Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,586 members, 7,847,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:07 PM

Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar (7954 Views)

Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race / Peter Obi Has Split Anambra Along Religious Lines - Dan Ulasi / Saraki ‘Under Intense Pressure’ To Step Down For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Ventura1: 10:43am On Feb 27, 2023
Your analysis was spot on, had Obi not decamp, Atiku chances would have been brighter.

And, if Obi had emerges PDP presidential candidate, the north bloc votes would have gone to Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 10:48am On Feb 27, 2023
FarahAideed:

Don't mind the flea brained clowns

Hosea 4:6.

All the Obi noisemakers for my end don calm down. This election na IQ test.

Opponents can rely on the id*ocy of these people.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Slynation(m): 11:00am On Feb 27, 2023
Gerrard59:

Oya naw...Go collect job for CID cheesy
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Raheeqilmaktoom: 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2023
Gerrard59:

Yes. That is the only way Tinubu can lose - if there is a re-run between him and Atiku. By then, Obi would not be contesting and Atiku gets an opportunity to re-gain his traditional SE & SS votes. However, if Tinubu wins it now, that is the end. Buhari already checkmated the issue of tribunal with a Yoruba CJN.

I warned my people, they refused to listen.

I don't see it going to a re-run self.

The 2 candidates both will have the required spread, so whoever gets a simple majority -even if a difference of 1 vote, wins.

With the way things are going, I think it's becoming a bit clear where we are heading.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by mycar: 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2023
Gerrard59:

Go and ask that question to people in the north west where Peter Obi can get fresh voters.
which north?
Adamawa, borno, kaduna, plateau , taraba, gombe,
you think like a kid
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 1:10pm On Feb 27, 2023
mycar:

which north?
Adamawa, borno, kaduna, plateau , taraba, gombe,
you think like a kid

Which of those states did your beloved Peter Obi win? You people literally spoilt everything for Atiku. Now, Tinubu will win the election. Apart from Kaduna, the rest are in the north east. Didn't I tell you people that he (Atiku) would win the north east? Lagos where Obi won has always been keenly contested with the PDP, did he perform in a similar way elsewhere in the SW?

Tell me which fresh vote Peter Obi got? He didn't even win Benue as acclaimed!

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Raalsalghul: 6:51pm On Feb 27, 2023
Gerrard59:

Peter Obi is better qualified than Atiku, but Peter Obi at, this current state of affairs in Nigeria, cannot win votes in the north west - where fresh voters are needed. Peter Obi did not gain fresh voters - none whatsoever. He snatched votes from Atiku yet has not won a single state. Atiku was the only formidable person against Tinubu not Peter Obi.

I told my parents and siblings last year. My dad disagreed, my mom agreed. My siblings disagreed.

I warned them. I really warned them.

Sha, I will comment later to mock the modafvckers who foolishly disagreed with me. When analysing Nigeria's problems, you always expect the worst to happen and prepare for it. Don't ever expect the best, always expect the worst.

God knows I am extremely good at gloating people. Chai! I am so good at it. My mom dreads me for it. It is why she follows all my
predictions in every aspect of life. And you know what? I have never failed in any of those predictions. grin

Later, I will predict something else.

But sha, I warned them. Posterity would have it that I did my best. cool

With it being very clear that Tinubu will emerge the winner of the elections, what's your prediction for the state of affairs in the next eight years of his rule.

At least, make guys start to dey prepare.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:53pm On Feb 27, 2023
Raalsalghul:

With it being very clear that Tinubu will emerge the winner of the elections, what's your prediction for the state of affairs in the next eight years of his rule.

I can make some but it won't be palatable

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Raalsalghul: 6:56pm On Feb 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I can make some but it won't be palatable

At this point, I don't care oh.

Early preparations is better than nothing.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 2:32am On Feb 28, 2023
Raalsalghul:

1. A Muslim northerner will succeed Tinubu after eight years. The Muslim northerner will choose a Yoruba Muslim as his running mate. The bigwigs in APC SW are mostly Muslims. With Tinubu's presidency, they will cement their influence and power. Which means, for 24 uninterrupted years, Muslims will head Nigeria. The influence of the church will decline as division creeps in. Already, the elections have shown that Nigerian Christians are not united in the face of Muslim-Muslim presidency. Like I predicted on Twitter last year, should APC win in 2023, no Christian would get into Aso Rock for the next 16 years.

2. In two decades, Nigeria's Muslim population will not only increase by influence, but by actual numbers. Maximum of 30 years, I expect Nigeria to have a solidified Muslim majority, and becoming an Islamic Republic. Christians would be economically disadvantaged with some conevrting to Islam and these rich Muslims marrying the daughters of Christians, including those in the south south and south east. The Christian men are obviously very poor due to limited economic opportunities and a large number having relocated. Men japa more than women. These women cannot remain single forever. This is already happening in Northern Nigeria and will extend to the east. During the relentless onslaught towards Northern Nigeria's Christians two years ago, I told someone who mimcks as a geopolitical analyst that Nigeria will have a Muslim majority by 2050. He said I was talking nonsense. Last year, he saw that Christians' birth rates in the south have declined while the north keeps increasing. Add the economic destruction Northern Christians have faced, it means their population has declined further. Expect to see Ezinne Mohammed and Ekaette Umar. grin

3. As for igbos in a Tinubu's administration, they should expect economic warfare. Buhari did military warfare, expect economic destruction. The kind of Yorubas who support APC feverntly DO NOT like Igbos. They will do everything in their powers to deal with Igbos economically. With people like El-Rufai and Shettima, the job will done clinically. Igbos go get crumbs (assuming they get anything in the first place). These events will further reduce the wealth and birth rates of Igbos. Again, as an Igbo person, it is better you build your wealth and investment outside Nigeria. I stated this, but got insulted. As usual, when it happens, I will be here to gloat.

4. Y'all start learning Yoruba o and the Koran. It will be very important in seeking contracts and plum federal jobs.

5. As for the economy, the south west and the north will benefit economically. The rest of the country won't. Nigeria as a whole will not prosper because of the ethnic fractures - divisive countries never prosper. Since the south west will benefit economically, it is why number 4 is very important.

As usual, some will curse me and say I am lying. But as usual, I will be here to remind them and gloat. grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 8:30am On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

1. A Muslim northerner will succeed Tinubu after eight years. The Muslim northerner will choose a Yoruba Muslim as his running mate. The bigwigs in APC SW are mostly Muslims. With Tinubu's presidency, they will cement their influence and power. Which means, for 24 uninterrupted years, Muslims will head Nigeria. The influence of the church will decline as division creeps in. Already, the elections have shown that Nigerian Christians are not united in the face of Muslim-Muslim presidency. Like I predicted on Twitter last year, should APC win in 2023, no Christian would get into Aso Rock for the next 16 years.

2. In two decades, Nigeria's Muslim population will not only increase by influence, but by actual numbers. Maximum of 30 years, I expect Nigeria to have a solidified Muslim majority, and becoming an Islamic Republic. Christians would be economically disadvantaged with some conevrting to Islam and these rich Muslims marrying the daughters of Christians, including those in the south south and south east. The Christian men are obviously very poor due to limited economic opportunities and a large number having relocated. Men japa more than women. These women cannot remain single forever. This is already happening in Northern Nigeria and will extend to the east. During the relentless onslaught towards Northern Nigeria's Christians two years ago, I told someone who mimcks as a geopolitical analyst that Nigeria will have a Muslim majority by 2050. He said I was talking nonsense. Last year, he saw that Christians' birth rates in the south have declined while the north keeps increasing. Add the economic destruction Northern Christians have faced, it means their population has declined further. Expect to see Ezinne Mohammed and Ekaette Umar. grin

3. As for igbos in a Tinubu's administration, they should expect economic warfare. Buhari did military warfare, expect economic destruction. The kind of Yorubas who support APC feverntly DO NOT like Igbos. They will do everything in their powers to deal with Igbos economically. With people like El-Rufai and Shettima, the job will done clinically. Igbos go get crumbs (assuming they get anything in the first place). These events will further reduce the wealth and birth rates of Igbos. Again, as an Igbo person, it is better you build your wealth and investment outside Nigeria. I stated this, but got insulted. As usual, when it happens, I will be here to gloat.

4. Y'all start learning Yoruba o and the Koran. It will be very important in seeking contracts and plum federal jobs.

5. As for the economy, the south west and the north will benefit economically. The rest of the country won't. Nigeria as a whole will not prosper because of the ethnic fractures - divisive countries never prosper. Since the south west will benefit economically, it is why number 4 is very important.

As usual, some will curse me and say I am lying. But as usual, I will be here to remind them and gloat. grin grin grin grin

I'm not as pessimistic as you are about the overall trajectory.

I wasn't surprised by Buhari's malfeasance. But I will be if Tinubu fails to perform on key indices like infrastructure, manufacturing, education, health, agriculture.

On security matters, I do not expect improvement.

I think one aspect you're omitting in your long term predictions is that no one likes a loser. Obi outperformed this year, but when he continues losing election year after year without fail, Christians in vulnerable areas will return to PDP and recognize the dire straits they're in. Hopefully, that would not be too late.

Understandably, this will be known as the Islamic golden era in Nigeria, but a lot is still in flux.

That said, I used to be concerned about Islamic domination in Nigeria, I'm not anymore. Nigerian Christians deserve all the punishment they'll receive. Amaechi, SW, and NE Christians were used to usher in Buhari. Now Obi and Wike have ushered in a Muslim Muslim ticket. In 2031, there will be another Christian willing to do the hatchet job. If Christians are unlucky, they'll only realize their folly when it is too late.

Worse, if Tinubu performs in terms of the economy as I expect, that'd be an extra feather in their cap. Because then you'd have a very vocal percentage of Christians trade the cassock for their stomach; using the competence line.

-Lord
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:39am On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

Story. All of Nigeria will suffer economically under a tinubu presidency. What did northerners enjoy under buhari.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

I'm not as pessimistic as you are about the overall trajectory.

I wasn't surprised by Buhari's malfeasance. But I will be if Tinubu fails to perform on key indices like infrastructure, manufacturing, education, health, agriculture.

On security matters, I do not expect improvement.

I think one aspect you're omitting in your long term predictions is that no one likes a loser. Obi outperformed this year, but when he continues losing election year after year without fail, Christians in vulnerable areas will return to PDP and recognize the dire straits they're in. Hopefully, that would not be too late.

Understandably, this will be known as the Islamic golden era in Nigeria, but a lot is still in flux.

That said, I used to be concerned about Islamic domination in Nigeria, I'm not anymore. Nigerian Christians deserve all the punishment they'll receive. Amaechi, SW, and NE Christians were used to usher in Buhari. Now Obi and Wike have ushered in a Muslim Muslim ticket. In 2031, there will be another Christian willing to do the hatchet job. If Christians are unlucky, they'll only realize their folly when it is too late.

Worse, if Tinubu performs in terms of the economy as I expect, that'd be an extra feather in their cap. Because then you'd have a very vocal percentage of Christians trade the cassock for their stomach; using the competence line.

-Lord

How much are you willing to bet. Tinubu will be 100 times worst than buhari in every indices available.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 8:49am On Feb 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

How much are you willing to bet. Tinubu will be 100 times worst than buhari in every indices available.

Tinubu WILL NOT be worse than Buhari. Not even if he tried to be worse than Buhari.

I see Tinubu as an Obasanjo who just happens to be Muslim.

Of course, I opposed him because of the elements he chose to get in bed with. And I remain uneasy about the kind of backroom deals he's made with them. But if you're going to pile on the man, you'll need to share specifics

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by MuchAdo: 8:52am On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

Tinubu WILL NOT be worse than Buhari. Not even if he tried to be worse than Buhari.

Of course, I opposed him because of the elements he chose to get in bed with. And I remain uneasy about the kind of backroom deals he's made with them. But if you're going to pile on the man, you'll need to share specifics

-Lord

Where are we bro? cool

Where are your much anticipated Atiku's huge figures from the north? cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 8:54am On Feb 28, 2023
MuchAdo:

Where are we bro? cool

Where are your much anticipated Atiku's huge figures from the north? cheesy cool

The Northern votes came in.

Obi wrecked him in the South and Christian North.

We move.

-Lord
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by MuchAdo: 8:59am On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

The Northern votes came in.

Obi wrecked him in the South and Christian North.

We move.

-Lord

Did Tinubu outperform expectations in the core north? Yes or no.

Tinubu won the North Central as expected. cool

From the onset, I had stated on the platform severally that Obi was indirectly working for Tinubu. cheesy
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 9:05am On Feb 28, 2023
MuchAdo:

Did Tinubu outperform expectations in the core north? Yes or no.

Tinubu won the North Central as expected. cool

From the onset, I had stated on the platform severally that Obi was indirectly working for Tinubu. cheesy

Tinubu underperformed in the core North based on projections.

North Central is not core North.

Everyone with more than two brain cells knew Obi was working for Tinubu.

It's all good. Let's have a peaceful transition. The way the Obidients are taking their loss is concerning.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:07am On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

-Lord

Well watch and see. As for me and gerrard59 we remain pessimistic about the future of Nigeria and Africa in every indices available

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by MuchAdo: 9:12am On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

It's all good. Let's have a peaceful transition. The way the Obidients are taking their loss is concerning.

-Lord

The bolded is where you and I are still in disagreement.

How can anyone expect Tinubu to win the core north hands down against a Fulani man Even Abiola NEVER did!

But for Kwankwaso, Atiku may have even done far better. Kwankwaso was also working for Tinubu possibly on OBJ's instruction. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 9:31am On Feb 28, 2023
MuchAdo:

The bolded is where you and I are still in disagreement.

How can anyone expect Tinubu to win the core north hands down against a Fulani man Even Abiola NEVER did!

But for Kwankwaso, Atiku may have even done far better. Kwankwaso was also working for Tinubu possibly on OBJ's instruction. cheesy

I'm over the election.

This was a comment I made in June 2022.

LordAdam16:
That is UNTRUE!

None of the three frontrunners will ever be worse than Buhari. Not Atiku, not Tinubu, not Obi.

In fact, none of those made men are Buhari's mate in terms of governance. The country has wasted 8 years, partly because Tinubu and Atiku backed Buhari. But that f**lish decision primarily based on personal ambition does not, in any way, take away from the credentials of both men.

You cannot say Obasanjo is one of the best leaders of this country, and ignore Atiku who was part of his government.
You cannot say Lagos is the best run state in the nation, and ignore the indisputable leader of the largest political faction that has held sway in the state for over two decades.

Nigerians should queue behind either Atiku or Tinubu. I prefer Atiku. But neither will be terrible for this country. Obi and Kwankwaso are only building their profile for future contests.

Those that want to japa, should japa. Those that want to stay (or have no choice but to stay) should stay.

I sha hope you benefit from the federal representation. It'll be 16 years of Yoruba presence in the center by 2031. If you don't have anything to point to but NL partisan support, you're on a long thing. The OP is not in this country, most other commenters here are comfortable.

All of these musings are because we can't just sit idly by while things go to hell in a hand basket. But it appears while we're looking at the map, stars, and compass to chart our course, simpletons are self-sabotaging by punching holes in the boat.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by MuchAdo: 9:35am On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

I'm over the election.

This was a comment I made in June 2022.

Those that want to japa, should japa. Those that want to stay (or have no choice but to stay) should stay.

I sha hope you benefit from the federal representation. It'll be 16 years of Yoruba presence in the center by 2031. If you don't have anything to point to but NL partisan support, you're on a long thing. The OP is not in this country, most other commenters here are comfortable.

All of these musings are because we can't just sit idly by while things go to hell in a hand basket. But it appears while we're looking at the map, stars, and compass to chart our course, simpletons are self-sabotaging by punching holes in the boat.

-Lord

You won't anwer my question. No wahala. smiley
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Achobaisiochu: 9:44am On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

Only God will punish you for writing this rubbish! Ewu hausa!

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by demanuel(m): 9:47am On Feb 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

You may be partly right, but the new elite class will be Muslims.
The poor will continuously increase regardless of religion.

Practically speaking, nothing will change at the grassroot level to enhance the livelihood of the critical mass.
Again, it has nothing to do with religion.
Religion knew no naira redesign, fuel scarcity, end sars, just as religion knew no large scale poverty in Nigeria.

The only difference the Muslim-Muslim ticket will make, is to guarantee a Muslim remains in aso rock into the foreseeable future.

At the basic level in Nigeria, majority of the poor will still be Muslims, particularly those in the North.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Ruggedniggaone: 10:05am On Feb 28, 2023
seunlayi:

Just before the election, I was sharing something similar in why obi need to step down for PDP to wrestle power from APC.

Tell Peter to realign with his boss towards 2027. Obi can't win this 2023 but he stands the best candidate for 2027 which he can easily get with his current rating which he has build. PDP am sure will be willing to work with him rather than those ranting G5

******₦
Talk to your dad to allign with PDP for now, all he got now can't get him to Aso rock. He should not allow Tinubu camp to continue pretending to be on his side whereas, their mission is just to divide opposition votes. We need to team up to pay back for their 8yrs misrule and send that old Tinubu that forced Buhari on us packing

if there is one man that loves South East so much after Obasanjo is no other person but Atiku. Leave propaganda alone and go and do your checks.

The Obi we are all shouting and breaking our voice for was brought into the federal limelight by Atiku. Till just now, Atiku has never lashed on Obi and Obi has not done the same. Obi knows Atiku is his principal. So i will not spark fire where i am not suppose to do so. Do you get?

Only fools who are too lazy, too dumb to dig facts go the propaganda way, i don't and i won't do that. The APC thought they can bank on Wike's stupidity to ride back to power but i thank God the guys in PDP are very smart this time they got APC in their own trap and trust me for the very first time APC is gone. Maybe by next election we can be talking about something else but not that BAT of a thing. God forbid!

And many more but they all get loss in Obi's movement. How easy it would have be to oust APC and power March to the south by 2027
anybody with working brain knows that a vote for Obi is a vote for thiefnubuu no two way about it,we told them they insulted us calling us names,if the whole election is cancelled and all the candidates recontest in free and fair election as long as Obi and his movement remain in the race thiefnubuu will still win forget about the rigging or no rigging Obi will only try he will still come third behind Atiku and thiefnubuu and Tinubu will still win. Obidiense have senselessly elected thiefnubuu with his Muslim muslim ticket and he will still win 2027 election because he will be the one to preside over 2027 election and he will rig it again whether you like it or not.I will never forgive Peter Obi and his senseless movement for this catastrophe called thiefnubuu

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by emmaodet: 10:41am On Feb 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Well watch and see. As for me and gerrard59 we remain pessimistic about the future of Nigeria and Africa in every indices available

Pls add me too
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by bennyflipy(m): 11:10am On Feb 28, 2023
I've been preaching this for long, but these foolish Obi supporters wouldn't listen, rather they'll rain all manner of insults on you.

The church and pastors were busy deceiving people.
You can't have a division in your house and succeed.

That was one of the reasons I started supporting tinubu with my full chest.

If you remove the Muslim-Muslim ticket, tinubu is even the best candidate.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Think9ja(m): 11:15am On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

-Lord

Atiku's biggest regret in life would be picking Obi as his running mate in 2019. No one knew Obi's name in Abuja prior to becoming Atiku's running mate in 2019. Had Atiku not made Obi popular, not many people would have keyed into his Obidient movement. I tried everything within my ability to convince my friends and family to vote Atiku, but the lack of foresight in them didn't allow them see the big picture. Now they are all praying for a re-run so that they could correct their mistakes. I just look at them like fools.

I on the other hand is ready and happy for a Tinubu presidency. Even if the elections go to a run off btwn Tinubu and Obi, I will vote Tinubu..

Atiku was the most prepared candidate for the presidency in my opinion.

For this guy to know spend thirty years of his life looking for this thing, I think it goes beyond desperation. I see it as passion.

But it just wasn't meant to be
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordAdam16: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
Think9ja:

Atiku's biggest regret in life would be picking Obi as his running mate in 2019. No one knew Obi's name in Abuja prior to becoming Atiku's running mate in 2019. Had Atiku not made Obi popular, not many people would have keyed into his Obidient movement. I tried everything within my ability to convince my friends and family to vote Atiku, but the lack of foresight in them didn't allow them see the big picture. Now they are all praying for a re-run so that they could correct their mistakes. I just look at them like fools.

I on the other hand is ready and happy for a Tinubu presidency. Even if the elections go to a run off btwn Tinubu and Obi, I will vote Tinubu..

Atiku was the most prepared candidate for the presidency in my opinion.

For this guy to know spend thirty years of his life looking for this thing, I think it goes beyond desperation. I see it as passion.

But it just wasn't meant to be

I'll vote Obi in a rerun, because it aligns with my political family's interest and for posterity. Let no one say we worked against their candidate because of bitterness. And the SE voted en masse for GEJ, we owe them.

But I would not begrudge anyone for voting Tinubu. The North, Muslim Middle Belt, and SW will be best served voting for Tinubu.

About Atiku's choice in 2019, hindsight in 20:20. GEJ and a lot of Southern elders insisted on Obi. He was being groomed for the Presidency since 2014. If GEJ had won in 2015, Obi would have still been the VP designate in 2019 even if an Imam became the flagbearer.

Obi pulled the rug from our feet with his LP move. There are a lot of powerful people that will not forgive him if Tinubu wins. Because he just made our lives and jobs harder.

After vouching for him to the Waziri, he went and worked for Tinubu. All these Tambuwal and Rufai style politics of deception.

The Waziri has just become a victim of his liberalism. This is how we lose our friends in the North. The likes of Saraki and Shekarau will look at this turn of events and realize that there is no benefit to being cosmopolitan. Because ignorant oafs will just destroy what you've spent years building on a whim.

As for Obidients, this is why we need strong, visionary leaders. The likes of Afenifere, PANDEF, and MBF were pushing Obi; when they should have cautioned him. Dogara and Soludo tried but were attacked. The average person can be easily misled with trinkets. Leaders point the low-information followers in the direction that best serves their interests. But we don't have that and Obi had free reign to deliver for Tinubu. Okowa's kinsmen voted against him near a new state university he built for their children.

I thought 2015 was bad, 2023 takes the cake.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Raheeqilmaktoom: 12:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

I'll vote Obi in a rerun, because it aligns with my political family's interest and for posterity. Let no one say we worked against their candidate because of bitterness. And the SE voted en masse for GEJ, we owe them.

But I would not begrudge anyone for voting Tinubu. The North, Muslim Middle Belt, and SW will be best served voting for Tinubu.

About Atiku's choice in 2019, hindsight in 20:20. GEJ and a lot of Southern elders insisted on Obi. He was being groomed for the Presidency since 2014. If GEJ had won in 2015, Obi would have still been the VP designate in 2019 even if an Imam became the flagbearer.

Obi pulled the rug from our feet with his LP move. There are a lot of powerful people that will not forgive him if Tinubu wins. Because he just made our lives and jobs harder.

After vouching for him to the Waziri, he went and worked for Tinubu. All these Tambuwal and Rufai style politics of deception.

The Waziri has just become a victim of his liberalism. This is how we lose our friends in the North. The likes of Saraki and Shekarau will look at this turn of events and realize that there is no benefit to being cosmopolitan. Because ignorant oafs will just destroy what you've spent years building on a whim.

As for Obidients, this is why we need strong, visionary leaders. The likes of Afenifere, PANDEF, and MBF, Ohanaze and elder statesmen from these regions were pushing Obi; when they should have cautioned him. Dogara and Soludo tried but were attacked. The average person can be easily misled with trinkets. Leaders point the low-information followers in the direction that best serves their interests. But we don't have that and Obi had free reign to deliver for Tinubu. Okowa's kinsmen voted against him near a new state university he built for their children.

I thought 2015 was bad, 2023 takes the cake.

-Lord

At a time, I thought 'what in God's name are these people thinking'.

A former Minister from the East, an elder was in the front row of the mob attacking Soludo, he can't see what Secondary students could, for whatever reason, only God knows.

At least, now everybody's eye don clear.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Parachoko: 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
mycar:

So, it's christians that will vote for Muslim president?
The joke is on you 🤡🤡
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Parachoko: 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
post=114688564:
[s][/s]
Nonsense post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘Stop Panic Buying’ — NNPC Assures Nigerians Of 30-Day Petrol Stock / Estimated Population Of Lagos State / Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.