Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss (34175 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by galantjoe(m): 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2022
Promising5555:
Female staff are the worst staffs ever, hates correction, put beauty and body in the front line, reckless and lack respect or manner, even by the way you type the words self, you have anger spirit.
Infact, I think their is more to dis than what is told.

My thoughts though. Tongue lashing is a corporate way of punishing employees. I don't see tongue lashing as anything. It will make me to be more careful for whatever I do
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by miracle98(f): 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2022
lovemaths:

If you are in Lagos. There is a skill acquisition going on in Lagos, Ibadan and Ghana and tailoring is included. It is free.

Send me a message on Whatsapp so that I can send you the registration link. My number is in my signature below. Hurry up. Deadline is tomorrow.

Skills to be learned
Barbing

Art & Craft: hats, beads, bead work, artist

Hairdressing

Coding ( Website Design)

Make-Up

Events Decoration

Photography

Tailoring

Content creation/written

Music training

Music Production

Social Media Marketing

Graphics Design

Cinematography

Sports

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by sageb: 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2022
Faithntruth:
my quest to learn fashion design drove my thoughts far as to how to raise the needed amount of money to pursue my dream, due to my family background I knew the only way I could achieve it is to look for a small job and save from there. few months ago I was linked by a friend to a man who needed a secretary in his establishment, having attended an interview I was given the job and placed on 20k monthly pay, little did I know that was the beginning of a new chapter of problem. at first I was very comfortable with the environment not knowing the man I work for is a devil.

my boss abuses me at will and does have time correct me when I make mistakes, I tried talking to him that it is my first time of working as a secretary and I am open for corrections.my first month pay was 14k instead of 20k with an excuse that I waste paper and data which of a truth I only use them in line with the job.
he suddenly started being friendly(giving me transport and buying snacks) which was surprising but knowing who I was dealing with I was also cautious until he opened up one day that he likes me and want a secret romance which I turned him down(he is older than my late father) and the real devil came alive. I was sometimes pay 13k monthly and had to endure series of harrasment that I sometimes wakeup to cry at night knowing what I had to go through at work. while my search for another job yielded no result I had to endure the torture. on Friday while I was typing a document he gave me the previous day,he came in and started shouting at me and stretch his hands and touched my breast,I stood up and pushed him to the ground and went straight home and later returned with my resignation letter. Terrible experience I will never forget in my life. THANK GOD

kudos to you for leaving that toxic boss and working environment.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Lovelydaisies: 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2022
I really wish you the best, OP. For one, I'm glad you served him. I've also had a sexually abusive male boss but that's a story for another day and a long time ago. Never give up hope. Never let any superior make you feel inferior and never give up your morals for whatever. God bless you.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by gimakon2(m): 8:52pm On Aug 09, 2022
grin Man just wants to enjoy free Multivitamins.
These days, some men just see women as intimacy gadgets and nothing else. I wonder if they did not have mothers to behave vey callously.

Sorry for the harassment sisto. But hope u have made other plans as regards job, and all?
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Peskid147: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
Faithntruth:
my quest to learn fashion design drove my thoughts far as to how to raise the needed amount of money to pursue my dream, due to my family background I knew the only way I could achieve it is to look for a small job and save from there. few months ago I was linked by a friend to a man who needed a secretary in his establishment, having attended an interview I was given the job and placed on 20k monthly pay, little did I know that was the beginning of a new chapter of problem. at first I was very comfortable with the environment not knowing the man I work for is a devil.

my boss abuses me at will and does have time correct me when I make mistakes, I tried talking to him that it is my first time of working as a secretary and I am open for corrections.my first month pay was 14k instead of 20k with an excuse that I waste paper and data which of a truth I only use them in line with the job.
he suddenly started being friendly(giving me transport and buying snacks) which was surprising but knowing who I was dealing with I was also cautious until he opened up one day that he likes me and want a secret romance which I turned him down(he is older than my late father) and the real devil came alive. I was sometimes pay 13k monthly and had to endure series of harrasment that I sometimes wakeup to cry at night knowing what I had to go through at work. while my search for another job yielded no result I had to endure the torture. on Friday while I was typing a document he gave me the previous day,he came in and started shouting at me and stretch his hands and touched my breast,I stood up and pushed him to the ground and went straight home and later returned with my resignation letter. Terrible experience I will never forget in my life. THANK GOD
Dont worry you will get a better offer before this week runs out just be positive.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Faithntruth: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2022
pweetyphola:

If you are a graduate, below 30 years and you don't mind working in a bank's contact center, You can send me a DM
I've sent you an email
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by HOKIM(m): 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2022
Saintmary:

You have a point, but you will rise up very soon.

Things won't be like this forever.

Yes, I'm sure she will.. I went through hell in Nigeria.... no labor laws, nothing...
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Riscawendy(f): 2:05am On Aug 10, 2022
It is well dear. A lot of shit happens in Nigeria.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by legionISproteus: 3:51am On Aug 10, 2022
lovemaths:
You should even sue him for sexual harassment and incomplete payment of salaries. I wished you kicked him on his balls.
Sue him with which money?
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by lovemaths(f): 7:18am On Aug 10, 2022
legionISproteus:
Sue him with which money?

Your money
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by lovemaths(f): 7:19am On Aug 10, 2022
miracle98:

Hi ma'am. I'm interested in this training. Where's the address in Lagos?

Did you read what I posted?
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by lovemaths(f): 7:20am On Aug 10, 2022
[quote author=Kingkaspev post=115535601][/quote]

Look below or Check my profile
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by lovemaths(f): 7:21am On Aug 10, 2022
Whoknowsme:
Pls I'm interested. How do I attend?

You obviously didn't read what I posted. Read it again, slowly.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by lovemaths(f): 7:22am On Aug 10, 2022
seunak2016:
sue ? you think this is America? you think the poor get justice in this country nigeria? the case go use 100 yrs in court or will be dismissed self

Na you sabi
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by seunak2016: 7:44am On Aug 10, 2022
lovemaths:

Na you sabi
that's the truth, it might be bitter but poor don't get justice unless media influencer put mouth and ready to fight for the poor. the man can even denies he didn't touch her boobs and there is no proof (vedio or pics ) showing him touching the breast . though the girl can make him admit to it through chatting with the oga but last last the case no go reach anywhere
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Candycrushy(f): 8:00am On Aug 10, 2022
My dear learn ur fashion design in peace ooo
Skills n hand work is life
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by upuphim(m): 8:55am On Aug 10, 2022
Congratulations, you can join us for Pwan Group real estate business. It is rewarding. We are in states of the Federation including Abuja. Reach me on comoli2009@gmail.com.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Akano5(m): 11:02am On Aug 10, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

Help with what if I may ask?

I mean, any job you can link me with
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2022
Akano5:

I mean, any job you can link me with

Use LinkedIn sir

Search on Google, jobberman etc

The lady I wanted to help,I have a school mate who is a professional fashion designer (went to technical school to learn) I can enroll her or link her to my friend who happens to be a lady too and if she learn well,I can help her with one sewing machine if my power reach am... na why I ask am to reply my email... no be say I dey give job.. her dream na fashion and I have someone who does that
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Akano5(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

Use LinkedIn sir

Search on Google, jobberman etc

The lady I wanted to help,I have a school mate who is a professional fashion designer (went to technical school to learn) I can enroll her or link her to my friend who happens to be a lady too and if she learn well,I can help her with one sewing machine if my power reach am... na why I ask am to reply my email... no be say I dey give job.. her dream na fashion and I have someone who does that

Okay Sir, thank you
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2022
Akano5:

Okay Sir, thank you

I'm sorry I couldn't help

1 Like

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Faithntruth: 8:21am On Aug 11, 2022
pweetyphola:

If you are a graduate, below 30 years and you don't mind working in a bank's contact center, You can send me a DM
please I've sent you a mail
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Folasadepitan(f): 9:37am On Aug 11, 2022
Faithntruth:

Thank God you are finally free. I had a similar experience too. My boss was a Lebanese.

I just had to leave.

Now I work from home. No stress.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by KristaPretty(f): 7:44pm On Aug 11, 2022
Exactly same experience with my previous employer. When I wasn't giving into his sexual advances, he turned it to verbal and mental abuse.

I can't deal mehn, I left in annoyance and hope that karma would deal with him one day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? / 6 Reasons Why You Will End Up Even Poorer Than Your Parents / How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.