Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector (14970 Views)

Atiku Speaks On Election Results / 'I Am Doing Fine' - Atiku Speaks From Dubai, Pictured With Ben Bruce / Atiku Speaks On Decamping From PDP To APGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by ogododo: 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2022
Atiku Abubakar, a presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says his solution to Nigeria’s electricity crisis is most proactive.

In a series of tweets on Thursday, the former vice-president claimed that his policy was aimed at attracting optimal investments in the power sector.

On Wednesday, electricity workers embarked on an industrial action and shut down major power stations.

But power supply was restored after the workers agreed to suspend the strike for two weeks – yielding to the federal government’s pleas.

Reacting to the development, Abubakar said the issue should not have affected all states in the country.

Abubakar added that he would remove electricity from the exclusive list of the federal government to prevent such occurrences. 

The presidential hopeful also noted that he had no interest in any generator company.

“Having keenly observed developments in the power sector within the last 24 hours, I am again convinced that my solution to the electricity crisis, as encapsulated in my policy document, ‘my covenant with Nigerians’, remains the most proactive plan to lead Nigeria out of darkness,” he said.

“In this regard, my approach is to first remove the entire electricity value chain from the exclusive list and give states the power to generate, transmit and distribute electricity for themselves.

“An industrial dispute with the FG in Abuja should not affect an industry in Lagos or a factory in Aba or in Kano or even an average Nigerian who just wants to get home, watch the news and sleep under a ceiling fan.

“Secondly, my policy shall aim at achieving greater coordination of investments in the entire electricity value chain.

“Investments in additional generation capacity are futile without consideration for the complementary transmission and distribution infrastructure to wheel the additional energy

“Any investment in additional generation capacity would be competitively procured considering a viable mix of renewable (hydro, solar, wind and biofuels) and non-renewable (coal, gas) options for energy security.

“Thirdly, ahead of procuring additional generation, both transmission and distribution capacities would be enhanced with government and private sector support for investments.

“In this regard, we shall incentivise private investors to invest in the development of multiple green-field mini-grid transmission systems to be looped into the super-grip in the medium to long term while allowing the FG to focus on policy, regulation, and standardisation

“My aspiration to be president is to protect the interest of the average Nigerian in all circumstances, and on this, I stand to say that I have no interest either directly or indirectly in any generator company, as has been publicly revealed.”

In March, the national assembly had passed a constitutional reform bill to “allow states generate, transmit and distribute electricity in areas covered by the national grid”.
https://www.thecable.ng/ill-lead-nigeria-out-of-darkness-atiku-speaks-on-plans-for-power-sector/amp

7 Likes

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Abdul05: 11:26pm On Aug 18, 2022
Another stupid promise.. grin grin

Coming from Mr imported generator.. grin grin

196 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by StormpyBee: 11:27pm On Aug 18, 2022
No be you put Nigeria for darkness?

You had the chance, but you deliberately refused, and instead colluded with Generator companies to import generators into the country. After which you privatised the distribution companies to your friends so it won't see the light of the day.

Thank you Sir.

My fellow Nigerians,
Kindly vote for ME as I am contesting through
PETER OBI.

VOTE LABOUR PARTY

VOTE PETER OBI

184 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
Your words are not strong enough.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by ogododo: 11:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
Abdul05:
Another promise.. grin grin

Coming from Mr imported generator.. grin grin

Mikano don deny am.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Abdul05: 11:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
ogododo:

Mikano don deny am.
don't mind him joh

30 Likes

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Moh247: 11:36pm On Aug 18, 2022
cool

... Like say selling NEPA off never do you, and monopolizing importation of Heavy duty Generator.. you want to come an finish power supply Kpatakpata

184 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2022
That you sir,we only need peter obi

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by yyba: 12:03am On Aug 19, 2022
The way you and OBASANJO lead nigeria out of darkness with $16 billions abi

33 Likes

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by BurialGround: 12:07am On Aug 19, 2022
yyba:
The way you and OBASANJO lead nigeria out of darkness with $16 billions abi

cheesy

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by AntiBMC(m): 12:09am On Aug 19, 2022
Coming from someone who allegedly imports Mikano generators? Nah....we'll pass

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Throwback: 12:10am On Aug 19, 2022
Ok we have heard you and your PDP plans.

However, only Tinubu has the foresight to anticipate the problems of today, but PDP killed his plans.

Tinubu is our choice.

179 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by ZombieTAMER: 12:10am On Aug 19, 2022
Talk is cheap... Ask APc

what did you do for eight years as VP?

Be obedient and vote wisely

8 Likes

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Adonis69: 12:11am On Aug 19, 2022
It's a pity, he's still playing 19th century politics

15 Likes

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by ExtremeDot: 12:11am On Aug 19, 2022
Another big, fat LIE.

9 Likes

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Ganiyu2021: 12:11am On Aug 19, 2022
The main own of Makkano power plant saying this grin grin grin how

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by backtovillage: 12:11am On Aug 19, 2022
Dubai president don talk.
Dubai will have 24hrs steady supply

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by H2ho(m): 12:12am On Aug 19, 2022
Indeed Mr Atiku grin

1 Like

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Ganiyu2021: 12:13am On Aug 19, 2022
The guy is saying this as we all know they are back again four years have gone now it election time again

1 Like

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Fashionista01(f): 12:15am On Aug 19, 2022
Lies from the pit of hell.

8 Likes

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by PotatoSalad(m): 12:17am On Aug 19, 2022
See who Oppo Reno 5 Omokri thinks is Nigeria's Messiah.
And his followers are busy supporting him. Somebody that is not in Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Neddstark: 12:19am On Aug 19, 2022
Atiku is the only one talking solutions so far.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Oduduwa707: 12:20am On Aug 19, 2022
This is a blatant mockery of Nigerians. This Fool should be hung by the gallows. angry

182 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Sniper101(m): 12:22am On Aug 19, 2022
Make I book this space for anyone who has something to say about Atiku on this note

1 Like

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Oduduwa707: 12:22am On Aug 19, 2022
BiafraInc:
This terrorist from Adamawa state led the zoo into total darkness while embezzling over $16Billion dollars during his term with Obsanjo. A fulani to make electricity available to you? Where on earth has that ever happened? Only in the zoo is electricity a rocket science because of the fulani caliphate feudalism mindset.

The fulani caliphate knows that any day electricity becomes available in their zoo, then industrialization will follow. Industrialization will be to the detriment of the fulani caliphate's feudalist way of life. In feudalism, poverty and illiteracy must strive, and creating artificial poverty and illiterate just as the fulani caliphate has done in nigeria is part of feudalist policies of keeping the people subjugated and under their rule.

Only fools will believe that atiku, a fulani with thousands of cows roaming the streets of their zoo and arming his fulani herdsmen to kill and maim people, atiku, a fulani that doesn't believe in ranching in the 21st century will give them electricity. I laugh in the zoo. I said again, only fools who don't know about the history of the fulanis, feudalism, and nigeria will fall for this scam. #BIAFRAFORLIFE.

Na fool like you go end messing up Peter Obi's chances in this election, I swear. angry

164 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Raph82(m): 12:23am On Aug 19, 2022
If this is coming from someone whose interest lies in the business that promotes & facilitates the death of the power sector in Nigeria (Mikano generator dealership), I wonder why people should count on such a person.

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by kingamaa(m): 12:24am On Aug 19, 2022
You are the darkness itself

We can't be deceived again

Never again

We are wiser now

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by plaindealer: 12:28am On Aug 19, 2022
Oloshi, you put us inside the darkness in the first place..

You sold our power assets to your crooked and corrupt cronies for 1 Kobo, you didn't even pay their pensions.

We lost millions of jobs because of this man alone..

I just hate this man for real..

181 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Creamz(m): 12:31am On Aug 19, 2022
He already has my vote

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marketers Counter FG, Insist Fuel Subsidy Is Back / Buhari Departs London For Nigeria After London Medical Trip - Sahara Reporters / APC Primaries: Ohanaeze Denies Describing Tinubu’s Emergence As ‘Calamity’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.