Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,353 members, 7,839,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? (2385 Views)

Ambode Orders The Repair Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Some Salient Questions The President And The Chief Of Army Staff Must Answer. / Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by KnowAll(m): 9:38am On Aug 01, 2011
I am bit confuse, the Apapa –Oshodi expressway, from the little knowledge I have of Lagos motorways is a portion of the Lagos – Badagry expressway. My problem suffices from the notion or un-wanton declaration by Fashola praise singers and hallelujah boys of the virtue, insight and gloriousness of building this 10 lane Motorway between Lagos and Badagry, which would be the cornerstone and a centre piece of the excellence of Fashola’s regime in Lagos. I don’t have a problem with that so long it turns out good or similar to the Miniature displayed.  This new road would have a blue Line(public Train) running in the intersection of the motorway from Okoko Maiko to Marina, wonderful idea.

I have seen the diagram, it looks tastefully eloquent and grandiose, but I am confused, on one hand people are screaming “blue murder”, over the Federal Government’s dereliction of duty. They argue asking probing questions  "have you been to the Oshodi – Apapa road recently"  that place and road is a total shambles, the feds are deliberately punishing Lagos State.

Whilst this argument seems plausible,  I saw a picture posted sometime ago by “ Eko Ile” or one of the hallelujah boys of big earth moving caterpillars doing justice to this road, so my assumption was Lagos State has called the Feds bluff and started getting on with the project I made a few positive comments in support of Fahola for taken the bull by the horn and getting on with the Job.

But again to my ultimate surprise due to the heavy rains and  the corresponding heavier floods in Lagos State last week, the Halleluiah boys were out again with all guns blazing screaming “ blue, red, yellow  Murder” over the Feds intransigence and lack of care for the citizenry of Lagos State.

My big question what is the true picture of the Lagos – Badary road, are the Feds  fixing the short distance between Oshodi – Apapa which service the ports to Tin-Can Island and Lagos State Government takesing over from Ojo to Badargy or what I am confused.
  undecided
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by KnowAll(m): 11:50am On Aug 01, 2011
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by KnowAll(m): 11:53am On Aug 01, 2011
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by Kobojunkie: 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2011
ROFL . . . .  Yep, serious whiplash action  . . . . ROFL grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by homerac7: 1:04pm On Aug 01, 2011
OP,

U mentioned not having a good knowledge of Lagos roads, so u can be forgiven for mixing things up here.

Oshodi Apapa express is d very fly-over across Badagry express at Mile 2. I guess Dts d closest d two different roads came in any of its sections. Civil works are actively on on Lagos Badagry express with d vast new lanes and ready columns for d rails at d Orile Iganmu end. JB has almost completed d new bridge over d mile 2 canal and at every stretch of d road, u can see signs of ongoing work till u get past LASU in Ojo. Dat stretch of road is d Lagos Badagry express dt joins up wt d West African corridor at Seme boarder. U may also note dt it wasn't without fight wt FG/Ministry of Works (Ogunlewe) before d project could b, tnx to Yar'Adua who allowed it to b.

Apapa Oshodi takes u direct from oshodi through Isolo, Cele, Mile 2 ( by way of d overhead bridge across Lagos Badagry), Coconut, Sunshine, Ibru Jetty to Liverpool, Tin can and other areas in Apapa.

Hope u r now clear?
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by KnowAll(m): 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2011
Apapa Oshodi takes u direct from oshodi through Isolo, Cele, Mile 2 ( by way of d overhead bridge across Lagos Badagry), Coconut, Sunshine, Ibru Jetty to Liverpool, Tin can and other areas in Apapa.

Hope u r now clear

I KNOW the road at Tin Can Island splits into 2, one going into Tin Can or Malu Road where all the trailers pack by the side of the roads and other vieing to the right to Ojo for onward journey to Badagry, so in a way it is the same route except of course the 'Feds' would only concentrate on the road from Oshodi to Tin-Can Island. while Lagos State Govt WOULD do the Ojo - Badagry axis.
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by homerac7: 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2011
^ my dear, I don't know what ur argument is about. Basically both roads are federal roads, but d lagos state govt has adopted Badagry express for certain reasons and is actively working on it. So shame is on FG dt failed in first place and even after, the Apapa Oshodi is still untouched. I don't know y u have dragged Fashola's name in d mud on ds thread over FG's obvious failure and his visibly good vision and efforts.

By d way, even d names are clear enough to make u know dt dey r different roads and attempting to still link dem together because of link roads makes no sense.
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by KnowAll(m): 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2011
my dear, I don't know what your argument is about. Basically both roads are federal roads, but d lagos state govt has adopted Badagry express for certain reasons and is actively working on it. So shame is on FG dt failed in first place and even after, the Apapa Oshodi is still untouched. I don't know y u have dragged Fashola's name in d mud on ds thread over FG's obvious failure and his visibly good vision and efforts.

By d way, even d names are clear enough to make u know dt dey r different roads and attempting to still link dem together because of link roads makes no sense.

[b]The bottom line is the Oshodi – Apapa road is one and the same as the Lagos to Badagry road.  Lagos being the former Capital of Nigeria and a major city in Lagos State, Badagry on the other hand is a port city on the farthest part of western  Lagos State, no expressway was ever built to link both cities,  although it was in the master plan but for some strange reasons that part of the contract never came to fruition,

The original plan of the Oshodi to Apapa road is to run from Oshodi to Badagry but the Feds did not get to do the DUALISATION from Ojo to Badagry probably because they moved to Abuja and Abuja needed to be built from scratch,  thinking of building some road in Lagos State that had her own ‘Governor’ would have being the least of the thought of IBB at the time having just escaped the Orker coup by a whisker.

The logical and rational thing for  Fashola to do having already adopted a part of the road was go the whole hog and adopt the entire road network,  the present adopted stretch is longer than the Oshodi to Apapa bit,  but the Oshodi to Apapa stretch would most likely fall into disrepair in due cause due to overloaded trailers that are coming in and out of the ports thereby putting more pressure on the road.

This road would always be a bad one because Nigeria does not follow a strict “way-bridge policy”  with regards to Trailers plying our roads.  Because of this underlying factor  I do not envisage or  see a time where and when this road would not be one wobbly mess with asphalt and tar all tidying up at one end of the road, this has always being my early recollection and  memory of this road.

Fashola should just do the honorary thing and adopt the road in its entirety and save us all this aggro.[/b]
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by EkoIle1: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2011
Ignorant thread, ignorant OP.

I have no time to waste here.
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by homerac7: 4:56pm On Aug 01, 2011
OP,

Guy, hav u been to Badagry b4? What's route did u take? Didn't u use an express way as u journeyed, albeit a very terrible one? Look, I don't know abt ur aborted blueprints but if u doing know, d Lagos Badagry road up to Seme boarder is a dual carriage road and its a FG road.

Please use a map and stop concocting up weak arguments. Becomerich can help u wt one of his Google maps dt will label those roads clearer under their proper names.
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by Mariory(m): 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2011
@homerac7

KnowAll knows what he's doing. He is staunchly anti Fashola and staunchly pro PDP. If you connect the dots you'll know not to further waste your breath.
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by homerac7: 5:35pm On Aug 01, 2011
^ tnx parlie, maybe I should allow him be. I just think its purely wicked to go extras length to invent fault in order to drag someone on d floor irrespective of who he is.
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by KnowAll(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2011
The bottom-line is,  I don't care wether d road from Ojo to Badagry is a failed dual carriage road or a single carriage road Fashola should just take over d whole motorway from Oshodi to Badagry not picking one bit.

It is just like ogun state saying they are prepared to take over Lagos -Ibadan expressway and are  only interested in d one that runs from Lagos to Saguma. Obviously we all know  too many  cook spoils d brute it is better for d citizenry to no who is really in charge of a  project than pusssssy footing, pointing fingers at others.
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by hercules07: 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2011
Knowall

Lagos state has a limited budget, its partners are ready to work with it on the Lagos Badagry road, a road that is different from the Oshodi Apapa one, let the FG take one while Fashola takes the other shikena.
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by pokur: 8:12pm On Aug 01, 2011
OP
Are you obtuse or what?.Apapa-Oshodi expressway n the Lagos-Badagry expressway are two different roads built at two different times.Their only link is the Mile 2 flyover.
By the way,the Lagos-Badagry expressway,though an international thoroughfare,was built by the Mobolaji Johnson administration,so its a Lagos road,not a federal road.
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by meexteriox(m): 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2011
@OP,
Really i don't get your argument. Homerac7 has really been patient in enlightening you on this very basic issues but you seem bent on missing the bus, goodluck to you. The concept behind this particular road (Lagos-Badagry) goes beyond Nigeria. It is an ECOWAS backed initiative. It is called Lagos - Abidjan Corridor, which ought to be a super highway for ECOWAS members. It is only the Nigeria portion that has remained in this state over a long time. Personally it is a bold step by the Fashola administration.
On the other hand, Apapa-Oshodi expressway is another ball game altogether. For your information, this are supposed to be Federal Govt road but has been abandoned over the years.
Re: Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? by novaman: 6:53am On Aug 22, 2011
Upon all the explanation MR. KNOWALL, yet you know nothing, Badagry Express and Oshodi Express, yet you cannot differentiate, both roads only intersect at the bridge over Mile 2; the state government is working on the longest of both

KnowAll:

[b]The bottom line is the Oshodi – Apapa road is one and the same as the Lagos to Badagry road.  Lagos being the former Capital of Nigeria and a major city in Lagos State, Badagry on the other hand is a port city on the farthest part of western  Lagos State, no expressway was ever built to link both cities,  although it was in the master plan but for some strange reasons that part of the contract never came to fruition,

The original plan of the Oshodi to Apapa road is to run from Oshodi to Badagry but the Feds did not get to do the DUALISATION from Ojo to Badagry probably because they moved to Abuja and Abuja needed to be built from scratch,  thinking of building some road in Lagos State that had her own ‘Governor’ would have being the least of the thought of IBB at the time having just escaped the Orker coup by a whisker.

The logical and rational thing for  Fashola to do having already adopted a part of the road was go the whole hog and adopt the entire road network,  the present adopted stretch is longer than the Oshodi to Apapa bit,  but the Oshodi to Apapa stretch would most likely fall into disrepair in due cause due to overloaded trailers that are coming in and out of the ports thereby putting more pressure on the road.

This road would always be a bad one because Nigeria does not follow a strict “way-bridge policy”  with regards to Trailers plying our roads.  Because of this underlying factor  I do not envisage or  see a time where and when this road would not be one wobbly mess with asphalt and tar all tidying up at one end of the road, this has always being my early recollection and  memory of this road.

Fashola should just do the honorary thing and adopt the road in its entirety and save us all this aggro.[/b]

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Denies Buhari's Results (copy Of Letter) / Pics: GEJ Visits Our Lady Queen Of Nigeria Catholic Pro-cathedral Abuja(pics) / Buhari's BA Flight: Live Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.