Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen (431 Views)

El-rufai Visits Gowon After Meeting SDP Leaders, Amid Talks Of Plans To Dump APC / David Mark Condemns Attack On Ortom, Warns Of Impending Anarchy / Let's Hand Nigeria Back To Whites Like Zimbabwe Is Handing Land Back To Whites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by AugustusBill: 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2022
Ortom Warns of Plans to Hand Nigeria Over to Fulani Herdsmen

Ortom Warns of Plans to Hand Nigeria Over to Fulani Herdsmen: Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State in the North-Central region of Nigeria has thrown shots at the presidency, accusing the current administration of ignoring the incessant killings of innocent Nigerians.

Ortom aired his greviances during a press interview in Makurdi, and further alleged plans by the government to hand over power to criminal elements.

Ortom spoke on Wednesday in Makurdi during an interview with reporters at the Benue Peoples House, following the attack on two communities in the state where more than 23 persons were killed in their sleep by militia Fulani herdsmen.” He said, “Enough is enough.”
Suspected Fulani herdsmen had invaded and killed eight persons in Mbadwem in Guma local government and 16 in Tiortyu, a sprawling settlement in Tarka local government, along the Makurdi-Gboko road.

Ortom described the attacks as “unfortunate and the height of impunity.”

He accused Buhari’s APC government of turning a blind eye and paying lip service to the cries of the Benue people, “As the herdsmen continue to invade our communities and kill innocent people.”

The governor recalled how he had alerted Nigerians and the federal government on the murderous activities of the Fulani terrorists for many years, “Yet they didn’t believe me. Now, they are gradually taking over every space in the country. We are now sharing our sovereignty with terrorists.”

Ortom alleged that the plan of the herdsmen and their sponsors was to send the people away from their ancestral homes, take over the lands, and cause confusion in the country so that the forthcoming elections would not hold.

He stated, “I suspect that very soon, some states will be completely taken over by these Fulani men called bandits. I suspect that very soon, even the Presidential Villa will be handed over to them. I suspect strongly that this is their plan and so nobody should deceive me.”

The governor said he was old enough to understand the agenda of the terrorists Fulani against Nigeria because, as he put it, “it is a plan to hand over to these Fulani men who are called bandits so there will be no election.”

He appealed to good-spirited Fulani men and those who had the ears of the president to persuade him to stop the evil going on in the country.

Ortom warned that if nothing was done, the people would resort to self-help, which would throw the country into anarchy.

Source.
https://latestnews.ng/ortom-warns-of-plans-to-hand-nigeria-over-to-fulani-herdsmen/

Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by Chepos1(m): 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2022
Go and pay salaries first.
What's the difference between Buhari and Atiku that you support?
When it's time to pay salaries, this failure personified will just be running mouth to cover his abysmal performance.
If only there's award for WORST PERFORMING GOVERNOR, Governor Ortom will win it back to back.

NOBODY SHOULD ASK ME, I AM FROM BENUE AND I KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by Seyigoya: 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2022
People hate the truth

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by mymadam(m): 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2022
Oga Ortom, u say wetin?

1 Like

Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by Chiboy419: 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2022
No be lie
Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by Totilopussylick(m): 12:49pm On Aug 03, 2022
Chepos1:
Go and pay salaries first.
What's the difference between Buhari and Atikwu that you support?

Benue citizens hate these man with passion tongue

How he became governor is very unknown undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by SmartPolician: 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
Considering the way Fulani herdsmen keep massacring Benue people, one would think that APC would lose 2019 presidential election in the state.

Surprisingly, Buhari won in Benue. That was when I gave up on Benue people. You guys should enjoy whatever you see - you totally deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by Chepos1(m): 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Benue citizens hate these man with passion tongue

How he became governor is very unknown undecided

We were tired of PDP and thought he will be better.
This Ortom of a person cried in a church having sympathy for state government worker they were owning 4 months salaries during the 2015 campaign, now he's owning close to 24 months salaries across the state civil service boards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by Chepos1(m): 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2022
SmartPolician:
Considering the way Fulani herdsmen keep massacring Benue people, one would think that APC would lose 2019 presidential election in the state.

Surprisingly, Buhari won in Benue. That was when I gave up on Benue people. You guys should enjoy whatever you see - you totally deserve it.

For your information sir, Benue citizens don't vote in party line. If only PDP presented a better option than Atiku.
Buhari is of much importance to Benue than this failure personified.
Benue Fulani crises was worst in 2013 - 2016 than now, we know what the then Governor (Senator Gabriel Suswan) did to curb the problem. He wasn't running to the federal government to solve the state problem for him.
Ortom with all the Billions from Paris Club refund, bail out and other borrowing couldn't do anything.
We Benue indigenes know this

1 Like

Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by rusher14: 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
The truth about Ortom is well known.
Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by Faiththatworks(m): 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hmmmm, Governor Ortom should never have been elected to public office, he always acts and speaks like he's not in charge of governance in Benue State.
I always wonder who's facing the toughest challenge between Gov Zulum of Zamfara state and Gov Ortom.
I'm sure Gov Zulum is going through hell in Borno State,but he has found a way to navigate the treacherous terrain of the very corrupt Nigerian security architecture.
I keep saying it for emphasis sake,and thank God Gov Ortom has confirmed it,the Fulanis are planning to take over Nigeria,what other way will the Fulani man take over if not by Pres Buhari handing over to another Fulani man as president.
Only the wise will understand what I wrote.
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by chrisxxx(m): 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2022
SmartPolician:

2019 results was written before the lection date. It was calculated to make the world feel that Benue people were not being attacked as often shouted about by Ortom.
Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by beelon1020(m): 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2022
Don’t worry... we hand over Nigeria to BAT... he will take it to a greater Hight...
Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by agadez007(m): 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2022
Exactly what tinubu would do
Has he ever condemned Fulani herdsmen menace,even the last one that happened in his backyard he went there and was blaming Evans and asked where are the cows
Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by SmartPolician: 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2022
Chepos1:

For your information sir, Benue citizens don't vote in party line. If only PDP presented a better option than Atiku.
Buhari is of much importance to Benue than this failure personified.
Benue Fulani crises was worst in 2013 - 2016 than now, we know what the then Governor (Senator Gabriel Suswan) did to curb the problem. He wasn't running to the federal government to solve the state problem for him.
Ortom with all the Billions from Paris Club refund, bail out and other borrowing couldn't do anything.
We Benue indigenes know this

Chrisxxx, you people should stop all these senseless assumptions. This is a comment from a Benue indigene.

BTW, Buhari won the election in my PU in Lagos. Anyone who thinks that Atiku Abubukar can beat Buhari in any election before now is only deceiving themselves.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Warns Of Plans To Hand Nigeria Over To Fulani Herdsmen by Obidient4life2: 2:47pm On Aug 03, 2022
Not just Fulani but Boko haram

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Nigerians ought To Ask ASUU, FG Can't Acquire To Pay Them - Festus / Keyamo - Tinubu Transformed Lagos. / BREAKING: Nigerian Electoral Body, INEC Succumbs To Pressure From Ruling APC, Ba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.