Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,012 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (284463 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by gbishman: 7:45am On Apr 21, 2015
Congratulations, i think it will be imperative to update your information as regards minaeral resources found in Edo state. On the 21st of April, 2015, it was announced that large deposit of coal weighing about 186 metric tones have been discovered in the state and has the capability of generating 1000mega watts of electricity.
This is really a blessing from God, when can only imagine the great potential this holds for its citizens and economy.
Thank you God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by keandre: 6:16pm On May 13, 2015
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by boyebola: 10:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
Pls I need lignite brown coal in large quantity, thanks
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by Prestdude: 9:59am On Nov 02, 2015
Fire Clays

Fire clays are referred to as ‘seat earths’ and are mainly confined to coal-bearing strata and are commonly named after the overlying coal seam. Fire clays are typically thin (normally < 1m, although rarely > 3µm) consising of the clay minerals kaolinite and illite combined with crystalline silica and carbonaceous material, which are used to make heat-resistant fire bricks, insulating brick, refractories, monolithic and castable materials, ramming and air-gun mixes, and other heat-resistant products (British Geological Survey).

Fire clays can withstand high temperatures without disintegrating or turning pasty. Much fire clay is derived from under-clays beneath coal beds, but not all under-clays are fire clays. Fire clays form where surface conditions permit most minerals, except kaolinite and illite to be leached out. Fire clay is rich in hydrous aluminum silica (Chukwudi). Flint clays are non-plastic fireclays that are extremely hard, microcrystalline and composed predominantly of kaolin.

Bentonite

MacDonald and Burton defined bentonite as a variety of mudrock composed almost totally of montmorillonite and colloidal silica, which are the products of the alteration of vitric tuff or ash. The industrial bentonites are generally either the sodium or calcium variety. Bentonites are composed mainly of the smectite group minerals. Bentonites have excellent rheological and absorbent properties, plasticity, lubricity, bonding strength, higher sheer and compressive strength, good permeability, and low compressibility (Murray). Bentonites have a wide range of use. They can be used as drilling mud, sand binding, iron ore pelletizing materials and as pet waste absorbents. Bentonites can be used in civil engineering as sealants. Sodium or calcium bentonite is used in some brick clays where there is need to improve the plasticity.

http://www.prestarticles.com/bodies-strength-southwestern-nigeria/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by GetRekt: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
This is why Nigeria will not move forward. In a (short and admittedly flawed) post listing some of Nigeria's natural resources, people would rather shout 'YOU'RE WRONG. YOU FOOL', make irrelevant and tribalistic comments, and general offer absolutely nothing to add to, or support this list and/or the ideas it presents.

Thank you for making this, and I wish I had more to add on the subject of Nigeria's natural resources, but I'm still reeling from GOLD in Nigeria. Wow.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by muller101(m): 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2015
Nothing in osun pls. Abi aregbe bread na natural resources?
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by hurlee0744(m): 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
please i need a great suppliers or miners that can supply me lead ore 50% and above and zinc ore 50% and above. you can call or whatsapp me on this following lines:- 08024256835 and 07026777424. hope hearing from asap.
Best regards,
shoyemi olakitan
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by Asumns: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2017
This is a tip from HSA Investment Limited. HSA is a company of over 20 years experience in exportation business. We deal with wood, charcoal exportation businesse. Also, we have Kaolin deposits and washed gypsum ore ready for trade. We have it (Kaolin) in commercial quantity and high quality. Send e-mail to hsacharcoal@gmail.com or whatsapp; 08177517800. Call; 08067522299, 08158597700 for ordering/booking.
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by Bowlexzy(m): 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hello, I am Samuel Bolu; Freelance computer technician, product manager, web content strategist and social media manager. I have worked with eCommerce companies and also small medium enterprise to help manage and monitor their sites. So do you want to start selling your products on Konga, Jumia, Bargainmaster, SME Markethub etc or you need your products on your site? Or are you new to e-commerce? And you need help registering and uploading your products? With marketing that increases sales? I am Looking for brilliant and exciting idea to help product manage. If you are running an e-commerce company, contact me if you need a product manager and management help. 07035943189 or 08154326177

https://www.nairaland.com/3844154/need-web-content-strategist-e-commerce
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by KvotheLamora(m): 8:58am On Dec 11, 2017
SouthEast1:
Crude oil is for everyone, but the solid minerals are for those in whose states they are found. That is the inequality that needs to be addressed first. As we speak, illegal gold mining is ongoing in Osun and Niger and Zamfara and Sokoto
Zamfara folks went on illegal lead mining and 400 of them died of lead poisoning following seepage into drinking well waters
Sir you are too fixated upon the north south battle, the poster is trying to improve us as a nation, those that carry our illegal mining don't do it for the betterment of the north, they do It for themselves, no one but them improves, and I've been to the gold mines in zamfara, it's a sorry case, they truly suffer to get a little gold, and there's always a risk of getting caught, you act like the northerners actress shielding them and being improved, but it's not so, only the miners are any better off, not the north.
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by webcool(m): 9:39am On Jun 04, 2018
Urgent Request
Client is in need for COLTAN (Columibite and Tantalite) with specification of Ta. 5% Min and Nb2O5 55% Min (Niobium Peroxide) and other minerals but Niobium Peroxide highest percentage.
Origin: Nigeria
Kindly burst me on +2348060374414

A lustrous and malleable metal having a density of 8.6 g/cc and melting point of 2468 degC. It possesses high resistance to corrosion and enhances the physical properties of ferrous, nickel super-alloys and super-conductors. It also has applications in optics, electronic, nuclear, welding and jewellery.

Niobium is available in the form of ingot, billet, bar, powder, wire and scrap of various types.

Columbite (Fe, Mn) (Nb,Ta)2 O6
Niobium is principally obtained from the mineral columbite and also pyrochlore. The concentrate is typically:

Nb2O5 - 55% min
Ta2O5 - 5% min
TiO2 - 6% max
SnO2 - 6% max
ThO2 + U3O8 0.5% max
Sb - 50 ppm max
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by Yamsyy(m): 11:44am On Feb 08, 2020
You want to have a passive income?
You wanna learn how Blockchain and Cryptocurrency investments work?

*I can show you a simple way you can use N2500 -2800 only to start with ETHEREUM SMART CONTRACT and rake in 6 figures..*
You must sha be willing to teach at least 2 people this strategy!
Sounds interesting? Kindly join the group https:///JvWgUZf1T3T0fQiASnwB1g

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring / What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? / Official Results Of Edo Governorship Election 2020 As Announced By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.