Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) (2840 Views)

I Am Left-handed. My Bf's Mother Slapped Me Because I Tried To Use My Left-hand / Supersticious Belief U Grew Up To Belief / My Girlfriend Just Caught Me Red Handed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
A friend of mine lost his 350k job the very moment he got it because he is lefty . he was told left handed people bring setback to any thing they do. why do we hate left handed people. Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun - are we not human .

1 Like

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by NobleSeed(m): 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
hustle ooh make them no talk say your Chirality dey bring bad luck grin
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2022
i am concern cus i am use left also angry
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Slynation(m): 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
It's well...I knew how my kid sis was beaten until she switched to a right hand user, but today she uses both hands perfectly...!!

Too many superstitions attached to this topic and I'm willing to learn as well

3 Likes

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Natbrowny: 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
1. Superstition
2. Culture and beliefs
3. Nigerians refuse to evolve. Most Americans presidents are left handed. A naija guy who rejects handshake frm his lefthanded neighbor will accept a US president handshake, same for their favorites celebs if they give out the left hand first. So hypocrisy takes this spot.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by FalseProphet1(m): 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
That's because Satan and demons are left handed, so when Angel Micheal who is a right handed person fought him, defeated him and threw him down from heaven, using left hand became an offence.

And because when Satan fell from heaven, he landed very close to Africa and Nigeria in particular, that's why the law is enforced here than in Europe or American.

This I have seen.

5 Likes

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by doggedfighter(f): 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
Most people don't even know why.

Most people reject them because their parents and society told them it's wrong.

A hand is a hand. Left or right !

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
NobleSeed:
hustle ooh make them no talk say your Chirality dey bring bad luck grin
no he his doing well without a job. he sald he want want to being jobless and earn a legal way
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
doggedfighter:
Most people don't even know why.

Most people reject them because their parents and society told them it's wrong.

A hand is a hand. Left or right !
abi hand na hand . one is 40% useless without the other

1 Like

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2022
Slynation:
It's well...I knew how my kid sis was beaten until she switched to a right hand user, but today she uses both hands perfectly...!!

Too many superstitions attached to this topic and I'm willing to learn as well
same here. i was flogged often by my teacher then because of i use left
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by wordbank(m): 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
Scamupdates:
A friend of mine lost his 350k job the very moment he got it because he is lefty . he was told left handed people bring setback to any thing they do. why do we hate left handed people. Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun - are we not human .
You're either lying or lied to!
My former colleague is left-handed, I have one that is ambidextrous.
I even want to learn how to use both hands in writing
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by obiekunie01: 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
70% of world leaders are south-pawed.

lefties are created to be employers - not employees!

7 Likes

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
wordbank:
You're either lying or lied to! My former colleague is left-handed, I have one that is ambidextrous. I even want to learn how to use both hands in writing
no bruh is everything lies
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by imagrg(m): 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
All native beliefs are considered fetish, abi?

Just marry a left-handed woman and see your fortune decline.
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Orgasmgiver123(m): 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2022
Na first time wey i go hear say them dey reject lefty be this oh

I no believe am sha, because in boxing southpaws are very unpredictable and hit very fast. Everywhere i go, i see people wishing they are left handed. I don’t know where you people are getting your own facts from oh

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here

1 Like

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by WonderManly(m): 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
You see...

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Aklee4994(m): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2022
Lefty
This people are convince human being that y base on personal experience I swear
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Nizox(m): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2022
Back then in secondary I was given the beaten of my life by my Rector(priest) because attempted collecting a present from him with my hand higher the the right one. It was a terrible experience.
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by placeofallure(f): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
Scamupdates:

Superstition! Pure ignorance. Arrant nonsense! It's a medical condition that has to do with placement of stuff in one's brain. Something that has to do with the developmental process that differentiates the right and left halves of the body, (hemisphere) otherwise known as right-left asymmetry. Medical practitioners can throw more light on this.

1 Like

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Mariangeles(f): 8:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
Scamupdates:

So, you expect people to believe "your friend" lost a 350k job, simply because he's left-handed? cheesy
Are you very sure he got the job in the first place?
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by ParpahSeventy: 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
First and foremost your friend didn't lose that job because he is left-handed, find out what happened.
The other day I bought something from a man, I was paying him while I was on call, so I used my left hand to give him the money, he screamed, I was startled I had to look behind me to be sure nothing is coming from behind, superstition of right hand, left hand is associated with illiterates ( even if they have a degree certificate) an illiterate of that level won't be in the position to decide who takes a job of 350k or not.
They hire for expertise not superstition.

1 Like

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Authoreety: 9:25pm On Jul 25, 2022
Scamupdates:
i am concern cus i am use left also angry

Its obvious cos ur English is also weird
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by younglleo: 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
FalseProphet1:
That's because Satan and demons are left handed, so when Angel Micheal who is a right handed person fought him, defeated him and threw him down from heaven, using left hand became an offence.

And because when Satan fell from heaven, he landed very close to Africa and Nigeria in particular, that's why the law is enforced here than in Europe or American.

This I have seen.

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by seanwilliam(m): 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2022
I’m left handed sha
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Kingray10: 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
What's sort of stupid mentality is that
Barack Obama was s left hand. How many set back did he bring
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by VeryWickedClown: 10:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
We cant accept what our ancestor rejected. Its a default [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by okrikaboi: 10:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
I've had many experiences the one that pained me more was that I was selecting bread I wanted to buy with my left hand the woman shouted at me to stop that nonsense according to her it's an abomination touching her bread with my left hand,,, dayuuum by the roadside at noontime everything in me wanted to scream back at her but the odds were in her favour because 98% of the community is dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:
Na first time wey i go hear say them dey reject lefty be this oh

I no believe am sha, because in boxing southpaws are very unpredictable and hit very fast. Everywhere i go, i see people wishing they are left handed. I don’t know where you people are getting your own facts from oh

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here
how about case when elders reject things cus you give them with left hand angry
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by 3phase(m): 12:22am On Jul 26, 2022
Because na craze dey worry them.

1 Like

Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Natbrowny:
1. Superstition
2. Culture and beliefs
3. Nigerians refuse to evolve. Most Americans presidents are left handed. A naija guy who rejects handshake frm his lefthanded neighbor will accept a US president handshake, same for their favorites celebs if they give out the left hand first. So hypocrisy takes this spot.
that nigeria for u
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 26, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
so all we using left are going to your so called hell
Re: Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) by donleo92(m): 7:04am On Jul 26, 2022
I need a left handed bae and daughter! these set of people are goal getters

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is The Funniest Thing I've Seen This Year (pics) / Can An Ex Still Get Back Together After Telling Him/her U R Moving On? / Tatoo Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.