Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,774 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community (19961 Views)

Mangu Killings: Five Suspects Arrested Over Murder Of ’30’ Plateau Residents / 10th NASS Leadership: APC Leaders Move To Douse Tension Over Sharing Formula / Reno Omokri Blasts Southerners Over Murder Of Fatima & Her 4 Kids In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2022
If you look at carefully you will realise Tinubu may have hands in this killings.

1 Like

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by November1857(m): 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
Biodun556:

But you ipob dropped your self determination for Peter Obi ...
Drop in your figment of imagination .. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by rusher14: 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2022
Viscuz:

What if na Tinubu use am for sacrifice so that e yansh go stop to leak ?

Not DSS?

2 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by rusher14: 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2022
sanusideunifier:
This one they are quick to call Obi, I hope Tinubu and his desperate supporters are not gunmen.

Not Fulani anymore?

2 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Biodun556(m): 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2022
B
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by techWriter3: 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2022
the group politicians 's NGO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by mii4u(f): 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
Abdul05:
grin cheesy

As for me.

It would be better for the biafrans to stick to Biafra agitation and stop acting like one United Nigerians.. grin

Make up ur mind stop shilly-shallying attitude
Na only Biafra una dey see, how abt the yorubas dat were agitating for their oduduwa, no one seems to be talkn abt dem despite the fact that they are not bin marginalized, unlike Biafra dat even a new born baby knows that they are hated even in their own country.
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by ASAPFERG1: 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2022
Avoid afghaneastern

2 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Sincinnati: 9:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
iReddington:
They are taking refuge in many South Western State because home has become a terror zone and inhabitable, but will still be trolling and badmouthing their host.
I'm not sure you're alright.

Same South West Bandits have overrun through Owoh?
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2022
Biodun556:
Ipob Peter Obi's NGO
lies go kill you here undecided
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by KosiGee(m): 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7256672/man-kills-brothers-wife-anambra

Isn’t this the same story we all read here? Has it turned to unknown gun men?

I thought this was some family feud and the attack was carried out by some known family member.

1 Like

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2022
KosiGee:
https://www.nairaland.com/7256672/man-kills-brothers-wife-anambra

Isn’t this the same story we all read here? Has it turned to unknown gun men?

I thought this was some family feud and the attack was carried out by some known family member.

LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by AbaganaMiracle: 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
OyigboUpdate what do you know about this dastard act?
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2022
GerogeI:
OP,
I hope you know you can be prosecuted for the lies you are peddling up and down. If what you are doing results in ethnic cleansing, be it known to you that the world will then start looking for the cause, and the internet never forgets. For now its harmless fun for you, but one day, you may hang for the lies in the post you have above, and are spreading.

Even in Igbo families, we have divided opinions for which we have not yet beheaded each other, talkless of national politics. Nobody has ever been hurt for supporting a crook, and nobody will.

Don’t mind these Igbo-hating vermin!

Since the end of the uncivil war, Ndigbo had to wait till the coming of the bigot-in-chief Buhari and his Supreme Court minion, to start exhibiting all the gory acts of senseless ‘murder, beheading, cannibalism and random targeting of prominent Igbo sons and daughters’ for no reason other than (as some bigoted APC/Buhari loving Yoruba and Fulani tell it) to ‘achieve Biafra’!

Had the Prelate of the Methodist church been murdered by those diseased Fulani terrorists that kidnapped him, the same fools falling over themselves to sell the narrative that Ndigbo are killing themselves for Biafra, will be the same ones shouting that ‘ESN killed him’!
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Heffalump(m): 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2022
Abdul05:
grin cheesy
As for me.
It would be better for the biafrans to stick to Biafra agitation and stop acting like one United Nigerians.. grin

What many like you don't know is that majority of Peter Obi supporters are not Igbos.
How prominent Igbo men are rooting for PO despite his national popularity. Those hating him should be very careful because if God has ordained him, you can do nothing to stop him. This is my honest opinion.
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by GodsOwnMan: 10:36pm On Jul 31, 2022
So this is what peter obi is planning for Nigeria. God forbid peteru obituary.

My vote is for Bola Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by hassana728: 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2022
Half of a rising sun.Half of a rising sun....

2 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Beremx(f): 10:47pm On Jul 31, 2022
I thought i read somewhere that she was killed by her brother in-law because of a land tussle? What kind of stupid story is this
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by NigeriaIsDoomed: 12:10am On Aug 01, 2022
Igbo land is an accursed land. My friend that is living there is planning to run away for incessant killings.
Please everyone there should stay safe.
We pray for the restoration of peace in Igbo land. Amen....

2 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Yankee101: 12:57am On Aug 01, 2022
Chimamanda has been advocating the rising sun, this is the result of your unbridled and selfish ambitions

May the souls of the dearly departed in Christ Jesus rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by ozonechrome: 1:26am On Aug 01, 2022
Biodun556:
https://thenationonlineng.net/tension-over-alleged-murder-of-chimamandas-sister/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1659279805

What is wrong with you guys?

How can you guys be killing people and terrorising a state just to score cheap political points against PO.

Please ask Tinubu to call his gunmen to order.
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by wiseoneking: 2:13am On Aug 01, 2022
Biodun556:
https://thenationonlineng.net/tension-over-alleged-murder-of-chimamandas-sister/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1659279805

Tension has heightened in Anambra community over the alleged gruesome murder of one of the sisters of the renowned novelist Chimamanda Adichie.

The incident happened at Ogbunike, Oyi local government area on July 19.

The 40-year-old daughter of Abba, Njikoka local government area and mother of five, Mrs Nkiru Okoye, was said to have been killed without any cause.

Her husband, the family and the community are demanding justice over her death.

Anambra Police Public Relations Officer, Ikenga Tochukwu, confirmed the incident Sunday to The Nation .

He said investigations had already commenced on the matter while some of his men had been deployed to the community to maintain law and order.

Tochukwu, said the Command and other agencies would not allow some criminal elements to disturb the peace existing in the State.

The deceased’s family had threatened if the suspect were not produced, they would be forced to take laws into their hands to avenge the death of their sister.

On what transpired, the husband of the deceased, Mr Emenike Okoye, said he was preparing for work while his late wife (Nkiru) was preparing to travel home (Abba) for a meeting of Umuada (Daughters of her kindred in Abba) when her assailants stormed their house around 7-8am

“We did not do anything. They overpowered us, beat us to stupor and left. Later when my children have gone to school, they returned with some persons and dangerous weapons, including axe.

“They dragged my wife outside the house, hit and killed her with axe and chair. She felled and died. When I resisted their move to drag me outside too, they broke my hand with an axe, dragged me outside; hitting me with the axe all over my body until I passed out.

“You can see the cut on my eyes. They left me thinking that I was also dead. But God helped me to wake up later. I reported the incident to our local vigilante and they drove me to hospital,” he said

Emenike, whose five children- two boys and three girls- are still between age 3 and 11 appealed for justice over the death of his 40-year-old wife.

He said: “I’m deeply in pain. My hand is broken. I cannot stand or sit down. My waist is paining me. My head is heating like hot water. I cannot see well with my eyes. I need serious medical attention,” he lamented.

Some members of Ogbunike Daughters Association (Umuada Ogbunike), Mrs Nkechinyeru Nwoye and Ms Ogochukwu Okoye, described the incident as abomination.

They added that they had mandated the local vigilante and their brothers (male folks of the kindred) to double efforts towards bringing justice to Emenike and his late wife.

The younger brother of late Nkiru, Mr Chidiebele Okelue, said that Abba people would never rest until justice was assured

He appealed to the Commissioner of Police, Inspector General of Police and other security agencies to help in bringing the culprits to book.

MAY THIS FALSE INFORMATION CARRIED ON BEHALF OF CHIMAMANDA'S FAMILY BE YOUR PORTION. You guys should learn to give a true report

1 Like

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Flexxy1000: 2:57am On Aug 01, 2022
Biodun556:

Tension has heightened in Anambra community over the alleged gruesome murder of one of the sisters of the renowned novelist Chimamanda Adichie.

The incident happened at Ogbunike, Oyi local government area on July 19.

The 40-year-old daughter of Abba, Njikoka local government area and mother of five, Mrs Nkiru Okoye, was said to have been killed without any cause.

Her husband, the family and the community are demanding justice over her death.

Anambra Police Public Relations Officer, Ikenga Tochukwu, confirmed the incident Sunday to The Nation .

He said investigations had already commenced on the matter while some of his men had been deployed to the community to maintain law and order.

Tochukwu, said the Command and other agencies would not allow some criminal elements to disturb the peace existing in the State.

The deceased’s family had threatened if the suspect were not produced, they would be forced to take laws into their hands to avenge the death of their sister.

On what transpired, the husband of the deceased, Mr Emenike Okoye, said he was preparing for work while his late wife (Nkiru) was preparing to travel home (Abba) for a meeting of Umuada (Daughters of her kindred in Abba) when her assailants stormed their house around 7-8am

“We did not do anything. They overpowered us, beat us to stupor and left. Later when my children have gone to school, they returned with some persons and dangerous weapons, including axe.

“They dragged my wife outside the house, hit and killed her with axe and chair. She felled and died. When I resisted their move to drag me outside too, they broke my hand with an axe, dragged me outside; hitting me with the axe all over my body until I passed out.

“You can see the cut on my eyes. They left me thinking that I was also dead. But God helped me to wake up later. I reported the incident to our local vigilante and they drove me to hospital,” he said

Emenike, whose five children- two boys and three girls- are still between age 3 and 11 appealed for justice over the death of his 40-year-old wife.

He said: “I’m deeply in pain. My hand is broken. I cannot stand or sit down. My waist is paining me. My head is heating like hot water. I cannot see well with my eyes. I need serious medical attention,” he lamented.

Some members of Ogbunike Daughters Association (Umuada Ogbunike), Mrs Nkechinyeru Nwoye and Ms Ogochukwu Okoye, described the incident as abomination.

They added that they had mandated the local vigilante and their brothers (male folks of the kindred) to double efforts towards bringing justice to Emenike and his late wife.

The younger brother of late Nkiru, Mr Chidiebele Okelue, said that Abba people would never rest until justice was assured

He appealed to the Commissioner of Police, Inspector General of Police and other security agencies to help in bringing the culprits to book.

This is a very very big lie. The Nation newspapers are big liars and propagandists serving their boss.

The woman is not related to Chimamanda and Chimamanda has come out to refute the news.

https://punchng.com/im-not-related-to-murdered-anambra-lady-chimamanda

The Nation online has taken down the post on facebook but left the article on their website to keep deceiving people.

It's a big shame.

1 Like

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by kingthreat(m): 4:56am On Aug 01, 2022
Dear Igbos,

Instead of clamouring Biafra and Peter Obi, you all should take strong conscious efforts to redeem your homeland. If not for the herdsmen issues in North Central and North West, your region is the most unsafe in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Doubleoh7: 5:10am On Aug 01, 2022
Funny and painful at the same time the length the nation newspaper is willing to go, in spreading propaganda they believe will aid their master in his presidential ambition. This same story that was a family land tussle and the man involved has been arrested by police while still searching for his wife and kids who joined in the assault has been retouched and somehow, Chimamanda's name added to it for some sauce, all for what? Political points? It's well

1 Like

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Amumaigwe: 5:47am On Aug 01, 2022
Abdul05:
grin cheesy

As for me.

It will also be better for Arewa terrorists to stick to their agitation for establishment of a Muslim Caliphate and their politicians stop acting like they are interested in a one united Nigeria.

They should also make up their mind either to enthrone the government by bandits and Boko Haram or stick to nation building.
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by adebolabrown: 7:42am On Aug 01, 2022
Rest in oeace.
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by rusher14: 7:43am On Aug 01, 2022
Flexxy1000:

This is a very very big lie. The Nation newspapers are big liars and propagandists serving their boss.

The woman is not related to Chimamanda and Chimamanda has come out to refute the news.

https://punchng.com/im-not-related-to-murdered-anambra-lady-chimamanda

The Nation online has taken down the post on facebook but left the article on their website to keep deceiving people.

It's a big shame.

I thought all igbos were related.
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by ogatboy(m): 7:44am On Aug 01, 2022
Biodun556:
Ipob Peter Obi's NGO

People trying to project Tinubu's game play on Peter Obi. Only Tinubu does such enforcement of stupid rules to gain support.

IPOB have said they do not support election, how can they now be killing people for not supporting someone.

Only people that bought the idea that Buhari was their messiah will believe that the killings in the East are done by IPOB. Only brainless people will believe that
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by damosky12(m): 7:45am On Aug 01, 2022
Biodun556:
Ipob Peter Obi's NGO

Stop this na. There's been terrorism in that region before campaign started. Stop this stupid fake news.
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Sleekfingers: 7:47am On Aug 01, 2022
judithjam:
Peter obi will never be president

Of course, he can never be president. It is between tinubu and atiku

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy / Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters / Car Explosion At Benue Government House (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.