Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) (8291 Views)

Breaking!! Another HEFTY FINE For MTN In South Africa!! God Don Catch Dem!!! / The Zoo Called Nigeria (New Animal called Nnamdi Kanu on display in Cage) / Magaji Tinubu/obasanjo Fear Of Deportation From Western Nigeria Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by ranlaen: 10:53am On Aug 06, 2011
if nigerians had any guts OBJ,IBB and loads other would be sitting in same cages.
But we don't.Instead we let EU/US sponsored corrupt government to buy the elections and then send some delegates to declare them free and fair ,so this corrupt hands can keep pumping that oil peacefully for them.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by 1025: 11:59am On Aug 06, 2011
@beaf, i agree wt u. D white never humiliate a 4ma leader in such a barbaric manner. Atleast we re nt sayin he shld nt face justice bt it shld b wt dignity. Puttin mubarak 2 death doesnt end d problem bt rather bring shame 2 d nation's seat of power.

@kaze4blue,
could u pls link me up to one european that can do what mubarak did? tell me what will be wrong to do to gaddafi at the end of the day.
if you rule like an african, u must be treated like an african. u killed people and put them in jails and cages so i don't see anything wrong in paying u back with ur own coin.
obasanjo built a jail during his first time as the president of nigeria and later stayed in the same prison under abacha so what is wrong with that?
are we supposed to take obasanjo to an american prison or that same prison he considered ok for other nigerians.
the coconut will always provide the rope with which ppl carry it.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Princek12(m): 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2011
Make thunder strike OBJ

Make water carry OBJ go

Make ground open swallow OBJ

What is wrong with treating Mubarak like an animal? Mubarak acted like an animal by being a brutal dictator who clinged unto power for so many years and ordered the killings of dissidents. He also embezzled money. Now when the same treatment he dished out was handed out to him, OBJ is now complaining. God punish am.

OBJ can only complain about the status of a former animal and how a former animal should not be put in a cage, but you will not find OBJ complain about how African leaders act like animals and dictators.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by citizenY(m): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2011
I have no problem with that. OBJ is just seeing red!!!!, possibility of what Might? happen to birds of the same feather. Afterall, that cage is more comfortable than the one OBJ and his fellow travellers left us in, and his forebears are in the process of ensuring that we remain there. Make the man shut up. JO
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by citizenY(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2011
PS, Please let forebears read successors, thank you
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by happyday: 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2011
Hi,i think this condition is not really that nice but some might share a diverse thoought with me,considering the attrocities the man has committed.really.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Neddyogu(m): 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2011
Abeg which kain cage dem put oga mubarak? abi na dog cage? fowl cage? pus.sy cage? Rat cage? Bird cage? Canary cage? Gorilla cage or monkey cage. Wallahi But diz egyptians harsh shaaa
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by mathskill: 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2011
Mubarak ruled egypt for about 30 yrs with an iron fist and draconian rules.An emergency rule was placed for as long as before i was born into this world.It meant you had no right or freedom to gather and merry with friends and family to celebrate sallah,christmas,birthday party,wedding celebration etc.Under his rule countless were detained indefinately,tortured and killed.Corruption became the order of the day.The mubarak family is belived to be worth some 70 billion dollars(Newsweek Aug 1 to 8 2011).He wanted to die in power and his son to take over his rule but the people got fed up and booted him out of power putting his dreams up in flames.During protest to end his grip on power scores were massacred on the streets of cairo.Now that the egyptian state has brought him to face justice some people especially OBASANJO dare to question why.The only logical conclusion i can come up is that Obasanjo sees himself in mubaraks shoe,he ruled with impunity,corruption grew with geomatric progression,the army was sent to massacre innocent civilians in odi and elswere.To simply put it, he is afraid.The unpredictibilty by which the egyptian revolution came could,just could happen in Nigeria and Obasanjo knows he has a lot to answer.Hence the outburst.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by honeric01(m): 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2011
If Mubarak is executed, EGYPT won't know peace again for a very long time (Mark these words)

Just like in Libya where we have pro and anti-Gadaffi, same with Egypt, there are pro and anti-Mubarak who are hell bent on killing eachother as long as one of them exist.

Lets wait and see what happens after the kangaroo judgement is passed.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by hbrednic: 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2011
OBJ is right,
to hell with the fu-cking cooked up revolution.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by donfeco1: 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2011
ITS VERY WRONG FOR MUBARACK TO BE PUT IN A CAGE TO COURT, BECAUSE ITS NOT EASY TO BE A LEADER FOR MANY YEARS, EVEN IF HE DID WHAT HAS NOT BEEN DONE BEFORE. ALSO GOD FORGIVES US OUR SINS AND DID NOT PUNISH US, AM NOT SAYING THAT HE SHOULD NOT STAND FOR HIS TRIAL BUT IN A GOOD WAY AND A MORE RESPECTED WAY PLEASE, GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2011
It is the way it's done in Egypt! Is Obasanjo going to tell Egyptians on how to treat their leaders.

Most of you that are saying it is not right don't know anything about Egyptian laws, so stop using you cultural mentality to judge things here like Obasanjo.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by honeric01(m): 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2011
^^^^^

Please show us who this was done to before in Egypt since you said it's the way its done there.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by FKseun(m): 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2011
OBJ is a shameless old man who speaks from both sides of his mouth! We are forgetting that Egypt is just coming out of a revolution! When the French revolution took place and others in Europe, kings & queens were publicly humiliated before they were killed. OBJ should not tell the Egyptians how to treat their tyrant. He should be praying that a revolution never happens in Naija because,
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2011
honeric01:

^^^^^

Please show us who this was done to before in Egypt since you said it's the way its done there.
http://www.ideastream.org/news/npr/138993974 I think that would do!?
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by tony451: 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2011
Wow, just wow. Who in his right thinking mind says the following:

donfeco1:

ITS VERY WRONG FOR MUBARACK TO BE PUT IN A CAGE TO COURT, BECAUSE ITS NOT EASY TO BE A LEADER FOR MANY YEARS, EVEN IF HE DID WHAT HAS NOT BEEN DONE BEFORE. ALSO GOD FORGIVES US OUR SINS AND DID NOT PUNISH US, AM NOT SAYING THAT HE SHOULD NOT STAND FOR HIS TRIAL BUT IN A GOOD WAY AND A MORE RESPECTED WAY PLEASE, GOD BLESS YOU ALL

My mouth has been hanging open reading the unbelievable things on this thread. As in I don't even know where to start with the above statement.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by tony451: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2011
Now i know why Nigeria would always be like this. It is because Nigerians would never hesitate to find excuses for the most ridiculous behaviour by people that are meant to be serving them.

I'm sure if Abacha was still alive today all these people would be saying that its not his fault that he's killing political opponents because its not easy. Unbelievable.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 06, 2011
Africans, especially Nigerians, are an enigma. A man would be burned alive in Nigeria even if he stole N1, yet, tons of folks here are unhappy with the treatment of Mubarak. Do you know that the folks that Mubarak killed and tortured would have been happy to be accorded the same treatment that he is now getting? By treating Mubarak thus, there is no indignity being brought upon the office of the President, but upon the him and the crimes that he committed. It is always funny how Africans are quick to point out that if this had happened in some Western country, the result would have been different. Why, oh why, do we always have to use foreigners as a yardstick to measure our effectiveness? Well, because, deep down, we feel that they are superior to us; hence, we have to look up to them like a child would when he casts a glance at his parent to seek acceptance, when a stranger offers him a gift. What a pity.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by mamagee3(f): 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2011
So Obasanjo has the guts to defend his fellow thief in public?

Instead of planning on getting the best lawyer for his own case of public fund theft, he goes around defending a dictator.

Maybe Nigerians should charge him with embezzlement, thief! angry angry
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by sampeter(m): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2011
Oooookay! I now understand why corruption, impunity and hegemony persist in our society. We have seen d so-called looters, , sorry leaders as being sacrosant. See human beings ooo? When Mubarak was molesting and causing deaths in hundreds u were watching, now when ppl carry mubarack for cage u r crying foul, Msheeeeew! Stupid talk frm Obj and his subscribers, e dey talk because him dey lucky say Nigeria na one kain country, we for don carry him for inside koroba. Msheeeeew!
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by sampeter(m): 9:14pm On Aug 06, 2011
Oooookay! I now understand why corruption, impunity and hegemony persist in our society. We have seen d so-called looters, , sorry leaders as being sacrosant. See human beings ooo? When Mubarak was molesting and causing deaths in hundreds u were watching, now when ppl carry mubarack for cage u r crying foul, Msheeeeew! Stupid talk frm Obj and his subscribers, e dey talk because him dey lucky say Nigeria na one kain country, we for don carry him for inside koroba. Msheeeeew!
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by wassolldas: 9:16pm On Aug 06, 2011
That is the norm in Egypt for criminal trials.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Remii(m): 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2011
Anyway,  to all those in support of the humiliating public show, even a good leader can be treated the same way if the practice is encouraged. Patricia Lumumba was killed and dissolved in acid by US backed Mobutu Seseseko.

I am not in supprot of corruption, but playing to the gallery is not justice. Africa has not respect for human lives, both leaders and followers.

Samuel Doe was mutilated alive by Yommie Johnson, Bokassa fed oppositions to lions, Idi Amin killed opposition including his own wife any how, he called that VIP treatment.

The guy Mubarak, was being put to trial, which means he is still a suspect. What if he is found not guilty as charged, are they going to remove the cage view from peoples' brains. If they already confirmed him guilty, no need to waste peoples time by this charade.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2011
^
Dude, are you seriously comparing all those folks you mentioned to Mubarak? Do you know that the way Mubarak is being treated is standard for even suspected criminals in Egypt, so why should he be treated any differently? Where was the outcry when ordinary folks were being put in cage in Egypt?
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by udezue(m): 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2011
Obasanjo should be in that cage as well. Mchew
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by tpia5: 2:56am On Aug 07, 2011
When the French revolution took place and others in Europe, kings & queens were publicly humiliated before they were killed

were the kings and queens the only people humiliated and killed?
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by http(m): 4:43am On Aug 07, 2011
I guess baba Iyabo is disturbed about the humiliation and how he will ended up just like his friend and ally Mubarak, baba just wait till ur time comes, i know it very soon. ur cage will definitely be smaller compared to that of Mubarak.

This goes to all the rulers who has refuse to develope and continuing to sabotage our progress as people that ur end is near, God's willing, whatever a man sow shall he reap, even if it just a day left for you in this world.

OBJ should leave mubarak alone and started preparing himself for God's wrath cos he and all of those that has put us in this mess will never go unpunish.
bunch of thiefs. anofia grin angry
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 07, 2011
when Tafa balogun was being dragged on the street of lagos, Baba Iyabo did nothing o.
i no no wetin concern am, weda na ur country.

d same way those who died were born, same way he was. we re all equal
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by anataala: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2011
The reasean obasanjo is talking like that is very soon he and our formers leaders will face the same trial like Mubarak and own cage will carry special dogs with them
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by nagoma(m): 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
1.  Mubarak age 82                 OBJ                 age; 78(?)

2. Military                    Military.
3. Both became president when boss assasinated.
4. Tenure extensionwith different success ratings.
5. Mubarak caged. OBJ caged briefly in prison.

Tha solidarity is more than expected.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Beaf: 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2011
Civilised people do their dirty work in the dark. It takes a primitive mind to put another human in a cage, it also takes a primitive mind to absorb the gory spectacle as justice.

By all means, sentence the man to death, even then, the hanging must be done in private.

Caging an ex-leader only disgraces Egypt and belittles the office of the president. Like I said a few pages back, I do not see a bright future for Egypt if this is what is to be expected. The place is going to dissolve into a barbaric cesspit with riots, blood and wars, just like Somalia.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^^^

this from the person who was championing the atrocities of mend as freedom fighting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Acknowledged His Wife Before Osibanjo! / Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 / NASS Cuts Short Break For Reviewed 2020 Appropriation Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.