Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,170 members, 7,849,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly (18797 Views)

Tinubu Admitted To Me He Had No Blueprints On How To Govern Nigeria — Naja'atu / Opposition Parties Claim Majority In House Of Representatives, First Time Ever / Dayo Isreal: Tinubu Doesn't Sleep Until 4am, He Is Fit To Govern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Michelle70(m): 8:28am On Aug 13, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Peter Obi is and will remain a Twitter President.
ha!

Commander in chief of all retweets grin
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Reference(m): 8:28am On Aug 13, 2022
henryobinna:
Ok, so you want him to drop out of the contest so your preferred candidate can have it easy and continue to plunder Nigeria further?

I think the solution is for Labour party adherents to equally plan to take seats in the National Assembly with the same vigour as they plan to take the Presidency.

If you have the big bucks to buy an expensive, exotic, high performance Lamborghini or a Super Tucano and hope to ride it successfully in Nigeria you necessarily have to buy a few spare parts to support and ensure it works for a while because you will have no local support.

A President with exotic appeal and superior qualities WILL REQUIRE technical, Legislative support to prevail and last.

Few people realize the kind of battles it will take to turn the ship of state around. It will not be easy. Obi himself said winning the elections is just the beginning and I think Nigerians need to check their expectations with the reality that 'Supermanship' is fantasy.

The reality is away from a personalisation of government and the need to get him spare parts in the form of electing Senators and Reps Members as well.

If you are an ardent supporter your target in 2023 should also be replacing your immediate representatives. And this is what both the leadership and followership of the LP is not addressing yet.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Jagabanofafrica: 8:29am On Aug 13, 2022
You govern on social media, not Nigeria president
We dont want IPOB man as the president.

Tinubu is the man
Yoruba Lokan
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by MedicH: 8:30am On Aug 13, 2022
Michelle70:
so why doctors go strike?

Doctors wanted a 100% salary increase. Something happened in ansmbra state nma chapter and they wrote to the government requesting a 100% pay increase. That is to say times 2 of their salary. Peter paid 60% increase and asked them to wait till another budget to be passed to accommodate the remaining 40%. They went on strike for 11 months till the next budget was passed and they stated working after receiving times 2 of normal salary.

In layman's understanding. Imagine a doctor receiving 100k telling government to pay him 200k. Government said oya take 160, when I pass budget next year I pay u 200k.

Doctor go strike for 11 months.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by garfield1: 8:31am On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Ibo love noise.

They do so tey even plane sef gets loud. Everybody in the world buy plane and keep it discreet. You see plane you dont even know who owns it. It is ibo turn to buy private plane. They write the name, write ancestor name join. grin

I love ibo people. Umunna.

I love that name anene cc fergie001
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Bribri: 8:32am On Aug 13, 2022
It will be a tall order o. The wolves in Nigeria legislative chambers are ruthless with years of experience of wickedness. Mr Peter you better brace yourself for the battle ahead if you win.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 13, 2022
Peter Obi is different. He breaks the trend and brings about a new paradigm.

He is the first person in Nigeria since 1999 to win an election without being in a major party. First in history to win back his mandate in court.

He will be the first president from a non corrupt party.

Peter Obi will make Nigeria great again

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Godswilleee(m): 8:34am On Aug 13, 2022
Democracy is a govertment for the people by the people. If nigeria is really a democratic country. Then i see nothing stopping peter obi if he got d higher vote
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by bitbillionaire: 8:37am On Aug 13, 2022
MedicH:

Good question. The thing about integrity is not far fetched. Simple interviews, track records, systems where somebody has been exposed to and stuffs all paint the integrity picture of a man.

Peter has never appointed a thief in governance. He does not reward his friends with appointments because that's where problem start. When a leader say this man gave me 10 bn for election, therefore come and be so so and so for ur compensation, it opens room for such misappropriation.

But when you appoint strictly on merit and having passed the integrity test, it is infallible. Obi has astute personalities that were his class mates in Kent's University London who hold various position oversea that can man critical offices in Nigeria to move this place forward.

However problem is majority of Nigerians just like you are idiots and idiots don't think. They have eyes but do not see, brains but do not think and ears but do not hear. This is why it will be easier for atiku or tinubu to win and finally destroy this place.

Thank you..
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by franudi: 8:39am On Aug 13, 2022
Mr. Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by JealousCobra(m): 8:41am On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Who owns AirPeace, no be Iboman?
No be Iboname is printed inscribed on that plane?

How many plane do you see with personal name painted on it?

No be loudness be dat?
No be ibo like noise? cheesy cheesy

What's your points precisely?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Yorubanza: 8:42am On Aug 13, 2022
beelon1020:
Careless... selfish... and very idiotic person....
you mean your useless and stupid father right?
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Krismas(m): 8:43am On Aug 13, 2022
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

https://independent.ng/i-can-govern-nigeria-without-labour-party-having-majority-in-national-assembly-obi/
grin grin This OBIdient thinks presiding over Nigeria is similar to governoring Anambra state! He is ONE-CHANCE.
I wish people will shun sentiments and see truly that all the major three, especially OBIdient will end in premium tears at the end of the day

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by modsfucker: 8:45am On Aug 13, 2022
loosecanon50:
I can see people saying "this man doesn't understand governance". The typical Nigerian is used to bad governance and suffering, they see it as a norm. That's why whenever they see attempt at good governance, they deem it impossible and unrealistic.

What saved Trump's ass from impeachment was his party's majority in the Senate, if not he wouldn't have survived that impeachment plot. Democracy is a game of numbers world over.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Yorubanza: 8:46am On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Who owns AirPeace, no be Iboman Igbo man?
No be Iboname is printed on that plane?

How many plane do you see with personal name painted on it?

No be loudness be dat?
No be ibo Igbo man like noise? cheesy cheesy
you are utterly senseless, unbelievably stupid and irredeemably idiotic

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by JealousCobra(m): 8:47am On Aug 13, 2022
Krismas:
grin grin This OBIdient thinks presiding over Nigeria is similar to governoring Anambra state! He is ONE-CHANCE.
I wish people with shun sentiments God's Grace and see truly that all the major three, especially OBIdient will end in premium tears laughter at the end of the day

Fixed, and be careful next time grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Cazzim(m): 8:58am On Aug 13, 2022
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

https://independent.ng/i-can-govern-nigeria-without-labour-party-having-majority-in-national-assembly-obi/

kai,for saying this I don't trust this man again oo grin grin politicians with there lies
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by asanausana91: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2022
Web2020:
Nigeria is just a bigger picture of a State. But he is telling you that he has the strategy. That he has done it before, and I could do it again. This is what the employer will refer to as a working experience in your CV. I doubt whether you have worked in a corporate environment before. The challenge with a faceless forum is that you will engage in an argument with an illiterate without you knowing
the problem with you people is that you cannot argue constructly without insult. Go check the meaning of illiterate you will realize that you perfectly described your father.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by smirn(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2022
Why do you think is an attempt to good governance? This Obi has nothing to offer as president of Nigerian, we are not talking about a minister here. Governing Nigeria takes a lot more than attending all church programs and will never come up clearly when confronted with any country. He may be a successful business man but managing a business is different from managing a nation. There is more to good governance than claiming to know much about economy. He is deceiving gullible Nigerians. He just talk about figures and statistics of different countries without saying anything clear or insightful. Now many people want to use him realize the the Igbo agenda, they want to prove to the major political players who claims that an igbo man can not be president of this country but we Nigerians need more than that.
thor=loosecanon50 post=115647999]I can see people saying "this man doesn't understand governance". The typical Nigerian is used to bad governance and suffering, they see it as a norm. That's why whenever they see attempt at good governance, they deem it impossible and unrealistic. [/quote]
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:02am On Aug 13, 2022
Michelle70:
This is how he plans to fight corruption?
Employing the "change begins with me" strategy that couldnt work?
Different parties, same idelogies.

Its obvious Nigeria is heading for an impending doom, irrespective of who wins.
Visa where art thou

Buhari no use the strategy, apc only mentioned change, but didn’t describe the change.
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Prinzzy5: 9:06am On Aug 13, 2022
Michelle70:
If he was sure they wont steal, make him swear for them and see if thunder no go fire am for first day in office
You are speaking in past tense. I don't understand
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Str8talk21: 9:07am On Aug 13, 2022
conductor60000:
[s]
I hope you know this is a 50-seater economy-class commercial airplane owned by Airpeace (the plane is named after Airpeace owner grandmother)?

You need to go to school. Tribalism and hatred has tied down the life of a young boy like you
Illiteracy has finished your life. Any day you will finally quit hatred and bigotry and chase money to afford a plane ticket, you'd be surprised that almost every commercial plane is named after people and often inscribed on them.

For now keep allowing tribalism to be eating what's left of your empty brain. wink

You literally buried that buffon with a username "ImperialYoruba".
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by godofuck231: 9:15am On Aug 13, 2022
The need of many supercedes the interest of the few, He has already lost .
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Sammyblacky87: 9:39am On Aug 13, 2022
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by iamme1234(m): 9:40am On Aug 13, 2022
Tinyemeka:

What experience then does your candidate now have, since both of them are ex-governors and you say the experience was a clueless one?

PO has been in the business of trade, Executive Management and public service.

Tinubu's business meanwhile has been to set up businesses that generate revenue by taxing governments and the common masses (Alpha Beta Company, LCC, skimming 1.5% off any money that Nigerians pay to the government through TSA/Remita and so many other shenanigans).

He goes into politics for personal enrichment of himself. He started by awarding crazy and unreasonable pension for life to himself after leaving the government house. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough for him, so he went a step further by sucking from the nation's commonwealth by using his political connections to now tax ALL Nigerians through Remita.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely and that is why money in bullion vans no longer appeal to him. He now wants the entire commonwealth of Nigeria in his pocket!

My brother, please be wise nau.

Do you really believe that somebody who is willing to spend trillions just to win the presidency has good intentions for the people by the time he assumes the office? For every Kobo he's spending now, he plans to collect it back from us in many folds.

PO on the other hand has said that our leaders are just borrowing and burning money without any positive impact to show on the people. Now he wants to show leadership by example and turns out country into one of production.

Who now do you think in your heart of hearts should be the better option?

Story
All this no stop him from entering
Even under obituary Anambra is a no go area
Then till now
Brother leave story on tinubu mandate
Gidigba
Peace be unto you

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by sayso: 9:47am On Aug 13, 2022
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Peter, i think these type of statements should not be made by you. Anambr state is an Ibo state, one language,culture,tradition,ideas, etf. Nigeria is a larger entity with diverse ethnicity,tradition and religous ideas and language. Time is dynamic.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by VirileNelly2420: 10:09am On Aug 13, 2022
Michelle70:
This is how he plans to fight corruption?
Employing the "change begins with me" strategy that couldnt work?
Different parties, same idelogies.

Its obvious Nigeria is heading for an impending doom, irrespective of who wins.
Visa where art thou
And wots da prospective plans u have against corruption
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by VirileNelly2420: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

This goes to show Obi is not politically astute and a misfit to head a politically complex Nigeria. Let's put things in perspective.

Buhari could not get much done in first term even with APC majority in NASS. Why? Because the leadership of NASS were not on his side.

What makes Obi think a president can work with success in Nigeria when the legislative is opposed to him? Obi thinks of politics at the understanding level of a juvenile.

Obi was impeached in Anambra because his legislature opposed him.

If he wins he wants to preside in the midst pf opposition legislature. Has he lost his mind? grin

Peter Obi is a joker
Wot exactly are u saying?

The young man said he governed Anambra with no legislature from his party. Is da a lie?
He served 8yrs. Even when his mandate was stolen, he fought back a repossessed his mandate. Is d man not wonderful?

Like he said, wen dey see he's doing well, dey will join him. Dey can aswell join his party @Labour Party.

I think he has a charisma da guards him. He has force/vision in his words/actions.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by VirileNelly2420: 10:27am On Aug 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Ibo love noise.

They do so tey even plane sef gets loud. Everybody in the world buy plane and keep it discreet. You see plane you dont even know who owns it. It is ibo turn to buy private plane. They write the name, write ancestor name join. grin

I love ibo people. Umunna.
Dats Air Peace! Allen Onyema abi wot sef...

Na commercial wing b dat.

And wots wrong writing name on a private jet? Is there a private jet or airplane without a name?
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Carlylepneuma: 10:38am On Aug 13, 2022
Nigger so desperate to rule...
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2022
ribbit:
how did buhari misuse his popularity in 2016 when everyone was still in europhoria of change?

Was buhari ever popular in the south east to begin with? How did 5% comment change anything?

Again, selective amnesia Kee you .

Buhari gave the SE a reason to call for attention while claiming victim, it happened with GEJ on SW aswell, he wanted to counter that with the Speaker HOR, but Tinubu was faster to hold on to that victim chance he had got.... the 5% speech was in 2015, the first set of security appointments were in 2015, which set a sequence of other gaffes until his health challenge set the popularity decline in motion....
Re: Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly by hush15: 10:43am On Aug 13, 2022
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

From most comments on the first page, many believe it's impossible to stop corruption through what obi said but I beg to differ. Do we want to mention the bike incidence if Buhari's son when an entourage sent a nigerian fleet to meet the son on all taxpayers money, do we want to mention the attorney general marrying the presidency daughter. Do we want to mention the immeasurable medical trips or foreign trips, do we want to mention the Dubai stays of the first lady for months, do we want to mention all the jets and planes the mobile for weddings across Nigeria for government leaders whose sons and daughter got married? Remember when one aide of the presidential family was reported to be in a power tussle with one aso official all on money matters or the cousin of the president taking over aso rock or have we forgotten how many times the first lady came out to be crying fowl? Buhari travellling up and down, do you think he doesn't know what he is doing?

Don't get me wrong, we can claim there is nothing wrong with these but it still implies we friends and family are mixed with governance, conflict of interest begins to set in and the cost bearer is tax payers money while open doors to endless corrpt practices that will be trickle down and ripple out to the all government level. That was what happened that made Buhari's body language failed woefully.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UK: Jonathan’s Govt Did Not Reject Help To Rescue Chibok Girls / Laolu Akande Recalls Osinbajo's Helicopter Crash 3 Years After / Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Myopic, Ignorant – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.