Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:26 AM

"You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America (70271 Views)

Buhari Minister Aregbesola Spotted Fighting In America / Ambode And Aregbesola Spotted After Tinubu Betrayal Tirade Against Buhari / I've No Knowledge Of The Ministry Buhari Assigned To Me—Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Hotguy27: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2022
How many top government officials from the developed countries visit and roam the streets of Nigeria?
Useless Nigerian politicians.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by kelvindj98: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2022
mightiersa:
Idiot that should have seized the opportunity to make good political contact in Nigeria that may put an end to his toilet cleaning job. He's busy disgracing himself as if that stupid act will change anything in Nigeria. If Aregbesola is wanted for I interrogation, FBI, Immigration and Police are there to do their job.

Lesson:

Don't fight for Nigeria wrongly

Not everyone is a poverty stricken zombie that licks politician asses like you.

1 Like

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by drakeli: 8:51am On Jul 17, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’m not going to debate about the laws that I studied and received a license to practice.
Public figures get recorded everyday. That’s why paparazzi do their job. What law prohibits them?
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:51am On Jul 17, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
lol.... You smash you pay!
You won't be allowed to leave the country until you pay. You schedule will be disrupted.
You might even end up have restrictions from entering America for 20 years.

If Rauf felt disrespected he should sue the guy!
Not smashing his phone, that's how it works in the states. U. S no bi banana republic bro!

Right.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 8:54am On Jul 17, 2022
obailala:
Is he a public official in the US? Is he in the US on any assignment as a public official from Nigeria? If a stranger walks up to you with a phone and starts recording, dont you think that's an invasion of your privacy?
NO .

You are in public and there is no privacy as long as they keep a reasonable distance . Does not make any difference that he is a public official that is irrelevant.
Anything that is in your visual field that you can record with your eyes in a public space you can record with your phone.
Why not invest a little time and do some research?
The legal positions is that is you are in public you do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy

So why not Google

REASONABLE EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY
If a person did not undertake reasonable efforts to conceal something from a casual observer (as opposed to a snoop), then no subjective expectation of privacy is assumed
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by obstead200(m): 8:55am On Jul 17, 2022
Felimax:
Some Nigerians in diaspora are just plain stupid. The man from the video was not constituting any nuisance so why the video?

Yes, it's America a free country but I will smash your phone then we end it in court. Fool!
he was lucky Aregberascal does not know the law. The ex governor can actually seize that phone and smash it on the floor, and the court will support him. He has every right to his privacy.

If I were the governor, I will bring out my own phone and record him too. Then I will whisper to him that his video would be sent to the DSS and SARS, who would pick up members of his family, particularly his mother, in Nigeria and make life horrible for them. That would reset his "this is America" brains .

NB: is not like I support theiving governors, but that does not mean I should violate his foundamental human rights unduly
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2022
drakeli:
Public figures get recorded everyday. That’s why paparazzi do their job. What law prohibits them?

I never said there was. All along, I’ve said the same thing:
There is no law in the US that prohibits ANYONE, public or private, from being recorded in a public space.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2022
30naira:

He is not violating his privacy. When you are public,there is no expectation of privacy. The US supreme Court has long established that. That's why the paparazzi can camp outside your house and take pics. Like he said "this is America "

This guy is correct. If Buhari came to the US, he could be recorded also.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by descarado: 9:00am On Jul 17, 2022
He thinks he is in Nigeria?

Nigerian politicians don't know how to be civil when they are in hostile environment because hostility is part of their nature.

He should have handled this well and the tide will be in his favour.

1 Like

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by TheGift: 9:01am On Jul 17, 2022
SisterFire:
...shut up ,I don't do this but I am ready to fight u dull Nigerians now ...Do you know what diaspora face all because likes of aregbesola made living hell in Nigeria? ...the pains,the Disgrace and anguish is second to none.
Aregbesola isn't just a someone but a tinubu drug boy boy thief ...I know him well in 1996 before my numerous trip .

Whatever you do try working on your English and communication skills. It's very poor.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by bdon123(m): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2022
Umedia:
[VIDEO] "You Can Not Record Me" Buhari’s Minister, Aregbesola Spotted "Fighting" In America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEDgI1pTXMw

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Most of u understand d rationale behind d recording.Nigerians in diaspora are using d little power they hav over there to embarrass this politicians anytime they come over there....reason being if u try it here in naija,d politician will kidnap u in broad day light n nothing will happen.I totally support d embarrassment n humiliation.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2022
Umedia:
[VIDEO] "You Can Not Record Me" Buhari’s Minister, Aregbesola Spotted "Fighting" In America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEDgI1pTXMw

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

I am not interested in what happened REALLY.
But the guy is saying refined rubbish.

"This is America, i can do what i like"
Deceivers everywhere, do what you like whether you won't end up in bars.

Pure nonsense!
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by obstead200(m): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2022
aribisala0:
NO .

You are in public and there is no privacy as long as they keep a reasonable distance . Does not make any difference that he is a public official that is irrelevant.
Anything that is in your visual field that you can record with your eyes in a public space you can record with your phone.
Why not invest a little time and do some research?
The legal positions is that is you are in public you do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy

So why not Google

REASONABLE EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY
I do not need research to tell me that Ur interpretation of the law here is flawed. If u are recording the scenery and u capture me inevitably, then it is ok. But If u pointedly chose to follow me, chase me, hound me up and down just to video me, then it amounts to stalking, harassment and violation of my private space. Except I am constituting a nuisance and there is reasonable basis to prove that Ur action in recording me is intended to be used as some sort of evidence to assist the law enforcement
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 9:03am On Jul 17, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

He isn’t considered a public figure in America. He’s an ordinary man, a guest, an everyday person. Public and private figures can be recorded without permission in public.
In law it is irrelevant whether he is a public figure.

If you can see it in public you can record it

1 Like

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:03am On Jul 17, 2022
bekpo:
The idiot is a big fool. That u r in America, does that gives u d audacity to record someone without his consent? Even when he blatantly told u he's declind u recording him? People r just being stupid. Aregbesola should just press charges against d idiot.
Where ur right stops, someone elses right begins. Ur right isn't absolutes. U don't exercise ur right 2 d violation of mother's rights. This is really insane.

There are no charges to press. If he wanted privacy, he should’ve ordered room service.

Do you know why the politician in the video didn’t do anything that people keep suggesting? Because he knew that the guy didn’t break any laws and that the shit he pulls with citizens in Nigeria wouldn’t work here.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:04am On Jul 17, 2022
aribisala0:
In law it is irrelevant whether he is a public figure.

If you can see it you can record it

I’ve been stressing this same point all along. ANYONE can be recorded.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:06am On Jul 17, 2022
Hotguy27:
How many top government officials from the developed countries visit and roam the streets of Nigeria?
Useless Nigerian politicians.

United States governors visit and roam the streets of the US.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Amunethseranu(f): 9:06am On Jul 17, 2022
dazzlingd:

With this introduction, that guy will never be our friend grin grin

Well I may be wrong
...I don't even need his friend ship ,I was just sorry insulting his mum.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:06am On Jul 17, 2022
obstead200:

I do not need research to tell me that Ur interpretation of the law here is flawed. If u are recording the scenery and u capture me inevitably, then it is ok. But If u pointedly chose to follow me, chase me, hound me up and down just to video me, then it amounts to stalking, harassment and violation of my private space. Except I am constituting a nuisance and there is reasonable basis to prove that Ur action in recording me is intended to be used as some sort of evidence to assist the law enforcement

Your interpretation is actually flawed. What you described is commonplace in the US.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by DesChyko: 9:08am On Jul 17, 2022
obstead200:

I would advise that you just check out the 'reasonable expectation of privacy first.'
That's like the first thing that came to my mind when Rauf began to expect what he can't get in a public space. If anything, it's the outfit that should establish rules against that and prosecute if violated, not Rauf.

This, my friend, is not Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Amunethseranu(f): 9:08am On Jul 17, 2022
sketcherJ:
where is your fuc.king world? You keep shouting your world
... My world is hundreds and thousands of light years from earth . I came through reincarnation .
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Gift96: 9:09am On Jul 17, 2022
ajl:

Yea. And if you feel threatened, you have a right to go to the court to seek an order that prevent that individual from coming near you by some distance. Thats how celebrities deal with stalkers.
But what if the guy is a kidnapper and he let the guy record him instead of attacking him?

we argue in defense of inappropriate acts because we arent the one at the receiving end
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:11am On Jul 17, 2022
obstead200:
he was lucky Aregberascal does not know the law. The ex governor can actually seize that phone and smash it on the floor, and the court will support him. He has every right to his privacy.

If I were the governor, I will bring out my own phone and record him too. Then I will whisper to him that his video would be sent to the DSS and SARS, who would pick up members of his family, particularly his mother, in Nigeria and make life horrible for them. That would reset his "this is America" brains .

NB: is not like I support theiving governors, but that does not mean I should violate his foundamental human rights unduly

The ex governor DOES know the law of the land which is why he didn’t try any of the bullshit he would’ve tried in Nigeria with Nigerian citizens.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 9:13am On Jul 17, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’ve been stressing this same point all along. ANYONE can be recorded.
Having said that engaging with the subject being filmed may be an offence e.g. if you are filming and using abusive language or act in a stalking manner but that is a separate and distinct matter from the recording
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:15am On Jul 17, 2022
DesChyko:

I would advise that you just check out the 'reasonable expectation of privacy first.'
That's like the first thing that came to my mind when Rauf began to expect what he can't get in a public space. If anything, it's the outfit that should establish rules against that and prosecute if violated, not Rauf.

This, my friend, is not Nigeria.

Here is a person with a good grasp on how the law works.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:19am On Jul 17, 2022
Joe Biden, the leader of the free world and this country, was recorded riding and subsequently falling off his bicycle here in the US with no consequences to the person recording but these guys are here insisting that a minor foreign politician is owed privacy in this same country.
Make that make sense.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by shomutuski(m): 9:21am On Jul 17, 2022
SisterFire:
...Damn it ,sue your ass Harvey , in my world that aregbesola man would have been burnt to ashes but in ur cursed black world u still side him. You are wicked yes
We live in diaspora because of this wicked souls eating our nature given wealth , we suffer bitten cold , humiliation for peanuts and total shame ,we hid our faces in a whiteman land with resources ,when in Nigeria we have it bountifully.
Is paining my heart that man didn't slap rotten teeths outta his maggotted teeth

g
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 9:21am On Jul 17, 2022
obstead200:

They are separate issues
Making a video recording
Stalking etc

They cannot and should not be conflated. I have a right to record YOU once you are in public not just the scenery .
There is nothing like private space perhaps you mean personal space which would generally be arm's length
It makes no sense arguing about stuff when the answers are in the public

I can stand outside your house with a camera and start filming you the moment you step out
Annoying but lawful

So the argument about making the recording has no merit and should not be conflated
Even if you feel you are being hounded what are you legal options? Certainly not smashing the phone which would be assault and criminal damage.
You at best can get a restraining order for persistent harassment

1 Like

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2022
aribisala0:
They are separate issues
Making a video recording
Stalking etc

They cannot and should not be conflated. I have a right to record YOU once you are in public not just the scenery .
There is nothing like private space perhaps you mean personal space which would generally be arm's length
It makes no sense arguing about stuff when the answers are in the public

I can stand outside your house with a camera and start filming you the moment you step out
Annoying but lawful

So the argument about making the recording has no merit and should not be conflated
Even if you feel you are being hounded what are you legal options? Certainly not smashing the phone which would be assault and criminal damage.
You at best can get a restraining order for persistent harassment

Wonderfully worded.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by drsibz66(m): 9:26am On Jul 17, 2022
As a public figure you can be recorded or photos of you can be taken when in public.

Only evil doers fear videos and pic.

Public figures get recorded, snapped all the time when in the public

1 Like

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2022
drsibz66:
As a public figure you can be recorded or photos of you can be taken when in public.

Only evil doers fear videos and pic.

Public figures get recorded, snapped all the time when in the public

Yes. A man with a clear conscience and nothing to hide would’ve kept on moving.
He sounded very ridiculous telling the guy to give him his phone, making it obvious that he was ashamed of being seen.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 989900: 9:31am On Jul 17, 2022
Felimax:

And you think that is the best way to address him? For real? Are we really educated at all in this country?

So, to what end is the video?

I cannot believe I share same country with some class of people.

Did you see where the man even offered him space to sit down?
Will that not be an opportunity to kindly tell him you want to have him on video so that he can explain or address your grievances the best way he can and leave the judgement for the rest of us to decide?

GBAM!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsman With 53 AK-47 Guns Arrested In Nasarawa (pictures) / Kano Prince, Mustapha Ado Bayero, Marries 2 Wives On Same Day (Photos) / Twitter Reacts To Suspension By Nigerian Government, Says It's 'Deeply Concerned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.