Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector (14990 Views)

Atiku Speaks On Election Results / 'I Am Doing Fine' - Atiku Speaks From Dubai, Pictured With Ben Bruce / Atiku Speaks On Decamping From PDP To APGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by OdenKelechi(m): 10:19am On Aug 19, 2022
Says the bastard that owns Mikano Generators. Fucking Dubai based bastard
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by brideman: 10:26am On Aug 19, 2022
yes now, with generator, Mr. Generator Dealer
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by kmaster007: 10:57am On Aug 19, 2022
What's going to happen to ur Mikano generator company
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by dododawa1: 11:08am On Aug 19, 2022
Nonsense talk
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by yusufmurry: 11:09am On Aug 19, 2022
3LACK:
DUMBASS NA SO SO RUBBISH TALK YOU SABI WHICH PART OF THIS COUNTRY IS NOT RAVAGED BY INSURGENCY, PETER OBI'S ANAMBRA HAS IPOB/ESN, BAT'S WEST HAS OPC AND PENDING BANDITS ATTACK...HOW DO YOU BLAME SOMEONE WHO'S NOT IN GOVT PRESENTLY FOR SECURITY SITUATIONS....NA UNA PARTY DEY GOVT NOW I WONDER THE RUBBISH DEM GO TALK DURING CAMPAIGN.

AND ABOUT VOTING STRENGTH:2015/2019 Buhari would defeat any northerner even at his polling unit...the thing you should ask yourself now is can Tinubu or Obi do the same...its a big NO, Atiku has always been second in the north, and Buhari knows no Fulani/Hausa man would leave his own under any party to vote for a Yoruba or an igbo man that's why he is distancing himself from Tinubu and saying he won't support any candidate.

Atiku is not stressing himself bout wike or anyone because he knows even with more APC governors in the north he's getting more than 80% and maybe 40% in the south with would see him cruise to Victory. na una suppose dey worry about south cos that's where sharing of votes dey, with APC's Devilish Muslim Muslim ticket na who go vote them for south, omo even Lagos BATIST go struggle to win.

Remember Atiku lost to Buhari in an election as the incumbent with only 3mill votes. Tinubu and Obi na beans

Chairman, it's very simple, Atiku will not rule Nigeria.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Sexydevil(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
We don't want your promises. You have been within the corridors of power in the past and yet there was little or no effect felt by the masses.

No more Atikulated or Batified.
Atiku ti Ku, God forbid BAT thing.

I remain Obidient to my Obituary

Obidient.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Sexydevil(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
yusufmurry:

Chairman, it's very simple, Atiku will not rule Nigeria.

Periodt.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Shascky33: 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2022
Abdul05:
Another stupid promise.. grin grin

Coming from Mr imported generator.. grin grin
Very "clear" "direct" and "detailed" solutions. Pandora will only keep making off point noises about "importing to exporting". And as for brain dead emi lo kan, that wan no kukuma sabi use twitter or face Camera.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by victorsola: 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2022
ogododo:

https://www.thecable.ng/ill-lead-nigeria-out-of-darkness-atiku-speaks-on-plans-for-power-sector/amp
. This man has been contesting since 1960 I wonder his desperate mission yet is the most unqualified among dem all .
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by victorsola: 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2022
Sexydevil:
We don't want your promises. You have been within the corridors of power in the past and yet there was little or no effect felt by the masses.

No more Atikulated or Batified.
Atiku ti Ku, God forbid BAT thing.

I remain Obidient to my Obituary

Obidient.
not just corridor . He was in charge of money ment for power as the Vice President. This one has nothing to offer, contesting since independence. And he can’t win .
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Sexydevil(m): 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2022
victorsola:
not just corridor . He was in charge of money ment for power as the Vice President. This one has nothing to offer, contesting since independence. And he can’t win .

Well said.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by lexy2014: 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2022
SmartyPants:

Honestly Atiku seems more prepared. Starting to like him

Yes he does seem prepared. Just that in terms of personality and corruption, he isn't too different from Tinubu
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by SmartyPants(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2022
lexy2014:

Yes he does seem prepared. Just that in terms of personality and corruption, he isn't too different from Tinubu

I believe Nigeria has not matured the point where fighting corruotion should be a priority.

You can't be fighting corruption while you cant pay salaries, and people are hungry. These are the factors that create the room for corruption.

Lets have a solid system first then root corruption out second.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Nuhskhut: 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2022
You don't make promises before getting into power.Get there and show people what you have in stock for them.Or haven't those in the past said more than that.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by WhizdomXX(m): 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
Neddstark:
Atiku is the only one talking solutions so far.
Atiku was there for 8 years everyone knows him too well for who he is. This is the old pattern they used to scam us at the beginning of this Republic.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by lexy2014: 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2022
SmartyPants:

I believe Nigeria has not matured the point where fighting corruotion should be a priority.

You can't be fighting corruption while you cant pay salaries, and people are hungry. These are the factors that create the room for corruption.

Lets have a solid system first then root corruption out second.

Where will the "solid system" come from if you don't fight corruption? Will the system fall from heaven?

When will "Nigeria mature to the point where fighting corruotion should be a priority"?

Is it that they CAN'T pay salaries or that they choose not to pay salaries?
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by WhizdomXX(m): 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2022
Creamz:
He already has my vote
If there's one man in the whole nation whom Nigerians can point to as why they do not have light in their homes, offices and businesses then it is Atiku Abubakar.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by okoloto: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2022
You had 8 good years opportunity to do that. All na scam. Apc style of promise and fail
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by SmartyPants(m): 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2022
lexy2014:

Where will the "solid system" come from if you don't fight corruption? Will the system fall from heaven?

When will "Nigeria mature to the point where fighting corruotion should be a priority"?

One comes before the other.

Building solid systems and fighting corruption are not necessarily mutually inclusive.

That was what Tinubu did in Lagos. He built systems that made Lagos better while being corrupt.

The next governors after him should have built on that to gradually get to the point where corruption remains the only pressing issue.

You cannot say you want to prioritise corruption when the system is already so thoroughly corrupt. It has to be done jeje or the system will just frustrate you and you'll get nothing done.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by lexy2014: 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2022
SmartyPants:

One comes before the other.

Building solid systems and fighting corruption are not necessarily mutually inclusive.

That was what Tinubu did in Lagos. He built systems that made Lagos better while being corrupt.

The next governors after him should have built on that to gradually get to the point where corruption remains the only pressing issue.

You cannot say you want to prioritise corruption when the system is already so thoroughly corrupt. It has to be done jeje or the system will just frustrate you and you'll get nothing done.

Bro, you didn't answer my questions ooh...

Pls which system did Tinubu build that made Lagos better?
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Creamz(m): 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2022
WhizdomXX:

If there's one man in the whole nation whom Nigerians can point to as why they do not have light in their homes, offices and businesses then it is Atiku Abubakar.

Why would you say so? Please enlighten me. Thank you
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Naughtysex: 6:55pm On Aug 19, 2022
How can you do that when you are the owner of Mikano generator in Nigeria Do you mean you will kill your own business for Nigeria to work?
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by SmartyPants(m): 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2022
lexy2014:

Bro, you didn't answer my questions ooh...

Pls which system did Tinubu build that made Lagos better?

I did answer your questions.

1. I said you can build solid systems and be corrupt at the same time. I then gave you the example of Tinubu. Even Buhari, by facilitating this new electoral law has helped to build a stronger electoral system despite being a beneficiary of electoral fraud himself.

So to make it clearer, you can build strong systems in the presence of corruption exactly the same way you would in the presence of corruption, provided you do things in a step-by-step manner.

2. Maturity can be measured by the overall inclination of society. When the majority of Nigerians are no longer willing to engage in corrupt practices in order to get ahead, that would be a sign of maturity.

3. Tinubu built a lot in Lagos.

a. He strengthened the tax collection mechanism that is responsible for the famous IGR that we talk about in Lagos today;

b. The establishment of the Lagos State Trust Fund that is today responsible for the RSS model which is now widely seen as the most effective and disciplined police unit in Nigeria, along with specialized agencies like Lawma, Lastma, etc.

That is in addition to brilliant innovations like the Lekki Free Trade Zone.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Ganiyu2021: 11:27pm On Aug 19, 2022
Ganiyu2021:
The main owner
of Makkano power plant saying this grin grin grin how
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by osaro6: 7:45am On Aug 20, 2022
Oh I pray Nigerians know the right person to vote for because for me i need a new challenge,I say no to any party that have rules in the last twelve years or more that put more and more of problem to Nigeria
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by WhizdomXX(m): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2022
Creamz:

Why would you say so? Please enlighten me. Thank you
He is the biggest private buyer of mikano generators in the Country.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by DrAkpamudehe: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2022
OdenKelechi:
Says the bastard that owns Mikano Generators. Fucking Dubai based bastard

Who is your father? Can you father wipe the feets of Atiku's driver?
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Creamz(m): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2022
WhizdomXX:

He is the biggest private buyer of mikano generators in the Country.

This is what he has disputed time and time again. If you don't believe in him, I guess it will be proper to write the company to know the true position instead of spreading false statements
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by tediks: 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2022
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by WhizdomXX(m): 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2022
[quote author=Creamz post=115881951]

This is what he has disputed time and time again. If you don't believe in him, I guess it will be proper to write the company to know the true position instead of spreading false statements [/quote The fact that he is a major buyer doesn't mean he is a shareholder. Companies will only give out shareholder and financier information but not customer information according to Law.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by ogododo: 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2022
tediks:

God forbid

Atiku be our next President.
Re: I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector by Sexydevil(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2022
SmartyPants:

I did answer your questions.

1. I said you can build solid systems and be corrupt at the same time. I then gave you the example of Tinubu. Even Buhari, by facilitating this new electoral law has helped to build a stronger electoral system despite being a beneficiary of electoral fraud himself.

So to make it clearer, you can build strong systems in the presence of corruption exactly the same way you would in the presence of corruption, provided you do things in a step-by-step manner.

2. Maturity can be measured by the overall inclination of society. When the majority of Nigerians are no longer willing to engage in corrupt practices in order to get ahead, that would be a sign of maturity.

3. Tinubu built a lot in Lagos.

a. He strengthened the tax collection mechanism that is responsible for the famous IGR that we talk about in Lagos today;

b. The establishment of the Lagos State Trust Fund that is today responsible for the RSS model which is now widely seen as the most effective and disciplined police unit in Nigeria, along with specialized agencies like Lawma, Lastma, etc.

That is in addition to brilliant innovations like the Lekki Free Trade Zone.

Listen man basically we've had 11 governors preceding Tinubu in Lagos from 1975 to 1999. Are you trying to tell me that those individuals did nothing to improve the state of Lagos at that time? No they didn't.

Coming out to say that Tinubu developed Lagos is a slap on the faces of these persons who struggled to build the same city Tinubu ruled.
Unequivocally speaking, what I'm trying to say is never attribute the development of Lagos to an individual who only was involved in the development years after a host of governors had made their impact.
Remember there were men who came before.

If you're projecting someone, pls give us cogent reasons why you need our votes. Pls argue analytically and constructively w/o fear or favour.

I stand to be corrected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Customs Only Arrests Smugglers Who Refuse To Pay Bribe - Fisayo Soyombo / 22 Officers Arrested Over Jaji & SARS Attacks In Abuja / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.