Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

I Messed Up. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Messed Up. (26836 Views)

My Wife Messed Up Again / My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice / Wicked Married Man Messed Up My Life And Refuse To Take Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Messed Up. by Troubledman: 2:24am On Aug 17, 2022
So this night. I did a horrible thing. I stuck my wife thrice on her back. Yes, I know it's horrible and I should be burnt at the stake. And I am truly sorry for it but... There's always s back story.

I went through university without ever getting into a fight. I swore of physical violence since 2005. I havent raised my hands at anyone ever. Not to defend myself. Not to fight. In those years. I don't even let people fight aroujd me. I am known everywhere as the peace keeper. Which is why I feel very horrible about my action tonight.

Since we got married. I have noticed this trait of aggression in the person I married. Always quick to anger and insults everytime. In the last couple of days. We've had course to stay with my mum.

Earlier in the day. We were arguing about something (not so important to be honest) and my mum remarked that we should do better that were a new couple and we shouldn't be arguing like this all the time. She even joked that she was going to buy a cane for both of us.

Barely 2 mins later another discussion came up and this lady started raising her voice again. This time in full view of my mum. I just kept telling her please take it easy, take it easy. I even mentioned to her that this was what mummy was just telling us about. She would not bulge. Eventually my mum chipped in and said to me to keep quiet. So I did. When she finished shouting she stood up and left for the room.

After a while , my mother went into the room to talk to her. Even asked her not to be annoyed. Invited her to eat. She brought the food to me but I was too annoyed to eat. How is my wife shouting at me in front of my mum ? So I walked away, went out for a stroll. When I came back. She was in the room, she I stayed back in the living room. She came to me, started telling me that I should not let her be angry at me, changing the story that I was shouting at her earlier and she didn't say a word, I was livid but this didn't tip me. I just told her off and went back to do my work. She came back again started off another tirade in the middle of the night btw and ended it with saying "your mother is responsible for this"

Now, that's what made me mad. From the start I have warned my family not to interfere in mine. Not my dad or my mum have ever told me or directed me on how to do in my marriage to her. I imagine that because her display was in public today that's why my mum commented. Even on Wednesday she was talking to me harshly in the car and my mum was there and she never talked.

So anyway I stood up from where I was went to meet her and struck her about 3 times in the back warning her never to involve My mother in our talk again.

Then she shouted screaming at 2 am. Cursing me. Mt mum came out to even try to calm her down. She turned to my mum as well. Saying she knows what she'll say. That she supports me etc. Even when the poor woman didnt say anything. She's gone off now. Milking it. Saying I beat her. Should I add that she came back slapped me square on the face, hit my chest. Even dragged my mother to the floor

But everyone is on me. I'm the woman beater. Domestic violence.

Honestly, I'm just tired of this marriage. I married for peace this woman gives me trouble everyday. I chose to stay in the living room for peace tonight. She brought her madness to meet me.

I agree I messed up. I perhaps shouldn't have hit her. I regret it. It's going to go with me. But I was too pushed. She continues to do this knowing I wouldn't talk and st the time I believed that's the only thing she'd respond too. I know this could probably get me a lot of hate but I'm also hoping someone could see reason in what's happening

Im sorry it's so long. I didn't think about it. I just created this account and started writing. Apologies for likely typos too

TroubledMan

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Messed Up. by Kobojunkie: 2:37am On Aug 17, 2022
Troubledman:

Honestly, I'm just tired of this marriage. I married for peace this woman gives me trouble everyday. I chose to stay in the living room for peace tonight. She brought her madness to meet me.
I agree I messed up. I perhaps shouldn't have hit her. I regret it. It's going to go with me. But I was too pushed. She continues to do this knowing I wouldn't talk and st the time I believed that's the only thing she'd respond too. I know this could probably get me a lot of hate but I'm also hoping someone could see reason in what's happening

Im sorry it's so long. I didn't think about it. I just created this account and started writing. Apologies for likely typos too
If you were here in the States, your neighbours would probably have called the cops on you, and you would have spent the night in jail. Your story about your wife provoking you would not have mattered because you raised your hand in violence against her, and her retaliation would easily.... The law and society is too lapse as far as violence is concerned in Nigeria. undecided

Anyways, the deed has been done and you both cannot continue as you are. Provided your wife has no intentions of seeing you charged for violating her right as a human being, you both should probably engage a professional marriage counselor asap. Whatever it is that has been eating at you both, you should talk about, and maybe decide from there whether your union is worth keeping or not. undecided

Your mum should also probably leave the environment, so husband and wife can have time alone to marinade on what has finally happened to their marriage as well. undecided

I would also like to add that you can both benefit individually from some mental health counselling if there are anger issues apparent. You make your wife sound like she has anger issues she is dealing with, but since she isn't the one speaking, there isn't a way of really telling. However, for you, don't hesitate to get some anger management counseling for future. undecided

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Messed Up. by slimjohn2k5: 2:45am On Aug 17, 2022
Try to avoid argument, agree to hers and do what is on your mind

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Messed Up. by Dbrawllm0098(f): 3:04am On Aug 17, 2022
Should I add that she came back slapped me square on the face, hit my chest. Even dragged my mother to the floor

this post is just like plastic surgery...

... FAKE ...

... so much perfection ...

.... Na sleep dey worry you. When you wake read your lies again

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Messed Up. by oldienavie: 3:12am On Aug 17, 2022
I am sorry OP for what you are experiencing, I can only pray that God will bring peace to your home.

But how do men marry this kind of women ?
Is it because of big boobs or sex blinding them that you will not know what the person you are marrying is capable of ?

1 year is enough to identify these kind of traits, why do men in Nigeria, where women are so plenty and the odds are in favour of the men, yet men still end up marrying these kind of women ?

What is wrong with you men ?

I know women can pretend, but 1 year of dating is more than enough to know if you are marrying a devil or angel....

When men choose to marry SU sisters, it is because of things like this, no matter how bad a SU sister is, her craze cannot be as bad as these retired oloshos running around, dey full churches like COZA, Winners chapel etc....
Once you enter their trap your life is ruined.

140 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Messed Up. by Lexusgs430: 3:50am On Aug 17, 2022
Troubledman:
So this night. I did a horrible thing. I stuck my wife thrice on her back. Yes, I know it's horrible and I should be burnt at the stake. And I am truly sorry for it but... There's always s back story.

I went through university without ever getting into a fight. I swore of physical violence since 2005. I havent raised my hands at anyone ever. Not to defend myself. Not to fight. In those years. I don't even let people fight aroujd me. I am known everywhere as the peace keeper. Which is why I feel very horrible about my action tonight.

Since we got married. I have noticed this trait of aggression in the person I married. Always quick to anger and insults everytime. In the last couple of days. We've had course to stay with my mum.

Earlier in the day. We were arguing about something (not so important to be honest) and my mum remarked that we should do better that were a new couple and we shouldn't be arguing like this all the time. She even joked that she was going to buy a cane for both of us.

Barely 2 mins later another discussion came up and this lady started raising her voice again. This time in full view of my mum. I just kept telling her please take it easy, take it easy. I even mentioned to her that this was what mummy was just telling us about. She would not bulge. Eventually my mum chipped in and said to me to keep quiet. So I did. When she finished shouting she stood up and left for the room.

After a while , my mother went into the room to talk to her. Even asked her not to be annoyed. Invited her to eat. She brought the food to me but I was too annoyed to eat. How is my wife shouting at me in front of my mum ? So I walked away, went out for a stroll. When I came back. She was in the room, she I stayed back in the living room. She came to me, started telling me that I should not let her be angry at me, changing the story that I was shouting at her earlier and she didn't say a word, I was livid but this didn't tip me. I just told her off and went back to do my work. She came back again started off another tirade in the middle of the night btw and ended it with saying "your mother is responsible for this"

Now, that's what made me mad. From the start I have warned my family not to interfere in mine. Not my dad or my mum have ever told me or directed me on how to do in my marriage to her. I imagine that because her display was in public today that's why my mum commented. Even on Wednesday she was talking to me harshly in the car and my mum was there and she never talked.

So anyway I stood up from where I was went to meet her and struck her about 3 times in the back warning her never to involve My mother in our talk again.

Then she shouted screaming at 2 am. Cursing me. Mt mum came out to even try to calm her down. She turned to my mum as well. Saying she knows what she'll say. That she supports me etc. Even when the poor woman didnt say anything. She's gone off now. Milking it. Saying I beat her. Should I add that she came back slapped me square on the face, hit my chest. Even dragged my mother to the floor

TroubledMan

Both of you need professional counselling.........

For hitting your wife, that is a complete NO NO ...... Rather than strike a woman, simply walkaway, count 1-200 and don't say a word ........ Your wife needs to lodge a complaint at the police station .........

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Messed Up. by Dreh007: 3:57am On Aug 17, 2022
I understand this well and I'm going through thesame problem bro .... It's never a good thing to beat a woman but they r devil ... They d do more than damage to a man woman can bring u from up to down .... I feel it's right time to let this woman know men r caring .. men can do anything to survive nd put food on the table but we are not stoopid... But maybe that's how it's meant to be .. afterall it's a fun world ... My conclusion is ... I can't kill myself of put one woman on head ... Once u give them too much attention then they have 60% of ur weaking point

25 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by libertyfather(m): 4:02am On Aug 17, 2022
I read all comment above me, i swear no one understand you better like me, someome hv even said ur lieing maybe you go and sleep and wake up to read what you posted again....anyway I'm here to read comments the one above me Dreh007 is very correct, and above all dont listen to anyone that tell you she will change when this when that...it's a big lie

Stallionhorse:

If nah me she for dey hospital now.. Push my mum to the floor.. Lol.. That's where the marriage ends I'll beat the bride price I paid out of her that night then bundle her injured body to her family house.
Guy no go fit, jst pray for kind of woman u come across, such women wont keep quit thats where u hear the case of man beat wife to comma or man kill his wife.. such will not be our case ooooo

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Messed Up. by Stallionhorse: 4:15am On Aug 17, 2022
Leave the marriage but first get her pregnant so your money nd efforts wouldn't be a waste.. Peace of mind is the best gift in this world and if your wife can't give you that run for your life.
If nah me she for dey hospital now.. Push my mum to the floor.. Lol.. That's where the marriage ends I'll beat the bride price I paid out of her that night then bundle her injured body to her family house.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Messed Up. by Newborn27(f): 4:25am On Aug 17, 2022
Troubledman:
So this night. I did
TroubledMan

Reading through your post, I can perceive that you're a Yoruba man.

Firstly I'd like to caution you on this which I'm glad your conscience had already dealt with you....no matter how heated up the argument may be or how furious you might seem......DO NOT RAISE YOUR HANDS AGAINST THE WOMAN YOU LOVED......the best thing at that point is to take a deep breath.....and walk away, after some hours.... come back home and talk it out in a calm manner, then apologize where necessary to enable peace in your home.*looto omo ale loma n rinu ti koni bi...paapajulo ti o ba ti je lori oro iya eni....sugbon...ko soun ti suuru kii yanju.

Hint - no matter the amount of love of a woman has for her spouse...once you raise your hand against her....it will depreciate and she'd always reminiscence on that except if you make up with greater affection in future. Furthermore, no matter who's at fault... people will never be on your side once you lay your hands on her...oti jebi

On her part...... she's a new bride....I hope you remembered she hasn't been to a husband's house before and all she had was her biological parents no in-laws.....she might flop sometimes...grow with her in her new lifestyle... correct her in love ...as time goes by...she'd adjust....about her aggressiveness.... kindly accept her for who she is since no human is perfect....you perseverance can change her personality..... it might take time... marriage is not a bed of roses.... you should be there for one another when it's sour and rosy.

Lastly.... before I comment on your post.... I've been having some monickers that would come out to attack you in mind....and they never fail to disappoint....dem don land already...lol
Be ready for their bashing because they have a team and follow one another like ant and sugar....do not take their bashing to heart.... instead...pick few things that can help your home and move on.....one thing I realized about these set of people is that.....some of them never had a home or had been jilted hence they unleashed their frustrations on every erring male.... while little among them are like that due to their exposure living in a saner clime(which I'm envious of) they feel irritated at domestic violence cos they feel its abnormal which I'm in support of.

In conclusion, try to keep your extended family away from your home..... I'm not saying you should neglect them or not visit....but do things moderately....e get why.

Make I stop here.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Messed Up. by Nobody: 5:14am On Aug 17, 2022
Op, don't let anyone make you feel bad about your actions. Some times when human beings behave like animals, there's need to reset their brains back by giving them some form of discipline.

From all you said, it's like your wife is taking your gentility for stupidity hence her incessant tantrums and disrespect to you.

I know her type. Once they see you're not the type that beat women, they'll want to climb your head. So it was necessary you beat some sense into her. I'm also a lady and don't support domestic violence of any kind but your woman overdid it and it was best you called her to order in the language she understands better.

My advice, if she raises her voice at you again over any argument, get a proper cane and flog her on her legs. Since she lacks home training, she'll have to get it all over again. Afterall as children, we were flogged as corrective measures to reset our brains and make us respectful children. So no biggies if you introduce the same measure to tame a rude adult. Flog her on her legs. Nonsense!

I wonder what some married women were doing in their youth and singles days if they didn't learn to be respectful good wifes and virtuous women to their husbands.

It is for this purpose churches organize youth and singles programs and seminars. Some will not attend, some will attend but will only go there to look for a guy or lady to toast, learning nothing at the end of the day and tomorrow they'll be rushing into marriage with empty heads only to start misbehaving.

Please no body should mention me to say trash cos this is how I feel about the whole thing and I've only given my sincere take on the matter. I'm not one to sugarcoat my words to please anybody or gender.
Just say your own and pass.

137 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Messed Up. by Chnbanc: 5:19am On Aug 17, 2022
simp

2 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by Neptunium(m): 5:44am On Aug 17, 2022
You noticed her aggressive and insult nature since u got married, or before? Where's the dude who wants to marry a lady cos of her big bum? Y'all will see signs before marriage u go ignore. Na big bum, big boobs u go use choose wife. U no know say personality n character harder to change. Na to come on Nairaland later with stories that touch. She even talk of your mom anyhow. Na you give her audacity o.

6 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by Richy4(m): 6:04am On Aug 17, 2022
A Cantankerous individual is very difficult to deal with..

U said u were newly married.. Didn't you see any of those signs while courting her?.. Or did u go for opposite attraction? (U like peace/she likes Vawulence) perfect match...
Or When she was arguing during courtship, u were finding her so cute and attractive? embarassed

I wish I got an encouraging words for you but I know it will get worse in future... Couples therapy would have been the best solution ie if she will agree to go...

Consider renting a hide out.. anytime the argument starts, and is getting heated, instead of assaulting her which is bad, u go to your rented hide out for peace until all temperament has subsided ( Remember No woman or side- chick is allowed at the hide out.. u have had more than enough ) I feel for u man especially the way u are beating yourself up right now...

10 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by sisisioge: 6:18am On Aug 17, 2022
Hmmmm....it is well. I just dislike wahala with a passion! Such a horrible display from you two in front of your parents. Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by Mindlog: 6:34am On Aug 17, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Leave the marriage but first get her pregnant so your money nd efforts wouldn't be a waste.. Peace of mind is the best gift in this world and if your wife can't give you that run for your life.

Impregnating a woman you no longer want in your life, does that make sense to you? If he fathers their child, he will continue to be liinked to her for life through that child.

If you impregnate a woman, you can't force her to carry it to term ....she has the final decision or will you get the police to arrest her when she says she has had a "miscarriage"?

After thoroughly beating her, you bundle her to her family...see mouth, your type would be looking so sober when paraded by the police wearing only boxers.

35 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by Sucre6: 6:48am On Aug 17, 2022
There is a friction between you both, a negative energy at that, you both may not be compatible after all.

I can really understand the fact that you have endured alot from her, but the best way to tame a woman is,

Whenever she is angry about something and talking, talking, talking, she wants you to talk back, so that she uses your comment as a fuel to engage you in further and unnecessary talks, you will eventually break and make a mistake out of anger and say something u weren't suppose to, then she capitalizes on the mistake and that's more reasons for her to talk some more, that's a circle that never ends ,
The best way to deal with a woman is, whenver she's ranting don't say sh!t, just carry your phone and start pressing it, or start doing stuff but don't u ever respond to her, she will eventually tire her self out and walk away or sleep off grin,

After sometimes, with a smile on your face call her, say this to her, oga food never ready abi we no go chop today?? huge her from the back and never bring up the topic that lead to you both nagging like co wives, do this and be consistent about it, women don't like men that talks as much as u do, you talk too much bro, imagine you nagging and settling issues always between you and two other women, your mum and wife, grow some hairy balls bro cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Messed Up. by Richy4(m): 7:03am On Aug 17, 2022
Sucre6:

The best way to deal with a woman is, whenver she's ranting don't say sh!t, just carry your phone and start pressing it , or start doing stuff but don't u ever respond to her, she will eventually tire her self out and walk away or sleep off grin,

Buddy, I understand you .. just a reminder that this whole thing is not planned or scripted?...U can't tell a possible reaction to an action... what if she snatches the phone and smashed it just to dare you for ignoring her, what will be the solution to that? smiley

23 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by Troubledman: 7:14am On Aug 17, 2022
Sucre6:
There is a friction between you both, a negative energy at that, you both may not be compatible after all.

I can really understand the fact that you have endured alot from her, but the best way to tame a woman is,

Whenever she is angry about something and talking, talking, talking, she wants you to talk back, so that she uses your comment as a fuel to engage you in further and unnecessary talks, you will eventually break and make a mistake out of anger and say something u weren't suppose to, then she capitalizes on the mistake and that's more reasons for her to talk some more, that's a circle that never ends ,
The best way to deal with a woman is, whenver she's ranting don't say sh!t, just carry your phone and start pressing it, or start doing stuff but don't u ever respond to her, she will eventually tire her self out and walk away or sleep off grin,

After sometimes, with a smile on your face call her, say this to her, oga food never ready abi we no go chop today?? huge her from the back and never bring up the topic that lead to you both nagging like co wives, do this and be consistent about it, women don't like men that talks as much as u do, you talk too much bro, imagine you nagging and settling issues always between you and two other women, your mum and wife, grow some hairy balls bro cool

Hmmm. I read all the comments. I deserve all the bashing and more. I do not excuse hitting her, I just called her father now to apologize and confess for hitting her but I told the whole story. Everyone is aware of her aggressive nature. Everytjme he talks to her, its always to tell her to take it easy. I'm also vindicated in the fact that I called her close friend about 3 days to report her. I'm not proud of it but this lady makes my life hell.

Ironically. She doesn't have big boobs or breasts. I decided to marry her because I heard her story and like me she'd been through a lot. I thought that would make use both mature, understand how life works and know how to manage situations but that hasn't been the case.

I walked away, I left. I stayed elsewhere. I gave her space. She came to meet me where I was repeatedly. It was the middle of the night. I couldn't leave the house. I gave as much space as I can. She kept pushing. But that's no excuse. I Bleep up I know.

She left rhis morning. Continued insulting us.

18 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by Sucre6: 7:16am On Aug 17, 2022
Richy4:

This whole thing is not planned or scripted you know?.. what if she snatched the phone and smashes it just to dare you for ignoring her, what will be the solution to that? smiley

The phone pressing is just one way, there are other stuff u can do, why don't u dress up and go for a walk, I personally love driving very late in town at night, it give me peace of mine, might not be going anywhere, just drive around the empty road with a cool breeze pouring on your face and radio stations playing cool jams to go with, I know this because that's what I use to do when my babe would just pick up unnecessary quarrel,

I would just dress up and drive out, even if Nah 2am I don't care, after one hour and I wasn't back she will start calling like 999 times, I won't pick, she will go to WhatsApp to drop long apology voice note begging me to come back and how sorry she is grin

It got to a point, when ever she wants to talk to me about something bordering her, she will use a very cool voice and a puppy eyes make I no just perceive unnecessary anger and aggression from her, I will just wear cloth and off I go. grin

You gotta place her where she belong, she got to acknowledge me and me alone, two majors can't captain a ship, it's either me or me. You gotta make that clear, define issues and create boundaries

16 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by Sucre6: 7:23am On Aug 17, 2022
Troubledman:

Hmmm. I read all the comments. I deserve all the bashing and more. I do not excuse hitting her, I just called her father now to apologize and confess for hitting her but I told the whole story. Everyone is aware of her aggressive nature. Everytjme he talks to her, its always to tell her to take it easy. I'm also vindicated in the fact that I called her close friend about 3 days to report her. I'm not proud of it but this lady makes my life hell.

Ironically. She doesn't have big boobs or breasts. I decided to marry her because I heard her story and like me she'd been through a lot. I thought that would make use both mature, understand how life works and know how to manage situations but that hasn't been the case.

I walked away, I left. I stayed elsewhere. I gave her space. She came to meet me where I was repeatedly. It was the middle of the night. I couldn't leave the house. I gave as much space as I can. She kept pushing. But that's no excuse. I Bleep up I know.

She left rhis morning. Continued insulting us.

Let her be bro, you have already called and apologized to the parents and if that's the place shes going to they will talk sense into her, plus a lady could develop this attitude suddenly if she start to fancy another man or one guy dey one corner dey wash her head with lies, woman are very easy to deceive you know. Plus stop reporting every little issue that comes up in your marriage to people out there, including her friends, it make u look like a simp, a woman will disrespect and dislike u even more when u keep reporting her to her friends

Her friends don't give a fvck about what happens in that marriage, no matter how caring u think they are, especially her unmarried friends.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Messed Up. by Richy4(m): 7:27am On Aug 17, 2022
Sucre6:

The phone pressing is just one way, there are other stuff u can do, why don't u dress up and go for a walk, I personally love driving very late in town at night, it give me peace of mine, might not be going anywhere, just drive around the empty road with a cool breeze pouring on your face and radio stations playing cool jams to go with, I know this because that's what I use to do when my babe would just pick up unnecessary quarrel,

I would just dress up and drive out, even if Nah 2am I don't care, after one hour and I wasn't back she will start calling like 999 times, I won't pick, she will go to WhatsApp to drop long apology voice note begging me to come back and how sorry she is grin

It got to a point, when ever she wants to talk to me about something bordering her, she will use a very cool voice and a puppy eyes make I no just perceive unnecessary anger and aggression from her, I will just wear cloth and off I go. grin

You gotta place here where she belong, she got to acknowledge me and me alone, two majors can't captain a ship, it's either me or me. You gotta make that clear, define issues and create boundaries

OK... Just checking.. if going out in the middle of the night works for you man, that is cool..

There are whole lot of things that can happen to an individual at that hour especially if one is not mobile.... Besides, most hotel or motels might not even agree to open their Gates for fears of the unknown...

It's just a tricky situation for anyone that resides in Nigeria I believe.. I wish I have something more to say to OP.. he will become really skinny in no distant time..

8 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by Justkatty(f): 7:28am On Aug 17, 2022
You both need to visit a counsellor.

Your both parents shouldn't be involved for now,
You just need need a bed time discussion with your spouse when you're back from counseling
Ask for forgiveness and she should also do likewise.
I see this as lack of understanding.
I pray for a peaceful home for you both.
Re: I Messed Up. by Sucre6: 7:31am On Aug 17, 2022
Richy4:

OK... Just checking.. if going out in the middle of the night works for you man, that is cool..

There are whole lot of things that can happen to an individual at that hour especially if one is not mobile.... Besides, most hotel or motels might not even agree to open their Gates for fears of the unknown...

It's just a tricky situation for anyone that resides in Nigeria I believe.. I wish I have something more to say to OP.. he will become really skinny in no distant time..

Yeah I get you, it's really à whole lot, man and woman issue especially husband and wife need alot of critical thinking to handle, it's not for the weak really.

1 Like

Re: I Messed Up. by Richy4(m): 7:34am On Aug 17, 2022
Sucre6:

Yeah I get you, it's really à whole lot, man and woman issue especially husband and wife need alot of critical thinking to handle, it's not for the weak really.
U are correct...
Re: I Messed Up. by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 17, 2022
Sucre6:

See, this advice is good. As in very good but one downside of it is that with such women, this can't work because that is when they'll see you as a weak man and the next thing they'll come hit you first.

Ive witnessed this kind of scenario before that's why I'm sounding this way.

A woman in my former compound, because the man is always avoiding hitting her, she now grew from verbally abusing and insulting the man to hitting him first. Still the man was like, 'I don't want to kill this woman" until people in the compound started insulting this man that you that can't handle your wife want to talk to me. The day this man jack her up by the neck and smashed her against the wall that everybody thought she had crashed, that was the day she started respecting the man; Since after 15yrs of marriage.

Before I left that compound, if the man is talking, she'll just be walking far.

23 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by Troubledman: 7:57am On Aug 17, 2022
Justkatty:
You both need to visit a counsellor.

Your both parents shouldn't be involved for now,
You just need need a bed time discussion with your spouse when you're back from counseling
Ask for forgiveness and she should also do likewise.
I see this as lack of understanding.
I pray for a peaceful home for you both.

I never wanted to involve parents or friends. But she brought them in, in a spate of anger in December last year. When I saw some incriminating things on her phone and left the house. She called all my family, my friends, her family. Reporting me for leaving the house.

When my family tried to get involved then, I told them to stay out of it as it was my family issue. So my own family has never been involved. They're involvement now is because we've been paying a visit here for about a week now and she decided to act up in the presence of my mum.

Other times she waits to get into the room before shouting, but yesterday was really a shock to me. Shouting at me in the presence of my mum.

Ironically, she's going about telling people that I was the one shouting at her, which is a big fat lie, I swear on it. I respect my mother too much to shout in front of her. Heck even in the middle of the night. My mother still told me to apologize to her and I did. She made me apologize thrice.

10 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by Mindlog: 8:18am On Aug 17, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

See, this advice is good. As in very good but one downside of it is that with such women, this can't work because that is when they'll see you as a weak man and the next thing they'll come hit you first.

A woman in my former compound, because the man is always avoiding hitting her, she now grew from verbally abusing and insulting the man to hitting him first. Still the man was like, 'I don't want kill this woman" until people in the compound started insulting this man that you that can't handle your wife want to talk to me. The day this man jack her up by the neck and smashed her against the wall that everybody thought she had crashed, that was the day she started respecting the man; Since after 15yrs of marriage.

If she had died, what would have happened to the man and their children (if any)?

4 Likes

Re: I Messed Up. by jeromestarks: 8:22am On Aug 17, 2022
You didn't mess up. She's a woman.
Re: I Messed Up. by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 17, 2022
Mindlog:

If she had died, what would have happened to the man and their children (if any)?

Eh.. she brought it upon herself now. When a woman will be doing more than herself.

She had once used scissors to stab this man on the chest and the man ran out of the house bleeding because she just newly put to bed and he didn't want to touch her. Still, it continued until the man revenged. That day, no body even tried to separate them except for one guy that just came to the compound newly but when she threw gas cylinder into the air, my guy jakpa. Everybody was just watching them cos her own was too much.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Messed Up. by Mindlog: 8:45am On Aug 17, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Eh.. she brought it upon herself now. When a woman will be doing more than herself.

She had once used scissors to stab this man on the chest and the man ran out of the house bleeding because she just newly put to bed and he didn't want to touch her. Still, it continued until the man revenged. That day, no body even tried to separate them except for one guy that just came to the compound newly but when she threw gas cylinder into the air, my guy jakpa. Everybody was just watching them cos her own was too much.

if the woman had died, I strongly believe the man would dare not say "she brought it upon herself" to the presiding magistrate, you and I know that would increase his years in prison.

Now based on their history as you shared, while working in the prisons, I have severally asked men and women who ended up there for killing their intimate partners most times unintentionally, why they remained in the relationship after their deceased spouse/partner first attempted to kill them.

I ask again, his wife has once stabbed him in the chest with a scissors and they are still living under the same roof? shocked

It seems violence generates orgasmic pleasure in their marriage..........it is just a matter of time as one of them is going to end up being killed by the other, the perpetrator get jailed while their chiildren get shared out.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Messed Up. by emmanuelbrown26: 8:54am On Aug 17, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

A woman in my former compound, because the man is always avoiding hitting her, she now grew from verbally abusing and insulting the man to hitting him first. Still the man was like, 'I don't want kill this woman" until people in the compound started insulting this man that you that can't handle your wife want to talk to me. The day this man jack her up by the neck and smashed her against the wall that everybody thought she had crashed, that was the day she started respecting the man; Since after 15yrs of marriage.

I keep saying it that naija women needs madness to put them where they all belongs to. U need to exhibit atom of madness on them, see what causes all these shit it's bcs of too much gentility, op is too cold with her and that's what gave her d high moral to be talking back at op, even to d extend of dragging op's mother into it.
Well, when men start eating food meant for women that's what u stand to see

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Rents Out Wife’s Room, Relocates Her To The Parlour / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.