Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong (23776 Views)

Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun / Okupe: My DG’s Conviction Cannot Stop My Presidential Ambition ―​​ Peter Obi / Buhari Does Not Oppose My Ambition Of Becoming Senate President – Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by tinsel: 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2022
The Governor of Plateau State, and Director-General of the All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Organisation, Simon Lalong, on Wednesday, said he was yet to receive any directive from Pope Francis to reject his recent appointment to lead the campaign for a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

“As a Catholic, everything we do, we send the advice to the Pope. The Pope has not told me that what I’m doing is bad to accept the Director-General. As a Catholic, we take that direction,” Lalong said.

The Governor who was at the State House to thank the President, Major General Buhari (retd.), for some landmark projects in his state, said the state would return the favour with votes for the APC flagbearer, Bola Tinubu, in the 2023 presidential election.

Lalong disclosed these to State House Correspondents shortly after his audience with Buhari at Aso Rock, Abuja.

The PUNCH reports that no small controversy followed the announcement of former Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, as Tinubu’s running mate in July.

The APC’s appointment of Lalong, a Catholic, to lead the campaign for the Muslim-Muslim ticket has drawn harsh criticisms from various Christian-themed groups nationwide.
But speaking on Wednesday, the Governor argued that as a confirmed Catholic holding the highest papal award, Knight of Saint Gregory the Great, he had not received any directive from the Vatican to reject the appointment.

He noted that the Christian Association of Nigeria, Plateau State Chapter, was in full agreement with the development and welcomed him back to the state.

I came back home and CAN welcomed me at the airport. The next day, I addressed stakeholders of Plateau State. And I told them why I am accepting. And then there was jubilation and all of them accepted.

“So if you see people talking about me rejecting it…I’ve accepted already. It’s not an option. I’m a Christian. I went through missionary schools. I respect my being a Christian. I have been given the highest award by the Pope. The Knight of St. Gregory the Great.
“And as a Catholic, everything we do, we send the advice to the Pope. The Pope has not told me that what I’m doing is bad to accept the Director-General. As a Catholic, we take that direction,” he said.

Describing his role as purely political and not religious, Lalong criticised some Christian leaders asking him to reject the appointment.

When asked about concerns over his campaign duties overshadowing Governance in Plateau, the Chairman, Northern Governors’ Forum, said Plateau State was in “capable hands.”

According to him, “We are using technology now. What is the distance from here (Abuja) to Plateau? It’s 20 minutes if you are going by air. Just as I’m leaving this place, I have a Plateau Executive Council meeting. I have capable hands that are taking care of the state. So, I have no fear. That was why I mentioned it, that I have no fear about my time.

“This is not the first assignment I’m doing. I’ve been handling assignments from the Federal Government, from the party while sitting as governor of Plateau State.”

The Governor noted that he was at the State House to thank Buhari for approving some key infrastructural projects and granting presidential pardon to a former governor of the state, Joshua Dariye and a former Taraba State Governor, Jolly Nyame, who were released on Tuesday, four months after the pardon.

https://punchng.com/tinubu-pope-didnt-oppose-my-dg-appointment-lalong/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1660145438

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by LegendHero(m): 5:09pm On Aug 10, 2022
Shame on those god of men calling themselves CAN to deceive gullible people and sell their political narratives.

But speaking on Wednesday, the Governor argued that as a confirmed Catholic holding the highest papal award, Knight of Saint Gregory the Great, he had not received any directive from the Vatican to reject the appointment.

God bless Plateau state CAN. Shame on national CAN and all their dubious pastors who are pastors by day but politicians at night.

He noted that the Christian Association of Nigeria, Plateau State Chapter, was in full agreement with the development and welcomed him back to the state. I came back home and CAN welcomed me at the airport. The next day, I addressed stakeholders of Plateau State. And I told them why I am accepting. And then there was jubilation and all of them accepted.

258 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by YorubaIsGreat(m): 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
BAT23 is a done deal

246 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by Oilwell(m): 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
The Pope does not even know that He exists.

The Evil and devilish Party APC should be booted out.

Enough of the killings and ailing economy

156 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
Cool.......
Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by LegendHero(m): 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2022
Oilwell:

We are voting candidate not party. Isn't that what you Obituary people have been hammering about?

So if I am voting personality called Tinubu, why should I be bothered about the party he is contesting under?

Your Obituary lord few month ago was in PDP, the party that destroyed Nigeria and squandered everything that made us look up to Buhari who turned out to be another failure.

So if you won't judge Obituary Pandora with the Jonathan government why should you judge Asiwaju with Buhari government?

266 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by Moh247: 5:20pm On Aug 10, 2022
cool

Well 3rd class Philosophy Graduate pyrate cultist ex Governor still dey form born again

Guy man wey sabi lie... Him Tu Lie

226 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by tinsel: 5:21pm On Aug 10, 2022
Oilwell:

He is a papal night. If you are catholic you will not what it is. Only the pope can physically confer this Obi is also a papal night

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by PandoraObi: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2022
igbos haaaaaaaaa

205 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by abobote: 5:25pm On Aug 10, 2022
This governor that is not good enough for vice president is very foolish.
What concerns pope with his APC appointment, does the pope even know or about it

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by abobote: 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2022
tinsel:

He is a papal night. If you are catholic you will not what it is. Only the pope can physically confer this Obi is also a papal night
Liar
Who told you that only pope can confer knight on someone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by tinsel: 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2022
abobote:
What concerns pope with his APC appointment, does the pope even know or about it
We catholic take direction from the pope and not CAN

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by LegendHero(m): 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2022
abobote:

Which political party gave Northern Christian the VP slot? Except maybe I am missing something, Atiku chose a Southern christian while Obituary chose a Northern muslim.

Why did Obituary Pandora not pick a candidate from among the Northern Christian since Obi is the symbol of Christianity?

Northern Christian are being played here by some section of CAN who are just using them to sell their political agenda.

223 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by yyba: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2022
CAN is a organization of silly guys claiming religious body. What is the business of CAN in with candidate a political party will choose ?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by tinsel: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2022
abobote:

Liar
Who told you that only pope can confer knight on someone
Papal knight I said. Not knights of saint John or mulumba. Anyway, I dont expect you to know. In Catholics there are papal knights and other knights( saint John and mulumba). Only pope can confer papal knights

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by Jesusloveyou: 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2022
idiotic pigs of biafra terrorist are great liars, they lie more than the devil their obituary

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by DeleTaller: 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2022
Oilwell:

Learn to read.. Someone who said he is holding the highest papal award in Catholic. You think Pope would not know him? After he has told you he is yet to get a don't do it from Pope?

The point i pick here is that not all Churches and Christians will go against Tinubu.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by NothingDoMe: 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2022
DeleTaller:

Learn to read.. Someone who said he is holding the highest papal award in Catholic. You think Pope would not know him? After he has told you he is yet to get a don't do it from Pope?

The point i pick here is that not all Churches and Christians will go against Tinubu.
Majority is the word. MAJORITY will not vote for him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by DeleTaller: 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2022
NothingDoMe:

This does not in other way means all churches or Christians will vote other candidates.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by tinsel: 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2022
NothingDoMe:
You have decided on the majority from your house?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by BeardedMeat(m): 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2022
They are still fretting over their Ill advised terror terror ticket. Now he wants to drag Pope into it.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by Britishpea: 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2022
Muslim-Muslim ticket noise is already fading away.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by Oilwell(m): 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
DeleTaller:

Its obvious you are not a Catholic

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by Realtalk20: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
LegendHero:

Which political party gave Northern Christian the VP slot? Except maybe I am missing something, Atiku chose a Southern christian while Obituary chose a Northern muslim.

Why did Obituary Pandora not pick a candidate from among the Northern Christian since Obi is the symbol of Christianity?

Northern Christian are being played here by some section of CAN who are just using them to sell their political agenda.

Good evening,

Do you read whatever you type before posting it? Do you ask yourself if it makes any sense or you just want to have said something?

I am in shock as the nonsense you usually post here on this forum most times.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by Oilwell(m): 6:15pm On Aug 10, 2022
LegendHero:

We are voting candidate not party. Isn't that what you Obituary people have been hammering about?

So if I am voting personality called Tinubu, why should I be bothered about the party he is contesting under?

Your Obituary lord few month ago was in PDP, the party that destroyed Nigeria and squandered everything that made us look up to Buhari who turned out to be another failure.

So if you won't judge Obituary Pandora with the Jonathan government why should you judge Asiwaju with Buhari government?

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by Mrkindness: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2022
They will use some greedy people to cause problem among believers just to promote their evil Islamic agenda

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by DadaHammed: 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2022
LOL..this man is deceiving himself.

Was it the pope that told him to contest for Governorship?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by foolotu: 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
Catholic DG no go safe una

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
Again,
Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

DevilSignature:
Who cares
Dettol cares...... wink

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Pope Didn’t Oppose My DG Appointment – Lalong by DevilSignature: 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2022
cheesy

Who cares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun Tribunal Decision ‘black Market’ Judgment – CUPP / Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election / How To Check If You Are A Registered Voter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.