Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,981 members, 7,821,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

I Messed Up. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Messed Up. (26901 Views)

My Wife Messed Up Again / My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice / Wicked Married Man Messed Up My Life And Refuse To Take Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Messed Up. by Sucre6: 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2022
[quote author=BlackMan6969 post=115822833][/quote]

I have got experience bruv, u don't know me. I handle my sh!t. You cannt predict me, if you think I was gonna zig, that's when I zag. A man who cant handle a relationship will do worst at marriage. How you handle your relationship now determine how your marriage gon be, people don't change especially adults.
Re: I Messed Up. by Oyiboman69: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
Troubledman:
So this night. I did a horrible thing. I stuck my wife thrice on her back. Yes, I know it's horrible and I should be burnt at the stake. And I am truly sorry for it but... There's always s back story.

I went through university without ever getting into a fight. I swore of physical violence since 2005. I havent raised my hands at anyone ever. Not to defend myself. Not to fight. In those years. I don't even let people fight aroujd me. I am known everywhere as the peace keeper. Which is why I feel very horrible about my action tonight.

Since we got married. I have noticed this trait of aggression in the person I married. Always quick to anger and insults everytime. In the last couple of days. We've had course to stay with my mum.

Earlier in the day. We were arguing about something (not so important to be honest) and my mum remarked that we should do better that were a new couple and we shouldn't be arguing like this all the time. She even joked that she was going to buy a cane for both of us.

Barely 2 mins later another discussion came up and this lady started raising her voice again. This time in full view of my mum. I just kept telling her please take it easy, take it easy. I even mentioned to her that this was what mummy was just telling us about. She would not bulge. Eventually my mum chipped in and said to me to keep quiet. So I did. When she finished shouting she stood up and left for the room.

After a while , my mother went into the room to talk to her. Even asked her not to be annoyed. Invited her to eat. She brought the food to me but I was too annoyed to eat. How is my wife shouting at me in front of my mum ? So I walked away, went out for a stroll. When I came back. She was in the room, she I stayed back in the living room. She came to me, started telling me that I should not let her be angry at me, changing the story that I was shouting at her earlier and she didn't say a word, I was livid but this didn't tip me. I just told her off and went back to do my work. She came back again started off another tirade in the middle of the night btw and ended it with saying "your mother is responsible for this"

Now, that's what made me mad. From the start I have warned my family not to interfere in mine. Not my dad or my mum have ever told me or directed me on how to do in my marriage to her. I imagine that because her display was in public today that's why my mum commented. Even on Wednesday she was talking to me harshly in the car and my mum was there and she never talked.

So anyway I stood up from where I was went to meet her and struck her about 3 times in the back warning her never to involve My mother in our talk again.

Then she shouted screaming at 2 am. Cursing me. Mt mum came out to even try to calm her down. She turned to my mum as well. Saying she knows what she'll say. That she supports me etc. Even when the poor woman didnt say anything. She's gone off now. Milking it. Saying I beat her. Should I add that she came back slapped me square on the face, hit my chest. Even dragged my mother to the floor

But everyone is on me. I'm the woman beater. Domestic violence.

Honestly, I'm just tired of this marriage. I married for peace this woman gives me trouble everyday. I chose to stay in the living room for peace tonight. She brought her madness to meet me.

I agree I messed up. I perhaps shouldn't have hit her. I regret it. It's going to go with me. But I was too pushed. She continues to do this knowing I wouldn't talk and st the time I believed that's the only thing she'd respond too. I know this could probably get me a lot of hate but I'm also hoping someone could see reason in what's happening

Im sorry it's so long. I didn't think about it. I just created this account and started writing. Apologies for likely typos too

TroubledMan
stop being a sissy...
Who say you shouldn't treat your wives Bleep up.
Stay there and be demanding for respect when you don't set boundaries.
My advice is you put her in her place by sending her to her parents for the time been....
like you said,none of your family has ever interfered, let no one decides for you until she knows her place in your home.....

1 Like

Re: I Messed Up. by membranus: 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
Sucre6:

The phone pressing is just one way, there are other stuff u can do, why don't u dress up and go for a walk, I personally love driving very late in town at night, it give me peace of mine, might not be going anywhere, just drive around the empty road with a cool breeze pouring on your face and radio stations playing cool jams to go with, I know this because that's what I use to do when my babe would just pick up unnecessary quarrel,

I would just dress up and drive out, even if Nah 2am I don't care, after one hour and I wasn't back she will start calling like 999 times, I won't pick, she will go to WhatsApp to drop long apology voice note begging me to come back and how sorry she is grin

It got to a point, when ever she wants to talk to me about something bordering her, she will use a very cool voice and a puppy eyes make I no just perceive unnecessary anger and aggression from her, I will just wear cloth and off I go. grin

You gotta place her where she belong, she got to acknowledge me and me alone, two majors can't captain a ship, it's either me or me. You gotta make that clear, define issues and create boundaries

All women are not the same. The way your own wife behaves using your anger control strategy does not mean his own wife will react the same way. She might even assume he is going out that often to meet another woman, thereby escalating the disagreement to another level.

Woman needs a firm control right from the beginning of a relationship, let them know you are the man, and won't take any nonsense from them.

Our ancestor Adam was too soft on Eve his wife, and see where it landed the whole human race: majority are going to perdition.
Re: I Messed Up. by TheRealestGuy(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If you were here in the States, your neighbours would probably have called the cops on you, and you would have spent the night in jail. Your story about your wife provoking you would not have mattered because you raised your hand in violence against her, and her retaliation would easily.... The law and society is too lapse as far as violence is concerned in Nigeria. undecided

Anyways, the deed has been done and you both cannot continue as you are. Provided your wife has no intentions of seeing you charged for violating her right as a human being, you both should probably engage a professional marriage counselor asap. Whatever it is that has been eating at you both, you should talk about, and maybe decide from there whether your union is worth keeping or not. undecided

Your mum should also probably leave the environment, so husband and wife can have time alone to marinade on what has finally happened to their marriage as well. undecided

I would also like to add that you can both benefit individually from some mental health counselling if there are anger issues apparent. You make your wife sound like she has anger issues she is dealing with, but since she isn't the one speaking, there isn't a way of really telling. However, for you, don't hesitate to get some anger management counseling for future. undecided

There is something actually called "provocation" in law which can be considered for lesser punishment than if it were "malicous or premeditated"

She has been provoking him deliberately, this is the outcome.

Yes he's guilty of assault, but she can be said to arguably be guilty of provocation.

That being said, for the OP, this to me is a sign that it's not going to work.

Cut your losses early and move on imo.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: I Messed Up. by Exkandayee(m): 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If you were here in the States, your neighbours would probably have called the cops on you, and you would have spent the night in jail. Your story about your wife provoking you would not have mattered because you raised your hand in violence against her, and her retaliation would easily.... The law and society is too lapse as far as violence is concerned in Nigeria. undecided

Anyways, the deed has been done and you both cannot continue as you are. Provided your wife has no intentions of seeing you charged for violating her right as a human being, you both should probably engage a professional marriage counselor asap. Whatever it is that has been eating at you both, you should talk about, and maybe decide from there whether your union is worth keeping or not. undecided

Your mum should also probably leave the environment, so husband and wife can have time alone to marinade on what has finally happened to their marriage as well. undecided

I would also like to add that you can both benefit individually from some mental health counselling if there are anger issues apparent. You make your wife sound like she has anger issues she is dealing with, but since she isn't the one speaking, there isn't a way of really telling. However, for you, don't hesitate to get some anger management counseling for future. undecided
I dey beat my baby mama on a steady here in L.A
Re: I Messed Up. by nooboody: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2022
I have a sister that behaves just like this,i just pity her husband.
Op ,if symptoms persist after 3 days(times More) consult your divorce lawyer .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Messed Up. by Oyiboman69: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Op, don't let anyone make you feel bad about your actions. Some times when human beings behave like animals, there's need to reset their brains back by giving them some form of discipline.

From all you said, it's like your wife is taking your gentility for stupidity hence her incessant tantrums and disrespect to you.

I know her type. Once they see you're not the type that beat women, they'll want to climb your head. So it was necessary you beat some sense into her. I'm also a lady and don't support domestic violence of any kind but your woman overdid it and it was best you called her to order in the language she understands better.

My advice, if she raises her voice at you again over any argument, get a proper cane and flog her on her legs. Since she lacks home training, she'll have to get it all over again. Afterall as children, we were flogged as corrective measures to reset our brains and make us respectful children. So no biggies if you introduce the same measure to tame a rude adult. Flog her on her legs. Nonsense!

I wonder what some married women were doing in their youth and singles days if they didn't learn to be respectful good wifes and virtuous women to their husbands.

It is for this purpose churches organize youth and singles programs and seminars. Some will not attend, some will attend but will only go there to look for a guy or lady to toast, learning nothing at the end of the day and tomorrow they'll be rushing into marriage with empty heads only to start misbehaving.

Please no body should mention me to say trash cos this is how I feel about the whole thing and I've only given my sincere take on the matter. I'm not one to sugarcoat my words to please anybody or gender.
Just say your own and pass.

I'll have sent you 200 naira recharge card for this comment,not that you can't afford it though but I just feel so, I guess posting it publicly is some how. What a great input from an unbias woman....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Messed Up. by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2022
TheRealestGuy:
1. There is something actually called "provocation" in law which can be considered for lesser punishment than if it were "malicous or premeditated" She has been provoking him deliberately, this is the outcome.
2.Yes he's guilty of assault, but she can be said to arguably be guilty of provocation. That being said, for the OP, this to me is a sign that it's not going to work. Cut your losses early and move on imo.
Cheers.
1. Well, one can claim that but that rarely holds in domestic violence cases that I have read of. According to him was ticked off by her statement that his family was responsible. That can't hold as far as a meaningful provocation in any courtroom. For one, she has a right to speak her mind as an individual. He may not agree with what she says but she has that right as a person. undecided

2. I don't tell people whether their relationship will work or not as that all depends on the man and woman to make that decision, but indeed they need to work on their anger issues as individuals, and as a couple, their relationship requires work. undecided
Re: I Messed Up. by Azuby83: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
Brotherly, I understand how you feel cos I have been in your shoe and am in your shoe. She chose to leave and since then, I have got my peace of mind. Just relax brother

1 Like

Re: I Messed Up. by Oyiboman69: 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2022
Troubledman:

Hmmm. I read all the comments. I deserve all the bashing and more. I do not excuse hitting her, I just called her father now to apologize and confess for hitting her but I told the whole story. Everyone is aware of her aggressive nature. Everytjme he talks to her, its always to tell her to take it easy. I'm also vindicated in the fact that I called her close friend about 3 days to report her. I'm not proud of it but this lady makes my life hell.

Ironically. She doesn't have big boobs or breasts. I decided to marry her because I heard her story and like me she'd been through a lot. I thought that would make use both mature, understand how life works and know how to manage situations but that hasn't been the case.

I walked away, I left. I stayed elsewhere. I gave her space. She came to meet me where I was repeatedly. It was the middle of the night. I couldn't leave the house. I gave as much space as I can. She kept pushing. But that's no excuse. I Bleep up I know.

She left rhis morning. Continued insulting us.
stop reporting to her people or yours... do whatever that is in your mind to make your marriage work, in your own terms and condition,whether aggressive or not.
It will draw the attention of both family.
This kind of woman will never see you as her head, divorce her or separate from her if need be.
Re: I Messed Up. by Grandmeister(m): 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2022
Newborn27:

Reading through your post, I can perceive that you're a Yoruba man.

Firstly I'd like to caution you on this which I'm glad your conscience had already dealt with you....no matter how heated up the argument may be or how furious you might seem......DO NOT RAISE YOUR HANDS AGAINST THE WOMAN YOU LOVED......the best thing at that point is to take a deep breath.....and walk away, after some hours.... come back home and talk it out in a calm manner, then apologize where necessary to enable peace in your home.*looto omo ale loma n rinu ti koni bi...paapajulo ti o ba ti je lori oro iya eni....sugbon...ko soun ti suuru kii yanju.

Hint - no matter the amount of love of a woman has for her spouse...once you raise your hand against her....it will depreciate and she'd always reminiscence on that except if you make up with greater affection in future. Furthermore, no matter who's at fault... people will never be on your side once you lay your hands on her...oti jebi

On her part...... she's a new bride....I hope you remembered she hasn't been to a husband's house before and all she had was her biological parents no in-laws.....she might flop sometimes...grow with her in her new lifestyle... correct her in love ...as time goes by...she'd adjust....about her aggressiveness.... kindly accept her for who she is since no human is perfect....you perseverance can change her personality..... it might take time... marriage is not a bed of roses.... you should be there for one another when it's sour and rosy.

Lastly.... before I comment on your post.... I've been having some monickers that would come out to attack you in mind....and they never fail to disappoint....dem don land already...lol
Be ready for their bashing because they have a team and follow one another like ant and sugar....do not take their bashing to heart.... instead...pick few things that can help your home and move on.....one thing I realized about these set of people is that.....some of them never had a home or had been jilted hence they unleashed their frustrations on every erring male.... while little among them are like that due to their exposure living in a saner clime(which I'm envious of) they feel irritated at domestic violence cos they feel its abnormal which I'm in support of.

In conclusion, try to keep your extended family away from your home..... I'm not saying you should neglect them or not visit....but do things moderately....e get why.

Make I stop here.
I agreed to everything you said except one! The part of accepting an aggressive partner. Until she stabs him to death one day and renders the mother one less son to behold abi?

1 Like

Re: I Messed Up. by Lemmyler(m): 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
You made a mistake by hitting your wife. Although I know that it's easy, don't hit a woman no matter the provocation.

Your wife is a toxic woman. I guess you have seen this when you were courting her but you chose to ignore it.

Like you have been doing, silence is good especially when dealing with a nagging wife. However it seems your wife is really taking advantage of that and is becoming more toxic.

Sometimes, nonsense stops nonsense. For her to drag your mother, she deserves a thorough beating. Note: not by you. Your sister can do that but if you don't have a sister, you can hire a trusted female to do the beating. After this, send her to her parents for like a month or two to see whether she is going to learn her lesson.

If she doesn't change after coming back to your house, then I think separation(not divorce) for longer period of time is needed.
Re: I Messed Up. by Oyiboman69: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Troubledman:

I never wanted to involve parents or friends. But she brought them in, in a spate of anger in December last year. When I saw some incriminating things on her phone and left the house. She called all my family, my friends, her family. Reporting me for leaving the house.

When my family tried to get involved then, I told them to stay out of it as it was my family issue. So my own family has never been involved. They're involvement now is because we've been paying a visit here for about a week now and she decided to act up in the presence of my mum.

Other times she waits to get into the room before shouting, but yesterday was really a shock to me. Shouting at me in the presence of my mum.

Ironically, she's going about telling people that I was the one shouting at her, which is a big fat lie, I swear on it. I respect my mother too much to shout in front of her. Heck even in the middle of the night. My mother still told me to apologize to her and I did. She made me apologize thrice.
this is the last time I'll quote you....
Stop trying to be the good guy here. you're in the marriage and you know what you're passing through. BTW, who said the bad guys don't have reason for what they do which others thinks it's wrong in their own view. Do whatever necessary to instill discipline and orderliness in your marriage. Stop employing a foreign tactics in your African home. Some ladies don't deserve that....
Re: I Messed Up. by gadgethead: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
Troubledman:

I never wanted to involve parents or friends. But she brought them in, in a spate of anger in December last year. When I saw some incriminating things on her phone and left the house. She called all my family, my friends, her family. Reporting me for leaving the house.

When my family tried to get involved then, I told them to stay out of it as it was my family issue. So my own family has never been involved. They're involvement now is because we've been paying a visit here for about a week now and she decided to act up in the presence of my mum.

Other times she waits to get into the room before shouting, but yesterday was really a shock to me. Shouting at me in the presence of my mum.

Ironically, she's going about telling people that I was the one shouting at her, which is a big fat lie, I swear on it. I respect my mother too much to shout in front of her. Heck even in the middle of the night. My mother still told me to apologize to her and I did. She made me apologize thrice.

That woman wants to control you. Even after seeing the incriminating things, she still want to be the dominant one in the family, the one wearing the trousers. I am sorry but don't feel bad about snacking her. Thank God we are not in the west where the laws have turned men into weaklings. I hate violence against men let alone a woman. But it is what it is. Start feeling less sorry for yourself and start thinking of plan B, in case she doesn't change.
Re: I Messed Up. by Pipefitter: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
Troubledman:
So this night. I did a horrible thing. I stuck my wife thrice on her back. Yes, I know it's horrible and I should be burnt at the stake. And I am truly sorry for it but... There's always s back story.

I went through university without ever getting into a fight. I swore of physical violence since 2005. I havent raised my hands at anyone ever. Not to defend myself. Not to fight. In those years. I don't even let people fight aroujd me. I am known everywhere as the peace keeper. Which is why I feel very horrible about my action tonight.

Since we got married. I have noticed this trait of aggression in the person I married. Always quick to anger and insults everytime. In the last couple of days. We've had course to stay with my mum.

Earlier in the day. We were arguing about something (not so important to be honest) and my mum remarked that we should do better that were a new couple and we shouldn't be arguing like this all the time. She even joked that she was going to buy a cane for both of us.

Barely 2 mins later another discussion came up and this lady started raising her voice again. This time in full view of my mum. I just kept telling her please take it easy, take it easy. I even mentioned to her that this was what mummy was just telling us about. She would not bulge. Eventually my mum chipped in and said to me to keep quiet. So I did. When she finished shouting she stood up and left for the room.

After a while , my mother went into the room to talk to her. Even asked her not to be annoyed. Invited her to eat. She brought the food to me but I was too annoyed to eat. How is my wife shouting at me in front of my mum ? So I walked away, went out for a stroll. When I came back. She was in the room, she I stayed back in the living room. She came to me, started telling me that I should not let her be angry at me, changing the story that I was shouting at her earlier and she didn't say a word, I was livid but this didn't tip me. I just told her off and went back to do my work. She came back again started off another tirade in the middle of the night btw and ended it with saying "your mother is responsible for this"

Now, that's what made me mad. From the start I have warned my family not to interfere in mine. Not my dad or my mum have ever told me or directed me on how to do in my marriage to her. I imagine that because her display was in public today that's why my mum commented. Even on Wednesday she was talking to me harshly in the car and my mum was there and she never talked.

So anyway I stood up from where I was went to meet her and struck her about 3 times in the back warning her never to involve My mother in our talk again.

Then she shouted screaming at 2 am. Cursing me. Mt mum came out to even try to calm her down. She turned to my mum as well. Saying she knows what she'll say. That she supports me etc. Even when the poor woman didnt say anything. She's gone off now. Milking it. Saying I beat her. Should I add that she came back slapped me square on the face, hit my chest. Even dragged my mother to the floor

Honestly, I'm just tired of this marriage. I married for peace this woman gives me trouble everyday. I chose to stay in the living room for peace tonight. She brought her madness to meet me.

I agree I messed up. I perhaps shouldn't have hit her. I regret it. It's going to go with me. But I was too pushed. She continues to do this knowing I wouldn't talk and st the time I believed that's the only thing she'd respond too. I know this could probably get me a lot of hate but I'm also hoping someone could see reason in what's happening

Im sorry it's so long. I didn't think about it. I just created this account and started writing. Apologies for likely typos too

TroubledMan

Sometimes women are like kids and bible says if you spare the rod, you spoil the child. I hope this makes you feel better...
Re: I Messed Up. by Helpout12345: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
Newborn27:

Reading through your post, I can perceive that you're a Yoruba man.

Firstly I'd like to caution you on this which I'm glad your conscience had already dealt with you....no matter how heated up the argument may be or how furious you might seem......DO NOT RAISE YOUR HANDS AGAINST THE WOMAN YOU LOVED......the best thing at that point is to take a deep breath.....and walk away, after some hours.... come back home and talk it out in a calm manner, then apologize where necessary to enable peace in your home.*looto omo ale loma n rinu ti koni bi...paapajulo ti o ba ti je lori oro iya eni....sugbon...ko soun ti suuru kii yanju.

Hint - no matter the amount of love of a woman has for her spouse...once you raise your hand against her....it will depreciate and she'd always reminiscence on that except if you make up with greater affection in future. Furthermore, no matter who's at fault... people will never be on your side once you lay your hands on her...oti jebi

On her part...... she's a new bride....I hope you remembered she hasn't been to a husband's house before and all she had was her biological parents no in-laws.....she might flop sometimes...grow with her in her new lifestyle... correct her in love ...as time goes by...she'd adjust....about her aggressiveness.... kindly accept her for who she is since no human is perfect....you perseverance can change her personality..... it might take time... marriage is not a bed of roses.... you should be there for one another when it's sour and rosy.

Lastly.... before I comment on your post.... I've been having some monickers that would come out to attack you in mind....and they never fail to disappoint....dem don land already...lol
Be ready for their bashing because they have a team and follow one another like ant and sugar....do not take their bashing to heart.... instead...pick few things that can help your home and move on.....one thing I realized about these set of people is that.....some of them never had a home or had been jilted hence they unleashed their frustrations on every erring male.... while little among them are like that due to their exposure living in a saner clime(which I'm envious of) they feel irritated at domestic violence cos they feel its abnormal which I'm in support of.

In conclusion, try to keep your extended family away from your home..... I'm not saying you should neglect them or not visit....but do things moderately....e get why.

Make I stop here.

Thank you. Well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Messed Up. by MrCuteAndLoaded: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
That's is how to be a man! Who get nonsense wife?? If a woman shouts at me then that's the end period! That shows disrespect and as a man, you need to know that you are still the king in your kingdom. It's so sad how you managed to get to this point before the beating event took place

I have 3 wives and dem no born them well to bicker or utter a word when I'm around! It's all about the standard you set for yourself!

Let them know of who you are from day one and you will live in peace.
Re: I Messed Up. by ZUBY77(m): 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
Troubledman:

TroubledMan

Send that thing packing before she destroys you.
I was married to such lunatic but I chased her with her entire family away from anywhere near me. Be a man, there are thousands of good women out there.

1 Like

Re: I Messed Up. by Helpout12345: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
OP, please pick only matured advise here (as I have seen them already) and ignore men and women haters here. Those haters will only make your problem worse at home.
Re: I Messed Up. by Nyanabo(m): 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
I wont say a thing until I hear your wife's side of the story. and your mom also. Thats what a good judge would do.
Re: I Messed Up. by IamAsiri: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Troubledman:

Your mother must be a very good woman. As for your wife, she will soon get the message. Probably she is the firstborn of her parents and is used to being assertive and shouting her way through issues.
Re: I Messed Up. by Dada4me: 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2022
Troubledman:

TroubledMan

The truth is, your mum caused it, her anger is not due to what happened that night, it's a built-in and bottled up anger that's manifesting.

The fiercest quarrel I have had with my wife was when her mum came visiting but till now, I did not mention it to her.
Re: I Messed Up. by Sucre6: 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
membranus:

All women are not the same. The way your own wife behaves using your anger control strategy does not mean his own wife will react the same way. She might even assume he is going out that often to meet another woman, thereby escalating the disagreement to another level.

Woman needs a firm control right from the beginning of a relationship, let them know you are the man, and won't take any nonsense from them.

Our ancestor Adam was too soft on Eve his wife, and see where it landed the whole human race: majority are going to perdition.

No matter how difficult a woman is, you should be able to handle your sh!t, different techniques to different situation and individual, but in all you do, silence treatment and totally ignoring her plays a major role while she rants, but don't u raise your hands on her, the day you do, marks the anniversary of continues abuse.
Re: I Messed Up. by donbenie(m): 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2022
Dbrawllm0098:
Should I add that she came back slapped me square on the face, hit my chest. Even dragged my mother to the floor

this post is just like plastic surgery...

... FAKE ...

... so much perfection ...

.... Na sleep dey worry you. When you wake read your lies again

Yeah,all you are interested in was that he hit her..
Every other thing is fake..
Probably she is the one with the perfection..
Re: I Messed Up. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Look u beat her and u did the right thing, She deserved that beating, If she involves ur mom in any thing in dat marriage she needs to be dealt with far reaching consequences that she has not seen on planet earth, The respect for ur mom and dad in ur marriage is not negotiable, yes she can go as far as disrespecting u cos that's part of d baggage u choose when u signed to get married but never on any circumstances should ur mom be humiliated In front of u, this ur wife wants to cause enmity btw u and ur immediate family, she wants u and ur parents and siblings to hate each other, women are d same, They hate their mother in laws cos they understand their manipulative behaviours and they hate each other, Dont lose ur family over a stupid woman, Oga time to start browsing about divorce laws and go and start contacting divorce lawyers to know how to go about it, there's no guarantee d next woman won't av the same problem or even worse, but she might be good, that's the risk u should be willing to take

FYI, I completely approve of ur actions and ur assumptions are correct, those that attack people emotionally should be met with equal provocative response
Re: I Messed Up. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
oldienavie:
I am sorry OP for what you are experiencing, I can only pray that God will bring peace to your home.

But how do men marry this kind of women ?
Is it because of big boobs or sex blinding them that you will not know what the person you are marrying is capable of ?

1 year is enough to identify these kind of traits, why do men in Nigeria, where women are so plenty and the odds are in favour of the men, yet men still end up marrying these kind of women ?

What is wrong with you men ?

I know women can pretend, but 1 year of dating is more than enough to know if you are marrying a devil or angel....

When men choose to marry SU sisters, it is because of things like this, no matter how bad a SU sister is, her craze cannot be as bad as these retired oloshos running around, dey full churches like COZA, Winners chapel etc....
Once you enter their trap your life is ruined.

naija Women are capable of hiding their true colors for how long it takes in a poverty country like Nigeria, the long wait is only worthwhile when finally they catch the mumu that would marry them they would go to great lengths to conceal this ugly part of them, both the men and women are like this, but is more on d high side on d women due to the cost of living in Nigeria
Re: I Messed Up. by VirileNelly2420: 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
Troubledman:

TroubledMan
It's usually da way bro. When u're being too lenient and passive, people will always wanna take d advantage. Make u look stupid and weak. I truly understand.

Our principal in secondary school used to tell us dat even goat can bite when pushed to d wall. Atleast u tried d much ur strength could carry u. I blame u not.

I myself is a very peaceful person. Am not married though, but av always told myself wot I want in marriage; Someone da will give me peace. I can't compromise my peace for anything.

Gudluck to u bro...

1 Like

Re: I Messed Up. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Lol.. abeg o. No touch the face o.

Just get a slim pankere for such stubborn women and flog their leg.

Like seriously, when I see how our mothers respected our dads even in a heated argument, it breaks my heart how the women of this generation now treat their husbands.

Those days, even if you want to answer your husband, na from a safe distance and with calculated words you know is not going to send you to your father's house. But these days, you'll see one small thing forming this their mumu woke and be pointing their husbands in the face, talking to him like their houseboy.

I'm not saying men don't provoke women o but as a virtuous woman, I expect you to just break down and cry. The man will even feel it and not do it again but no, they want to talk. Freedom of speech they learnt in the University. Gender equality and all those mumu philosophy of theirs.

Na dem dey kuku hear am.

I expect you to just break down and cry., u re very manipulative being, u re worse
Re: I Messed Up. by AfroKnight: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hello Mr Troubledman,

She dragged your mum to the ground? Please tell me that was figure of speech and she really did not physically drag your mother to the floor.

Omo!

I blame you for putting your mother in this terrible situation where she would be assaulted by the mentally unstable woman you call a wife.

You should observe your wife more. She’s not okay in the head. She’s lucky it’s you she married sha. You go drag my own mama for ground? My own mother! Hmmm!

May the universe not let me see that happen to my mother.

1 Like

Re: I Messed Up. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

That's why whenever u see a woman shedding one crocodile tears about d husband, I will just close my ears with earpiece bcs u will never ever hear d truth from them, always playing d victim card

ask d wicked one @Blessedmercy8
Re: I Messed Up. by HaneefahRN(f): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
Give her a divorce and go your separate ways if you don't see eye to eye all the time especially before poor children come into the equation.
No excuse for violence though but we all know some people men and women alike can be very toxic.

2 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by marcopollo(m): 6:33pm On Aug 18, 2022
When it comes to the point of hitting your wife, just know it's time to call the marriage quits, children or no children. If she wants the custody of the kids and can take care of them, good. I don't mind to contribute to their upkeep. But for me to live under the same roof with a woman who will not respect me, knowing that I don't make trouble myself, it's a no-no for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amazing Instagram Couple Transformation #10YearsChallenge / What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? / Man Pays Tribute To His Late Wife Who Died During Childbirth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.