Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,024 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too (3627 Views)

"I’m Grateful I Never Left Him" – Says A Lady Who Dated A Poor Guy Now Rich / In Love With 2 Women, Please Help / 7 Benefits Of Dating A Poor Guy;Number 3 Will Shock You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by siofra(f): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
I have a cousin. Her dad is my uncle and they are VERY POOR. Too poor my Parents helped pay some of the children's school fees at some points. (The number of people's children my parents trained ehn, uncountable. And I've decided NOT to follow in that trend. Make person wey born train.)

So, this my cousin is a few years older than I am. About 10 years ago, after she finished University and NYSC, she had a good number of suitors.

One was a successful business man, another was a University lecturer (son of a family friend), another one lives in the UK, all these three are the ones we know, all graduates.
I had a friend who used to live in the UK, but now lives in Canada. He wanted a wife with some specific physical features, and my cousin fit everything he wanted. I matched them, and my cousin stopped picking calls after a few weeks. I had to match him with another childhood friend and they got married about 8 years ago.

So, my cousin rejected every eligible bachelor that came for her.

She told us she has a boyfriend and they are both head over heels in love with each other. This her boyfriend is educated to secondary school level, he is so poor, even my poor cousin who was earning N30,000 per month as a secondary school teacher was feeding him.
I mean, MY cousin was poor, earning N30k per month. So, imagine the level of poverty of this her boyfriend, if this my poor cousin was the one feeding him.

Her father talked.
Her mother talked.
We all talked.

But she said they are in love. And that her boyfriend has potentials and working on some things.

They got married in 2015, currently have 3 children.

THEY ARE STILL POOR.

She still begs me for money.

Now... this is the moral of my story.
Many people will NOT like this moral, but I'll say it anyway.

A POOR PERSON HAS NO BUSINESS MARRYING FOR LOVE.

Love does NOT pay bills.

"Marrying for love" is a luxury only the rich and middle class can afford.

YES! I recommend you love who you marry, but love should NOT be your only criteria.

I do NOT come from a poor home. I come from a middle class Nigerian family. Still, I had a standard below which I was never going to go.

Your father is poor,
You are poor, teaching in secondary school and earning N30K. You leave men who are doing well, and decided to stick with and mingle with a poor man... in marriage.

In this life, WISDOM IS PROFITABLE TO DIRECT! And you need to be strategic in life.

My advice is especially to girls...
Dear ladies (from poor homes),
AVOID POOR MEN!
Dem nor use poverty curse you.

If they call you a gold digger, SO BE IT!

People marry for different reasons.
- Some for children within wedlock...
- Some for abroad papers...
- Some for money...
- Some to escape from poverty.

They are ALL SELFISH REASONS!

If your reason for marriage is to escape from poverty, DO IT!

And, yes! Money is NOT mutually exclusive to good behavior.
They say it's better to cry on a Ferrari than in a mud house.
But then, you don't have to cry at all. You can eat ice cream and enjoy in that your Ferrari.

Bleep POTENTIALS!

For every 10 men with potentials, only about 1 finally made it big.

Of all my uncle's that married poor and all my aunties that married poor men, ONLY ONE of them eventually became a multimillionaire. The rest are still poor till THIS MOMENT!

When I say poor girls should avoid poor men, I'm not saying he must be as rich as Dangote. I'm saying he should at least be able to afford a 2-bedroom apartment, afford good food, a small car, and decent standard of living... FOR A START.

You can't be from a poor home, poor yourself, and you go and start dating and marrying someone you will be feeding. You will suffer in this life ehn, you go hear whinn!

They will tell you that your father is not rich, your mother is not rich, but you are looking for a rich man.

Well, you did NOT choose your father, and you did NOT choose your mother. But you are going to choose your husband or wife.
That's the major difference.

Same advise to men too. But, as always, my focus is on women.

Some poor men and boys will cry on this post with different lines, and some will say I'm deceiving girls and telling them to be gold diggers. Some will ask how much my husband has. I NOR CARE!

Well, I'm from a middle class family, and so is my husband.

I can afford a decent standard of living, and so can my husband.
I married my level.

But, if I were from a poor home, better believe I'd have DUG GOLD for real. I fear poverty.

The fear of lifetime abject poverty is the beginning of wisdom.

God bless you all.

- Nkechi Bianze

11 Likes

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by siofra(f): 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2022
A word is enough for the wise!

Men will come here to oppose this post because it doesn't benefit them.

DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THEM

6 Likes

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Bluntguy: 7:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
You are that your cousin. Whether you marry for love or for money remains your business.

7 Likes

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Justbehave(m): 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
siofra:

Rubbish. Go and marry.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by siofra(f): 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
Bluntguy:
You are that your cousin. Whether you marry for love or for money remains your business.

I'm not the original poster.

The original poster is on Facebook. Her name is Nkechi Bianze.
Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by MufasaLion: 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
Well, you're right. Two broke people shouldn't marry. It's one of the most stupid things anyone could do.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Bluntguy: 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
siofra:

You open a thread you are FTC too. Smh
Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by siofra(f): 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
Justbehave:
Rubbish. Go and marry.

Poor men will be so angry with this post cheesy

But whatever!

3 Likes

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Justbehave(m): 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2022
siofra:

Poor men will be so angry with this post cheesy

But whatever!
I have kids already and not interested in you girls of this generation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Rosaline5000: 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
This need 1000 likes, a word is enough for the wise, love will fade when you start looking for money to feed your children or wearing tattered clothes when your age mates are dressing fancy.
Ladies marry a guy that have money to take care of you and your children nor be love matter.
You can do love when you are a teenager not when matured enough to understand life and one more thing take care of your looks, attracting a well to do man, you need to look beautiful.
So dress well and always look amazing cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Islandlady(f): 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2022
This is just the fact!

I can't marry a poor and broke man!!! Infact I am allergic to poor men embarassed

Girls that have ear let her hear! Don't be blinded by love pls! Love will not feed you, cloth you and take care of your children! Be wise!

4 Likes

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by 40fy: 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2022

**As a real nigga, I ain't gonna advise no fûckin' lady to marry a broke mothafucka like me, which is why I'm always grindin'!! Chasin' the paper like shit!!!

**What's up, Rosaline5000??
**You're still breathin'?? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by LIVE08(m): 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2022
40fy:

**As a real nigga, I ain't gonna advise no fûckin' lady to marry a broke mothafucka like me, which is why I'm always grindin'!! Chasin' the paper like shit!!!

Fúcking rubbish.
Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by LIVE08(m): 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2022
siofra:

That's true.
Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by posty56: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
yawn!; another clickbaity post ,that seeks to drag attention , thankfully ,rich men aren't easy to come by as they see better options of women,. by the the time age start setting in, you go settle for least musa
Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by posty56: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
yawn!; another clickbaity post ,that seeks to drag attention , thankfully ,rich men aren't easy to come by as they see better options of women,. by the the time age start setting in, you go settle for the least musa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by MisterRuk(m): 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
Men please don't marry an ugly woman for love especially if you're ugly.
Balanced.

2 Likes

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Zonefree(m): 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
Two broke people no dey help each other.

As I am broke like this, nothing concern me with broke and wretched Nigerian girls. I've stopped giving them access to my glorious gbola cos they don't deserve and value it.

5 Likes

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
[size=8pt][/size]
siofra:
A POOR PERSON HAS NO BUSINESS MARRYING FOR LOVE.

who are you to dictate who poor people should and/or shouldnt love? if "you" wanna value people for their money then so be it; if thats what you desire for yourself then so be it, but stop making it seem like every poor person out there should value money (above all) like you do.
people who think like you do (and are ready to sell themselves to the highest bidder/donkey) often end up used and abused by these men with money, who use money as a tool to control/abuse/degrade them.

no wonder so many unfortunate women are gladly staying in miserable marriages, when people think the way you do!

1 Like

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Starz825(m): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
Funny enough the poster made Alot of sense...

But my question is

Shey na every lady go fit eventually find rich man marry?

Na rich man some girls dey find dey wait till weyDem enter menopause ooo...

This life no just balance abeg....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Samakus(m): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
I see nothing wrong in the post.

We attach so much importance to marriage in this part of the world. Funnily, it's poor people who are always so much in a haste to get married. Many end up recycling poverty.

Men, chill. Marry when you have stood. Marrying early is good if you have stood financially. If not, you're setting yourself up for the continuation of the cyclical poverty to your children.

I'm out

10 Likes

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Rosaline5000: 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2022
40fy:

Still kicking, so you are broke!! poor you
Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by ValCon888: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2022
Any woman who marries a man for financial reasons is an economic refugee.

Her only loyalty is to your money.

1 Like

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Teameric: 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2022
this is one side of the coin, what bout the other side? you marry a rich dude, he takes care of all your financial problems and probably that of your family too. such a person can treat you however he likes and you and your family won't do jack since you depend on him for your survival. I wouldn't advise my sister to marry a man because of his money in order to preserve my family's respect. As long as a man can take care of his family financially, that is what matters.

5 Likes

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by doubleE70: 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2022
yup that's the only thing they ever think of money money money. why not go marry your dad nonsense

1 Like

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Nyascobar1414: 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
Now, the question is where is the rich man?
Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by BlaqJosh: 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
Nyascobar1414:
Now, the question is where is the rich man?

Lol bro, E choke oooh
Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by LikeAking: 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2022
[quote author=siofra post=114831264][/quote]

True talk.
Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by theotheegodd: 10:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
Life is like a mirror...
You Attract what you are...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by KingRoi: 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2022

You said girls shouldn't marry a poor guy especially when they come from a poor family

You think and talk like a child and you don't understand the world we are in

If you get married to a rich man will you love him or he's money? When the money stop coming will you be there? You sound like someone that will start sleeping with order men for money

About your cousin she married because she loves her husband and not will ever change that ..Things are rough for them now but not forever

They didn't plan that's the only place I blame them..I have seen married couples with Sixty thousand naira a month income ,and still live happily

Don't judge her because she married the man she loves ,if you really care advice her to plan well with her husband
Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by freddie009(m): 10:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
Even men sef they avoid poor women. We can't inherit their family problem.

There was this lady that was head over heels in love with me, but when I saw her family. The pressure will be too much. I had to bail out.
Re: Women Please DON'T MARRY A POOR GUY FOR LOVE Especially If You're POOR Too by Mrscarter(f): 1:21am On Jul 18, 2022

I will rather struggle with someone I love than live rich without love and with somebody i cant love

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Said She Is An EMERE / Stingy Men Should Be Avoided At All Cost. Honestly They Are So Irritating / My Igbo Fiancy Introduce Her Lover As Brother For Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.