Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG (10268 Views)

All APC Members Are God Fearing And Do Not Carry Weapons-rotimi Ameachi. (video) / IGP Warns Biafra Agitators Not To Carry Weapons / Suspected Boko Haram Member Attacks Civil Defence Corps Officer In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by sonyvaio(f): 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2011
Knight1:

they should give them serious mental evaluation before handing over the guns to them
and they should be given pistols ONLY.
don't understand why police 'll be carrying weapons made primarily for the war front

Why don't they (Nigerian policeman) carry pistols neatly tucked in holsters?
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2011
sonyvaio:

Why don't they (Nigerian policeman) carry pistols neatly tucked in holsters?
Carry pistols to confront a well-armed gang of Nigerian robbers ? shocked shocked nigerian robbers now rob with grenades to show their level of seriousness in the profession.
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2011
we always here that Nigeria Police no get enough arms, how Civil Defence go get their own?
Police own na old AK 47 civil defence go start with Dane Gun and Catapault
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by seunlayi(m): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;dgood development
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Carry pistols to confront a well-armed gang of Nigerian robbers ? shocked shocked nigerian robbers now rob with grenades to show their level of seriousness in the profession.

an outcome of police carrying ak47s in the first place
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by Afam4eva(m): 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2011
Those trigger policemen should be given catapults instead of guns.
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by playmode(m): 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2011
Beaf:

With Presidential priviledge, the policeman born of woman that will oppress the civil defence corps has not yet been born.
My prayer is that these guys form the nucleus of a brand new police force, we are sick and tired of "roger" mentality.

Beaf ,how does one apply for the contract to supply the members of the civil defense force with weapons.I have access to brand new and used 9mm.Barettas ,Glocks you name it! I can also organize instructors and psycologists who can train them in marksmanship and assess their level of self control respectively. I am very serious oh.Connect your man oh grin
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by MrQz: 5:33am On Aug 05, 2011
GEJ is clearly doing the NOT RIGHT thing, The Police already have guns and poorly trained staff, with no respect for civilians, Its not a question of Guns, Nigerians no longer respect Policemen, Goodluck needs appoint somebody different that can change and clean up the Police force, with a 911 type numbers that people in distress can call and get immediate response, The IG is not innovative, he doesnt think about ways to improve the disgusting NPF, Pple respect the boyscout than the NPF, Anyone they like oo, Nigerians should be allowed to have more than double barrels and we wont need the police much, Police for Gambia nor dey carry gun and the Civilians respect them and they are effective, Horse whips should be banned.We nor b horses and goats, I hate this country
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by gogodaye(m): 11:38am On Aug 05, 2011
One more armed group outfitted to do the rest of us citizens of the federal republic in at the behest of their masters the citizens of the government of the federal republic of nigeria. when next u atempt to assert your rights ensure the NCDC fellow is not armed, because na him go tell the world wetin u do to merit your summary execution.
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by Danjay69(m): 1:06pm On Aug 05, 2011
I welcome the idea with a lot of misgivings. My suggestion is citizens too should have the right to bear arms so we could protect ourselves from these uniformed guards when they go astray! There are more guns illegally in circulation in this country than the legitimate ones so why not legalise it? yes we will kill ourselves but we will leran retraints with time and the law enforcers will learn new techniques called forensics! wink
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by Meristem: 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2011
Hmm, God save Hinerians from "accidental discharges", extortion and intimidation in the hands of these half-baked paramilitaryparapolice folks
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by lastpage: 12:14am On Aug 06, 2011
This country is really going crazier by the day!

Am l hearing right? CIVIL DEFENSE to carry weapons!

Seems the meaning of "CIVIL" is lost on our clueless leaders!
Now, is it the amount of "Parallel Agencies" carrying WEAPONS that matter or proper training, proper organization and intelligence?

At this rate, l predict that "Boys Scout" and their female "Brownie" are the next to carry weapons! angry
(Am actually going to dust my Scout Uniform, "On my honor, l promise to do my duty" bla-bla-bla)

Really, the government must have a very low opinion of Nigerians, to think that what they need is "more armed oppressors", rather than more "civility" in the atmosphere!

And who are the members of the Civil Defense?
Who recruits them? Who trains them? (One of my aged Uncle is one sha since it was a voluntary organisation)

God help us o, when a voluntary organisation begins to carry gun.

Tell me, what would they "add" to security, that a well trained (and retrained) Police force cannot provide?

Time to leave! grin
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by ektbear: 7:23am On Aug 06, 2011
Interesting.
Re: Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG by Skoopy(m): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
When this decision is implimented, we will xperience an unpresidented increase in death as a result of accidental discharge & xtra judicial killings will be on the high.
Naija is okay with police palava, we don't need any-more.:/:/:/

(1) (2) (Reply)

300 Almajiri Children Graduate From AUN's Feed And Read Programme / Breaking: Mysterious Fish Swallows N52m In Abia State / Osuntokun, LP Presidential Campaign DG, Listed As Ekiti ZLP Senatorial Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.