Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,187 members, 7,849,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:05 AM

Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly (18799 Views)

Tinubu Admitted To Me He Had No Blueprints On How To Govern Nigeria — Naja'atu / Opposition Parties Claim Majority In House Of Representatives, First Time Ever / Dayo Isreal: Tinubu Doesn't Sleep Until 4am, He Is Fit To Govern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Intrepid01(m): 7:43am On Aug 13, 2022
MedicH:

Good question. The thing about integrity is not far fetched. Simple interviews, track records, systems where somebody has been exposed to and stuffs all paint the integrity picture of a man.

Peter has never appointed a thief in governance. He does not reward his friends with appointments because that's where problem start. When a leader say this man gave me 10 bn for election, therefore come and be so so and so for ur compensation, it opens room for such misappropriation.

But when you appoint strictly on merit and having passed the integrity test, it is infallible. Obi has astute personalities that were his class mates in Kent's University London who hold various position oversea that can man critical offices in Nigeria to move this place forward.

However problem is majority of Nigerians just like you are idiots and idiots don't think. They have eyes but do not see, brains but do not think and ears but do not hear. This is why it will be easier for atiku or tinubu to win and finally destroy this place.

Thank you..

People like you are the problem with Nigeria. You will say anything to back your candidate, someone who is a typical politician, crop of people that have been inflicting pain in Nigeria.

Are you ready to go to jail omo his behalf if he fails? My point is calm down and stop supporting anyone blindly. I am voting for Peter Obi because he is a lesser evil amongst the three major candidates but I won’t stake my money on a Nigerian politician.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 13, 2022
ribbit:
selective amnesia kill you there.

Nigeria stoof behind buhari in 2015.. that's why he was able defeat a sitting president. Something that rarely ever happen in African continent.
Yet senate still treated buhari's Bleep up despite having majority of his party members in the Senate.

What is obi gonna do differently with Senate majority or minority?

Bribe everyone Senate to pass a simple law or budget or turn to a tyrant?

Buhari misused his popularity... the people were ready to go 100% for him.. but what do you make of a 5% speech from a president with nepotic tendencies, he ruined his moment.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Michelle70(m): 7:43am On Aug 13, 2022
MedicH:

Good question. The thing about integrity is not far fetched. Simple interviews, track records, systems where somebody has been exposed to and stuffs all paint the integrity picture of a man.

Peter has never appointed a thief in governance. He does not reward his friends with appointments because that's where problem start. When a leader say this man gave me 10 bn for election, therefore come and be so so and so for ur compensation, it opens room for such misappropriation.

But when you appoint strictly on merit and having passed the integrity test, it is infallible. Obi has astute personalities that were his class mates in Kent's University London who hold various position oversea that can man critical offices in Nigeria to move this place forward.

However problem is majority of Nigerians just like you are idiots and idiots don't think. They have eyes but do not see, brains but do not think and ears but do not hear. This is why it will be easier for atiku or tinubu to win and finally destroy this place.

Thank you..
so how was he who employed angels to govern Anambra with him couldnt match the records of his predecessors that were thieves?

Oga, when u ppl defend these crooks, i begin to wonder how foolish ya'll could be.

Is there any politician u were sure isnt a thief?
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Michelle70(m): 7:45am On Aug 13, 2022
Intrepid01:

People like you are the problem with Nigeria. You will say anything to back your candidate, someone who is a typical politician, crop of people that have been inflicting pain in Nigeria.

Are you ready to go to jail omo his behalf if he fails? My point is calm down and stop supporting anyone blindly. I am voting for Peter Obi because he is a lesser evil amongst the three major candidates but I won’t stake my money on a Nigerian politician.
u are among the few infinitesimal people with sense on NL.

others just defend blindly and spit out inconsequential drivels
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by MedicH: 7:47am On Aug 13, 2022
Intrepid01:

I don't care who you're voting, it is not my business. I am voting Peter obi because he will ur down on corruption using the perspective I stated above. I lived in anambra state throughout his regime and I know him more than u do.

What is the nonsense u wrote about me being the problem of nogeria and in what way have Peter obi inflicted pain on you as an individual?

In ur own best interest, stop talking nonsense.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Osezzua(m): 7:47am On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Ibo love noise.

They do so tey even plane sef gets loud. Everybody in the world buy plane and keep it discreet. You see plane you dont even know who owns it. It is ibo turn to buy private plane. They write the name, write ancestor name join. grin

I love ibo people. Umunna.

This clearly shows you probably haven't boarded an aeroplane in recent time in Nigeria. That's an air peace commercial plane. Almost All airpeace planes are named after the CEO relatives. Arik did that too, just that they chose to name theirs after major monarchies and Nigerian cities. Stop radiating ignorance here on nairaland.com.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

This goes to show Obi is not politically astute and a misfit to head a politically complex Nigeria. Let's put things in perspective.

Buhari could not get much done in first term even with APC majority in NASS. Why? Because the leadership of NASS were not on his side.

What makes Obi think a president can work with success in Nigeria when the legislative is opposed to him? Obi thinks of politics at the understanding level of a juvenile.

Obi was impeached in Anambra because his legislature opposed him.

If he wins he wants to preside in the midst pf opposition legislature. Has he lost his mind? grin

Peter Obi is a joker
So you believe this stupid lie.
Ok can you tell us what he has done better in his second term?
If anything his second term is worse than the first!
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Michelle70(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2022
Web2020:
Calling Obi, IPOB will not stop Nigerians from loving him. He had earlier told you that Nigerians know the truth. These are now old methods.
calm down, it was auto-correct that changed his name since i do type ipob a lotta times
i have xhanged it to Obi, no come masturbate on a little mistake like this
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Miles300: 7:50am On Aug 13, 2022
Fighting corruption is easy. If you the principal person is not stealing, your wife and children are not stealing, those around you are not stealing, then you have reduced corruption by 70 per cent

The first step in battling corruption is by strengthing institutions, make them functional and independent.... The Nigeria police institution and Judiciary need to be overhualed first before any significant change can come
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by MedicH: 7:50am On Aug 13, 2022
Michelle70:
so how was he who employed angels to govern Anambra with him couldnt match the records of his predecessors that were thieves?

Oga, when u ppl defend these crooks, i begin to wonder how foolish ya'll could be.

Is there any politician u were sure isnt a thief?

Obi remains the best governor of anamra state till date. Whoever that have lived in the state from state creation till now can attest to it.

In ur own interest, stop talking nonsense and start using your head.

I don't see u being able to pass visa interview for any country except maybe Libya because ur brains don't work. In ur own best interest again, do not go to Libya stay in Nigeria where ur likes belong.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Web2020: 7:52am On Aug 13, 2022
asanausana91:
This man is just deceiving himself, Anambra is not Nigeria.
They ask him how he will fight corruption, he begin to say rubbish as usual. Is there any Nigerian politician who is not a thief?
Nigeria is just a bigger picture of a State. But he is telling you that he has the strategy. That he has done it before, and I could do it again. This is what the employer will refer to as a working experience in your CV. I doubt whether you have worked in a corporate environment before. The challenge with a faceless forum is that you will engage in an argument with an illiterate without you knowing
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Michelle70(m): 7:54am On Aug 13, 2022
MedicH:

Obi remains the best governor of anamra state till date. Whoever that have lived in the state from state creation till now can attest to it.

In ur own interest, stop talking nonsense and start using your head.

I don't see u being able to pass visa interview for any country except maybe Libya because ur brains don't work. In ur own best interest again, do not go to Libya stay in Nigeria where ur likes belong.
this level of stupidity is astonishing.
tell us the records of Obi in Anambra and compare it to his predecessor.

All crooked politicians and thier supporters will never know peace.

if u show this to ur father, i am sure he will tear of his name from ur birth cert
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by anytexy: 7:55am On Aug 13, 2022
loosecanon50:
I can see people saying "this man doesn't understand governance". The typical Nigerian is used to bad governance and suffering, they see it as a norm. That's why whenever they see attempt at good governance, they deem it impossible and unrealistic.
You are blessed. You see us finish. We like suffering and smiling. Hailing our oppressors.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Web2020: 7:55am On Aug 13, 2022
Michelle70:
calm down, it was auto-correct that changed his name since i do type ipob a lotta times
i have xhanged it to Obi, no come masturbate on a little mistake like this
. I thought it was intentional. How could I have known? Be obedience.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by asanausana91: 7:56am On Aug 13, 2022
Web2020:
Which answer are you looking for? Ooh, because he doesn't tell lies like the regular politician.

Let's check out what Obi has said.

1. He governs Anambra without his party having a single member in the house of assembly, and he was not impeached. True or false? How was it possible because he did the right thing

2. He said you can not choose to be fighting corruption when the people around you are heavily corrupt and you are chasing opposition with Efcc. Is that correct or wrong

3. He said he had done it before as governor and could do it again.

So, why do you say he did not answer correctly? I understand your pain though
go and find out what happens between him and his house of assembly members. Also don't forget that obi is a supreme court governor.
1)Anambra state has not up to 30 house of assembly members. Nigeria have almost 500 national assembly members.
2) can you swear to your life that obi and all his cabinet members didn't steal a kobo when he was governor?
3)it sounds stupid when a Nigerian president said non of his appointees will steal.
4) let me remind you that corruption is not about stealing money alone.
5)Nigeria no be Anambra.
6) I remember when obi was asked how he will fight insecurity, he said security is a secret that he doesn't want to expose his method.
Infact, from that time I knew OBI has nothing to offer.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Michelle70(m): 7:57am On Aug 13, 2022
Web2020:
. I thought it was intentional. How could I have known? Be obedience.
everyone wont be obidient.

The three top contenders are all crook, Peter Obi is a lying, cunny crook and thats why u feel he is better.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Allisgud: 7:58am On Aug 13, 2022
diadem10:
Another noise from the mediocre governor.
even with this one u just heard u still dey yarn opata,I shame for u and behalf of people who gave u likes undecided undecided undecided
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Michelle70(m): 8:00am On Aug 13, 2022
asanausana91:
go and find out what happens between him and his house of assembly members. Also don't forget that obi is a supreme court governor.
1)Anambra state has not up to 30 house of assembly members. Nigeria have almost 500 national assembly members.
2) can you swear to your life that obi and all his cabinet members didn't steal a kobo when he was governor?
3)it sounds stupid when a Nigerian president said non of his appointees will steal.
4) let me remind you that corruption is not about stealing money alone.
5)Nigeria no be Anambra.
6) I remember when obi was asked how he will fight insecurity, he said security is a secret that he doesn't want to expose his method.
Infact, from that time I knew OBI has nothing to offer.

thats why doctors when on strike for months and anambra couldnt raise thier IGR when he was the governor, cos he always have nothing to offer.

Godforsaken politician
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Allisgud: 8:01am On Aug 13, 2022
ParpahSeventy:
This shows he most probably doesn't understand how the supposed system of government Nigeria operates work and he wants to rule.
He must be joking.
so he should be telling u that he will go after corrupt passed govt,this is where wisdom come in,by the time scrap efcc and form new outfit u will know what he wants to do
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Web2020: 8:02am On Aug 13, 2022
Michelle70:
everyone wont be obidient.

The three top contenders are all crook, Peter Obi is a lying, cunny crook and that's why you feel he is better.
What is your evidence that he is lying. That he did not govern Anambra without his party member in the house of Assembly. Could you kindly point out the lie in that interview. I don't like it when people generalise issues.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by MedicH: 8:03am On Aug 13, 2022
Michelle70:
this level of stupidity is astonishing.
tell us the records of Obi in Anambra and compare it to his predecessor.

All crooked politicians and thier supporters will never know peace.

if u show this to ur father, i am sure he will tear of his name from ur birth cert

Before obi came on board, there were industrial actions in all governments sectors and worst with education. Pensions were not paid, salaries not paid, and there were security challenges too. Obi resolved all of these and paid a one time chunk of over 30bn naira in pension backlog, accumulated by governors before him, and he left governance without owing anybody any dime. because of this legacy, anambra is not among the states owing salaries. I can go on and on .

Your father must be in deep regrets now for bringing forth a brainless adult to this world to suffer. You have to start using ur brains to make that man proud if he has not yet died in his regrets.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by henryobinna(m): 8:05am On Aug 13, 2022
Michelle70:
This is how he plans to fight corruption?
Employing the "change begins with me" strategy that couldnt work?
Different parties, same idelogies.

Its obvious Nigeria is heading for an impending doom, irrespective of who wins.
Visa where art thou
It is actually a brilliant way of fighting corruption. How do you fight corruption when you are your allies are thieves? He who must come to equity must come with clean hands.

The reason why others have failed is because a thief cannot fight another thief on issue of stealing..it makes no sense.

Corruption must be fought from top to bottom not what Buhari did by claiming to fight it from bottom to top.

Go through history and even this present administration, those who have been caught or accused are either friends of the president or appointees of the president.

Now tell me, what is wrong with PO's approach since it's obvious it's actually those at the top that do most of the damage?
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by ribbit: 8:08am On Aug 13, 2022
Esseite:

Buhari misused his popularity... the people were ready to go 100% for him.. but what do you make of a 5% speech from a president with nepotic tendencies, he ruined his moment.
how did buhari misuse his popularity in 2016 when everyone was still in europhoria of change?

Was buhari ever popular in the south east to begin with? How did 5% comment change anything?

Again, selective amnesia Kee you .
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Reference(m): 8:08am On Aug 13, 2022
Ha.
It is not a matter of majority, the LP has no representation in the House.

In a working democracy (and the emphasis is WORKING), you will not be able to pass the kind of legislation that will make a difference and drive the kind of reforms I know you desire.

One of three things will have to happen for you to govern 'successfully', none of which are desirable.

You either go over their heads like an autocrat, ruling by executive orders and intimidating the Legislature....

rule by compromise, bribery and other inducements (like in the OBJ era)....

or simply hope that a gale of defection hits the established parties with the consequence of watering down your ideologies and losing control of your party down the line, i.e after a few years we begin to hear the normal, 'there is no difference between the...'

There are no easy answers and it is a classic case of the Devil's Alternative. There is simply no easy way to transform Nigeria without Nigerians ready and able to make the sacrifice ls to.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by henryobinna(m): 8:08am On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

This goes to show Obi is not politically astute and a misfit to head a politically complex Nigeria. Let's put things in perspective.

Buhari could not get much done in first term even with APC majority in NASS. Why? Because the leadership of NASS were not on his side.

What makes Obi think a president can work with success in Nigeria when the legislative is opposed to him? Obi thinks of politics at the understanding level of a juvenile.

If he wins he wants to preside in the midst pf opposition legislature. Has he lost his mind? grin

Peter Obi is a joker
Ok, so you want him to drop out of the contest so your preferred candidate can have it easy and continue to plunder Nigeria further?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Allisgud: 8:09am On Aug 13, 2022
loosecanon50:
I can see people saying "this man doesn't understand governance". The typical Nigerian is used to bad governance and suffering, they see it as a norm. That's why whenever they see attempt at good governance, they deem it impossible and unrealistic.
fact u just stated

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by asanausana91: 8:11am On Aug 13, 2022
Malory:
If Nigerians like let them miss this opportunity of electing Peter Obi. Na we go hear am las las. Obi is already rich.
we should vote someone that think fighting corruption is only when he didn't steal?
Just look at the two simple questions that he was asked, but he failed to answer.
Obi have nothing to offer.
Anytime they ask him a question he will say I have done it in Anambra.
Nigeria no be Anambra!!!
Anambra has less than ten million people while Nigeria is more than 200 million in population.
Anambra has basically one tribe and culture while Nigeria is made up of different tribes and different cultures.
Anambra is almost one religion while Nigeria have many religions
Obi should stop telling us what he did in Anambra, he should tell us what he will do in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Michelle70(m): 8:25am On Aug 13, 2022
MedicH:

Before obi came on board, there were industrial actions in all governments sectors and worst with education. Pensions were not paid, salaries not paid, and there were security challenges too. Obi resolved all of these and paid a one time chunk of over 30bn naira in pension backlog, accumulated by governors before him, and he left governance without owing anybody any dime. because of this legacy, anambra is not among the states owing salaries. I can go on and on .

Your father must be in deep regrets now for bringing forth a brainless adult to this world to suffer. You have to start using ur brains to make that man proud if he has not yet died in his regrets.
so why doctors go strike?
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Funflipper: 8:26am On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Peter Obi is a joker

He is too naive politically. Nigeria will collapse under his watch in six months if he wins.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Perfectbeing(m): 8:26am On Aug 13, 2022
Esseite:

The problem with buhari is, he was tainted as clannish and nepotic, he proved the naysayers right even before he started work.. those whom were supposed to defend his policies became defensive... nepotic square pegs in round holes filled with the presidents inner circle, you don't expect the others not to go full opposition while reading between the lines of his every actions..

Buhari wanted to stop amnesty, but Buhari was proposing to grant amnesty to Bokoharam while the Ogoni cleanup was just a charade.. thats a red flag to anyone... if the clean up was done, while other amenities and infrastructures provided showing good transparency of money channels, the people would fight the militants as their aim is defeated already...
Buhari asking for amnesty for Boko Haram was way after his failed attempt at stopping Niger Delta's. Those boys will never let it end. So how does Peter Obi want to do it?

That's why I'm saying since Buhari couldn't do it, no one will be able to. Peter Obi shouldn't toll that part if not Nigeria will get too hot from him.
The only way to stop them is if your military is enough to protect every inch of the country.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Perfectbeing(m): 8:27am On Aug 13, 2022
desiredhome:

I wonder the magic the PO is going to perform considering the mindset of the Nigerian people........ tribalism is killing our economy.....
The same youths that are shouting/crying now are the same youth these thiefing politicians were using to work against the Buhari government......,
So many gullible Nigerians .....
Peter Obi is and will remain a Twitter President.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Michelle70(m): 8:27am On Aug 13, 2022
Web2020:
What is your evidence that he is lying. That he did not govern Anambra without his party member in the house of Assembly. Could you kindly point out the lie in that interview. I don't like it when people generalise issues.
that wasnt what made me call him crook.

i have no time explaining things as i want to get to office to do some assignments.

I might engage u later in the day if i feel like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Commission Drags IGP, Adamu Mohammed To Court Over Recruitment Of 10,000 / SSS Parades Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers / NSA Uncovers 29 Ghost Workers, N4billion Fraud Within The Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.