Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng (47451 Views)

Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta / PDP Set To Take Over Adamawa State - NewTelegraphng / Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Baba is one of the few Nigerian leaders that i have so much respect for. a man who belives in equity and fairness. wen he was president he made sure that every tribe and region of our gpeat country felt a sence of belonging unlike the mannequine we have in aso rock.
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Ojikutumomiage(m): 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
The Former Generals are working for Obi.

And you think that's a good thing?
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Vote4ObiDatti:

Stop deceiving yourself. Obasanjo was never half as bad or corrupt as these two criminals called BAT and Atiefku.

At least, one can easily see the humongous stolen wealth by these two old criminals. They've been spending millions of dollars like it's water that never dries. That's Nigeria's assets they stole!!

You think if Obasanjo stole like these criminals did, you won't have been observing it too?

Use your head!!!

He has no head
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Stepatatime(m): 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
The emergence of Datti As Obi running mate is very clear to me that is the effort of OBJ which is the move smartest coalition in this upcoming election
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by SU50: 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
Vote4ObiDatti:

Stop deceiving yourself. Obasanjo was never half as bad or corrupt as these two criminals called BAT and Atiefku.

At least, one can easily see the humongous stolen wealth by these two old criminals. They've been spending millions of dollars like it's water that never dries. That's Nigeria's assets they stole!!

You think if Obasanjo stole like these criminals did, you won't have been observing it too?

Use your head!!!

For your information, OBJ hijacked an FG project and made it personal (farmlands all over the country supposedly for a green revolution).

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Amotekun777: 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Very nice that Obasanjo is supporting Peter Obi.

He will never want either of his 2 Arch-enemies (Atiku and Tinubu) to smell Aso rock!

BTW, WHERE IS HELINIUS and other APC/Buhari/Tinubu goons

He's been sleeping at the outside of the U.S Embassy for >3mths trying to use a referral letter from Tinubu to japa. grin
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Elidrisy20: 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
I think say na only woman dem dey woo
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by nedekid: 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
Tajbol4splend:

And who told you Obi has the Solutions to these sensitive issues?
Assuming you have a business, you took huge loan to establish. Your house and assets, you used as collateral. In short of the business fails, you are wrecked.
Furthermore you then become incapacitated and need to hire someone to run the business for you. Who will you choose from the following
A. Buhari
B. Tinubu
C. Kwankwaso
D. Obi
E. Oga sabinus.
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Royalty83(m): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
Obi is a total and absolute fraud. And his followers are just exactly his image. Lies, edited rubbish, and total absolute falsehood.

This is really confusing: i mean, Tinubu claimed he built the future city that became the modern Lagos where most Nigerian youths are living and thriving - today it is the 7th most powerful economy in Africa, it has a port which he envisioned and which became functional in June 2022 and a over 2000 real estates sprouting all over the state with the biggest US embassy in the world been built in it; one claimed he built a city called Anambra and invested some million of USD, today people are running away from the same city to Lagos due to lack of opportunities, lack of facilities and high level of insecurity. Even the same Obi lives in Lagos with his family and millions of his tribesmen. I mean, why are the people campaigning for this super-visionary who transformed Anambra to Dubai yet not living there, why are they not in its towns, and its skyscrapers and Atlantic cities -- why are they majorly in the same Lagos and campaigning for a man who today has nothing but stories and tales of how he invested and created changes. I am a lagosian from Ikorodu, I have been to Anambra and served in Nimo, this is a state id never in my entire life in. And I can tell, very few tribes are living there simply because of its deficit of infrastructure and its abundance of extremely visionless leaders like Obi. In 2021 Lagos generated ₦540 billion, Anambra generated ₦1.4 Billion naira. Peter Obi met Anambra IGR at 1.2 billion and left at exactly 1.2 billion. Tinubu met Lagos IGR at 1.1 billion naira and left it ar over 30 billion. Today, Lagos attracted over 83% FDI—Foreign Direct Invest in Nigeria, Anambra attracted 0%. I mean, I sincerely want to vote for Peter Obi, but as an academician and an intellectual, — i am not a cow and won’t just start campaigning for someone simply because it feels safe and popular, I am really confused. And it isn’t about Lagos been a former capital city, we all see what the present governor of Ebonyi has accomplished with little revenue, and what former Governor Ibikunle Amosun did in Ogun state, also I have been Akwa Ibom recently and was dazzled by the progress made by Akpabio and Udom. Anambra never had it bad with PO who you guys are hailing; I mean, what are the real legacies of this man beside some BS tales by moonlight about how he kept some money in some beer business and offshore account: beside Lagos was generating 1.1 billion naira annually before Tinubu, today it is 300% ahead of the entire SE combined interns of IGR and investments; pls kindly educate me and pls no insults — just tell me why Anamabra today isn’t a place where non-indigenous and foreign investments are massively going to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by AntiTerrorist: 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2022
SU50:

If you believe obasanjo has any political worth in northern Nigeria, then you will believe that the sun sets in the east.

Arewa long term interest yen yen yen, secessionist, activities in the east, just what you expect from a paper that gots its news from beer parlour gists.

Islamisation Agenda: Buhari's Game Plan

Nigerians believe it or not. The game plan of the Fulani/Islamic agenda is for Buhari to subtly give in to be kidnapped by the Bandits who threatened to kidnap him and El Rufai. When they achieve this, they will go all the way to take over Aso Rock and establish a Caliphate.

This game plan had been concluded. Let the men that matter in Nigeria, the likes of Obasanjo, Danjuma and all non Muslim and non Fulani Governor's sit up and do something now to forestall this evil plan of the Jihadists in Nigeria. Another Afghanistan kind of take over is looming over Nigeria.

These people hijacked and abducted all the travellers in a Federal Government owned train and nothing was done. They invaded Kuje maximum prison and freed all their men and other criminals and Government kept quiet.

Painfully they threatened to kidnap the sitting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, without any quirmme, the President nodded his head. Lastly they pushed and attacked Abuja to test their military prowess and still there is no counteraction.

Nigerians, believe it or not, these people are not joking, they mean what they are doing. Let the Armed Forces rise now to this security challenges facing this country.
Fellow country men and women please make this write up go viral until it gets to those who could rise to checkmate this ugly situation.

Their plan B is staged coup d'etat or backdoor interim government so as buy more time to achieve their islamisation agenda. Nigerians be wise.

Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Stepatatime(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
dynicks:
Agbado eaters right now at certain secluded outlets thinking about their lives and how far they've gone since they willingly got themselves injected with the urchin vaccine...

Did we actually do the right thing...?

Are we truly moving in the right direction?

Are we actually with the right team?

How are we even sure our right senses are still with us?...
Ladies and Gentlemen l introduce to you all the most funny and brutal comment of the day

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by AntiTerrorist: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
OnionBandit:
grin

This old man wey has huge relevance since 1600

Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by SU50: 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
AntiTerrorist:

Nigerians believe it or not. The game plan of the Fulani/Islamic agenda is for Buhari to subtly give in to be kidnapped by the Bandits who threatened to kidnap him and El Rufai. When they achieve this, they will go all the way to take over Aso Rock and establish a Caliphate.

This game plan had been concluded. Let the men that matter in Nigeria, the likes of Obasanjo, Danjuma and all non Muslim and non Fulani Governor's sit up and do something now to forestall this evil plan of the Jihadists in Nigeria. Another Afghanistan kind of take over is looming over Nigeria.

These people hijacked and abducted all the travellers in a Federal Government owned train and nothing was done. They invaded Kuje maximum prison and freed all their men and other criminals and Government kept quiet.

Painfully they threatened to kidnap the sitting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, without any quirmme, the President nodded his head. Lastly they pushed and attacked Abuja to test their military prowess and still there is no counteraction.

Nigerians, believe it or not, these people are not joking, they mean what they are doing. Let the Armed Forces rise now to this security challenges facing this country.
Fellow country men and women please make this write up go viral until it gets to those who could rise to checkmate this ugly situation.

Their plan B is staged coup d'etat or backdoor interim government so as buy more time to achieve their islamisation agenda. Nigerians be wise.

Please don't quote me with your nonsense next this me, thank you.
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Nwabueze22: 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
Yes Mazi Peter Obi is the best choice but we want referendum to decide whether to continue with this so-called one Zoogeria
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
Fake news, OBJ publicly said he is not supporting Obi.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Tareq1105: 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
onuman:

No be small calamity go befall this Nigeria if either of Atiku or Tinubu succeeds president Buhari.
The banditry in the north, the Boko Haram phenomenon in the north, the poor attitude to education in the north, the economic malaise and downward spiral of the Naira - all these are surely going to stop by Obi/Datti presidency.

So in your imagination, you think Obi can stop banditry and Boko Haram?

See, I'm not saying that Tinubu or Atiku can stop it either.

All politicians would need to be locked up in a room and forced to sign undertaking to put an end to banditry and Boko Haram. The insecurities is political and can only be solved by politicians across Party line.

The same goes for our Foreign Currency Management. Don't tell me obi. It's not Obi. In fact, he cannot solve the challenges. He doesn't have the capacity and experience. If we want Naira to take by its values, politicians across Party line would have to sit down and decide what the future of Naira would be.

The same goes for solving Power problem. Jonathan sold NEPA to wrong people who doesn't have the capacity to run a power company. Serious minded people lost the bid. Today most of them have gone under.

On Education, Buhari inherited federal government agreement with ASUU which Jonathan that signed the agreement in 2009 couldn't implement till he left office in 2015.
It's unfortunate that most people on social media are indomie children who are either voting for the very first time or doesn't even know how to vote and doesn't have deep understanding of how Nigeria got to where we are today.

Those of you shouting Obi Obi Obi as if you've gotten a messiah.

Buhari ovation was louder than this. He got there with determination and strength. Just a year and six months after, the powers of darkness gave him Sickness. The sickness weakened him to the point that he doesn't even know what each ministry and agencies of government are doing anymore and the heads are just doing there own things. This is someone we thought was our messiah.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by ejimatic: 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
ijustdey:
…meets eminent persons’ groups

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/presidency-obasanjo-woos-north-for-obi-baba-ahmed/
. Who says Igbos alone can can rule in Nigeria without the North? Who says this wooing is not necessary? Wlll the wooing be successful if it is true? Time will tell.I have been justified with what I said that there must be a synergy between the SE SS and the SW before Igbo presidency is realised. Let the drama continue!
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by donbrowser(m): 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2022
Obasanjo is no longer afonja? grin
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by popez: 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2022
adiori0303:

I do not pity u at all.
I only pity the omo ale who calls himself a yoruba.thats if he really is.
The three of them were governors at one point in their lives.
Now,tell us how each one fared in terms of infrastructural development,employment,educational facilities and all.
Please we await ur responses

Go through the first and second line of your post, then ask yourself if you deserve any response on the last line. Lol.
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by saintrow1: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
ghiloman28:
Obasanjo did not have electoral value even in his ogun state

In 1999 he lost at his polling unit in abeokuta and the entire yorubaland. Yoruba people refused to vote for him. They voted for Olu falae. Yoruba people see obasanjo as a snake and a bastard.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Stepatatime(m): 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
obedience4:
OBJ can't influence Nigeria politics as he use to do..
Times and seasons have gone by,
While I love peter obi,..I can't see him winning the presidential election..
I quote u because of your user name. I do think like u before but faith has taking over Obi movement, so have faith too
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Libera: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
In this political scenario Obasanjo will be very neutral, whoever told you that Obasanjo is rooting for PO is just deceiving the Easterners, because Obasanjo will never allow an Igbo person to be the president of Nigeria going by the part he played during the Civil War, secondly we all know about his beef with Atiku, thirdly he hates Tinubu with a passion, to the extent that he withheld Lagos state allocations from the FG for so many years to the extent that during 2003 elections he moved the sit of power temporarily from Aso Rock to Lagos in order to win Lagos by fire by force for PDP but Timubu showed him shege. Since then he never forgave Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Duru009(m): 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
I see a NEW NIGERIA.....
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Backpedal: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
adiori0303:

I do not pity u at all.
I only pity the omo ale who calls himself a yoruba.thats if he really is.
The three of them were governors at one point in their lives.
Now,tell us how each one fared in terms of infrastructural development,employment,educational facilities and all.
Please we await ur responses
Tinubu is actually the worst out of the three
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by AntiTerrorist: 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
SU50:

Please don't quote me with your nonsense next this me, thank you.

Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by Basicend: 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
Tareq1105:

And you think Obi has the liver to run this country?

You guys don't know what is on ground.

Am only trying to say that when he is recommending someone, you have to listen to him due to what he is and has done.
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by aariwa(m): 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
Morphinne:

A typical Yoruba man sees nothing wrong in what baba Obj is doing but just imagine this was an elder statesman in the East rooting and beating drums of support for a southwesterner or a northerner, hell would be let loose, his head would have been chopped off for being a saboteur cheesy
igbos see politics differently .Igbos participate more when the politician in question has good track record.Abiola won in igbo land.Igbos were already drumming up support for Osibanjo before his party betrayed him at convention because he didn’t share big money, if Akinwumi Adeshina was the only credible person let’s say under SDP, Igbos would massively support him afterall umahi, rochas, kalu and co had been vying for presidency and no single igbo man supports them. Igbos look more at track records and not whatever affiliation they have to any where or anything
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by zionstaar75: 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2022
obedience4:
OBJ can't influence Nigeria politics as he use to do..
Times and seasons have gone by,
While I love peter obi,..I can't see him winning the presidential election..
u get sense,he should this election to reposition for 2027,he left it too late

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by zionstaar75: 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
AntiTerrorist:

joke
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by dreadsbee: 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
IamAtikulate:
We are voting Peter OBI at the centre and PDP for senate, reps, governor and state house.

Only enemies of state hate OBI

FACT

Thank you �
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by dreadsbee: 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2022
zionstaar75:
u get sense,he should this election to reposition for 2027,he left it too late

Your sense is upside down

Your eye will clear

I believe you want a change Nigeria

Let keeping best for this country

#NO MORE APC
Re: Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng by oladipuposadeeq(m): 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
SU50:

Calamity befell Nigeria when obasanjo emerged president, he is everything and worse than those 2.
very big lie, naija was way better during OBJ's tenure. Now, you can't sleep and snore in most parts of the North. Even the country capital is vibrating small small.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Moment Buhari And Wife Arrived Polling Unit To Vote (video) / FG Declares Monday Work-Free For The Armed Forces In Honour Of Late COAS / Teenager Threatens To Commit Suicide If Buhari Does Not Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.