Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,387 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

"You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America (70180 Views)

Buhari Minister Aregbesola Spotted Fighting In America / Ambode And Aregbesola Spotted After Tinubu Betrayal Tirade Against Buhari / I've No Knowledge Of The Ministry Buhari Assigned To Me—Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by maasoap(m): 8:01am On Jul 17, 2022
ajl:

You know what's called assault. So far it is in the public space, you can be recorded Mr. Most especially a public official. He should have just kept his ego in check and act normal; or he stay put in Nigeria.
MALIGNANTGuest:
IF AREGBE RASCAL had destroyed that phone he would have suffered immensely.
USA has got funny Laws, unlike Naija oo
That Guy will win the case!
He's a public officer & such extends to him.
He can be recorded at any point in time especially in the public.

That's clearly an harassment. But our hatred for Nigerian politicians being what they are wouldn't let us agree that guy's conduct wasn't proper. When it comes to Nigerian politicians, we're always emotional as a result of their insensitivity, selfishness and wickedness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Krismas(m): 8:01am On Jul 17, 2022
RaptorX:
What is going to America for a Nigerian minister and a former governor that he needs a skirt to let you know, is this the first time he is traveling to America.
grin Political UPSTART!
grin Aregbesola named Osun state, THE STATE OF OSUN
He was 2time gov of the state
Only for him to fly to America for lunch on the day of state-governor election?
Dat is normal to u?
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 679akinrinnola: 8:01am On Jul 17, 2022
because d boy boy aregbe betrayed ur drug god Tinubu ryt?because d boy boy aregbe betrayed ur drug god Tinubu ryt?...
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:02am On Jul 17, 2022
able20:
Most Nigerians in America are very funny.
The Bushman was hard shouting this is America , but he was seen violating someome else's privacy

Privacy doesn’t exist in public spaces.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by ariesbull: 8:02am On Jul 17, 2022
sorosoke101:
But dats very wrong of you to record someone's private life, even if it is paradise
he isn't a private citizen he is a public citizen and must be recorded...

Don't be daft please

1 Like

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by virginchaser(m): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2022
Smart thing Aregbe could have done was to bring out his phone and take his picture.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by OscarJaden(m): 8:04am On Jul 17, 2022
plaindealer:
Another crude, toxic and mannerless ipob embarrassing Nigeria.

Look and the uncultured nuisance shouting this is America as if being in America means you have to be a nuisance, violate people's privacy or break the law.

This is why you can take crude people away from the village, but you can not take the village from them.

Barbaric Animals and anti social beasts..
you are just barbaric
It is ipob member that is speaking yoruba
I guess you didn't even watch the video

1 Like

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by mu2sa2: 8:06am On Jul 17, 2022
Felimax:

And you think that is the best way to address him? For real? Are we really educated at all in this country?

So, to what end is the video?

I cannot believe I share same country with some class of people.

Did you see where the man even offered him space to sit down?
Will that not be an opportunity to kindly tell him you want to have him on video so that he can explain or address your grievances the best way he can and leave the judgement for the rest of us to decide?

It's easy to recognise an educated person from a tout from his/her post.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by owagbeba: 8:07am On Jul 17, 2022
SisterFire:
...shut up ,I don't do this but I am ready to fight u dull Nigerians now ...Do you know what diaspora face all because likes of aregbesola made living hell in Nigeria? ...the pains,the Disgrace and anguish is second to none.
Aregbesola isn't just a someone but a tinubu drug boy boy thief ...I know him well in 1996 before my numerous trip .

Thank you for speaking up. We here are so tired of these dumb folks who show so much support to these kleptomaniac politicians.

See the man -aregbesola- enjoying the peace and comfort of America while he had the chance to recreate some of that peace and comfort in his Osun state but he did nothing. He left his people in penury, now enjoying his wealth in America.

The “vawulence” shown to him in his comfort zone is applaudable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by drakeli: 8:09am On Jul 17, 2022
Felimax:
Some Nigerians in diaspora are just plain stupid. The man from the video was not constituting any nuisance so why the video?

Yes, it's America a free country but I will smash your phone then we end it in court. Fool!
You will smash his phone? Did he touch you? If no, then be ready to pay in court
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Asour: 8:09am On Jul 17, 2022
zickyclef:
Ppl like problem aswear
Illiterate forming American
He can sue bro

While I can't do what the man did,

Do you have any known successful example of a (non violent) case where a fellow in US was sued for videoing a public figure in a public location.

Would you mind sharing such example?
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by KingAzubuike(f): 8:10am On Jul 17, 2022
MiaBeer:

You are obviously misinformed about the privacy laws of the United States. Once you’re in a public place, you can be recorded with or without permission. Also, the minister also works for Nigerian taxpayers. The man taking the video was rude but the minister shouldn’t have been confrontational too.
Oga keep quiet and stop forming woke when you actually know nothing. I'm not a fan of aregbe but that dude was plainly constituting nuisance. Someone asked you to stop recording him yet you remained adamant and forming this is America nonsense. If aregbe had smashed that phone, he would have won in court. I've seen similar situations. What the guy did was no longer recording, it was becoming an harassment.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by drakeli: 8:12am On Jul 17, 2022
able20:
The Bushman was hard shouting this is America , but he was seen violating someome else's privacy
Did he come into his house to record? He met him in public space, aregbe is a public figure. He can be recorded. No public officer in America would be able to stop the guy. They would simply walk away. God bless America

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by owagbeba: 8:12am On Jul 17, 2022
Krismas:
grin Political UPSTART!
grin Aregbesola named Osun state, THE STATE OF OSUN
He was 2time gov of the state
Only for him to fly to America for lunch on the day of state-governor election?
Dat is normal to u?

Thanks for pointing this out. 8 years of misrule and maladministration. Did nothing to develop the human index in his state. People are still poor with wanton lacks. It’s a shame, really. I have no love for these politicians and folks who support them
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Amunethseranu(f): 8:12am On Jul 17, 2022
Safyqueen:

You hate Nigeria, blacks and will never stop. Then you are a Satan inside hell fire. Your moniker suggest same. period. No need arguing with you please.
shut up little one
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Blaqputin(m): 8:12am On Jul 17, 2022
MikoB:
Even though, you are in america does not give you the right to record someone without his permission, Adeko dere Ode.
It's America, the right dey plenty, if this event happened in Nigeria, that guy for don collect since yesterday
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:13am On Jul 17, 2022
Moh247:
angry

If they deport him now he would blame village people

Doesn't he knows that attack constitute harrasment

To make matters worse, US government would treat Aregbesola as a Diplomat while he would be arrested as an illegal immigrant

The guy wouldn’t be deported. And That’s a lie. He would be treated like anyone else on a visitor’s visa, no diplomatic privileges apply. The US government doesn’t know or care who he is.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by MetaPhysical: 8:13am On Jul 17, 2022
Laws differ by state on video/audio recording of persons in US. You can record in public space but in non-public places, like restaurant, home, inside vehicle, some states want you to first obtain consent of the target. In those consent states a target must first issue a warning and say I do not consent to being recorded, stop recording me. If the recording continues a law of privacy has been breached and target may press charges.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by KingAzubuike(f): 8:13am On Jul 17, 2022
coachwilcox:
And for those of you who claim public figure bullshit

1. Aregbesola is not a united States public figure.
2. He was not there on a mission to maybe negotiate a deal to free hushpuppy or negotiate a cooperation/trade deal with official govt vehicle with plates and an entourage. He was simply eating at a restaurant.
3. The restaurant is private property and he was harassing their patron. That's enough to press charges.
4. The guy claimed to be American but if I remember the oath of citizenship, you denounce any affiliation with any foreign country while reading it. That alone will put him on a DHS watchlist and the judge in the harassment suit will frown on that.

To the dark side, if DSS blacklist that guy because I'm sure the fool will be visiting Nigeria to come drink trophy once in a while they will just plan drugs on him and mess his life up.

Let's call a spade a spade. What the guy did was wrong.
What the kid did can no longer be considered as recording , it was already turning to harassment. Someone was repeatedly telling you to stop something yet you dey form this is America. The people supporting the kid would have smashed his phones if it happened to them.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Asour: 8:13am On Jul 17, 2022
MikoB:
Even though, you are in america does not give you the right to record someone without his permission, Adeko dere Ode.

Sure,
I agree with you physically. But legally (in non violent situations) your claim has no precedence for public servants in America.

It'll hardly fly.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Amunethseranu(f): 8:14am On Jul 17, 2022
Amodi470:

You lied
You registered here August 30th, 2019
...that's my 3rd monikker , first highqueen registered in 2009 , second husbandsnatcha in 2018 then this in 2019 after an E fight with a lesbian.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by drakeli: 8:14am On Jul 17, 2022
Felimax:

Ok, calm down! I like people who believes they know too much.

Let's get civil and demonstrate how we are affected by that man's action. Trust me, I don't give a muscle over you guys in diaspora, I perfectly know that a handful of you are nothing different from the perfect definition of stupidity plus you only help demonstrate how much of a perfect example you are.

You want to get dirty? Do that as a matter of urgency, I have the laundry waiting.

You sound like a politician worshipper. People don’t worship politicians in America. The guy did what any American has the right to do. Except that he was too close
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Vikynas: 8:15am On Jul 17, 2022
SisterFire:
...Damn it ,sue your ass Harvey , in my world that aregbesola man would have been burnt to ashes but in ur cursed black world u still side him. You are wicked yes
We live in diaspora because of this wicked souls eating our nature given wealth , we suffer bitten cold , humiliation for peanuts and total shame ,we hid our faces in a whiteman land with resources ,when in Nigeria we have it bountifully.
Is paining my heart that man didn't slap rotten teeths outta his maggotted teeth
I don't know you but whoever you are i love you for this comment�

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by sketcherJ(m): 8:15am On Jul 17, 2022
SisterFire:
Now sensible Nigerians are speaking up not some fools up there .
He would have been burnt on sight if it's my world. Fools here don't know cleaning a brown poo old perverted american is one of the jobs of diaspora Nigerians . That guy would av killed that bleeped up politician.
where is your fuc.king world? You keep shouting your world

1 Like

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by owagbeba: 8:16am On Jul 17, 2022
Recording him was a minor crime compared to his 8 years of misrule of Osun state.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Fearyourcreator: 8:16am On Jul 17, 2022
Felimax:

And you think that is the best way to address him? For real? Are we really educated at all in this country?

So, to what end is the video?

I cannot believe I share same country with some class of people.

Did you see where the man even offered him space to sit down?
Will that not be an opportunity to kindly tell him you want to have him on video so that he can explain or address your grievances the best way he can and leave the judgement for the rest of us to decide?

Lolzzzx...
Nothing you can ever do to help Nigeria ... The masses always think they are better... Just give them same opportunity... They wont do better... Little freedom the man get ... He just dey shout this is America...

1 Like

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by drakeli: 8:16am On Jul 17, 2022
able20:

If only Nigerians have the guts to do the same and you stop kissing politicians shoes, Nigeria would be a better place.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:16am On Jul 17, 2022
obailala:
I think the guy recording is just being stupid. If a stranger just comes and starts following me around and recording me closely with my camera, I believe I have the right to even smash his phone for invading my privacy and threatening my life.

If you’re in America, You’ll also have the right to remain silent as you’re being arrested.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Fearyourcreator: 8:17am On Jul 17, 2022
zickyclef:

What about you coming home to lead the industrial revolution. Keyboard warrior
Lolzzzzz!
Na them supposed dey kee dem for Yankee and Europe for us... Na only mouth them get
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Fearyourcreator: 8:18am On Jul 17, 2022
SisterFire:
...My business with blackfools is teach them universal codes then expose my dad yahweh same person as SATAN,my uncle Allah/holyspirit same as Lucifer .
And tell about the universe , parallel worlds , dark enermy/matters . Then I go back to my huge self after suicide.no time with tiny fools when my creations 22fts are far taller and preety in my favorite colour purple , pink and green .You dark fools and ur stupid creators are dead in the brain that's all I will say 4 now ,
I av started the deprogrammes since 2020 after J SW S
https://www.nairaland.com/6367965/universal-codesinverse-worldnature-science-etc/287#114805289
Nibo la tun jasi bayii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:19am On Jul 17, 2022
obailala:
Is he a public official in the US? Is he in the US on any assignment as a public official from Nigeria? If a stranger walks up to you with a phone and starts recording, dont you think that's an invasion of your privacy?

No, it isn’t.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 8:20am On Jul 17, 2022
drakeli:
Did he come into his house to record? He met him in public space, aregbe is a public figure. He can be recorded. No public officer in America would be able to stop the guy. They would simply walk away. God bless America
Even the police cannot stop you recording them. It is a constitutional right

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Work Begins At The Presidential Villa In Abuja After Rats Infestation. Photos / Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom / Ebele Obiano N1m Gucci Eyeglasses Got People Talking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.