Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments (21580 Views)

Powerful Herbalist And Ogboni Cult Ruler Gives His Life To Christ. / Famous American Actor SYLVESTER STALLONE Has Surrender His Life To Jesus Christ / Freethinker Of The Month: Tai Solarin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^^^

while the Islamic extremist group in Nigerian are seeing Western education as an abomination or rather infidel's.

However, Western education is the foundation of modern Sciences.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by vedaxcool(m): 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^^^^

grin grin grin grin, where did you run to, I thought your time off will provide you with the opportunity to read and educate yourself more, rather you came back with expensive and tasteless jokes

divinereal:

As a multi ethnic and multi religious country that Nigeria is it is impossible to advocate for a non secular or theocratic state

grin grin grin grin, maybe you have never heard of federalism. let me overlook your ignorance, as it is possible to advocate for a multi religious state that is where fedralism comes in play, but as i understand, you do not know much of anything, so let me not put you to task.

divinereal:

Dude are you still beating down that path that Islam somehow represents some superior moral order?? Sorry to inform you but Quranic law, Sharia, Islamic law (whatever you may call it) DOES NOT represent the "Law of God" for majority of the human species. It is alien and represents 7th century Bedouin barbarity from the Arabian desert. It has never worked in history and is a Utopian idea.   You claim that according to the Quran there is "no compulsion in religion" so point to an Islamic state that does not oppress it religious minorities? Nigeria will be divided before such a legal framework is ever applied to the entire country and if our values are not in sync then the country should be divided.

If you do not understand the point one is making do be objective enough to ask for clarification, that is what rational and scientific people do, or have failed to evolve  to the stage where you can rationally address a question or seek clarification? my point was simply, that In Islamic state the Masjid never dictates to the govt, where did I ask for Nigeria to become an Islamic state, when atheist can not match superior argument they resort to answering questions that were never asked or thought of, I was showing you the distinction between an Islamic state and a Christian state. QED

divinereal:

Any institution that does not have checks and balances enables corruption to thrive including religious institutions and doctrines. Unfettered power in one individual including "Prophets" promotes corruption. That is why societies evolved into democratic systems where government power is divided amongst various institutions and not one man, one group or one religion. Religion promotes the in group vs out group mentality and therefore promotes bigotry of some form. I have provided various outright discriminatory practices that are rife in Islam including the fact that Islam does not treat all people equitably under religious jurisprudence. Muslims are treated more favorably vs people of other faiths, muslim men more favorable than muslim women etc etc. That is not Law that is CORRUPTION, nepotism and favoritism.

Please compare the above with my reply and then you can help but ask whether he was reading with his eyes closed:

vedaxcool:

read the above and you can help but see mediocre thinking, mediocre life in play, From the above, it simply indicts Tai Solarin as being a mediocre thinker, it is good that common sense is prevailing a bit and you indicate Myrid of problems, the question is do religion promotes corruption? triballism? crime? Fanaticism? etc it is lack of adherance to morals of religion that makes our case worst, advocating for irreligious society has never changed any society as the French revolution showed it could become nasty.

It remains mind boggling what post this man ws reading.

divinereal:

Look at the world today and see what societies are the most egalitarian. Is it any of the Islamic or religious states? No its secular and irreligous states (US, Europe, Japan, China etc) Even when their Muslims brothers and sisters are dying in Somalia, Sudan, Libya, Egypt etc the fold their arms and chant "death to the west" and other such nonsense.
What about productivity, is it the states that advocate taking off a whole month for unhealthy fasting and praying that rely on oil that are moving humanity forward? No, its secular and irreligous countries in the west and east that are propelling humanity forward.

The French revolution was the impetus for modern France today and the people took power away from the monarchy and Catholic church. So today France is a modern secular state.

Clapp for yourself, see how you call violent France necessary for progress I am loving your hypocrisy every now and then.

divinereal:

Your hypocrisy is profound! I mean isn't the religion that you propagate as the solution to all of mankinds problem foreign to your black west African behind You are a real wayo man that I believe is on the payroll of wahabists in Saudi. Is Islam the framework of your forefathers or a diversion from their culture and indigenous religion isn't Islam alien to the Yoruba peoples of West Africa?

Who is talking of fore fathers? are you this "intellectual"? I doff my hat for your "intellectual" "superiority", common sense, sir, common sense, tells any sensible individual that reads:Yet you insist people must live outside laws that alien to their customs. Yes we see how humanist you are., would never equate it with live like your fore fathers, as clearly it means Live by what you believe in, live by your customs you practice, live by .  .   ., how would I be advocating for live like your fore fathers, pretty smart, u are highly evolved indeed.

And was it blindness or shame that made you fail in answering this:

vedaxcool:

Now who is misguided? See how hypocritical you actually are? [size=28pt]post religious framework = State Atheism[/size]. Plain and simple look at an example of what you are advocating for:

vedaxcool:

The above clearly is verbatim quote from a mediocre humanist, In the Qur'an Allah encouraged the believers to ponder on the creation, As I have dealt with you so many times on Nl, you again refuse to learn from anything, Science dramatically improved with the advent of Islam and there are clear examples from the prophet rejecting superstitious beliefs of the arabs.  But when arguing with a mediocre one expects in-depth ignorant statements like this. further more Many "classical and modern sources agree that the Qur'an condones, even encourages the acquisition of science and scientific knowledge, and urges humans to reflect on the natural phenomena as signs of God's creation. How easy Allah makes manifest truth from error.

Ahmed H. Zewail, Nobel Prize in Chemistry, 1999, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_H._Zewail

Lotfi Asker Zadeh, Azerbaijanian computer scientist; founder of Fuzzy Mathematics and fuzzy set theory

Qāḍī Zāda al-Rūmī
Qutb al-Din al-Shirazi
Shams al-Dīn al-Samarqandī
Sharaf al-Dīn al-Tūsī
Taqi al-Din Muhammad ibn Ma'ruf
Taqi al-Din Muhammad ibn Ma'ruf, 16th century
Hezarfen Ahmet Celebi, 17th century
Lagari Hasan Çelebi, 17th century
Sake Dean Mahomet, 18th century
Tipu Sultan, 18th century Indian mechanician
Fazlur Khan, 20th century Bangladeshi mechanician
Mahmoud Hessaby, 20th century Iranian physicist
Ali Javan, 20th century Iranian physicist
Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie, 20th century Indonesian aerospace engineer and president

and there are lots more where these came from

It is very sad that you keep showing your mediocre thinking, from all indications you were better of quoting verbatim other peoples view rather than showing your out of place lame Illogics.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2011
@vedaxcool  grin you remind me of Achilles from the movie TROY [b]"Is there no one else!!!" [/b]somebody please form King Leonidas from 300 movie and take this guy out. he is leaving bloody noses everywhere  grin
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by divinereal: 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2011
Wow Im so impressed with the Ahmed Zewail the muslim scientist from Egypt that won the Nobel prize that is a naturalized US CITIZEN and did his research in AMERICAN UNIVERSITIES! Lets go down your useless list: Remember my question was: What have islamic nations contributed to the world IN THE MODERN AGE beyond exporting terrorism and oppression of non muslims? Modern age =post 1800s stop resting on 1000 year old laurels from a bygone era, my quoting post 10th century was to show you how outdated you golden age has been. The scientists from the modern era are all hyphenated Americans that studied in America hence utilizing Western Education and resources to achieve their ACCOMPLISHMENTS. I wonder when last a western scientist had to move to Saudi Arabia to come up with solutions to the worlds problems?

Qāḍī Zāda al-Rūmī:Qāḍī Zāda al-Rūmī (1364 in Bursa, Ottoman Empire – 1436 in Samarqand, Persia), whose actual name was Salah al-Din Musa Pasha (qāḍī zāda means "son of the judge", al-rūmī "the Roman" indicating he came from Asia Minor, which was once Roman), was a Turkish astronomer and mathematician who worked at the observatory in Samarkand.

Qotb al-Din Shirazi or Qutb al-Din al-Shirazi (1236 – 1311) (Persian: قطب‌الدین کازرونی شیرازی) was a 13th century Persian Muslim polymath[1] and Persian poet who made contributions astronomy, mathematics, medicine, physics, music theory, philosophy and Sufism.

Ali Mortimer Javan (Azerbaijani: علی جوان, Persian: علی جوان), born December 26, 1926 in Tehran, Iran is an Iranian American inventor and[b] physicist at MIT[/b]. He co-invented the gas laser in 1960, with William R. Bennett.[1] Ali Javan has been ranked Number 12 on the list of the Top 100 living geniuses.[2]

Tipu Sultan: Attitude towards HindusMain articles: Captivity of Coorgis at Seringapatam and Captivity of Nairs at Seringapatam
As a Muslim ruler in a largely Hindu domain, Tipu Sultan faced problems in establishing the legitimacy of his rule, and in reconciling his desire to be seen as a devout Islamic ruler with the need to be pragmatic to avoid antagonising the majority of his subjects. His religious legacy has become a source of considerable controversy in the subcontinent. Some groups proclaim him a great warrior for the faith or Ghazi, while others revile him as a bigot who massacred Hindus

They are all medieval scientists from a bygone era and the modern ones all opassed through western universities and educational systems. Not sure what you Sake Dean mohammed accomplished beyond opening Indian restaurants in the UK.SMH Vedaxcool iis such a fraud!

And FYI, Post Religious moral framework = Secularism, something you may not be able to comprehend in you backward arabized (everything begins and ends with arabs stories and islam) ignorant mind! Gun rights, Abortion, g.ay rights/marriage, modern rights of equality and legalization of marijuanna have gained/gaining traction in liberal democracies based on the individual rights and a POST religous moral framework. Inalienable rights are a concept created by MAN for MAN! And until "God" speaks for him/herself and writes us a legal code, your doctrine and every other religious doctrine out there is a farce created by delusional nut cases.

I will not waste any more of my precious time and energy on this character you are a dying breed plain and simple a representation of the old order.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by mazaje(m): 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2011
This deluded slave of the imaginary desert God of the Arabs comes along trying to show us that Islam contains the solution to the worlds problem if only people will live according to the code of ethics and morals of the 7th century Bedouin barbaric tribes from the Arabian desert. Imagine him calling a post religious world, some thing that is actually obtainable in most developed countries state atheism. . .People like him always try to show that Islamic barbaric morality is better than any other in the world because according to him and others like him everything would be wonderful when people living under the laws of Sharia. . . .But we have Iran and Saudi Arabia for an example of what a totally Islamic society looks like. How good are those countries compared to secular and post religious nations like Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden?. . . .

divinereal:

Inalienable rights are a concept created by MAN for MAN! And until "God" speaks for him/herself and writes us a legal code, your doctrine and every other religious doctrine out there is a farce created by delusional nut cases.

I will not waste any more of my precious time and energy on this character you are a dying breed plain and simple a representation of the old order.

Forget the deluded slave of the imaginary Allah. . . .
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by mazaje(m): 8:17pm On Aug 05, 2011
Some questions for our deluded slave of Allah in the house called vedaxcool. . . . .

1. If Islam is such a great way to live why then did Allah wait untill 7th century to begin revealing the Koran to some obscured figure living in the Arabian desert? According to the story the process of revelation took 23year. Surely an all powerfull being could have implanted photographic knowledge of his words and revelation to mankind it into Mohhamed's brain in a split second, no? 23 years of little by little revelation is consistent with Mohhamed taking his time to get ideas, invent and make things up, no?. . . . .

2. Now to the Koran itself, a book like any other which has lots of claims like people not being able to produce any book like it . What exactly is in the Koran that is not in any book, any exclusive knowledge of the world or idea therein that can not be found in other books? Why is a book that is supposed to be for all humanity revealed in an ancient tongue spoken by just a fraction of the population? If Allah is all powerfull sure he could have revealed the Koran in such a way as to make any translation of it perfect for Allah is supposedly all powerfull.
By the way there is nothing miraculous about it as Muslims love bandying. Imagine for a second that even people who spoke not a work of Arabic could read it and understand perfectly well in that language? Wouldn't every body say "Hmm, there is something unusual and miraculous about t the book".

3. Why reveal humanities most important information to an obscure desert tribe who would take centuries just to spread over less then 10% of the Earth's surface? Why not reveal it in several countries at once since millions have died and millions are still dying without ever hearing the word Allah , Mohammed or the Koran?. . . .Millions have lived and died without ever hearing the word Allah, Mohammed or the Koran. . . .Yet we are to believe that some God called Allah that created the whole of humanity sent his revealed words to the same humanity?. . . .Why reveal to only one person and not all people and at once?

4. If Allah is all knowing as alledge, why the hell did he send prophet Issa (Jesus) knowing full well that will confuse people and lead to centuries of bloody warfare? And if he's all-powerful, how come he had to keep sending prophet after prophet to the same small region of the world before he got it right (which he did with Mohammed, according to Mohammed). Any omnipotent deity worthy of the name would surely only need one try to send a prophet who would actually get the message across clearly and convincingly, for all people, for all time,no?. . . . .

5. Why not continue sending prophets and revelations to update the Koran as our societies advance? Muslims are having tough time interpreting the Koran now. What does the Koran say about how to pray to Mecca for an astronaut in space?

6. What about the future insight with regards to Muslims and how to live the Islamic life. Allah found it important to tell Mohamed how and who's women he could have sex with. But not to designate a clear successor which would have prevented the catastrophic Sunni/Shia divide which killed thousands of Muslims.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 05, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

@vedaxcool  grin you remind me of Achilles from the movie TROY "Is there no one else!!!" [/b]somebody please form King Leonidas from 300 movie and take this guy out. he is leaving bloody noses everywhere  grin

The guy is more like a mad man that needs to be restrained. He stopped making any sense a long time ago.

vedaxcool:

[b]Who is talking of fore fathers? are you this "intellectual"? I doff my hat for your "intellectual" "superiority", common sense, sir, common sense, tells any sensible individual that reads:Yet you insist people must live outside laws that alien to their customs. Yes we see how humanist you are., would never equate it with live like your fore fathers, as clearly it means Live by what you believe in, live by your customs you practice, live by .  .   ., how would I be advocating for live like your fore fathers, pretty smart, u are highly evolved indeed.

Why argue with someone whose brain produces this kind of garbage?
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by divinereal: 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2011
5. Why not continue sending prophets and revelations to update the Koran as our societies advance? Muslims are having tough time interpreting the Koran now. What does the Koran say about how to pray to Mecca for an astronaut in space?

Mazaje thank you for the impressive analysis, I wonder why his god is only a real estate broker from the middle east that occassionally authors books Why doesn't his god send updates via movies, internet or some modern technology or plain and simply just show all humanity its existence?  But no, its these crazy religious people, lunatic vandalcool and his arab daddy Mo that will tell me they know the path to truth and righteousness.  Abeg carry go, not interested in being a wanna be arab.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by Nobody: 2:10am On Aug 06, 2011
vedaxcool:

^^^^^

grin grin grin grin, where did you run to, I thought your time off will provide you with the opportunity to read and educate yourself more, rather you came back with expensive and tasteless jokes

grin grin grin, I went on shopping! No, I hardly put off my system.Hehehe - sure I enjoy education in any form. No jokes!!!

Still, I remain Atheist! What about you? have you changed your mind yet? Lol!
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by vedaxcool(m): 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

@vedaxcool  grin you remind me of Achilles from the movie TROY [b]"Is there no one else!!!" [/b]somebody please form King Leonidas from 300 movie and take this guy out. he is leaving bloody noses everywhere  grin

Ouch! This gonna hurt their wary hearts.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by vedaxcool(m): 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2011
divinereal:

Wow Im so impressed with the Ahmed Zewail the muslim scientist from Egypt that won the Nobel prize that is a naturalized US CITIZEN and did his research in AMERICAN UNIVERSITIES! Lets go down your useless list: Remember my question was: What have islamic nations contributed to the world IN THE MODERN AGE beyond exporting terrorism and oppression of non muslims? Modern age =post 1800s stop resting on 1000 year old laurels from a bygone era, my quoting post 10th century was to show you how outdated you golden age has been. The scientists from the modern era are all hyphenated Americans that studied in America hence utilizing Western Education and resources to achieve their ACCOMPLISHMENTS. I wonder when last a western scientist had to move to Saudi Arabia to come up with solutions to the worlds problems?
[left][/left]

Aya! you keep moving d goal post , what has the Islamic contributed, evidently I was not replying that post since it reflects your shallow thinking as a human being, with all the economic activities muslim nations are engage in, it remains baffling how a full grown adult will be lying to himself, The mere fact that muslim leave their own country and go to the US means we are exporting HUMAN RESOURCE, yet to show your Ignorance you claimed you are ammazed at the Egyptian scientist that won the Nobel, you simply prove my point right, atheist generally suffer from Cherry picking fallacy, that is why you keep showing your indepth ignorance.

more exposure for you, Oh Ignorant one!
The global science landscape is radically different from what it was when I started graduate school 10 years ago. Opportunities for cutting-edge science are sprouting in many other countries. China stands out. But there are plenty of others. India, Brazil and Singapore built world-class research institutes. Saudi Arabia aggressively recruits researchers for its King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. With a staggering $10 billion endowment there — larger than MIT’s — American scientists no longer need to suffer through Boston’s endless winters. Not to be outdone, Abu Dhabi opened the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology in 2009. These emerging powers have a voracious appetite for good scientists. So they’re trying to poach ours.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/go-to-china-young-scientist/2011/05/19/AFCY227G_story.html

divinereal:

Qāḍī Zāda al-Rūmī:Qāḍī Zāda al-Rūmī (1364 in Bursa, Ottoman Empire – 1436 in Samarqand, Persia), whose actual name was Salah al-Din Musa Pasha (qāḍī zāda means "son of the judge", al-rūmī "the Roman" indicating he came from Asia Minor, which was once Roman), was a Turkish astronomer and mathematician who worked at the observatory in Samarkand.

what were yu trying to prove here, you keep making it difficult for me to train you properly, please I showed you how to rationally articulateur points objectiviely.

divinereal:

Qotb al-Din Shirazi or Qutb al-Din al-Shirazi (1236 – 1311) (Persian: قطب‌الدین کازرونی شیرازی) was a 13th century Persian Muslim polymath[1] and Persian poet who made contributions astronomy, mathematics, medicine, physics, music theory, philosophy and Sufism.

divinereal:

Ali Mortimer Javan (Azerbaijani: علی جوان, Persian: علی جوان), born December 26, 1926 in Tehran, Iran is an Iranian American inventor and[b] physicist at MIT[/b]. He co-invented the gas laser in 1960, with William R. Bennett.[1] Ali Javan has been ranked Number 12 on the list of the Top 100 living geniuses.[2]

divinereal:

Tipu Sultan: Attitude towards HindusMain articles: Captivity of Coorgis at Seringapatam and Captivity of Nairs at Seringapatam
As a Muslim ruler in a largely Hindu domain, Tipu Sultan faced problems in establishing the legitimacy of his rule, and in reconciling his desire to be seen as a devout Islamic ruler with the need to be pragmatic to avoid antagonising the majority of his subjects. His religious legacy has become a source of considerable controversy in the subcontinent. Some groups proclaim him a great warrior for the faith or Ghazi, while others revile him as a bigot who massacred Hindus

They are all medieval scientists from a bygone era and the modern ones all opassed through western universities and educational systems. Not sure what you Sake Dean mohammed accomplished beyond opening Indian restaurants in the UK.SMH Vedaxcool iis such a fraud!

I did not know 1926 is medieval, i truly dealing with Lediocre a step less than a mediocre, you asked fr post 10th centuary contributors to science, yet u again moved the goal post and now want to make it 1965, this tendencies are common with clowns.

divinereal:

And FYI, Post Religious moral framework = Secularism, something you may not be able to comprehend in you backward arabized (everything begins and ends with arabs stories and islam) ignorant mind! Gun rights, Abortion, g.ay rights/marriage, modern rights of equality and legalization of marijuanna have gained/gaining traction in liberal democracies based on the individual rights and a POST religous moral framework. Inalienable rights are a concept created by MAN for MAN! And until "God" speaks for him/herself and writes us a legal code, your doctrine and every other religious doctrine out there is a farce created by delusional nut cases.

Post religious framework, we know it was a Freudian slip that made you hope for the evils of STATE ATHEISM where religion is completely suppressed, secularityty does not equate with MArijuana rights etc, only in your confused head do all this things mean the same thing. Your show of frustration resulting to insults remains an indictment on the false path you follow.If we were to examine all hthe above righte you are clamouring for, we will end in a humilating defeat for the cheap path you want to follow, smoking marijuana, hmm, how low do they come.

divinereal:

HEHEHEHE, grin grin grin grin grin, we know my logic towers high above the shame filled life you wish for humanity. In due time I will reply the other confused fellows who have kept running and returning when the coast is clear, their insults shows the level of their civility that the secular atheist life have bequeathed to them.

[size=18pt]I will be back[/size]
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by mazaje(m): 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
vedaxcool:

[size=18pt]I will be back[/size]

Na fight?. . . . .
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by harakiri(m): 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
Did someone refer to hitler as an atheist? Do these careless talkers have a clue of what atheism really is? What's up mazaje? Na where tudor and jesoul dey sef?
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by mazaje(m): 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2011
harakiri:

Did someone refer to hitler as an atheist? Do these careless talkers have a clue of what atheism really is? What's up mazaje? Na where tudor and jesoul dey sef?

Am good man. . . .Jesoul dey around, I believe she is doing fine. . . .I just visited Tudor's profile not long ago, I read some of his latest post and learned he was shot by some robbers that wanted to steal his car, but he was recuperating. . .I hope he is doing fine where ever he is. . .I miss him as well. . . .
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2011
vedaxcool:

Ouch! This gonna hurt their wary hearts.
How long have you been brainwashed by something that's never was and has never been?If you don't know, that's called illusion. I can as well come to the conclusion that you have read a lot about legendary and watch movies like the Prince of Persians mistaking them for real-life activities. 

There's nothing that made your religion refutable with you completing stating how it calls for embracing of scientific ideas - which you quite know that science itself is against religion impractical views.

You still haven't understood what Atheists are, even after thorough explanations from me. The point to how fanatical some religious minds can be made up - in this case you're not willing to see the truth beyond your nose. To quickly clarify you, Atheists are not societies or group based on any ideology, they are people who don't believe in the existence of a God or gods. It could be anybody, it could even be you as you take the step to exercise you intelligence in a more coherent way to leave out the existence of a mythical being or beings who seems to create all things.

At this point my question to you is, what makes you think God or gods exist practically?  Don't give me those religious crap answers. Waiting to here from you when you come back.

There is this notion you are holding onto which is anything against religion has to come from an Atheist. That is not actually the case, there are individuals who believe in the existence of a God or gods yet fight to eliminate religion to the fact that its views have caused more harm than good. There's the case of Richie the third(agnostic). Swastika is a religious or rather ideological symbol as a testament on how he's brought up.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by harakiri(m): 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2011
@mazaje, e don tay wey him post dat one o. I guess its been really long you came on here. Me sef don tire to dey argue with these religious folks wey no get clue of how dia religion start. Good to have you around bruv.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by vedaxcool(m): 8:22am On Aug 09, 2011
When I read the below posts:
Martian:

The guy is more like a mad man that needs to be restrained. He stopped making any sense a long time ago.

Why argue with someone whose brain produces this kind of garbage?
divinereal:

Martian thank you for the impressive analysis, I wonder why his god is only a real estate broker from the middle east that occassionally authors books Why doesn't his god send updates via movies, internet or some modern technology or plain and simply just show all humanity its existence?  But no, its these crazy religious people, lunatic vandalcool and his arab daddy Mo that will tell me they know the path to truth and righteousness.  Abeg carry go, not interested in being a wanna be arab.

I begin to understand my role as a Psychiatrist in this thread, in other to unearth what is wrong with my patients, I have to bear their Emotional Tantrums to get to the root cause of their traumas, all this reactions above reminds me of the withdrawal symptoms of Drug addicts, they become enrage, so I believe my treatment is having effects on the patients that is why we are reading the above reactions. The above respondents have effectively failed to address the issues, hence the exhibit standard atheist delirium, I feel like a father who has to pet his child in order to understand their problems, I know that I feel profound sympathy towards you people.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 09, 2011
vedaxcool:

When I read the below posts:
I begin to understand my role as a Psychiatrist in this thread, in other to unearth what is wrong with my patients, I have to bear their Emotional Tantrums to get to the root cause of their traumas, all this reactions above reminds me of the withdrawal symptoms of Drug addicts, they become enrage, so I believe my treatment is having effects on the patients that is why we are reading the above reactions. The above respondents have effectively failed to address the issues, hence the exhibit standard atheist delirium, I feel like a father who has to pet his child in order to understand their problems, I know that I feel profound sympathy towards you people.

Says the ignorant African who thinks ancient Arab myths plagarized from Jews are the inspired words of a God. It's obvious that you're on a witch hunt but unlike you,  we don't have to go on fruitless quests in order to expose the barbaric nature of your arab beliefs.  Here's one for you-

MOGADISHU, Somalia — The Shabab Islamist insurgent group, which controls much of southern Somalia, is blocking starving people from fleeing the country and setting up a cantonment camp where it is imprisoning displaced people who were trying to escape Shabab territory. The group is widely blamed for causing a famine in Somalia by forcing out many Western aid organizations, depriving drought victims of desperately needed food. The situation is growing bleaker by the day, with tens of thousands of Somalis already dead and more than 500,000 children on the brink of starvation.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/02/world/africa/02somalia.html

The date says August 02 2011. 21st century overly religious  black folks for you! Not much different than the ones from the middle ages.
I swear I don't know people who are more ignorant than black people who are fundamentalists of one of the Abrahamic faiths.Talk about perpetual mental slavery.

Anyway, isn't this the period where you buffoons starve yourselves? Why don't you go and concentrate on that.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by mazaje(m): 11:25am On Aug 09, 2011
Martian:

Says the ignorant African who thinks ancient Arab myths plagarized from Jews are the inspired words of a God. It's obvious that you're on a witch hunt but unlike you,  we don't have to go on fruitless quests in order to expose the barbaric nature of your arab beliefs. 

The level of delusion is really pathetic. Imagine this deluded African who wholly accepts the lies of Bedouin barbaric tribes from the Arabian desert completely saying he feels sorry for others.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by vedaxcool(m): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2011
mazaje:

Some questions for our deluded slave of Allah in the house called vedaxcool. . . . .

Still exhibiting withdrawal symptoms, child, you need to be wash your tongue properly.

When you read all the questions below, you observe that it does not address the issues I have raised, and more importantly, it is a deliberate attempt to divert our attention from the issues raised, Note this will be the second time in this thread that Mazaje will ask lame questions, the first time I did address all the points he raised but instead of bringing counter rebuttals he engaged in Standard atheist delirium, and exhibited the withdrawal symptoms . I would have simply overlook his recent show of Mediocrity, but I notice his uncle divinewreck shocked , has hinged his hopes on this questions that were fraudulently asked, hence I have to demolish this paraplegic ridden show of mediocrity.

When I read the questions, i notice a lack of Logical framework shocked in them, the questions where simply random thoughts brought about by my patients withdrawal symptoms related stress, hence the lack of Logical following questions.

mazaje:

1. If Islam is  such a great way to live  why then did Allah wait untill 7th century to begin revealing the Koran to some obscured figure living in the Arabian desert? According to the story the process  of revelation took 23year. Surely an all powerfull being could have implanted photographic knowledge of his words and revelation to mankind it into Mohhamed's brain in a split second, no? 23 years of little by little revelation is consistent with Mohhamed taking his time to get ideas, invent and make things up, no?. . . . .

This question exposes your weak mind indeed, it shows the flaw in your thinking, In Islamic theology - which you are vastly ignorant of- states clearly that Allah has provided guidance to all of Humanity from time immemorial, hence, your lame question as to Allah waiting for the 7th century, is a reflection of your Ignorance, again to cap iton why it took 23 years for the entire Qur'an to be revealed instead of revealing it all at once, this again shows your selective thinking process, as common sense, s-h-o-u-l-d have inform you that the gradual revelation of the Qur'an has been shown to be on tract from historical fact the qur'anic verses revealed were revealed gradually so as to enable the converts to Islam, to enter the spirit of the Religion, if it were revealed all at once the arabs would have a hard time adjusting because they had been used to living freely without the rules Islam introduced. On the end point of your statements, i must say are beneath me to answer as speculations seems to what atheist are ever able to bring to the table, such speculations are not meant for serious minded individuals. grin

mazaje:

2. Now to the Koran itself, a book like any other which has lots of claims like people not being able to produce any book like it . What exactly is in the Koran that is not in any book, any exclusive knowledge of the world or idea therein that can not be found in other books? Why is a book that is supposed to be for all  humanity revealed in an ancient tongue spoken by just a fraction of the population? If Allah is all powerfull sure he could have revealed the Koran in such a way as to make any translation of it perfect for Allah is supposedly all powerfull.
By the way there is nothing miraculous about it as Muslims love bandying. Imagine for a second that even people who spoke not a work of Arabic could read it and understand perfectly well in that language? Wouldn't every body say "Hmm, there is something unusual and miraculous about t the book".

The Qur'an remains the only religious book which has exhibit consistency with-in and with-out as it is written 'had it been from any other than you will therein many inconsistencies, I would have gone father but I remember you vast Ignorance, your above statement betrays your Ignorance on the Qur'an a book you have probably never examined nor read, you remaining speculative questions again reveals poor logics and illiteracy in dealing with the a subject matter, in the Qur'an it is written over and over that had Allah wanted the whole of Humanity to believe he would have do so, but the fact that the Qur'an was written in Arabic and is currently being read on a daily basis by a vast majority of Muslims who are non - Arabs belittles all the above points, it indicts your well known poverty of ideas providing brain, The last statement is very much idiotic, as you could have asked why did Allah make me believe, such statement are consistent with your mediocre credentials, It is on record that at the time of revelation of the Qur'an, in the companionship of the Prophet pbuh was a Black man, A Jew, a Persian etc, and till date the Muslim community remain diverse despite not speaking arabic,  I wonder despite language barriers humans still carry Transactions, in other words Because Allah gave human the intellect and Allah knew man will develop to great extent, language itself is no longer a barrier in the spread of Islam. smiley

mazaje:

3. Why reveal humanities most important information to an obscure desert tribe who would take centuries just to spread over less then 10% of the Earth's surface? Why not reveal it in several countries at once since millions have died and millions are still dying without ever hearing the word Allah , Mohammed or the Koran?. . . .Millions have lived and died without ever hearing the word Allah, Mohammed or the Koran. . . .Yet we are to believe that some God called Allah that created the whole of humanity sent his revealed words to the same humanity?. . . .Why reveal to only one person and not all people and at once?

Today Islam is virtually known everywhere and it is Miraculous that this was "achieved" by an "obscure" desert tribe, more importantly, as i have indicated earlier, Allah's Judgement on Individual who never heard of Islam will definitely be based on Criteria that he alone knows, but a principle in Islam makes Ignorance a defence, that is one's ignorance of Islam does not make culpable for not being a Muslim, but for people like mazaje and co, who despite have enough resource to study and understand the Qur'an and Islam, will be held accountable, This is simply repeating the same mediocre question in a different way, like I indicated Allah had provided guidance to all of Humanity.  The chief reason your questions are mediocre is because they lack logical coherence. cool

mazaje:

4. If Allah is all knowing as allege, why the hell did he send prophet Issa (Jesus) knowing full well that will confuse people and lead to centuries of bloody warfare? And if he's all-powerful, how come he had to keep sending prophet after prophet to the same small region of the world before he got it right (which he did with Mohammed, according to Mohammed). Any omnipotent deity worthy of the name would surely only need one try to send a prophet who would actually get the message across clearly and convincingly, for all people, for all time,no?. . . . .

Mediocre in content myopic in scope, that is what this question is, Jesus pbuh, was primarily sent to reform Judaism, the scope of his mission was clear, " I was sent to the loss sheep of Isreal, his mission was to redirect the missteps of the religion of his people, and to give glad tidings of Islam, which Muslims have long shown using passages of the bible, Allah simply gives guidance it is left to you to accept it or reject it, and you really need to stop writing no? it makes your statement worth less than a decayed battery, and indicates the doubts you have about mediocre thoughts. From all indication you keep repeating the same fallacious thinking, some how expecting Allah to guide your hardened heart and make you a muslim, it does not work that way, Allah reveal signs to you, it is left to you to follow it, there must be a reason why Allah gave  you brain to think, if only you use with all honesty.

mazaje:

The Qur'an provides a frame work for all to follow, Islam has a system of deducting rules for things that were not directly spoken of, but using the frame work earlier mention an astronaut will not have difficulty praying, as in in Islamic Rules, we know that if one Ignorantly prays away from the kabba, his prayer will still be accepted, if one  finds himself in situation in which his enemy is attacking  him it is allowed to pray in any direction that is feasible, all this are in special circumstances so also is an astronaut in space. So an astronaut in such a case will be allowed to pray in any direction. Allah knows best -I know this statement will jolt you mediocre mind.

mazaje:

6. What about the future insight with regards to Muslims and how to live the Islamic life. Allah found it important to tell Mohamed how and who's women he could Be Intimate with. But not to designate a clear successor which would have prevented the catastrophic Sunni/Shia divide which killed thousands of Muslims.

Again , you showed mediocre complex, as The Sunni and Shia divide did not start immediately after the death of the prophet pbuh, but on the death of the Caliph Uthman, circumstances surrounding his death created the Sunni and Shia divide, As Abubakar the 1st caliph was accepted by the vast majority of the Prophets companion who ratified the caliphacy, some companions did feel Ali should be the caliph, but at the end, the Prophet not making Any one his successor, meant he left it to his competent Companions to solve their readership issues and indicates that he did not want to impose anyone on the Ummah. And from all indication the companions did their best which lead to the expansion of islam to vast tracts of lands.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by vedaxcool(m): 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2011
all4naija:

How long have you been brainwashed by something that's never was and has never been?If you don't know, that's called illusion. I can as well come to the conclusion that you have read a lot about legendary and watch movies like the Prince of Persians mistaking them for real-life activities. 

From all indication, you are ignorant of just about every thing that has been discuss, unless you want to sit in your living room and deny clear facts, i do not really understand what u r getting at.

all4naija:

There's nothing that made your religion refutable with you completing stating how it calls for embracing of scientific ideas - which you quite know that science itself is against religion impractical views.

That is your Ignorant assertion, Science is not in conflict with religion, since it is not in itself a religion nor atheism, it is simply a means to understanding the nature of things.

all4naija link=topic=723007.msg8875058#msg8875058 date=1312739755:

You still haven't understood what Atheists are, even after thorough explanations from me. The point to how fanatical some religious minds can be made up - in this case you're not willing to see the truth beyond your nose. To quickly clarify you, Atheists are not societies or group based on any ideology, they are people who don't believe in the existence of a God or gods. It could be anybody, it could even be you as you take the step to exercise you intelligence in a more coherent way to leave out the existence of a mythical being or beings who seems to create all things.

Thorough explanation, Wow Big English grin, story a Man reject God=atheist, then goes on to murder another who whole heartedly accepts God because he accepts God, this same man goes unto mobilize a large group of people of his own thinking and kills a more people who refuse to accept his view, Question/; can we say the man committed those horrible murders because he was an atheist? I only hope you will spend more time reading instead of making psedo - intelligent statements that mocks the very foundatiion of reason
all4naija:

At this point my question to you is, what makes you think God or gods exist practically?  Don't give me those religious crap answers. Waiting to here from you when you come back.

God exist because it is the most rational point of view to hold, from all scientific deductions, we know the universe had an origin, that is abegining, concieveing such begining without God, will make a mockery of common sense, just as Mankind is yet to witness non - living thing give birth to living, that in itself makes it more proper to say God exist, God exist because you and your cohorts can never produce live from non - living matter, niether have it been ever observed naturally. Denying the truth is worse than being ignorant of it.

[quote author=all4naija link=topic=723007.msg8875058#msg8875058 date=1312739755]
There is this notion you are holding onto which is anything against religion has to come from an Atheist. That is not actually the case, there are individuals who believe in the existence of a God or gods yet fight to eliminate religion to the fact that its views have caused more harm than good. There's the case of Richie the third(agnostic). Swastika is a religious or rather ideological symbol as a testament on how he's brought up.

But the cases I cited, clearly we saw how atheism was the mobilizing agent for their evils, this  your pt seems more like a red hearing.

[/quote]
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by vedaxcool(m): 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2011
all4naija:

grin grin grin, I went on shopping! No, I hardly put off my system.Hehehe - sure I enjoy education in any form. No jokes!!!

Still, I remain Atheist! What about you? have you changed your mind yet? Lol!

I believe u miss undetrstood my point, as i was not saying you shoudl convert to Islam, as with the level of ignorance you have exhibited on this thread it would be unadvisable for you to be a muslim, what i did say is that you should read more to broaden your scope, do not be like devinewreck, who only parrots the ideas tahthe probably do not understand, do not be like mazaje, who shows his hypocrisy and vent his ignorance when he is in an argument shocked and then has the audacity of accusing others of fanaticism yet exhibit grade A extremism, or like martian, who only have insults to be the only source of intellectual argument he can offer, what i urge you to do is that read so that u can break yourself from traps set by atheist ignoramus, I believe you have the elements of good in you that can let you recognise the truth when you see it note the three I mention have one thing in common Highly Entrenched IGNORANCE[/ . best wishes
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by vedaxcool(m): 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2011
Martian:

Says the ignorant African who thinks ancient Arab myths plagarized from Jews are the inspired words of a God. It's obvious that you're on a witch hunt but unlike you,  we don't have to go on fruitless quests in order to expose the barbaric nature of your arab beliefs.  Here's one for you-

MOGADISHU, Somalia — The Shabab Islamist insurgent group, which controls much of southern Somalia, is blocking starving people from fleeing the country and setting up a cantonment camp where it is imprisoning displaced people who were trying to escape Shabab territory. The group is widely blamed for causing a famine in Somalia by forcing out many Western aid organizations, depriving drought victims of desperately needed food. The situation is growing bleaker by the day, with tens of thousands of Somalis already dead and more than 500,000 children on the brink of starvation.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/02/world/africa/02somalia.html

The date says August 02 2011. 21st century overly religious  black folks for you! Not much different than the ones from the middle ages.
I swear I don't know people who are more ignorant than black people who are fundamentalists of one of the Abrahamic faiths.Talk about perpetual mental slavery.

Anyway, isn't this the period where you buffoons starve yourselves? Why don't you go and concentrate on that.

mazaje:

The level of delusion is really pathetic. Imagine this deluded African who wholly accepts the lies of Bedouin barbaric tribes from the Arabian desert completely saying he feels sorry for others.

I only have this to say:
vedaxcool:

Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^^^
I am beginning to worry about you! I hope you're not  HYPOTHYMIC .

I don't see anything reasonable in what you've said. All I have seen are insults and calling of names. Well, I never said you wanted me to change to Islam(which proves that is your intention not until now), what I meant's your words are misleading and if you have changed your mind about them. Changing your mind doesn't necessarily means you can become Atheist but see beyond your religion sphere of delusions.

I still don't understand your argument that proves the existence of gods, all I can see is that you're trying to defend what you don't know and relying on the ancient mythical book to do that. It is sad you are still acting like an aberrant  child! 

With all due respect, I would like you to state your argument clearly because I can see you don't have any affirmative notion about the world you're living in. Either you are frustrated of attempt in finding the truth or you are just confused living your comfort zone, that's religion.

Sorry to say this again, you are been deceived!

Stop this your superiority ineptitude - it is becoming annoying. The most annoying thing is that you calling people commenst mediocrity, highly entrenched ignorance and all sorts of slur words. It doesn't make your argument seems any better.   
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by mazaje(m): 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2011
vedaxcool:

Still exhibiting withdrawal symptoms, child, you need to be wash your tongue properly.

What ever. . . .

When you read all the questions below, you observe that it does not address the issues I have raised, and more importantly, it is a deliberate attempt to divert our attention from the issues raised, Note this will be the second time in this thread that Mazaje will ask lame questions, the first time I did address all the points he raised but instead of bringing counter rebuttals he engaged in Standard atheist delirium, and exhibited the withdrawal symptoms . I would have simply overlook his recent show of Mediocrity, but I notice his uncle divinewreck, has hinged his hopes on this questions that were fraudulently asked, hence I have to demolish this paraplegic ridden show of mediocrity.

Which point exactly did you address? Last time I saw you mixing verses up and giving your own opinion as a further reading of a verse,no?. . .

This question exposes your weak mind indeed, it shows the flaw in your thinking, In Islamic theology - which you are vastly ignorant of- states clearly[b] that Allah has provided guidance to all of Humanity from time immemorial, hence[/b], your lame question as to Allah waiting for the 7th century, is a reflection of your Ignorance, again to cap iton why it took 23 years for the entire Qur'an to be revealed instead of revealing it all at once, this again shows your selective thinking process, as common sense, s-h-o-u-l-d have inform you that the gradual revelation of the Qur'an has been shown to be on tract from historical fact the qur'anic verses revealed were revealed gradually so as to enable the converts to Islam, to enter the spirit of the Religion, if it were revealed all at once the arabs would have a hard time adjusting because they had been used to living freely without the rules Islam introduced. On the end point of your statements, i must say are beneath me to answer as speculations seems to what atheist are ever able to bring to the table, such speculations are not meant for serious minded individuals.

Really, you ridiculously claim that Allah has provided guidance to all of humanity since time immemorial, yet we are yet to see any of Allah's prophet or injunctions that was sent to the ancient Chinese, Ancient Japanese, Koreans, ancient Europeans, ancient Africans,  ancient Mexicans and Brazilians or Native Americans. Majority of them have lived and died without ever hearing of the world Allah, Mohammed or any of the prophets of the Koran and Allah did not send any prophets to them. Instead we have them receiving their own revelations from Buddha, Azi and their various other Gods very long before Islam came into existence. I don't have time listening to baseless talk about Arabic mythology. . .Here are the facts, ALL religions were borne out from one culture or the other. Islam was borne out of the Arabic culture and as such it had to be exported by the Arabs to the rest of the world since exportation the religion is one of its core principles. Since they wanted people to accept their culture and way of life they kept spreading it around systematically to various people. Nothing in Islam is actually new per say because all of its stories and prophets it stole from the Jews and Christians. . .Mohammed and the other founders of Islam were a very clever men. , The knew that establishing a new religion will be a problem  so they had to use the already established Christian and Jewish religions, they worked through it, change many things and created their own religion out of it. . .Nothing new. . .Men always create and have always been creating religions and Gods since time immemorial. . .

The Qur'an remains the only religious book which has exhibit consistency with-in and with-out as it is written 'had it been from any other than you will therein many inconsistencies, I would have gone father but I remember you vast Ignorance, your above statement betrays your Ignorance on the Qur'an a book you have probably never examined nor read, you remaining speculative questions again reveals poor logics and illiteracy in dealing with the a subject matter, in the Qur'an it is written over and over that had Allah wanted the whole of Humanity to believe he would have do so, but the fact that the Qur'an was written in Arabic and is currently being read on a daily basis by a vast majority of Muslims who are non - Arabs belittles all the above points, it indicts your well known poverty of ideas providing brain, The last statement is very much idiotic, as you could have asked why did Allah make me believe, such statement are consistent with your mediocre credentials, It is on record that at the time of revelation of the Qur'an, in the companionship of the Prophet pbuh was a Black man, A Jew, a Persian etc, and till date the Muslim community remain diverse despite not speaking arabic,  I wonder despite language barriers humans still carry Transactions, in other words Because Allah gave human the intellect and Allah knew man will develop to great extent, language itself is no longer a barrier in the spread of Islam.

Firstly Allah can never make the whole of Humanity to accept Islam. . .That is a line that was just put inside the Koran to rationalize why unbelievers still exist since the Koran claims it is Allah's last revelation to humanity. . . . .Secondly most of the Nigerians that I know read the Koran but do not understand the meaning of what they are reading. I was raised as a Muslim(am a full Hausa man), I can still read the Koran based on what I was thought back in the Koranic school, but I like many others can't speak Arabic and do not understand what is written therein, that's why in mosque after the Imam reads in Arabic he translates and explains to people what was written because majority do not understand Arabic and hence can not comprehend even though they try to read what was written. . .So my question still stand, why reveal the most important message of Humanity in an obscured language which most of the people that accept the religion do not understand. Majority of Muslims do not understand Arabic even though they can read it.

Today Islam is virtually known everywhere and it is Miraculous that this was "achieved" by an "obscure" desert tribe, more importantly, as i have indicated earlier, Allah's Judgement on Individual who never heard of Islam will definitely be based on Criteria that he alone knows, but a principle in Islam makes Ignorance a defence, that is one's ignorance of Islam does not make culpable for not being a Muslim, but for people like mazaje and co, who despite have enough resource to study and understand the Qur'an and Islam, will be held accountable, This is simply repeating the same mediocre question in a different way, like I indicated Allah had provided guidance to all of Humanity.  The chief reason your questions are mediocre is because they lack logical coherence.

This is FALSE, people hearing about Islam doesn't mean they know Islam, many people hear about Islam but very few of them know what its about. . . . .Over 80 percent of the worlds population do not believe in Islam, and a large percentage of the world's population that have lived before and are still living have never heard the word Allah, Mohammed or the Koran, that is a fact. . . .

Mediocre in content myopic in scope, that is what this question is, Jesus pbuh, was primarily sent to reform Judaism, the scope of his mission was clear, " I was sent to the loss sheep of Isreal, his mission was to redirect the missteps of the religion of his people, and to give glad tidings of Islam, which Muslims have long shown using passages of the bible, Allah simply gives guidance it is left to you to accept it or reject it, and you really need to stop writing no? it makes your statement worth less than a decayed battery, and indicates the doubts you have about mediocre thoughts. From all indication you keep repeating the same fallacious thinking, some how expecting Allah to guide your hardened heart and make you a muslim, it does not work that way, Allah reveal signs to you, it is left to you to follow it, there must be a reason why Allah gave  you brain to think, if only you use with all honesty.

Islam means submission to the will of Allah, right? Pls I will like you to show meany place in the bible where Jesus told any body to submit to the will of Allah since tou said his mission was to redirect the missteps of the religion of his people, and to give glad tidings of Islam?. . . .Jesus was a Jew according to the story and we know that Jews worshiped Yahweh NOT Allah. . .The old testament is there for all to read. The old testament was written over a thousand years by Jews before any page of the koran was ever written and Allah does NOT appear in it. The God they worshiped was Jehovah or Yahweh and NOT Allah. Try another lie. . . .

The Qur'an provides a frame work for all to follow, Islam has a system of deducting rules for things that were not directly spoken of, but using the frame work earlier mention an astronaut will not have difficulty praying, as in in Islamic Rules, we know that if one Ignorantly prays away from the kabba, his prayer will still be accepted, if one  finds himself in situation in which his enemy is attacking  him it is allowed to pray in any direction that is feasible, all this are in special circumstances so also is an astronaut in space. So an astronaut in such a case will be allowed to pray in any direction. Allah knows best -I know this statement will jolt you mediocre mind.

Ok, fair enough. . . .

Again , you showed mediocre complex, as The Sunni and Shia divide did not start immediately after the death of the prophet pbuh, but on the death of the Caliph Uthman, circumstances surrounding his death created the Sunni and Shia divide, As Abubakar the 1st caliph was accepted by the vast majority of the Prophets companion who ratified the caliphacy, some companions did feel Ali should be the caliph, but at the end, the Prophet not making Any one his successor, meant he left it to his competent Companions to solve their readership issues and indicates that he did not want to impose anyone on the Ummah. And from all indication the companions did their best which lead to the expansion of islam to vast tracts of lands.

Why didn't Allah interfere to end the crisis was my question and save the life of many Muslims that died as a result of the division. . .
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2011
He doesn't know how come about that name, Allah! He doesn't know that the name originated from pagans.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by vedaxcool(m): 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2011
all4naija:

^^^^
I am beginning to worry about you! I hope you not  HYPOTHYMIC .

I don't see anything reasonable in what you've said. All I have seen are insults and calling of names. Well, I never said you wanted me to change to Islam(which proves that is your intention not until now), what I meant's your words are misleading and if you have changed your mind about them. Changing your mind doesn't necessarily means you can become Atheist but see beyond your religion sphere of delusions.

I still don't understand your argument that proves the existence of gods, all I can see is that you're trying to defend what you don't know and relying on the ancient mythical book to do that. It is sad you are still acting like an aberrant  child! 

It remains a pity that you have refused to carry a book and read, rather you keep embarrassing us with your out of plaace statements, as in my reply To your question on God's existence, I clearly did not quote the Qur'an, and quit opening a dictionary to get words out, they sound out of place.

all4naija:

With all due respect, I would like you to state your argument clearly because I can see you don't have any affirmative notion about the world you're living in. Either you are frustrated of attempt in finding the truth or you are just confused living your comfort zone, that's religion.

Sorry to say this again, you are been deceived!

Stop this your superiority ineptitude - it is becoming annoying. The most annoying thing is that you calling people commenst mediocrity, highly entrenched ignorance and all sorts of slur words. It doesn't make your argument seems any better.   

Name calling nd insults by whom exactly, again you revealed why atheism is a failure, this same Insults and name calling your colleagues have been engaging right from the begining of this thread, yet you found no insults in them, what you find insultive is the clear categorization of people myopic views as mediocre, I am baffled at your "ethical Honesty".
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2011
@ rational folks.
Please ignore Papa Ajasco a.k.a Vedaxcool a.k.a the pseudo Arab. A quick skim of his posts shows that he either has screws loose or  he is just irredeemably ignorant.

Like the signs say at zoos

DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS!!
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by vedaxcool(m): 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^^^^^

mazaje:

What ever. . . .

Whatever happended to washing your Tongue?

mazaje:

Which point exactly did you address? Last time I saw you mixing verses up and giving your own opinion as a further reading of a verse,no?. . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-723007.64.html#msg8852955, the no syndrome keeps making you a crafty joker.

mazaje:

Really, you ridiculously claim that Allah has provided guidance to all of humanity since time immemorial, yet we are yet to see any of Allah's prophet or injunctions that was sent to the ancient Chinese, Ancient Japanese, Koreans, ancient Europeans, ancient Africans,  ancient Mexicans and Brazilians or Native Americans. Majority of them have lived and died without ever hearing of the world Allah, Mohammed or any of the prophets of the Koran and Allah did not send any prophets to them. Instead we have them receiving their own revelations from Buddha, Azi and their various other Gods very long before Islam came into existence. I don't have time listening to baseless talk about Arabic mythology. . .Here are the facts, ALL religions were borne out from one culture or the other. Islam was borne out of the Arabic culture and as such it had to be exported by the Arabs to the rest of the world since exportation the religion is one of its core principles. Since they wanted people to accept their culture and way of life they kept spreading it around systematically to various people. Nothing in Islam is actually new per say because all of its stories and prophets it stole from the Jews and Christians. . .Mohammed and the other founders of Islam were a very clever men. , The knew that establishing a new religion will be a problem  so they had to use the already established Christian and Jewish religions, they worked through it, change many things and created their own religion out of it. . .Nothing new. . .Men always create and have always been creating religions and Gods since time immemorial. . .

Illitracy and  Mediocrity per excellence, Your problems are compounded by self deciet, Again you underscore how "rational" you are, by answering a question that was never asked? How much more is the kind of Mediocrity being displayed can ever be treated remains a mystery. My point remains clear, Muslims believe There is only One God, who had catered for Human needs both Material and Spritual from time immemorial, you asked a question and it has been answered from Islamic theology, what your small mind with mediocre complex can say is I do not buy it, but coming up with this shameful response by making claims that I never said is very low even for a godless man like yourself, As i am fully aware it is mandatory to grow old but is not compulsory to grow up.

mazaje:

Firstly Allah can never make the whole of Humanity to accept Islam. . .That is a line that was just put inside the Koran to rationalize why unbelievers still exist since the Koran claims it is Allah's last revelation to humanity. . . . .Secondly most of the Nigerians that I know read the Koran but do not understand the meaning of what they are reading. I was raised as a Muslim(am a full Hausa man), I can still read the Koran based on what I was thought back in the Koranic school, but I like many others can't speak Arabic and do not understand what is written therein, that's why in mosque after the Imam reads in Arabic he translates and explains to people what was written because majority do not understand Arabic and hence can not comprehend even though they try to read what was written. . .So my question still stand, why reveal the most important message of Humanity in an obscured language which most of the people that accept the religion do not understand. Majority of Muslims do not understand Arabic even though they can read it.

grin grin grin grin, Oh you have never heard of Translated Qur'an? Aya, and I thought you were  informed grin grin grin grin, It remains incumbent on every Muslims to read and understand the Qur'an, if as an Muslim it never occured to you that it was yoyu responsibility to educate yourself of the Qur'an, then You were probably a Munafiq, who prefered Ignorance to Knowledge, No wonder you keep showing High impact Ignorance in even common Islamic Knowledge, Your First statement again reflect the mediocre complex you apparently suffer from, answering what was a quote from the Qur'an which indicated that Allah's plan was not to make every one a muslim. You say your question stands, yet you modified it and because you have nothing new to say, you repeat the same garbage with a littles variation, My answer stands There are Translations, there must be a reason why Allah gave you and I brain, not to think of smoking Marijuana or fornicating all day but to solve challenges, if you are too ignorant to even admit to yourself that they are translations that one can refer to, then know you r too lost and again too much of a mediocre to exhibit Intellectual behavior.

mazaje:

This is FALSE, people hearing about Islam doesn't mean they know Islam, many people hear about Islam but very few of them know what its about. . . . .Over 80 percent of the worlds population do not believe in Islam, and a large percentage of the world's population that have lived before and are still living have never heard the word Allah, Mohammed or the Koran, that is a fact. . . .

You apparently have ran out of words and still insist on restating the same questions, quibbling over meaning of what I wrote is clownish don't you think? and the this is also a fact Today Islam is virtually known everywhere and it is Miraculous that this was "achieved" by an "obscure" desert tribe, more importantly, as i have indicated earlier, Allah's Judgement on Individual who never heard of Islam will definitely be based on Criteria that he alone knows, but a principle in Islam makes Ignorance a defence, that is one's ignorance of Islam does not make culpable for not being a Muslim, but for people like mazaje and co, who despite have enough resource to study and understand the Qur'an and Islam, will be held accountable, This is simply repeating the same mediocre question in a different way, like I indicated Allah had provided guidance to all of Humanity.  The chief reason your questions are mediocre is because they lack logical coherence.

mazaje:

Islam means submission to the will of Allah, right? Pls I will like you to show meany place in the bible where Jesus told any body to submit to the will of Allah since tou said his mission was to redirect the missteps of the religion of his people, and to give glad tidings of Islam?. . . .Jesus was a Jew according to the story and we know that Jews worshiped Yahweh NOT Allah. . .The old testament is there for all to read. The old testament was written over a thousand years by Jews before any page of the koran was ever written and Allah does NOT appear in it. The God they worshiped was Jehovah or Yahweh and NOT Allah. Try another lie. . . .

Jesus preached submission to a Jahovah, Muslims are not mediocre like yourself who think Allah is for the arabs, you nor any other atheist for that matter can not define to us what we worship, what rational people do is that, rather than sit and make suggestions of what other people believe they examine what they believe and make adequate deductions, i have tried severally to teach you Logical Coherent Way of Learning and Making Rational Deduction, inmstead I find you firmly bounded by fanaticism on Illiterate way of doing things. The Word Ellah appeared in the bible, you are darn to ignorant to even argue well. Lie, the Liar is clear for all to see, the atheist cannot refute Veda anymore they now result to insults and mediocre propelled withdrawal symptoms. There is what they call belief, what we Muslim believe and have proven from the bible -which you are vastly Ignorant of- is that Jesus came and preached submision to the Will of Ela, a good number of Christian clergy, Jewsish scholars and even the vatican accept that muslim and Christian worship one God, rather I keep engaging an atheist with no credential for research or study.

mazaje:

Ok, fair enough. . . .

If you were informed enough you would have know.

mazaje:

Why didn't Allah interfere to end the crisis was my question and save the life of many Muslims that died as a result of the division. . .

If Allah gives an instructuion in the qur'an and people fail to follow it, then you have yourself to blame, if Muslims fail to adhere to the teachings of their religion we facwe the peril therein, Allah intervenes as he deems fit, and we do learn lessons from all this events, what remains baffling is your deliberate attempt to blame Allah for your muisguidiance, yet from all indications you are the one who fails to read, your are the one who is dishonest to his own conscience, you .    .    .
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^^^
It is clear here that you have an omnipotent narcissist disorder - which you don't know yet. It can as well lead to fanaticism.

It is a shame of a well educated person like you(as you claimed to be) can not distinguish reality from myth, leaving out Atheism.

However, trying to pacify your religion damages with holistic comments here is appalling to say the least while making Atheism a damned evil with baseless references and it only makes your perception looks more disturbing. The most palpable thing in question,at the moment to solve your problem, is your misunderstanding of what Atheism mean. I think you are missing Atheism for agnosticism - they are two different things. One comes from free thinkers while the other is based on ideology(just like your religion is).

I know you are going to respond with retributions and I am getting used to them.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by divinereal: 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2011
Leave the wild rabid arab wanna be alone. The meme of the Arabian night tales have totally infected his frontal lobes and negatively impacted his ability to reason beyond sticking his nyash in the air 5 times a day and trying his best to emulate his favorite Arab gods in speech and behavior. I am yet to comprehend his stance he has on anything beyond polemics and the usual inference that Arab mythology is the solution for the real world problems that exist in the world today.

Please as I alluded to before let us celebrate the life and ideas of Tai Solarin a great Nigerian before we were rudely derailed by this islamist and slave of the arabs worldview. Wetin concern me a man of west african origin with the middle east if not for these silly religious myths and the wrath that they have polluted my peoples minds? A stance the Great Tai Solarin stood for.
Re: Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments by mazaje(m): 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2011
vedaxcool:

Whatever happended to washing your Tongue?

My tongue is much cleaner than yours. . . . .Next please. . . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-723007.64.html#msg8852955, the no syndrome keeps making you a crafty joker.

You saw my rejoinders didn't you?. . . . .

Illitracy and  Mediocrity per excellence, Your problems are compounded by self deciet, Again you underscore how "rational" you are, by answering a question that was never asked? How much more is the kind of Mediocrity being displayed can ever be treated remains a mystery. My point remains clear, Muslims believe There is only One God, who had catered for Human needs both Material and Spritual from time immemorial, you asked a question and it has been answered from Islamic theology, what your small mind with mediocre complex can say is I do not buy it, but coming up with this shameful response by making claims that I never said is very low even for a godless man like yourself, As i am fully aware it is mandatory to grow old but is not compulsory to grow up.

What are the claims you never made? You claim that Allah has provided guidance to all of Humanity from time immemorial, and I countered by saying that reality shows that the claim of yours is very false since most of the humans that have lived in the past do not know Allah(Many that live today have never heard that name), they know other Gods like Buddha, Yahweh, Zeus, Azi, Batu etc and those are the Gods they claim have been their Gods. . .They also claim that those Gods have been guiding them since time immemorial . . . .My response was simple, it showed that I did not buy the Islamic theology and showed that reality doesn't agree with the Islamic propaganda as well. . . .

grin grin grin grin, Oh you have never heard of Translated Qur'an? Aya, and I thought you were  informed grin grin grin grin, It remains incumbent on every Muslims to read and understand the Qur'an, if as an Muslim it never occured to you that it was yoyu responsibility to educate yourself of the Qur'an, then You were probably a Munafiq, who prefered Ignorance to Knowledge, No wonder you keep showing High impact Ignorance in even common Islamic Knowledge, Your First statement again reflect the mediocre complex you apparently suffer from, answering what was a quote from the Qur'an which indicated that Allah's plan was not to make every one a muslim. You say your question stands, yet you modified it and because you have nothing new to say, you repeat the same garbage with a littles variation, My answer stands There are Translations, there must be a reason why Allah gave you and I brain, not to think of smoking Marijuana or fornicating all day but to solve challenges, if you are too ignorant to even admit to yourself that they are translations that one can refer to, then know you r too lost and again too much of a mediocre to exhibit Intellectual behavior.

Firstly, I have never seen a Koran in the Hausa language or any other Nigerian Language for that matter, am not saying there isn't but if there is then it very rare and highly uncommon. Must Muslims believe that reading the Koran in Arabic is the only way to get its true meaning and as such Muslims are encouraged to read it in the original Arabic. Once the Koran is translated the translation would not be considered a Koran  so you can't use the translation in your prayer or while your reading the Koran, but you could use it to understand the meaning of the Arabic text. Of what use is learning the Koran in another language when Muslims pray in Arabic while reciting verses in the Koran? How many Muslims understand what they are saying when praying in Arabic?. . .Majority of the Muslims DO NOT understand Arabic yet read the Koran, no? Why are Hausa or Yoruba Muslims not saying  their 5 daily prays in the Hausa or Yoruba language? You say Allah's plan wasn't to make every body a Muslim, yet we have Muslims telling us that Allah says that Islam will take over the world someday, no?. . .Why is that?. . .

You apparently have ran out of words and still insist on restating the same questions, quibbling over meaning of what I wrote is clownish don't you think? and the this is also a fact Today Islam is virtually known everywhere and it is Miraculous that this was "achieved" by an "obscure" desert tribe, more importantly, as i have indicated earlier, Allah's Judgement on Individual who never heard of Islam will definitely be based on Criteria that he alone knows, but a principle in Islam makes Ignorance a defence, that is one's ignorance of Islam does not make culpable for not being a Muslim, but for people like mazaje and co, who despite have enough resource to study and understand the Qur'an and Islam, will be held accountable, This is simply repeating the same mediocre question in a different way,[b] like I indicated Allah had provided guidance to all of Humanity.  The chief reason your questions are mediocre is because they lack logical coherence.[/b]

Firstly, many people do not know about Islam, many might have heard about it and that's all. Over 80 percent of the  present world population do not believe in its stories, theology and its God. . .In what books or ways can Allah's guidance for the Chinese that lived 1000 year ago be found? I will like to know how Allah provided guidance for the ancient Greeks that lived 2000 years ago. . .How did Allah interact with them and in which of their documents did they record it? We have them talking about their interactions with Zeus and Buddha, but Allah gets no mention, no?

Jesus preached submission to a Jahovah, Muslims are not mediocre like yourself who think Allah is for the arabs, you nor any other atheist for that matter can not define to us what we worship, what rational people do is that, rather than sit and make suggestions of what other people believe they examine what they believe and make adequate deductions, i have tried severally to teach you Logical Coherent Way of Learning and Making Rational Deduction, inmstead I find you firmly bounded by fanaticism on Illiterate way of doing things. The Word Ellah appeared in the bible, you are darn to ignorant to even argue well. Lie, the Liar is clear for all to see, the atheist cannot refute Veda anymore they now result to insults and mediocre propelled withdrawal symptoms. There is what they call belief, what we Muslim believe and have proven from the bible -which you are vastly Ignorant of- is that Jesus came and preached submision to the Will of Ela, a good number of Christian clergy, Jewsish scholars and even the vatican accept that muslim and Christian worship one God, rather I keep engaging an atheist with no credential for research or study.

Read the bible, the God it talks about constantly addressed the people himself many times and said that his NAME is Jehovah, Yahweh and NOT Allah so I wonder why you keep talking about Jesus and Islam when Jesus does NOT know Islam and Allah. The bible is there for all to read, no?. . . .Where does the name Allah appear in the bible?. . . .Jesus according to the bible claimed to be the son of God where as Allah of the Koran says he doesn't have any son, no? Where did Jesus say that people should submit to the will of Allah? Elohim is NOT Allah, you can try another Islamic propaganda, and NO Muslims and Christians do NOT worship the same God, only the politically correct Christians will tell you that but the true worshipers of Jehovah Yahweh know that their God is NOT the same with Allah. . . .Go ask a Jew if he worships the same God with Muslims and he will spit on your face. . . .

If you were informed enough you would have know.

I just decided to let it pass because it wasn't worth responding to. . .

If Allah gives an instructuion in the qur'an and people fail to follow it, then you have yourself to blame, if Muslims fail to adhere to the teachings of their religion we facwe the peril therein, Allah intervenes as he deems fit, and we do learn lessons from all this events, what remains baffling is your deliberate attempt to blame Allah for your muisguidiance, yet from all indications you are the one who fails to read, your are the one who is dishonest to his own conscience, you .    .

I don't blame Allah for nothing since he doesn't exist, what exist is the belief and the religion that runs on that belief and nothing else. As I aforementioned Allah found it important to tell Mohamed how and who's women he could Be Intimate with. But not to designate a clear successor which would have prevented the catastrophic Sunni/Shia divide. eh? interesting. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Peter Nworie Chukwu Ordained For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Wife, Folu, On Her 73rd Birthday (Photos, Video) / Difference Between Christmas And Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 282
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.