming president is like Arsenal taking the Champions league cup.
Impossible.

Hunger go kill you today, no go get job before you die on top Igbo matter. Non of your immediate family from top to bottom have ever and will never be among the Elites......its not a curse. Get get a life and leave Nairaland bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Ebi2233: 7:09am On Jul 09, 2022
Karemarealty288:

Hunger go kill you today, no go get job before you die on top Igbo matter. Non of your immediate family from top to bottom have ever and will never be among the Elites......its not a curse. Get get a life and leave Nairaland bigotry.

Hahaha Ijaw Republic I believe in.
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Karemarealty288(m): 7:11am On Jul 09, 2022
Ebi2233:

Get a life Buzu!
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Ebi2233: 7:12am On Jul 09, 2022
Karemarealty288:

Get a life Buzu!

Ijaw Republic is my lifestyle.
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Trapnews: 7:13am On Jul 09, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

North that has been on top of politics for decades now, we've seen how north is so developed ogrin with the rate of almajiris littered everywhere, high level of illiteracy, poverty ravaged region, Bokoharam, Iswap and herdsmen conquering region.
North is so developed, they've really reap dividend of power. What a joke.grin
It doesn't change the fact that they are on top. Kiss the truth, why are you people so toxic to the truth?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by MadamVanessa(f): 7:18am On Jul 09, 2022
Trapnews:

It doesn't change the fact that they are on top. Kiss the truth, why are you people so toxic to the truth?
shocked

What's the essence of bragging and making mouth that you're in power when there's nothing to show for these years that you've been in power? you're obviously indirectly mocking yourself and I will help in mocking you too.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by cenaman(m): 7:43am On Jul 09, 2022
OBI-DIENT
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by 2elliot: 7:58am On Jul 09, 2022
Ebi2233:

Ari sense fa
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by TimFisher2: 8:04am On Jul 09, 2022
Karemarealty288:

Get a life Buzu!

Just look at someone you are arguing with...

Someone that can not maintain a positive argument

He doesn't know what to say...he keeps mentioning Ijaw...ask him why you support your candidate...see him start blabbing and goofing

When you and your candidate have nothing to offer...you become a parasite to the global world

You get time for riffraff ooo
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Vulturereloaded: 8:05am On Jul 09, 2022
And where are Nigerians in the world poverty ranking?

Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Ebi2233: 8:06am On Jul 09, 2022
2elliot:
Ari sense fa

You are insulting your father not me
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by JBriel: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2022
Ebi2233:

You too like vawulence angry
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by aylagos(m): 8:12am On Jul 09, 2022
B
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by 2elliot: 8:16am On Jul 09, 2022
Ebi2233:

Ari kpo, idou kpo, osei sense fa. Gbaun.
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Ebi2233: 8:19am On Jul 09, 2022
2elliot:
Ari kpo, idou kpo, osei sense fa. Gbaun.

I will not answer any of your comments on naira land after this and you will be talking to yourself.
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by 2elliot: 8:24am On Jul 09, 2022
Ebi2233:

I will not answer any of your comments on naira land after this and you will be talking to yourself.
You are a kaikai "ekpetesi" addict. Jobless idiot.
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 09, 2022
The hausa Fulani and Yoruba that has been managing the country since then, what has been the result??

Nigerians are blinded with tribalism and I'm still questioning the reason for the fvcking Luger's useless amalgamation
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:57am On Jul 09, 2022
Lol
Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by shortIGBOman: 9:14am On Jul 09, 2022
Kwanwkaso is very correct. That's why Northerners are teaching IGBO how politics is done. grin

1 Share

Re: Igbo Still At The Bottom Of National Politics –kwankwaso by Ebi2233: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2022
2elliot:
You are a kaikai "ekpetesi" addict. Jobless idiot.

Mynd44 rule 2

(1) (Reply)

E Be Like Say Obi Go Win Oh???? / FG Failed To Rescue Us, I Pity Those Still In Custody – Freed Kaduna Train Attac / Seun Osewa Tweets About Tinubu Resurfaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.