Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,314 members, 7,853,462 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:06 PM

Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar (7971 Views)

Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race / Peter Obi Has Split Anambra Along Religious Lines - Dan Ulasi / Saraki ‘Under Intense Pressure’ To Step Down For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
bennyflipy:

Obidense

You people don't see pass your nose, I won't blame.

Adiós.
Blame your warped reasoning. Swine.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by LordTheus(m): 2:29am On Mar 01, 2023
LordAdam16:

Tinubu WILL NOT be worse than Buhari. Not even if he tried to be worse than Buhari.

I see Tinubu as an Obasanjo who just happens to be Muslim.

Of course, I opposed him because of the elements he chose to get in bed with. And I remain uneasy about the kind of backroom deals he's made with them. But if you're going to pile on the man, you'll need to share specifics

-Lord

I'd like to hear your arguments for the bolded.

I'd also like to hear your thoughts on Tinubu's present physical and mental status, based on what we've observed going into the elections, and why you believe he's fit for the office. 2007 is a long _fucking time ago. Tinubu isn't the man he was then.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by seguno2: 12:23am On May 16, 2023
Gerrard59:
The 2023 presidential election is less than seven months away. There are three contenders, even though Peter Obi happens to be largely a pretender in my opinion. Tinubu has chosen Shettima to be his VP candidate, Atiku chose Okowa and Peter chose Yusuf. However, of the trio, Tinubu’s choice is the most controversial as it is a Muslim-Muslim ticket, which is very insensitive to the 100M+ Christian populace. To be honest, this choice increases Tinubu’s probability amongst the Muslim community in Nigeria, especially in the north-west and north-east. This brings me to the topic: Peter Obi cannot win in those regions as they will not vote for a Christian when there are two alternatives where Muslims hold sway. In the north-west, Tinubu has a greater probability of winning there as his combination resonates with the populace. Kwankwaso has said he has no problems with the choice he made but with his platform. This means when push comes to shove, he will step down for Tinubu so that BAT’s chances of winning Kano with a wide margin come to fruition. In the north-east where Shettima and Atiku come from, Peter Obi’s odds further decline as indigenes there will rather their sons than someone else.

In the south-west, Tinubu is expected to win. Don’t allow anyone to deceive you that Tinubu will lose his backyard. Yorubas don’t involve religion during elections as they are roughly divided across three religions amidst themselves. Tinubu is seen as a God figure and when the chips are down, the vast majority will tilt towards voting for the APC. However, there exists a section of Yoruba voters especially the Christians who might not/will not vote for the APC or alternatively abstain from voting due to the insensitivity of Tinubu’s choice considering the wanton killings the Christian community has experienced in Nigeria within the last seven years. The massacre in the Catholic Church at Owo rings a bell. To these people, alternatives exist in Atiku and Peter but here is it: due to what I cannot describe as the rivalry between Igbos and Yorubas, the vast majority of these Yoruba Christians will not vote for an Igbo man. They will/might be shamed, mocked at or derided or whatever, but they won’t vote for Peter Obi and/or rather cast their votes for Atiku. On the other hand, Yoruba Muslims will never vote for an Igbo man, certainly not when an illustrious son of theirs has a strong likelihood of becoming the president.

In the north-central, Tinubu’s prospects are pretty significant as people, especially the Muslims in Kwara will vote for him. The same thing in Nasarrawa, Kogi, and Niger especially as the vast majority of people in IDP camps are Christians. Benue, for instance, has one of the highest concentrations of IDPs thereby making them unqualified to vote. His chances in Plateau and Benue are very low but APC’s structures there can deliver the minimum requirement of 25% to scale through. In the south-south and south-east, Tinubu’s chances are extremely low considering he never campaigned in the south-east and only campaigned in Delta and Cross River states in the south-south during the APC presidential primaries. Effectively, he believes he won’t win in those regions, and rightfully so. In fact, I predict that Tinubu will not campaign during the campaign season in any of the south-eastern states and only in Cross River considering the influence of Okowa in Delta. He might substitute Delta with Akwa Ibom but that is it, just two states in the south-south and none in the south-east. The south-south and south-east together are home to the vast majority of Christians in Nigeria. They will not be receptive to a Muslim-Muslim presidency.

The man who saw tomorrow, without claiming to hear from God as a prophet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Iqtest: 11:31am On Oct 25, 2023
seguno2:

The man who saw tomorrow, without claiming to hear from God as a prophet.
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by seguno2: 11:37am On Oct 25, 2023
post=114688564:
[s]Nonsense post

More than a year later, do you still think that it was a nonsense post
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2023
OGA ade sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by seguno2: 9:00am On Jan 27
Kendo999:
Vote peter obi for president

How far now? Eyes don clear?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by seguno2: 9:02am On Jan 27
Vistra40:
I have noticed recently that PDP people have come up with a new strategy of trying to pressure Peter obi for stepping down for Atiku. Guess what guys, this strategy is dead on arrival

Just as our country is dying because Peter Obi’s desperation helped Tinubu win

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by DevilsEqual(m): 11:45am On Jan 27
cybersoldiers:

What if he wins?

Its only Yoruba's that tells you that Peter Obi will not win. Not Nigerians.

So did he later win? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by DevilsEqual(m): 11:55am On Jan 27
Drfernandez:
You are naive politically and otherwise. Your little brain did not tell you that unlike the 1993 election where the two-party system was in place and was a two-horse race between NRC and SDP, which largely contributed to SDP victory, that it is not the same in the 2023 election.

The fact that you failed to tell yourself the truth that Atiku would do better than Tinubu in the entire North using your sentimental analogy, shows that you are completely naive.

The election will be Peter Obi's to lose, so he is winning by all indices available so far.

So going by what eventually panned out, who dey naive pass between Gerrad59 and u

Answer yourself sir cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by seguno2: 11:59am On Jan 27
buckeyemedia:
Let Peter Obi continue deceiving himself, & not support Pdp to give them a chance, then you Obidients should start preparing your congratulatory message for Bola Tinubu.

Another blessed Nigerian who knows how to read political signs.
Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 12:10pm On Jan 27
Posterity would have it that I tried. When Nigeria fully becomes an Islamic Republic, I will show my children this thread so they understand how it became possible.

Start learning how to slam your heads five times daily. My own be say, my women will adorn bag of garri as a dress. But before then, I would have to enjoy their bodies so that posterity would have it that I did what a man had to do.

God bless Nigeria! grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Karleb(m): 3:54pm On Jan 27
Gerrard59:

1. A Muslim northerner will succeed Tinubu after eight years. The Muslim northerner will choose a Yoruba Muslim as his running mate. The bigwigs in APC SW are mostly Muslims. With Tinubu's presidency, they will cement their influence and power. Which means, for 24 uninterrupted years, Muslims will head Nigeria. The influence of the church will decline as division creeps in. Already, the elections have shown that Nigerian Christians are not united in the face of Muslim-Muslim presidency. Like I predicted on Twitter last year, should APC win in 2023, no Christian would get into Aso Rock for the next 16 years.

2. In two decades, Nigeria's Muslim population will not only increase by influence, but by actual numbers. Maximum of 30 years, I expect Nigeria to have a solidified Muslim majority, and becoming an Islamic Republic. Christians would be economically disadvantaged with some conevrting to Islam and these rich Muslims marrying the daughters of Christians, including those in the south south and south east. The Christian men are obviously very poor due to limited economic opportunities and a large number having relocated. Men japa more than women. These women cannot remain single forever. This is already happening in Northern Nigeria and will extend to the east. During the relentless onslaught towards Northern Nigeria's Christians two years ago, I told someone who mimcks as a geopolitical analyst that Nigeria will have a Muslim majority by 2050. He said I was talking nonsense. Last year, he saw that Christians' birth rates in the south have declined while the north keeps increasing. Add the economic destruction Northern Christians have faced, it means their population has declined further. Expect to see Ezinne Mohammed and Ekaette Umar. grin

3. As for igbos in a Tinubu's administration, they should expect economic warfare. Buhari did military warfare, expect economic destruction. The kind of Yorubas who support APC feverntly DO NOT like Igbos. They will do everything in their powers to deal with Igbos economically. With people like El-Rufai and Shettima, the job will done clinically. Igbos go get crumbs (assuming they get anything in the first place). These events will further reduce the wealth and birth rates of Igbos. Again, as an Igbo person, it is better you build your wealth and investment outside Nigeria. I stated this, but got insulted. As usual, when it happens, I will be here to gloat.

4. Y'all start learning Yoruba o and the Koran. It will be very important in seeking contracts and plum federal jobs.

5. As for the economy, the south west and the north will benefit economically. The rest of the country won't. Nigeria as a whole will not prosper because of the ethnic fractures - divisive countries never prosper. Since the south west will benefit economically, it is why number 4 is very important.

As usual, some will curse me and say I am lying. But as usual, I will be here to remind them and gloat. grin grin grin grin

That number 5 is actually not true o.

I'm Yoruba and I will keep saying this, there's nothing southwest is benefiting from APC and Tinubu, infact, a yoruba person is more likely to suffer under Tinubu because they believe he will do something.

One of my people said you need to break eggs to make omelette. grin

While an igbo man understands he is danger and is fully prepared for the inevitable, a yoruba man would give his life Tinubu, a lot of them have done that.

I mean, this same people jubilated when Tinubu won and promised to remove subsidy.

Anyway, the best way to enjoy what is left of this country as a common man is to elected good leaders from the Governor, down to the local government chairman and counselor.

There are some communities in Nigeria that are enjoying the amenities. From good road to water, to electricity.

Look at Abia for example, Ipazu was more wicked than Buhari but Otti has righted the of his predecessors within months and In Ondo state, Ayedatiwa has paid the salary owed by 2 governors before him.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Gerrard59(m): 12:58pm On Jan 28
Karleb:

That number 5 is actually not true o.

I'm Yoruba and I will keep saying this, there's nothing southwest is benefiting from APC and Tinubu, infact, a yoruba person is more likely to suffer under Tinubu because they believe he will do something.

You mean all the appointments by Tinubu no dey benefit the average Yoruba person? I honestly doubt. Contracts and jobs based on recommendations should be flowing towards to you people. I am being serious here.

While an igbo man understands he is danger and is fully prepared for the inevitable, a yoruba man would give his life Tinubu, a lot of them have done that.

Well, the history of Nigeria has taught us hard lessons. Only ignoramuses would say otherwise.

I mean, this same people jubilated when Tinubu won and promised to remove subsidy.

Subsidy had to go. My annoyance is that the same Tinubu connived and ganged up against Jonathan who did the same thing at the right time. It is that dishonesty and cruelty that I detest. And we know why he did so.

Anyway, the best way to enjoy what is left of this country as a common man is to elected good leaders from the Governor, down to the local government chairman and counselor.

There are some communities in Nigeria that are enjoying the amenities. From good road to water, to electricity.

Look at Abia for example, Ipazu was more wicked than Buhari but Otti has righted the of his predecessors within months and In Ondo state, Ayedatiwa has paid the salary owed by 2 governors before him.

That is true. Governanceis is local. But issues like the persistent slaughtering of people by Fulani Islamic terrorists while the state government is helpless and hapless show that the federal government has to weigh in. The Abia dude was wicked, ditto Aketi. I don't rate Nigerian elites o. I really do not rate them.
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Paraman: 1:15pm On Jan 28
cybersoldiers:

What if he wins?

Its only Yoruba's that tells you that Peter Obi will not win. Not Nigerians.
Nigerians have spoken

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Paraman: 1:37pm On Jan 28
Drfernandez:
You are naive politically and otherwise. Your little brain did not tell you that unlike the 1993 election where the two-party system was in place and was a two-horse race between NRC and SDP, which largely contributed to SDP victory, that it is not the same in the 2023 election.

The fact that you failed to tell yourself the truth that Atiku would do better than Tinubu in the entire North using your sentimental analogy, shows that you are completely naive.

The election will be Peter Obi's to lose, so he is winning by all indices available so far.
Tinubu defeated Atiku in the north west and north central
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Paraman: 1:38pm On Jan 28
Gerrard59:

With who as the president if I may ask?
Tinubu
Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Paraman: 1:43pm On Jan 28
mbos:
senseless post

be obidient
😂

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Paraman: 1:43pm On Jan 28
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Everybody is an asiwaju man according to tinubu urchins lol.Kwankwanso is on the ballot already, he is not stepping down for any southerner. Northerners would always support their own, all those men you called are even Atiku men.
A lot of you knows nothing about politics

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Paraman: 1:46pm On Jan 28
JoeNL22:

This your article shows you don't understand mathematics and analysis at all.
Tinubu should be the one begging Peter obi to step down.
As it stands the presidential elections have been divided into 2 different sets of people, Obi(young people and Christians) Atiku, kwankwanso and Tinubu (old people and muslims).
The north is now divided into Atiku and Tinubu
The south is Obi. The truth is Tinubu can't win 50% of the north. And he(tinubu) can't win without the south.
Worst case they scenario, they will be a run off.
You sabi maths well well 😁

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by Paraman: 1:48pm On Jan 28
Eddygourdo:

PS: if your group knew how to play politics , they should have smelt the coffee and not made all the political gaffes they made. PDP will come third or fourth in the elections.
The arrogance of obidients is insane grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar by SuperOnyi: 8:13pm On Feb 06
shocked

Bro saw it coming 💀💀💀

As for me, I just sit my ass down grinding every Nigerian election because I already know the outcome grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Denies Breaching Electoral Act On Display Of Voter  Register / 4 Osun NNPP NASS Candidates Dump Kwankwaso, Back Tinubu / Election Is Coming, Dollar To Naira Dramatically Falls To 184 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.