Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215149 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 5:06am On Jan 20, 2023
mrprolifik:

To get the full picture you need to request for your gcms notes. But from what I can see here you didn't show strong home ties and secondly you didnt make any tuition fee payment.
My advice to you is to use your family as home ties, together with landed properties if you have any and try to at least pay 1year tuition if you can . This will go a long way in convincing the visa officer that your main aim of going to Canada is to study and not to migrate.
Lastly , in case you need help in writing a convincing letter of explanation for your next application , you can reach out to some expert writers in Nairaland and I am sure they would gladly help you.
Goodluck.

Thank you so much @mrprolifik,

The school did not request nor require that I should pay tuition cos the PhD program is funded, thus tuition is being deducted from GRA offer.
Yes I think my family will have to stay back, but I don’t really know if same fund will be ok for me applying alone?
I learnt Gcms note takes time, I just needed to reapply while waiting for the gcms note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 5:21am On Jan 20, 2023
Uzorsammy:
Ur proof of funds is small for family of six.

Thank you Uzorsammy,

Considering that my program is fully funded through GRA, do I need to prove further on tuition payments?
And from my calculations; 1 yr living expenses for everyone summed up to (10000+4000+3000*4=26,000CAD) which is below 10.5m.
Then, applying alone, do you think the pof will be enough?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 5:40am On Jan 20, 2023
Joge64:

You should have applied alone using your family and other properties as home ties or you could have applied for work permit for your spouse and paid your first semester at least. Anyway, don't give up. Re-fire the canon!

Thank you so much Joge

It was when I joined this platform I noticed my mistakes on the type of applications for my dependents; it would’ve been SOWP for spouse and study permit also for the kids. I think that’s why they have “purpose of visit” issue.
But do you think it will be ok if I change that and reapply again for the entire family, maybe find a way to top up the fund to say 15m through gift deed and then include a sponsorship letter from our registered company.
For proof of ties, we added 4 land, vehicle, spouse business registration and company registration, does it seems not to be enough ties?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Biodex58(m): 8:10am On Jan 20, 2023
Prosperkossy
Please check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 8:47am On Jan 20, 2023
Yaltz:
What should I do please?

My DOB on my Waec does not tally with the DOB on my passport.

I didn’t notice it today I already upload in on the NBCC portal and the application has been submitted.

Please what can I do?
Get your affidavit and submit it through webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 9:34am On Jan 20, 2023
Yes, but still battling with form A. Have you been issued visa?
I used Eco bank for my Form A.

Ayimperial1:
Anyone going to Niagara College by Sept 2023?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 10:09am On Jan 20, 2023
Please house,
For those who have done biometrics, whats the purpose of photocopying the IntL Passport without them collecting it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 10:17am On Jan 20, 2023
samy2big:
It's PPR

God has done it for me.

I have cried like a baby.

2nd application.
I applied with the old portal GCkeys

Application date:. 11th November 2022
PPR date today 19th January 2023

Coming back to give my full timeline.

I am still shaking....

I will be submitting passport tomorrow.
Please recommend the Vfs location: Lagos or Abuja?

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 10:18am On Jan 20, 2023
aji2000:
Its PPR guys! God came through for me...

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 10:30am On Jan 20, 2023
Etukokwu1234:

Just make the entire one year tuition payment, do the other necessary documentations by tackling the VO’s concerns and refire.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 10:43am On Jan 20, 2023
Please let us know if your application has been updated after you submitted it in December or January for September intakes alone cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bwise22: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2023
Pls i also applied to Conestoga college but deferred my admission due to delayed in study permit approval. I need you to guild me more. I need your contact pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bwise22: 10:57am On Jan 20, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ebyxander: 11:26am On Jan 20, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mizz2posh: 11:44am On Jan 20, 2023
Chechem:
Please house,
For those who have done biometrics, whats the purpose of photocopying the IntL Passport without them collecting it?

Do 2 photo copies, they will collect 1 and return the other to you, I think they wrote a number on the one they returned to me. Make sure you do your photocopy and print out before going there o, the day I went for mine, I did 3 photocopies and 2 print out there for 4,500.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kassidy07(m): 11:46am On Jan 20, 2023
Good morning house I has asked this question for days now but nobody replied pls help , my medicals appointment is on Monday and this morning I just called their help desk to know what to come along with as I do be traveling from ph to my greatest surprise the lady said I will need to come with my COVID 19 card is this a new development? Cause I don’t have it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2023
why not try use google map i think it around that GRA side AYINKE Hospital
TOSM:
Hello guys, pls how do I get to IOM Office from Ogba?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2023
Predator188:

It is obvious that you have insufficient funds. That is 10.5 m +2.5m
Maintenance/living expenses per year for 5 family member is: spouse:4000 +other:3000+3000+3000+3000=16000 cad per year + student=26000 cad per year equivalent of 8,88,4025 naira

The reality is that, the minimum funds per year for maintenance stated by IRCC is just minimum funds as it is ..when you arrive in canada you will spend more than that on living expenses alone. Including flight ticket for family of 6 with provided bank balance of 10.5m +2.5m...with this also spouse applied for visitor visa instead of open work permit.

4 to 6yrs PHD @ 9300 cad per year equivalent of 3,177,233 per year,Ircc will expect you to have more funds in bank balance other than previous bank balance provided and source of funds to support you in next 4 to 6 year..that is tuitions,3,177,233 naira +maintenance 8,884,025 naira per year

Thank you Predator,

Pls if I decide to reapply for myself alone and the fund I have is now 7m. Do you think it will be enough for me alone, then, I can use our joint company (owned by me and spouse) as my sponsor but the 7m is on my personal account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by LauraP: 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2023
you don't need it
kassidy07:
Good morning house I has asked this question for days now but nobody replied pls help , my medicals appointment is on Monday and this morning I just called their help desk to know what to come along with as I do be traveling from ph to my greatest surprise the lady said I will need to come with my COVID 19 card is this a new development? Cause I don’t have it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2023
affidavit do back it up

Yaltz:
What should I do please?

My DOB on my Waec does not tally with the DOB on my passport.

I didn’t notice it today I already upload in on the NBCC portal and the application has been submitted.

Please what can I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 12:52pm On Jan 20, 2023
Ebyxander:
Good morning everyone,

Been following this group silently since I got admission last year, submitted my application on September and got my approval in the 16th of January.

Always come online to read peoples story and encourage myself while I was waiting. It was not an easy one.

Please I am trying to book for flight and I saw a very good price with British airways but it has 3h:05mins layover at Heathrow. Please do I need a transit visa for this.

Those who have traveled this route recently please help a sister out.

And for people looking for cheap colleges check out Cambrian college and College of new Caledonia.

For everyone waiting for PPR... Keep praying hard.... God will come through for all. Amen

You need transit visa for uk.. try airfrance with paris stopover, Qatar, Egypt air etc
I travelled with air france and the journey was super smooth.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 12:57pm On Jan 20, 2023
Baphil:
So sorry about your refusal but please do not let this discourage you.

May I ask if you have more money in your account now? How much did you have as cash flow for your family of 6?

Maybe you should try open study permit for children of 6 years and above and an open work permit for your wife. Give solid and cogent reasons why you need to all go together. Reasons like it will cause a lot of hardship on your spouse and children since you have never lived apart before, your PhD study of 4 to 6 years is too long to stay apart, you desire to bring up your children together to avoid dysfunctional attitudes and juvenile deliquency, for emotional and physical support etc.

All the best!

Thank you so much Baphil

Honestly I doubt if I can get more cash to add up. The 10.5m has even dropped to 7m now due to school isefees and Christmas expenses.

The open work and study is what I would’ve done initially but no preknowledge. When I wanted to do it I got confused on what to put in the school details section for the children and the work details for spouse.
As it is now, I have to reapply alone. However, I don’t really know how to go about it cos the 7m is in my personal account, meaning that I still have to use my personal account statement, maybe develop a sponsorship letter from my company signed by my spouse stating that the company already transferred 10k cad for my expenses as shown on my statement and will be eager to support me further.

One other thing that I don’t understand, does ircc not consider funded studies? Cos I know the minimum monthly 2k cad can cover all tuition fees, which is why the school did not request for tuition deposit.

Another challenge is Assets, 4 land, 1 vehicle and 1 company is it not enough assets, or is it cos I only include just the survey plan cos of doc size?

I need more light pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 1:28pm On Jan 20, 2023
bullstriker:
The proof of funds is in your bank account, so you are a self-sponsor. Self-sponsors must show tuition fees and living expenses for their studies for themselves and accompanying family members. Since you are going for a program of 4-6 years, you have to show the funds for the cost of your education for 4-6 years - quite a lot of money. In addition, you added your family members. So, it is quite clear that fund is insufficient.

You mentioned that spouse would take care of subsequent years, but you did not submit her bank statement and source of income (just stating it is unacceptable), and I assume you included her in the application. So, when you reapply, let your spouse be the sponsor by showing funds for a year and demonstrating a source of income for subsequent years. With a sponsor, only a year's education cost is required. Furthermore, since your finances cannot accommodate your family, apply alone. Then, when you arrive in Canada, your spouse and kids will be eligible for SOWP and a study permit.

Order GCMS note; it seems there are other grounds for the refusal besides finance. So, review your application, including the intended program. If the program is unrelated to your present job, explain in your SoP why you have chosen the program.

Thank you so much Bullstriker,

1) I will need to apply alone this time, but the money is in my own account, do I transfer it to her for her to sponsor me or will it be proper to use our joint company as sponsor signed by her, then quote that the company had transferred like 10kcad to my personal account covering the living expenses for 1 year (as shown on my account statement).

2) If I may ask, is the funding offer of 2k minimum not considered as part of my pof which is more than enough to cover for my yearly tuition?

3) Pls one other big challenge I have is reducing the doc sizes. That alone made me to remove so many doc that would have been essential despite all effort to get them compressed.

4) In terms of the program, is same program from BEng, MEng, with so many professional registrations (NIG & Inter), 4 publications and 14 years of experience on same field. (All attached previously)

5) I think the VO was very specific “insufficient fund and assets to support travel purpose”, though am trying to order for the GMCS note but it takes time, I will want to reapply while waiting for the note.

6) Again, where do I reapply? Is it on the same previous account or do I create a new account?

7) Do I also need to attach all the academic and other documents I attached previously?

Please I’ll need your guidance pls. I don’t know how I can reach you privately. Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tghurl(f): 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2023
Hi Everyone.

So, I did upfront medicals on the 20th of December 2022 and I uploaded the medical sheet I got from IOM when I submitted my application but I just got request for Medical test today.

What am I supposed to do please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
ChubaKC:

Thank you so much,
The GRA offer is a minimum amount and is to cover for my tuition + other fees, cos tuition fees are usually deducted from this offer. This is why I was not asked or requested to pay tuition deposit.

The cbsa note takes time, Don’t really know how possible to reapply alone with same documents, instead of with family? While waiting for the cbsa note.

Pls is it possible to pay for gmcs and cbsa note through dollar debit card, I can only see PayPal and credit card as stated on the web.

The CBSA notes can be out before February ending if you request today, you can pay with your dollar card, check gcsmonline, I will not advise you to just reaaply without seeing the notes because you need to use that GRA offer effectively, I saw that you are looking at going alone now, that will be very good, the funds you have now and the GRA offer can be used for your POF, while the business you have in Nigeria will take care of Madam and the kids.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 1:36pm On Jan 20, 2023
Tghurl:
Hi Everyone.

So, I did upfront medicals on the 20th of December 2022 and I uploaded the medical sheet I got from IOM when I submitted my application but I just got request for Medical test today.

What am I supposed to do please?

Upload the medical sheet again and send a message to IOM to send your results to IRCC. Congratulations in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joge64: 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2023
ChubaKC:

Thank you so much Joge

It was when I joined this platform I noticed my mistakes on the type of applications for my dependents; it would’ve been SOWP for spouse and study permit also for the kids. I think that’s why they have “purpose of visit” issue.
But do you think it will be ok if I change that and reapply again for the entire family, maybe find a way to top up the fund to say 15m through gift deed and then include a sponsorship letter from our registered company.
For proof of ties, we added 4 land, vehicle, spouse business registration and company registration, does it seems not to be enough ties?

For now, i personally think you should apply alone. With 15M, and your spouse, children ,properties as home ties, accompanied with the fact that you have GRA, you should be fine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 1:57pm On Jan 20, 2023
Bobomaigida:

The CBSA notes can be out before February ending if you request today, you can pay with your dollar card, check gcsmonline, I will not advise you to just reaaply without seeing the notes because you need to use that GRA offer effectively, I saw that you are looking at going alone now, that will be very good, the funds you have now and the GRA offer can be used for your POF, while the business you have in Nigeria will take care of Madam and the kids.

Wow! Good thoughts Bro,

gcmsnotes.com is it the right site?

Apart from maybe another refusal and another waiting time, Pls are there other consequences of applying without seeing the gcms notes, especially on the GRA?

I believe the next decision may possibly come out before February end if I still uses the January admission letter. Or you won’t advise me to use the January admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 2:29pm On Jan 20, 2023
SmartzJayTech:

New Portal... You can also send a mail.
Ok I just did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
ChubaKC:

Wow! Good thoughts Bro,

gcmsnotes.com is it the right site?

Apart from maybe another refusal and another waiting time, Pls are there other consequences of applying without seeing the gcms notes, especially on the GRA?

I believe the next decision may possibly come out before February end if I still uses the January admission letter. Or you won’t advise me to use the January admission?

The notes let you know the exact reasons for refusal which you can then tackle with the right answers, The admission is fine, it is the start date of the programme that you should be looking at now, if the start date is May, you can still send you application by March, if it is Sept that is even better.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzorsammy(m): 2:51pm On Jan 20, 2023
Why did you withdraw the money IRCC use to confirm bank balance oh!
ChubaKC:

Thank you so much Baphil

Honestly I doubt if I can get more cash to add up. The 10.5m has even dropped to 7m now due to school isefees and Christmas expenses.

The open work and study is what I would’ve done initially but no preknowledge. When I wanted to do it I got confused on what to put in the school details section for the children and the work details for spouse.
As it is now, I have to reapply alone. However, I don’t really know how to go about it cos the 7m is in my personal account, meaning that I still have to use my personal account statement, maybe develop a sponsorship letter from my company signed by my spouse stating that the company already transferred 10k cad for my expenses as shown on my statement and will be eager to support me further.

One other thing that I don’t understand, does ircc not consider funded studies? Cos I know the minimum monthly 2k cad can cover all tuition fees, which is why the school did not request for tuition deposit.

Another challenge is Assets, 4 land, 1 vehicle and 1 company is it not enough assets, or is it cos I only include just the survey plan cos of doc size?

I need more light pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.