Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,094 members, 7,849,417 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:03 PM

Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly (18789 Views)

Tinubu Admitted To Me He Had No Blueprints On How To Govern Nigeria — Naja'atu / Opposition Parties Claim Majority In House Of Representatives, First Time Ever / Dayo Isreal: Tinubu Doesn't Sleep Until 4am, He Is Fit To Govern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Vitally123: 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2022
Sure, as long as they understand and key into your selfless, rescue and recovery mission. It's only a greedy and wicked person will not key into this divine mission. Carry go sir. Enough of the money-sharing in politics at the expense of the masses and glaring under-development. God bless you sir
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by TrueNigerian300: 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2022
Malory:
If Nigerians like let them miss this opportunity of electing Peter Obi. Na we go hear am las las. Obi is already rich.

Atiku and Tinubu are poor?
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by ImperialYoruba: 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Before APC took over power, how many members was it having in d red/green Chambers?
...certainly PDP was leading in everything. But today, d scenario has changed. That's how it works. When power changes hand, it alters everything.

If labour party wins comes 2023, alot of legislature will defect to labour party. Not only that; Politicians contesting under d platform will gather more momentum. And in no time, dey would become majority in d house.

U don't need rocket science to understand this.

Apparently you need one to explain to you how political balance works in Nigeria.

Start with Buhari, an APC president.

When he came in he arrived with victory in Executive and majority in Legislative. Judiciary was PDP-leaning. APC had majority governors. Buhari was able to manage running the executive with super aides like late Alhaji Ahmed Joda and late Alhaji Abba Kyari. For six months he did not have a running cabinet. All his issues with Saraki and Dogara started after ministerial appointments. Gradually he has converted judiciary to APC-leaning.

Advantage - APC majority nationwide.

Let's go to Jonathan.
In his time, executive, legislative and judiciary were PDP. State governors were overwhelmingly PDP. Opposition was led by ACN. Even though he had majority in legislature and judiciary, Jonathan still could not fully execute presidential orders and powers, either because he did not know, or those in his ears had no clue how presidential orders worked. For their inabilities to understand and use presidential power to advantage, ACN, which was SW, and lead opposition govt, successfully exploited power at federal level and under Jonathan nose.

Advantage - PDP majority nationwide.

Now, skip to 2023

Assume Atiku won.
He would need about 80% PDP victory in NASS to deliver his agenda and survive impeachment. He would need to hurriedly convert Judiciary or face losses in court. He will need majority PDP governorship to retain and enjoy incumbency.

Assume Tinubu won.
He has hundreds of super aides in professional, academic and industrial sectors he can lean on to divert policies and run a pseudo- federal administration. For that reason alone, and assuming he activates that political force on the legislature, Tinubu will only need about 25% APC victory in NASS. He will inherit APC leaning judiciary, which is helpful. He does not need majority APC governor.

Assume Obi won.
He will need no less than 75% LP majority in legislature. He will need 75% majority in Judiciary within 6months of taking oath and he will need no less than 75% LP governorship force.

Obi said he can run a executive office with LP in legislative minority. Even those far better than him in politics will never sound so cocky.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by vikiphy89(m): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

You are having this conversation with a personality who has the influence and position to make or mar you. Be careful
Yeye dey smell
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by vikiphy89(m): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2022
iamme1234:

I do not know what this una obi is capable of
Doing
How
Can you vote someone under his watch the state we’re been terrorized and stumbled.
You people said this 2015 when buhari was coming
You said they should vote the lifeless
See what he has turned the country to.
Here
You are saying obi as well
If not for the tribalistic hatred you have gotten.
The only man who is fit In this shoe is tinubu
He has experience
He has govern Lagos state and turned it to new haven
The same state Igbos are dreaming to stay and die in.
Tinubu mandate we stand gidigba.
Quote me and thunder strike u in the afternoon
Can you read the nonsense you typed
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Kay25(m): 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2022
Malory:
If Nigerians like let them miss this opportunity of electing Peter Obi. Na we go hear am las las. Obi is already rich.
What's the Miss in opportunity? see with dis current structure of federalism obi will still not do better except we go for restructuring
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Kay25(m): 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2022
That's babyish u can't compare Anambra a state that has just one tribe so to say to a country that is divided into 3 major ethnic group with different orientation..so u think the northerners won't look for how things will favour Dem by getting u out if u fail to comply with them?nah obi shud think better
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Cutehector(m): 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Your kind of faith is that which can cure impotence. I lovvvvit. grin
cheesy kiss kiss kiss
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by VirileNelly2420: 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Apparently you need one to explain to you how political balance works in Nigeria.

Start with Buhari, an APC president.

When he came in he arrived with victory in Executive and majority in Legislative. Judiciary was PDP-leaning. APC had majority governors. Buhari was able to manage running the executive with super aides like late Alhaji Ahmed Joda and late Alhaji Abba Kyari. For six months he did not have a running cabinet. All his issues with Saraki and Dogara started after ministerial appointments. Gradually he has converted judiciary to APC-leaning.

Advantage - APC majority nationwide.

Let's go to Jonathan.
In his time, executive, legislative and judiciary were PDP. State governors were overwhelmingly PDP. Opposition was led by ACN. Even though he had majority in legislature and judiciary, Jonathan still could not fully execute presidential orders and powers, either because he did not know, or those in his ears had no clue how presidential orders worked. For their inabilities to understand and use presidential power to advantage, ACN, which was SW, and lead opposition govt, successfully exploited power at federal level and under Jonathan nose.

Advantage - PDP majority nationwide.

Now, skip to 2023

Assume Atiku won.
He would need about 80% PDP victory in NASS to deliver his agenda and survive impeachment. He would need to hurriedly convert Judiciary or face losses in court. He will need majority PDP governorship to retain and enjoy incumbency.

Assume Tinubu won.
He has hundreds of super aides in professional, academic and industrial sectors he can lean on to divert policies and run a pseudo- federal administration. For that reason alone, and assuming he activates that political force on the legislature, Tinubu will only need about 25% APC victory in NASS. He will inherit APC leaning judiciary, which is helpful. He does not need majority APC governor.

Assume Obi won.
He will need no less than 75% LP majority in legislature. He will need 75% majority in Judiciary within 6months of taking oath and he will need no less than 75% LP governorship force.

Obi said he can run a executive office with LP in legislative minority. Even those far better than him in politics will never sound so cocky.

Sounded cocky?

Were u expecting him to say he's not ready for d job?

D mandate is wot he needs. D only reason Obi departed PDP gats to do with wot he saw as a foul play in dia primaries. Political Party is just a carrier or a pivot. To me, Obi remains a PDP man.
He can equally get back to PDP after winning under Labour Party. Don't u think so?

Well, he's a very wise man. A business minded economist. He knows how to maneuver his ways. I trust him. He doesn't fumble, both in words and actions. cool
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by beelon1020(m): 3:00am On Aug 14, 2022
LordOfTheGame:

Millions of miles far better than your miserable father if you actually have one.
Your papa na goat!
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by beelon1020(m): 3:03am On Aug 14, 2022
Yorubanza:
you mean your useless and stupid father right?
Yes... his as F.uked as your senseless papa.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by jimmynauty: 3:25am On Aug 14, 2022
donaldking100:

As for me, i can't start answering shameful questions from my kids.
E.g; Daddy why did you vote for a president that can't speak or grant live interviews??
Or daddy why does our president pee on himself??
Daddy is our president older than grandpa??
Daddy is our president sick cause he looks sick??
How many of these questions can i even cover-up without looking stupid.
As a father i'm not ready to begin talk long story o.
We need someone who knows what he's doing and no emilokan.
Nigeria no be turn by turn.
Let's vote for competence.
Let's vote for Peter Obi.

Skit makers please convert this for social media

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by iamme1234(m): 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
vikiphy89:

Can you read the nonsense you typed

Another fool spotted…

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC V Stella Oduah: Justice Ekwo Suspends Trial Over Threat To Life / Nigerian Government Has Paid N325Million To Whistle Blowers - EFCC / Ajimobi Orders Arrest, Prosecution Of Any Herdsmen Found With A Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.