Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (95295 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Jannyfranc: 7:51am On Jun 10, 2023
Do you receive mail,through the address you sent?You need to write them
Seunn11:

I used my home address in Nigeria.
Anyone with similar situation?

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Adidee: 8:45am On Jun 10, 2023
Cmeo:

Thank you for your input. I have looked into EB 3.
Do I need to WES evaluation for US degree equivalent as I have my educational qualifications from Nigeria.

Yes you will need a US degree evaluation , you may try trusforte , cheaper and faster

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Cmeo(m): 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2023
Adidee:

Yes you will need a US degree evaluation , you may try trusforte , cheaper and faster

Thank you for the response and the alternative you provided
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Mummytie23: 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2023
Jannyfranc:
No need for proof of fund,i have seen a family of 7

Thanks for your response! Family of 7, that's really encouraging for us.
But please, do you mean we won't need a proof of fund at this NVC stage or through out - even at the interview stage?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 5:38pm On Jun 10, 2023
Mummytie23:

Thanks for your response! Family of 7, that's really encouraging for us.
But please, do you mean we won't need a proof of fund at this NVC stage or through out - even at the interview stage?
You don't need POF at NVC or interview stage. However, you will need some money to settle accomodation and other things before you land a job. It is good to have a few thousand dollars saved

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by philips3(m): 4:41am On Jun 11, 2023
Lovelive:
Japa for sure
EB2 does not need proof of funds, secure a job before to be approved during the interview. But you need money to settle down when you get to the states.
It's a sure way to enter the US if you have PhD and in academic.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by mayowa94: 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
For EB3 how long does it take to get approval from DOL?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Ozzy15: 9:02am On Jun 15, 2023
RandD:
Hello guys. My EB2-NIW got approved recently within 75 days. My questions are: (1) what is the next step?(though accompany message says I should wait for 30 days for the department to contact NVC) and (2) How long from now (an estimate) can I wait to get the immigrant visa approved?
Note: I'm applying from Nigeria.
Thank you.

Hi Rand,

I noticed you applied from Nigeria, did you use any lawyer? What's the process like from Nigeria. I have 10years lab work experience, but no publications or research. Am I qualified to apply for this visa.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Jannyfranc: 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2023
Thank you
Mandem101:

check this doc out (xcel spread sheet) from montreal group on visa journey https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=1282955452.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by wole001: 8:22am On Jun 27, 2023
Mandem101:

have you received any correspondence yet? waiting for my approved case to be sent to NVC 15 business day and counting grin

Update: sent to NVC 17 biz days after approval.

WOW yours is fast, i am still waiting for this to happen.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
wole001:
WOW yours is fast, i am still waiting for this to happen.

I.are you referring to interview letter or your petition/documents is/are yet to be transferred to NVC ?
II. what centre is your document been processed through? Texas or Nebraska processing centre. 5 months of NVC reviewing document seem absurd. Though Texas processing centre is known to be annoying with sending docs to NVC, nonetheless, Contact your attorney /petitioner and use the public enquiry form at NVC.
III. further suggestions is dependent on response of the above question.

MAY 2023 VISA Processing by POST vs FSC
@Koldfuzhion @Adedammy009 @Adidee no progress with E-2 issuance at lagos post, though E-2 Applicants of Nigerian descent/ birthplace are been issued in the same time frame. . any update from you guys ?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Mandem101:

I.are you referring to interview letter or your petition/documents is/are yet to be transferred to NVC ?
II. what centre is your document been processed through? Texas or Nebraska processing centre. 5 months of NVC reviewing document seem absurd. Though Texas processing centre is known to be annoying with sending docs to NVC, nonetheless, Contact your attorney /petitioner and use the public enquiry form at NVC.

@Koldfuzhion @Adedammy009 @Adidee no progress with E-2 issuance at lagos post, though E-2 Applicants of Nigerian descent/ birthplace are been issued in the same time frame. . any update from you guys ?

No interview letter yet. Not sure what's going on, given that there was no EB-2 visas issued at Lagos post in May.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
Mandem101:

No interview letter yet. The issuance based on birthplace could be as a result of Nigerians residing outside Nigeria and doing consular processing from there.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by bomly(f): 6:45am On Jul 03, 2023
Hello everyone, it's nice to find this thread on EB Visas. I would like to apply for an EB2 visa, but I am not sure about my eligibility. I have a Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry from Nigeria and a Master's degree in Public Health from the USA. I have three children, all of whom are US citizens. My husband works for a multinational company. In terms of my work experience, I have been an entrepreneur for over 10 years.
Additionally, I have worked part-time with NGOs for the past 5 years. During my stay in the USA, I worked as a student and obtained a social security number, although it is currently inactive. With my above profile, am I eligible to apply for the EB2 visa? I would like to handle this process myself.
At the moment I have a US visiting visa but I am in Nigeria
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2023
bomly:
Hello everyone, it's nice to find this thread on EB Visas. I would like to apply for an EB2 visa, but I am not sure about my eligibility. I have a Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry from Nigeria and a Master's degree in Public Health from the USA. I have three children, all of whom are US citizens. My husband works for a multinational company. In terms of my work experience, I have been an entrepreneur for over 10 years.
Additionally, I have worked part-time with NGOs for the past 5 years. During my stay in the USA, I worked as a student and obtained a social security number, although it is currently inactive. With my above profile, am I eligible to apply for the EB2 visa? I would like to handle this process myself.
At the moment I have a US visiting visa but I am in Nigeria

To be eligible for EB-2 NIW, you will have to demonstrate that you meet the three-prong test that requires the foreign national to prove that: 1) they seek employment in an area of “substantial intrinsic merit”; 2) their services are “national in scope” and; 3) national interests would be adversely affected if the applicant was to go through the labor certification process.

I believe that previous posters have shared some useful material in this thread if you intend to file by yourself. You may however need to dig into the historical chats.

Good luck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by nddifre: 11:13am On Jul 05, 2023
RandD:
Hello guys. My EB2-NIW got approved recently within 75 days. My questions are: (1) what is the next step?(though accompany message says I should wait for 30 days for the department to contact NVC) and (2) How long from now (an estimate) can I wait to get the immigrant visa approved?
Note: I'm applying from Nigeria.
Thank you.

Hi RandD, I noticed you applied from Nigeria. Please did you use the services of an immigration agency? Kindly link me or guide me if you applied by yourself. Thank you.
Ndifreke
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by saipn: 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2023
Adidee:

How do I contact you?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Adidee: 10:21am On Jul 12, 2023
saipn:
How do I contact you?

Hello you can send a message
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by mayowa94: 10:33am On Jul 12, 2023
Please how long does it take to get approval from DOL?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
visa bulletin update: slight movement for ROW EB-2 August Visa bulletin (from Feb15 to April 1st).. Please guys share if you are in group that is aware of availability of date Lagos embassy. Thanks!!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 4:41am On Jul 14, 2023
mayowa94:
Please how long does it take to get approval from DOL?
Maybe 6 - 8 months...
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2023
Mandem101:
visa bulletin update: slight movement for ROW EB-2 August Visa bulletin (from Feb15 to April 1st).. Please guys share if you are in group that is aware of availability of date Lagos embassy. Thanks!!

That's good news. Let's see if there'll be movement at the Lagos Embassy. I'm not aware of any group that has details on date availability, and looking for as well.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by pstfrancis(m): 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2023
Gurus in the house, I will appreciate your support in putting in my wife’s application. Pls is there anyone in the house that can be my guide. I will so much appreciate. Thanks to all the gurus. My wife finished her PhD last year, and am thinking we can try this route. Waiting for any response.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by mayowa94: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2023
adedammy009:

Maybe 6 - 8 months...
Already in the 10th month
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 8:45pm On Jul 15, 2023
mayowa94:
Already in the 10th month
Nothing has a certain timeline in the journey. Hang in there, it will come and will not tarry.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 8:46pm On Jul 15, 2023
pstfrancis:
Gurus in the house, I will appreciate your support in putting in my wife’s application. Pls is there anyone in the house that can be my guide. I will so much appreciate. Thanks to all the gurus. My wife finished her PhD last year, and am thinking we can try this route. Waiting for any response.
PM...
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by pstfrancis(m): 2:46am On Jul 16, 2023
adedammy009:

PM...

I sent a mail to you sir , so I can have access to you. Thanks for helping out. Sir, my WhatsApp is 08152362009
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by olig(m): 9:43am On Jul 16, 2023
Good day averyone.

Please, I have submitted my I-140 petition and I have some further questions:

(1) Can I and my spouse be interviewed at different Embassies in different countries?

Myself and my spouse live in two different countries. How do we handle that?

(2) Can I change the Embassy that I chosed in my I-140 petition? If yes, how? I have no approval yet.

I may have to move before the whole process is finalised.

(3) Is the Embassy/Consulate that I chosed to be interviewed in my I-140 petition what I have to stick with? Or there is a way to chose/change at NVC stage?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by saipn: 11:43am On Jul 16, 2023
Adidee:

Hello you can send a message
check your email

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (44) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.