Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,038 members, 7,835,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Muslim-muslim Ticket Made Me Reject Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim-muslim Ticket Made Me Reject Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 – Atiku (185 Views)

2023: APC Muslim Youths Reject Tinubu-Shettima Presidential Ticket / Peter Obi Rejected Land Offer From Anambra Housing Corporation In 2007 (Photos) / Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Muslim-muslim Ticket Made Me Reject Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 – Atiku by BethiMcCauley: 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2022
Thav TV

The Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar discloses why himself and the All Progressive Congress (APC), Presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu have a rather sour relationship.
According to him, the squabble began in 2007, when Tinubu wanted to field him a Muslim-Muslim ticket, which he refused.
He said that this occurred under the then Action Congress (AC) political party, no longer functional, which had Atiku as its presidential candidate. Atiku said Tinubu wanted him to be his running mate. The Action Congress was established by Atiku, Tinubu and other political heavy weights.

Atiku said then when he presented his alternative option in the person of Ben Obi, to Tinubu, he was displeased with the choice, still insistent that Atiku make him his running mate.

Although Atiku eventually lost the election to late President Umar Yar’Adua of the PDP, his relationship with Tinubu had already gone south.
Speaking with Arise TV on Friday, Atiku said he became politically estranged with Tinubu after he presented Obi as his running mate.
He said: “He insisted on running with me and I didn’t believe it was right to have a Muslim-Muslim ticket.
“That was the point of my fundamental departure with him.”

https://thavmedia.com/muslim-muslim-ticket-made-me-reject-tinubu-as-running-mate-in-2007-atiku/
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Made Me Reject Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 – Atiku by successmatters(m): 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2022
Now we all will reject you and Tinubu in 2023.

We don't want old men with old ideas.

(1) (Reply)

LP Has No Structure, It Is Difficult To Expect A Miracle Because Of Peter Obi / Those Within The Age Of 50 And Above Are Our Problem For A Better Nigeria / Police Arrest Serial Kidnapper Recruiting Armed Men In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.