Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently (19884 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Disney Style, Serena Williams Wedding Gown Revealed (Photos) / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by adecz: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
undecided

At 42 years, what has she
been waiting for❓

She's a tennis legend in every
sense of the word & all athletes must
bow out before disgrace sets in
with age.☑️☑️☑️

Kudos mama Serena❗️❗️

2 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by infohenry(m): 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
One of the best to grace the court.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by goslowgoslow(m): 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
Time don reach o.
Make all these “titis” nor dey disgrace her and her age upandan for court. grin

I don taya to cry for her “Argentina”!
STFU ..Just wish her well, that is the greatest tennis player of all time.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by KingRSHD2(m): 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
Am telling u because have knew her.in tennis.now.ehn kai since d days of old grin
TeamLeader:
Legendary female tennis player of all time.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Justinlean02(m): 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
What a career they've had, legends and role models for us all. King Richard explains better
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by jamace(m): 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
Good. Congrats to her.

It is only our own agbado and cassava master who does not know when to leave the stage at the right time. He will be disgraced come 2023.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by MT: 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2022
Misleading headline.

She is not "set" to retire but "hints" at retirement.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by KanwuliaExtra: 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2022
goslowgoslow:

STFU ..Just wish her well, that is the greatest tennis player of all time.

I choose not to react as MILITIA or Almondjoy.

Thank your “god” or “Satan”! kiss

“I have learned to save my energy fighting the battles that are meaningful”. . . . Like Lamido Sanusi, my super role model in life.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by COMPAQ(m): 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2022
I recently read an article about how big breasted ladies can struggle in sport. Yet one of the biggest breasted of them all has won 23 Grand Slams.....go figure!
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by VenumX: 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
She has achieved alot. Happy for her.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by goslowgoslow(m): 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

I choose not to react as MILITIA or Almondjoy.

Thank your “god” or “Satan”! kiss
Satan!
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by goslowgoslow(m): 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2022
COMPAQ:
I recently read an article about how big breasted ladies can struggle in sport. Yet one of the biggest breasted of them all has won 23 Grand Slams.....go figure!
Lol... cheesy grin cheesy grin...you be werey.. grin
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2022
I know she'd be asking herself is that break really helped. She was on fire but then which is the bigger calling, to deliver a baby or shatter the female grand slam records? She's a legend in the game already though and her name will never die.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by frog12: 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
now she can waste all her money to eliminate poverty. hahahahah
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by kenzysmith: 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
After them disgrace am tire

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
She's due wink
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by uptownemmygee(m): 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2022
Only Serena made me love tennis
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by yusluvad(m): 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
A legend will soon be leaving the game of tennis. You've done well Serena!
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by ManirBK: 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2022
KingTom:

You've said it all, a good perfumer knows when to vacate the stage grin
Cristiano Ronaldo unko
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by engrjacuzzi: 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2022
My crush.... When she plays the game, her body movement is to be loved
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by gloryhomemaker(f): 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2022
We will miss her.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Onewazobia(m): 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2022
Kryptomight:
SHE HAS DONE WELL. KUDOS

Drop more details on mechanical
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Discountsempai: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2022
Time's up.

Father time always catches with the best of all of us....

Serena has tried.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Discountsempai: 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2022
ManirBK:
Cristiano Ronaldo unko

CR7 will soon retire. The guy just doesn't know it.

The fact that no top club in Spain, Italy, Germany, even France would sign him, and no top club in England, apart from Man U (who are in trobule anyway) want to sign him is a telling sign.

Yes, he is still good, yes he has it and he is not even up to the age of Giggs, who could have played into his late 40's if he wanted. But he is getting old. He will soon have to go.

Leo Messi is next. Paris is his last big club.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Discountsempai: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2022
Realtalk20:
It's about time ,she has achieved all ther risk to achieve in the sport .

This is the natural order of things, you come in when young you rise and achieve great things and entire. One doesn't need to be an old geriatric screaming émi lo kàn at old age angry

You don't see Serena screaming it's her turn to become World tennis federation president do you? Allow the young take over this is the natural order of things except in Nigeria

America has a 79 year old in power. His main rival is approaching 76.

Also, Serena is retiring because age means her body cannot carry her game anymore. Politics on the other hand is a different kind of game.

The reason why you do not see many young people in power in Nigeria is that people in their thirties and forties are building their familes and their financial futures. And being president of a sporting federation or a nation takes time and money. That they have not.

Take FIFA, Havelange was nearly 60 when he took over in 1974, Blatter was in his late 50's .
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by ATLIEN2027: 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2022
The greatest Female Tennis player of all time.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Cubalabloo(m): 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
Happy retirement my sexy champion!
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by 8stargeneral: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2022
Happy retirement d greatest of all time...u did perfectly well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria / Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) / 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.