Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? (5090 Views)

Should I Be Bothered About This Statement By my Girlfriend / Should A Woman Be Bothered About Not Being Good In Bed? / Ladies, Will You Turn Down A Guy Because He Is Too Handsome? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
meobizy:
That’s left to the mods to figure out. I’ve played my part.

Ok it's clear now you're a mod too if not you wont be so bothered
Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by loswhite(m): 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
9japride:
From my observation, majority of people who does that are not really good people. It's just few of them that have genuine reasons, the rest are wayo people.
Wayo ppl when they find justification..lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by RenaissanceGuy: 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
One of the best things that ever happened to me was turning off my Read Receipt as far back as 7 years ago. By personal principle, I reply messages within 5 minutes after receiving them and when I'm not ready to receive messages or chat, I simply turn off my WhatsApp data connection, which is the sensible thing to do.

Advantage: if I view your status, you won't know unless I comment, and if you view mine, I also won't know unless you comment, which is just perfect!

A lot of people use it to manipulate conversations, especially ladies who'd read your messages from the notification menu or use WhatsApp mod app, but won't reply you for a long time, because they know that you'd see it as unread at your own end. Yeye manipulation.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2022
meobizy:
You should have reported him instead of flinging feces. Both parties are guilty of defacing the topic and dragging the forum’s reputation in mud.

And please stay away from my thread or my mention...I havent offended you and i dont know you..and mind your business

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
RenaissanceGuy:
One of the best things that ever happened to me was turning off my Read Receipt as far back as 7 years ago. By personal principle, I reply messages within 5 minutes after receiving them and when I'm not ready to receive messages or chat, I simply turn off my WhatsApp data connection, which is the sensible thing to do.

Advantage: if I view your status, you won't know unless I comment, and if you view mine, I also won't know unless you comment, which is just perfect!

Which is fair enough and works both ways

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Vix805: 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
I'd like to know if you have seen my messages or just ignoring me.
if you care enough to view my status and all that.

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
meobizy:
I called a few friends to observe your comment.

woman detected!
opinion rejected !
Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by 9japride(m): 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
loswhite:
Wayo ppl when they find justification..lol
[color=#006600][/color]

Na so grin
Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by kenedyx: 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
Rayban25:

And please stay away from my thread or my mention...I havent offended you and i dont know you..and mind your business

As in that Jezebel actually tagged all the mods in the whole wild world on you. Did you steal her egg?

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
kenedyx:

As in that Jezebel actually tagged all the mods in the whole wild world on you. Did you steal her egg?

Person wey dey craze
Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by kenedyx: 5:21am On Jul 25, 2022
Rayban25:

Person wey dey craze

Lol.
Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by OnlySmartHustler(m): 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2022
Rayban25:

Speak English
This same english that brought my wrath on you.
Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Cravemore: 6:16am On Aug 26, 2022
Why would anyone turn off read messages and turn on disappearing messages after 24 hours? If you try this stupid thing and come message me for help...!

Then wait u go rotine for there.
Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Qatar2022: 7:14am On Aug 26, 2022
Rayban25:
Why do a lot of people have a problem with this and why does it pain them so much?its a very childish act to feel upset about things like that

Seun
Lalasticlala
I hate it with passion
Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Qatar2022: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2022
chatinent:
I give no fck what they care about. I am more concerned with what I want.
Any one that hid it is hiding something
Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by SPAMBOX7: 8:46am On Aug 26, 2022
meobizy:
Why do people hate politicians, robbers and the upper class? Your answer lies there.
My own question is why you wicked like this? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See My Friend's Reaction When I Asked Her To Dress Like A Nurse Before Sex / When Is The Best Age To Get Married? / When I Broke Up With My Boyfriend Of Five Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.