Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (95284 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Jannyfranc: 3:28am On Aug 20, 2023
How many years of job experience do you have?do you belong to any professional body? Check for other criteria,you must meet 3.,you only listed one which is advanced degree.
SugarrBaby09:
Good day all.
I have a couple of questions.

1. As a 27yr Nigerian trained MSc degree holder in political science, am i eligible for the EB2-NIW route?

2. How do i get a job, accommodation when i get there?

3. Can i start a PhD with the visa?

4. Do i need to have research papers before applying?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2023
adedammy009:
Hi, any update regarding interview?

na real sitdon look patience be this one grin grin grin grin .. As of today, common relative i.e CR and IR DQ status of august - september 2022 just started getting interview letters , maybe EB (NIW and employer based ) category will get some letters as well or sometime in september ?? Fingers crossed.!. . just from permutation..no reliable source here;
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2023
Mandem101:

na real sitdon look patience be this one grin grin grin grin .. As of today, common relative i.e CR and IR DQ status of august - september 2022 just started getting interview letters , maybe EB (NIW and employer based ) category will get some letters as well or sometime in september ?? Fingers crossed.!. . just from permutation..no reliable source here;

Hopefully that happens to be the case. We've been waiting patiently.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by eakhilomen: 8:57am On Aug 22, 2023
Good morning all, has anybody gotten IL recently, what is your DQ.
I can see family base IV are getting IL for late September 2022.

Do we have people with September DQ here?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 22, 2023
eakhilomen:
Good morning all, has anybody gotten IL recently, what is your DQ. I can see family base IV are getting IL for late September 2022. Do we have people with September DQ here?

from the look of things, it's deafening silence on EB side of things @ lagos embassy so far. if i am not speaking out of turn, koldfushion may be august or september DQ. Hence, we refer to him to get information about his case since it's quite difficult to get info. we all just have to chip in regularly to source information that will be useful to us all.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
Mandem101:

from the look of things, it's deafening silence on EB side of things @ lagos embassy so far. if i am not speaking out of turn, koldfushion may be august or september DQ. Hence, we refer to him to get information about his case since it's quite difficult to get info. we all just have to chip in regularly to source information that will be useful to us all.

I'm September 2022 DQ. I haven't seen an IL from the Lagos Consulate.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Jannyfranc: 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
What category of visa
Koldfuzhion:

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by olig(m): 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2023
Good evening,

Please, I have a problem regarding PCC. When applying on the POSSAP, I chosed traveling.
Will that be a problem? And what is the difference between PCC for traveling and residency?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 9:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
I think the DQ doesn't matter when it comes to IL. It is the PD that matters. I was DQ April 2022, but my PD is not current. EB2 NIW.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2023
Is your PD current?
Koldfuzhion:

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 12:59am On Aug 23, 2023
Aku660:
Is your PD current?

Yes, my priority date is 14Feb22 while Final Action Date for EB2 ROW is 01Jul22. How come yours isn't current for since you are EB2-NIW and were DQ in April 2022? Are you not in the ROW category?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by hollo: 5:05am On Aug 23, 2023
I think one of the best things we can do here to help ourselves in terms of knowing what is happening is to state our DQ and priority dates. With this info, we can begin to make informed guesses about what moth the embassy is/has invited for interview. The wait is killing!!!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by hollo: 7:08am On Aug 23, 2023
hollo:
I think one of the best things we can do here to help ourselves in terms of knowing what is happening is to state our DQ and priority dates. With this info, we can begin to make informed guesses about what moth the embassy is/has invited for interview. The wait is killing!!!
PD September 2022
DQ February 2023

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by mayowa94: 7:19am On Aug 23, 2023
Hello,
How long does it take to get approval after petition is filed? EB3
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by KemsyDA: 7:32am On Aug 23, 2023
Hello, kindly check if this post is correct...

How come all the documents you submitted to NVC were accepted in April 2022, and still your priority date is not current?

Are you doing EB2-NIW rest of the world?

Please also note that according to NVC, interviews are scheduled on first in, first out basis, meaning once your PD is current, DQ date becomes the basis of getting interview letter.

Thanks.
Aku660:
I think the DQ doesn't matter when it comes to IL. It is the PD that matters. I was DQ April 2022, but my PD is not current. EB2 NIW.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
Sorry, I was DQ April 2023 and my PD is 2 Aug 2022. If your PD is 14Feb2022 you can contact NVC to know the reason you have not received IL since your date is current. You should have received IL based on your PD.
Koldfuzhion:

Yes, my priority date is 14Feb22 while Final Action Date for EB2 ROW is 01Jul22. How come yours isn't current for since you are EB2-NIW and were DQ in April 2022? Are you not in the ROW category?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2023
Thank you.
I was DQ April 2023, EB2 NIW ROW. PD is August 2022
KemsyDA:
Hello, kindly check if this post is correct...

How come all the documents you submitted to NVC were accepted in April 2022, and still your priority date is not current?

Are you doing EB2-NIW rest of the world?

Please also note that according to NVC, interviews are scheduled on first in, first out basis, meaning once your PD is current, DQ date becomes the basis of getting interview letter.

Thanks.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by olig(m): 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2023
Please, can someone help me with this

olig:
Good evening,

Please, I have a problem regarding PCC. When applying on the POSSAP, I chosed traveling.
Will that be a problem? And what is the difference between PCC for traveling and residency?

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2023
hollo:

PD September 2022
DQ February 2023

PD May '22
DQ May '23
EB2 (not NIW)

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
olig:
Please, can someone help me with this
Silence probably means someone familiar with the process has not read your post. Is this the new format for getting Police certificate finger print? not heard about this for Police character cert.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by eakhilomen: 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2023
Mandem101:

PD May '22
DQ May '23
EB2 (not NIW)

PD May '21
DQ Jan '23

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by mayowa94: 10:18am On Aug 24, 2023
Hello
Some should please explain this, What is priority date? And how will I know when it becomes current?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 11:03am On Aug 24, 2023
eakhilomen:

PD May '21
DQ Jan '23

PD Nov 2022
DQ April 2023
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2023
mayowa94:
Hello Some should please explain this, What is priority date? And how will I know when it becomes current?

Priority date = This is the date that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) received your I-130 (Family base petition) / 1-140 petition (Employment based petition i.e EB3 nurses , NIW ) / PERM (For employment based petition via an employer)

Current /not Current PD status = Check your visa category and nationality (ROW= rest of the world. This applies to nationals of all countries excluding india, china, phillipine, mexico.) to see if you are current or not visa bulletin every month usually between 7th - 16th of every month a new bulletin is issued for upcoming month i.e september bulletin was released this month, october bulletin will be released in september,etc
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by mayowa94: 11:22am On Aug 24, 2023
Mandem101:

Priority date = This is the date that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) received your I-130 (Family base petition) / 1-140 petition (Employment based petition i.e EB3 nurses , NIW ) / PERM (For employment based petition via an employer)

Current /not Current PD status = Check your visa category and nationality (ROW= rest of the world. This applies to nationals of all countries excluding india, china, phillipine, mexico.) to see if you are current or not visa bulletin every month usually between 7th - 16th of every month a new bulletin is issued for upcoming month i.e september bulletin was released this month, october bulletin will be released in september,etc
Thank you. Kindly check the image attached. Can you please interpret the date attached to EB3?

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 24, 2023
@Mayowa94 The attached image isn't legible on my screen. I presume you are going through consular route, then Final action Date chart is what you monitor to know if your Priority date is current or not for your case to be forwarded by nvc to your local consulate/ embassy. If yor PD is current, your Documentarily complete/qualified date is your number in line for interview letter to be sent whenever the embassy is ready to dish out Interview letter .

August and september bulletin shows that EB3 ROW candidates with Priority dates earlier than May 1st 2020 with Documentarily complete/qualified status is/are fair game for interview Letter consideration (interview letter is at the sole discretion of the consul- general at the embassy.Lagos embassy is a case unto itself, not sure which is worse Lagos or Montreal grin grin grin grin ).

Date of filing chart is usually applicable to applicants adjusting their status while in the US. This is not always the case// The visa bulletin usually indicate what chart NVC /USCIS will accept as current priority date for adjustment of status candidate.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2023
PD August 2022
DQ April 2023
Mandem101:

PD May '22
DQ May '23
EB2 (not NIW)
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by mayowa94: 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2023
Mandem101:
@Mayowa94 The attached image isn't legible on my screen. I presume you are going through consular route, then Final action Date chart is what you monitor to know if your Priority date is current or not for your case to be forwarded by nvc to your local consulate/ embassy. If yor PD is current, your Documentarily complete/qualified date is your number in line for interview letter to be sent whenever the embassy is ready to dish out Interview letter .

August and september bulletin shows that EB3 ROW candidates with Priority dates earlier than May 1st 2020 with Documentarily complete/qualified status is/are fair game for interview Letter consideration (interview letter is at the sole discretion of the consul- general at the embassy.Lagos embassy is a case unto itself, not sure which is worse Lagos or Montreal grin grin grin grin ).

Date of filing chart is usually applicable to applicants adjusting their status while in the US. This is not always the case// The visa bulletin usually indicate what chart NVC /USCIS will accept as current priority date for adjustment of status candidate.
So all I have to do is to check out for the month EB3 shows "C"? My PD is August 23
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
@Mayowa94 What you need to see in the final action date chart EB3 ROW for your PD to be considered current is a PD further than your PD i.e if your Priority date is August 1st 2021. The priority dat on final chart has to be at least July 22 (The movement is usually between the 1st, 7-8th, 15th or 22nd day of a given month). If "C" is seen that means all priority date under consideration for visa is current .I'm Not sure we will see that anytime soon (Except DHS follows recent congressmen notification to the present to make all employment based categories current in October. This is pretty much a convo for another time). It might happen if other conditions ease up but that is pretty much retrogression waiting to happen again.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by mayowa94: 10:23pm On Aug 24, 2023
Mandem101:
@Mayowa94 What you need to see in the final action date chart EB3 ROW for your PD to be considered current is a PD further than your PD i.e if your Priority date is August 1st 2021. The priority dat on final chart has to be at least July 22 (The movement is usually between the 1st, 7-8th, 15th or 22nd day of a given month). If "C" is seen that means all priority date under consideration for visa is current .I'm Not sure we will see that anytime soon (Except DHS follows recent congressmen notification to the present to make all employment based categories current in October. This is pretty much a convo for another time). It might happen if other conditions ease up but that is pretty much retrogression waiting to happen again.
All should be "C" by October oo. The process is long.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by olig(m): 4:59am On Aug 25, 2023
Please I still need help regarding the police character certificate (PCC).
For those who DQ recently, please, how did you gk about the fingerprints? The new online PCC does not come with fingerprints.
@Koldfuzhion any further help?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by KemsyDA: 5:24am On Aug 25, 2023
olig:
Please I still need help regarding the police character certificate (PCC).
For those who DQ recently, please, how did you gk about the fingerprints? The new online PCC does not come with fingerprints.
@Koldfuzhion any further help?

I submitted the new PCC without fingerprints, and I was DQ in February 2023.

All the best!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (44) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.