Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (755) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1246521 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2023
You’re going for a 4 years course and you’re self sponsored so this your calculation should be at least *4 for the for years. Or your wife can sponsor you and then you can show just a year funds. Am no guru this is just my two cents!

ChubaKC:

Thank you Uzorsammy,

Considering that my program is fully funded through GRA, do I need to prove further on tuition payments?
And from my calculations; 1 yr living expenses for everyone summed up to (10000+4000+3000*4=26,000CAD) which is below 10.5m.
Then, applying alone, do you think the pof will be enough?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 2:59pm On Jan 20, 2023
Just go with your medical payment receipt, passport and appointment confirmation that’s what I went with to Iom ikeja

kassidy07:
Good morning house I has asked this question for days now but nobody replied pls help , my medicals appointment is on Monday and this morning I just called their help desk to know what to come along with as I do be traveling from ph to my greatest surprise the lady said I will need to come with my COVID 19 card is this a new development? Cause I don’t have it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2023
Tghurl:
I have finally submitted my visa application yesterday ������ now the short wait begins.
Keep me in your prayers please
Hello Tghurl is it for September or May intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 3:31pm On Jan 20, 2023
harkintem:
Pls house I have submitted my application since 30th September 2022. Biometric 6th October 2022, biometric passed same day. Ever since then, I haven’t gotten any information or notification on my page. What should I do from here?
Hello Harkintem,
any update on your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tghurl(f): 3:42pm On Jan 20, 2023
Okay, thank you so much

Bobomaigida:

Upload the medical sheet again and send a message to IOM to send your results to IRCC. Congratulations in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aboffine: 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2023
chithec:

When did they update your medicals?
January 4th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Newerakings(m): 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2023
What does it mean when it stated in Course duration

3 years Maximum

Does this mean i will be the one to determine the time i can complete the course but it must be within 3 years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blueberryacres: 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2023
Hi guys,

where can my sponsor do an affidavit of support? does he need to write letter of sponsorship after that?

Also does the SOP have a word limit? I saw lots of videos on youtube saying two pages is enough as long as it’s straightforward.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 5:30pm On Jan 20, 2023
HakHim:
Hello Gurus in the house...

My classes starts by May 2023. But i plan to enter Canada by Feb 2023 that's next month.

I hope it's okay to enter Canada three months before the start of my classes?

You won't be allowed to work so why the rush?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:34pm On Jan 20, 2023
1.You will be a self-sponsor if the company transfers the funds to you without submitting the bank statement. It would be better for the company to transfer to your wife’s account so she can be an eligible sponsor since she is a co-owner. Then, with strategic planning and a proper explanation of the funding received from the school, you can use the funds available to resolve this financial issue.

2. It is part of the proof of funds. Forgive me for saying I believe your application was poorly submitted. The onus is on you to demonstrate how you intend to pay for subsequent years; ‘dumping’ the funding letter in your application without a thorough explanation can leave the VOs with no choice but to deny applications.

3. You can convert it to a jpeg or use the GCkey account to submit it. With a GCKey account, you can upload up to 4MB.

4. Great. No issue regarding career progression.

5. I can help you order the CBSA note. It takes 30 days or less.

6. You can use the same account. If you used the new portal, I would recommend the GcKey account so you can upload more documents.

7. Yes, you must.

To contact me, click Bullstriker, then click ‘Send Email to Bullstriker.’ You can send me a mail after I respond to the email. Also, when you visit my profile, you will see other ways to contact me.

ChubaKC:

Thank you so much Bullstriker,

1) I will need to apply alone this time, but the money is in my own account, do I transfer it to her for her to sponsor me or will it be proper to use our joint company as sponsor signed by her, then quote that the company had transferred like 10kcad to my personal account covering the living expenses for 1 year (as shown on my account statement).

2) If I may ask, is the funding offer of 2k minimum not considered as part of my pof which is more than enough to cover for my yearly tuition?

3) Pls one other big challenge I have is reducing the doc sizes. That alone made me to remove so many doc that would have been essential despite all effort to get them compressed.

4) In terms of the program, is same program from BEng, MEng, with so many professional registrations (NIG & Inter), 4 publications and 14 years of experience on same field. (All attached previously)

5) I think the VO was very specific “insufficient fund and assets to support travel purpose”, though am trying to order for the GMCS note but it takes time, I will want to reapply while waiting for the note.

6) Again, where do I reapply? Is it on the same previous account or do I create a new account?

7) Do I also need to attach all the academic and other documents I attached previously?

Please I’ll need your guidance pls. I don’t know how I can reach you privately. Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 5:37pm On Jan 20, 2023
chithec:
Please let us know if your application has been updated after you submitted it in December or January for September intakes alone cry
Anyone? cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yaltz: 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2023
After uploading my doc to the NBCC platform I found out that the date of birth on my Waec and passport does not tally

I have an old affidavit which I do in 2016 can I use that old affidavit or should I do a new one?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2023
Yes, the old affidavit will suffice
Yaltz:
After uploading my doc to the NBCC platform I found out that the date of birth on my Waec and passport does not tally

I have an old affidavit which I do in 2016 can I use that old affidavit or should I do a new one?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zeed13: 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
Does anyone have an idea on how to open an account in Canada to support one's application?
I have a friend who would like to deposit her living expenses towards her study visa application in Canada.
any link on how? or which bank accepts Nigeria?

thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zeed13: 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2023
yes you can use it.
I had similar case too.
bullstriker:
Yes, the old affidavit will suffice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2023
blueberryacres:
Hi guys,

where can my sponsor do an affidavit of support? does he need to write letter of sponsorship after that?

Also does the SOP have a word limit? I saw lots of videos on youtube saying two pages is enough as long as it’s straightforward.

Thanks in advance

Combination of affidavit of support and Letter of sponsorship works best. The affividavit can be done at any high court, or a notary public (cost more)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yaltz: 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2023
Zeed13:
yes you can use it.
I had similar case too.

Where you given admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yupong: 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2023
Zeed13:
Does anyone have an idea on how to open an account in Canada to support one's application?
I have a friend who would like to deposit her living expenses towards her study visa application in Canada.
any link on how? or which bank accepts Nigeria?

thanks .
Open a Gic account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JungleboyT(m): 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2023
Hi Guys. Thanks for every relevant information and details. You guys are really doing a great job.

Please I would like to ask know If anyone applied or has ever applied for M.Sc Economics at the University of Manitoba. Would need to ask few questions.

I applied few months back, but hasn't received any response yet. Besides, I graduated with 4.59 CGPA in Economics with a year work experience as a research consultant. Study gap is three years.

Would be glad if anyone could enlighten on any likely setback that might be hindering my application.

Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by segzyndpep(m): 7:03pm On Jan 20, 2023
Hello to everyone. I'd appreciate it if someone could recommend a college that accepts first semester tuition payments around May/June. I have two offers from Conestoga and Flemings colleges, and both ask me to pay for the first semester between now and February for Fall intake 2023. I'm looking for college who can at least wait till May-July for first semester payment. I can pay a deposit of 1k-2kCAD to accept the offer, which used to be the standard.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Johnbravo1994: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2023
I applied more than 2 months as well since first week of October..... You will get your decision in March
Relax you don't need to be panic
JungleboyT:
Hi Guys. Thanks for every relevant information and details. You guys are really doing a great job.

Please I would like to ask know If anyone applied or has ever applied for M.Sc Economics at the University of Manitoba. Would need to ask few questions.

I applied few months back, but hasn't received any response yet. Besides, I graduated with 4.59 CGPA in Economics with a year work experience as a research consultant. Study gap is three years.

Would be glad if anyone could enlighten on any likely setback that might be hindering my application.

Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2023
can u help in reviewing my SOP

bullstriker:
1.You will be a self-sponsor if the company transfers the funds to you without submitting the bank statement. It would be better for the company to transfer to your wife’s account so she can be an eligible sponsor since she is a co-owner. Then, with strategic planning and a proper explanation of the funding received from the school, you can use the funds available to resolve this financial issue.

2. It is part of the proof of funds. Forgive me for saying I believe your application was poorly submitted. The onus is on you to demonstrate how you intend to pay for subsequent years; ‘dumping’ the funding letter in your application without a thorough explanation can leave the VOs with no choice but to deny applications.

3. You can convert it to a jpeg or use the GCkey account to submit it. With a GCKey account, you can upload up to 4MB.

4. Great. No issue regarding career progression.

5. I can help you order the CBSA note. It takes 30 days or less.

6. You can use the same account. If you used the new portal, I would recommend the GcKey account so you can upload more documents.

7. Yes, you must.

To contact me, click Bullstriker, then click ‘Send Email to Bullstriker.’ You can send me a mail after I respond to the email. Also, when you visit my profile, you will see other ways to contact me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zeed13: 7:20pm On Jan 20, 2023
Can Nigerians open a GIC account?
Yupong:

Open a Gic account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JungleboyT(m): 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2023
Johnbravo1994:
I applied more than 2 months as well since first week of October..... You will get your decision in March
Relax you don't need to be panic

Ohh thanks. Please what course? And can we link up of Whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Josh121(m): 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2023
segzyndpep:
Hello to everyone. I'd appreciate it if someone could recommend a college that accepts first semester tuition payments around May/June. I have two offers from Conestoga and Flemings colleges, and both ask me to pay for the first semester between now and February for Fall intake 2023. I'm looking for college who can at least wait till May-July for first semester payment. I can pay a deposit of 1k-2kCAD to accept the offer, which used to be the standard.

Conestoga take 1500 cad deposit and your first semester payment should be done by june

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by LauraP: 7:25pm On Jan 20, 2023
Just go to a high court near you.
It’s online anyway but you have to print at the court.
Costs 1,500
blueberryacres:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2023
Y’all need to check out NBBC Canada
Tuition is as low as #9000 CAD
Tuition deposit #500

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 7:32pm On Jan 20, 2023
Preshyrn:
I did medicals since October yet no change on my page

Hi Preshyrn
Any update on your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wsx2: 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2023
ChubaKC:

Thank you so much @mrprolifik,

The school did not request nor require that I should pay tuition cos the PhD program is funded, thus tuition is being deducted from GRA offer.
Yes I think my family will have to stay back, but I don’t really know if same fund will be ok for me applying alone?
I learnt Gcms note takes time, I just needed to reapply while waiting for the gcms note.

I read you got refusal .the money in your account is not enough to convince vo. Estimate of 50k cad is required for a family of 5 to be on safe side.the vo has calculated the fee. Accommodation alone can cost 70 percent of that money if it's 2 or 3 bedroom.this is the reality some cities are expensive like toronto.

You need a lot of money or something to show that money will keep coming in even while you are away. When I submitted my application I submitted my 14 tenants tenancy yearly agreement despite not having much in my account and despite taking loan that covers both my tuition and living expenses.

You need strong hometimes and good account statement if you are adding your family to your application especially when they are more than 1

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wsx2: 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2023
HazeeyzaH:

You need transit visa for uk.. try airfrance with paris stopover, Qatar, Egypt air etc
I travelled with air france and the journey was super smooth.

Good to hear you've travelled. I will be coming in February and you will be my girlfriend lol. How did you later book your accomodation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisoo(m): 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2023
Wsx2:

Good to hear you've travelled. I will be coming in February and you will be my girlfriend lol. How did you later book your accomodation

Guys, PPR just landed this evening!
God is great! Please help me thank Him. Whatever He says surely comes to pass. I am a living testimony!

Second time applicant.
Application date Dec 5th, 2022
Medical Updated Jan 10th.
Eligibility Jan 10, 2023
PPR, JAN 20, 2023,
Will be back with details!

Am in PH and my Biometric was done in Lagos. However, I want to send my passport to Abuja. Please which Courier company is preferable…UPS or DHL?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 8:39pm On Jan 20, 2023
chrisoo:

Guys, PPR just landed this evening!
God is great! Please help me thank Him. Whatever He says surely comes to pass. I am a living testimony!

Second time applicant.
Application date Dec 5th, 2022
Medical Updated Jan 10th.
Eligibility Jan 10, 2023
PPR, JAN 20, 2023,
Will be back with details!

Am in PH and my Biometric was done in Lagos. However, I want to send my passport to Abuja. Please which Courier company is preferable…UPS or DHL?
congratulations to you! Did you recieve email first? or you had to check your portal randomly?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.