Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:01 AM

2023: Real Reason Peter Obi Didn’t Inform Atiku Before Leaving PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Real Reason Peter Obi Didn’t Inform Atiku Before Leaving PDP (622 Views)

U.S. Court Fast-tracks Release Of Tinubu’s CSU Records To Atiku Before Deadline / Peter Obi Didn’t Take Pictures With Simon Ekpa - Vanguard / Atiku: Peter Obi Didn’t Consult Me Before Leaving PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Real Reason Peter Obi Didn’t Inform Atiku Before Leaving PDP by joy4news(m): 6:52am On Jul 26, 2022
Ex-Anambra governor and one of the leading candidates for the 2023 presidential election, Peter Obi has given his reason for not informing Atiku Abubakar before dumping the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for Labour Party (LP).

Recall Obi had left the major opposition party days before its presidential primary after refusing to buy votes from delegates.

Following this, PDP presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar accused his former running mate of refusing to tell him about his plan of dumping the party, adding that “he only told me three days after leaving PDP”.

Speaking on Channels TV’s Politics Today Monday, Obi however revealed his real reason for not informing Atiku before dumping the PDP.

According to him, he didn’t want Atiku or any other person including his family members so as not to talk him out of the decision.

He also said the decision to dump the PDP has not affected his relationship with Atiku as the former Vice President remains like a big brother to him.

“I did not even tell my family. I did not want anyone to talk me out of it.

“Vice President Atiku remains my respected elder brother, and what he has said is true. When I left the PDP I did not tell him and other respected persons in my life including my family.

“There is a time in your life that you take a decision which you consider appropriate for your own future,” the former governor explained.

https://www.thequesttimes.com/2023-real-reason-peter-obi-didnt-inform-atiku-before-leaving-pdp/

Re: 2023: Real Reason Peter Obi Didn’t Inform Atiku Before Leaving PDP by mycar: 6:54am On Jul 26, 2022
Yes ooh, that what makes you a man. Many people's dreams have been killed by the people that they confided in, some will advise you out of their personal gains , some will advise out of jealousy and some, out of love. You can only use the past to judge the future. Experience will help you to distinguish the three.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Real Reason Peter Obi Didn’t Inform Atiku Before Leaving PDP by Toneypen247(m): 6:56am On Jul 26, 2022
Hmmn
Re: 2023: Real Reason Peter Obi Didn’t Inform Atiku Before Leaving PDP by Totilopussylick(m): 6:57am On Jul 26, 2022
“Vice President Atiku remains my respected elder brother, and what he has said is true. When I left the PDP I did not tell him and other respected persons in my life including my family.

If it was Druggie.

He would have turned it into a debate tongue undecided.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Real Reason Peter Obi Didn’t Inform Atiku Before Leaving PDP by Qtrpst4: 7:18am On Jul 26, 2022
Does Peter owe atiku any explanation? Why make a heck out of it? It's only out of courtesy
Re: 2023: Real Reason Peter Obi Didn’t Inform Atiku Before Leaving PDP by SmartPolician: 7:49am On Jul 26, 2022
Peter Obi gives reasonable answers to questions.
Re: 2023: Real Reason Peter Obi Didn’t Inform Atiku Before Leaving PDP by ursullalinda(f): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2022
SmartPolician:
Peter Obi gives reasonable answers to questions.

Yes oh......The way he faced issues and was minding his lane made me love him more.....his Charisma is infectious....no time for unnecessary bantering......ObiDatti 2023 inshallah

(1) (Reply)

I Saw 2023 Elections In My Dreams. Wow! / Can A Traditional Religionist Win The Nigerian Presidency? / Is Peter Obi The Most Loved Politician In The History Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.