Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,735 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Tottenam On Fire - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Tottenam On Fire (24522 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2011
coogar:

london is the most visitied city in the world - i hope you are aware of that

the far right taking over looks like fun to me. . . . .yes, i wanna be in europe when they take over.
happy now?

No mate, Paris is the most visited city in the world.

http://enjoyourholiday.com/2011/04/18/top-10-most-visited-cities-in-the-world/    

FAIL

London is already probably the most unpleasant, badly-run capital in Europe. The only things that appear to work there are its red traffic lights, it's high taxes and fines system and the sweat-glands in strangers’ armpits in the Underground.

And now, you lot have annoyed the natives. They don't know the difference between you and the "Yoof", can't tell you apart. According to them you are all monkeys.

Go on, read for yourself.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8687177/London-riots-live.html
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Vieira(m): 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2011
Some of the comments here are amazing.

Lets be very clear this is people using this as an opportunity to loot and cause havoc, these are people who are or live side by side with scum.

The guy who was shot is not some saint or pillar of the community but a blinking drug dealer, the fact that he is seen as a "good guy" tells you more about tottenham than anything else.

They are smashing their own area up, what a way to improve their lives.

The sad thing is there are people in these areas trying to improve themselves and get out of the cycle but are surrounded by people who are not willing to try hard and think that people own them a living, no one owns anybody anything jare.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2011
My-Key:

No mate, Paris is the most visited city in the world.
http://enjoyourholiday.com/2011/04/18/top-10-most-visited-cities-in-the-world/    
FAIL

the last time i checked in 2006, london was the most visited with paris coming a distant second. . . . . .but then these things are not static and it's a shame that a country you branded as shyte ranks higher than dubai, new york, shanghai and other top cities. it must mean these visitors must love shyt.

London is already probably the most unpleasant, badly-run capital in Europe. The only things that appear to work there are its red traffic lights, it's high taxes and fines system and the sweat-glands in strangers’ armpits in the Underground.

i love it that way. . . . . .i love the unpleasantness of it. . . . .
and to say london is the most badly-run capital in europe is a shame on your education.
london is world's most economically powerful city. . . . .ranks higher than new york and tokyo.

And now, you lot have annoyed the natives. They don't know the difference between you and the "Yoof", can't tell you apart. According to them you are all monkeys.
Go on, read for yourself.

this is a very naive thing to say.
there's a difference between a yob and a working professional.
stop embarrassing yourself with your racist snide remarks - only foolish people go via that route.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
coogar:

the last time i checked in 2006, london was the most visited with paris coming a distant second. . . . . .but then these things are not static and it's a shame that a country you branded as shyte ranks higher than dubai, new york, shanghai and other top cities. it must mean these visitors must love shyt.

i love it that way. . . . . .i love the unpleasantness of it. . . . .
and to say london is the most badly-run capital in europe is a shame on your education.
london is world's most economically powerful city. . . . .ranks higher than new york and tokyo.

this is a very naive thing to say.
there's a difference between a yob and a working professional.
stop embarrassing yourself with your racist snide remarks - only foolish people go via that route.

Visitors to London are mostly corrupt Russian Oligarchs, Arab Sheikhs and Nigerian politicians. , so yeah.

By what measure exactly does London rank higher than Tokyo or New York? And what percentage of that City Money trickles down to the "hard working Yoof" of Peckham and Brixton?

You are perfectly right, there's a difference. But will the English ever see the difference?
Re: Tottenam On Fire by buzugee(m): 2:26pm On Aug 08, 2011
coogar:

he's probably a semi-illiterate.
so the b-n-p will evacuate all british-passort carrying nigerians or the ones with i-l-r?
haha. . . . . .this guy is a clown.

the man lying down there carries a nigerian passport. grin cheesy born in festac town. grin

grin grin grin that he is. and an alarmist. i bet he was a town crier in past life too.

haha you never know bros. lots of euros in festac town. he may just surprise you when he pulls out his green pali grin
Re: Tottenam On Fire by buzugee(m): 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2011
My-Key:

LOl@ British Visa. Why on earth would I apply to go to that Cesspit of a place. Just look at the pics man, London looks like Sh.it. Is that where you lot live? Good ol' Peckham "Totty" and "Bricky". What a laugh.

Look right, I am trying to give some friendly and sensible advice. Did you see my Al-Jazeera link? http://english.aljazeera.net/focus/2010/09/2010920205146991841.html

You wanna be in Europe when the far right takes over?

Be my guest then.
the only thing the far right is taking over is your brain. the far right of your brain that dictates 'irrationality' is taking over the left side of your brain that dictates 'reasoning'
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2011
buzugee:

grin grin grin that he is. and an alarmist. i bet he was a town crier in past life too.

haha you never know bros. lots of euros in festac town. he may just surprise you when he pulls out his green pali  grin

Bury your head in the sand if you like, it's your life. Before you do however, go here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8687177/London-riots-live.html read the comments.

That's what the typical Englishman on the street thinks of you, all out for you to see.

Thank me later.

Cheers, mate.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by buzugee(m): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2011
My-Key:

Bury your head in the sand if you like, it's your life. Before you do however, go here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8687177/London-riots-live.html read the comments.

That's what the typical Englishman on the street thinks of you, all out for you to see.

Thank me later.

Cheers, mate.
no point posting your link. i will never click on it. i refuse to read the rants of people possessed by demons
Re: Tottenam On Fire by denzel2009: 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2011
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2011
buzugee:

the only thing the far right is taking over is your brain. the far right of your brain that dictates 'irrationality' is taking over the left side of your brain that dictates 'reasoning'

Oh, why thank you Dr. Phil!! So that's it then?

Well, Iam not trying to wind you up, just givin you an informed choice, that's all. Doin me bit for the communi'ee, innit bruv? grin
Re: Tottenam On Fire by hilli666(m): 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2011
Na only people wey don chop belleful dey riot. The fact sey dem dey riot in itself shows that they have been well cared for. Which hungry man get strenght to dey fling stone, sey im wan go fight?? Last time I was hungry, even to think normal been dey hard, not to talk of thinking political. When hunga dey catch me, I dont care if dem beat man or woman, or if na black or white. D only thing on my mind na where I go find garri, groundnut and surgar to sustain me.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Sunofgod(m): 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2011
Looks like rioting is about to start in 'Hackney' - shocked
Re: Tottenam On Fire by denzel2009: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2011
Sun of god:

even stratford is scheduled for 7pm tonight. this is getting out of hand.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by r231(m): 4:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
Sun of god:

for real undecided undecided

omo let me pack ma bag and go home. . . . . . . .
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Sunofgod(m): 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2011
denzel2009:

even stratford is scheduled for 7pm tonight. this is getting out of hand.

Yeah - i heard Statford is scheduled for some looting tonight.

But 'Hackney' will be severe if it erupts - there are too many poor people and ethnic minorities there.

Seems they dont give a F, k

They are looting right now in Hackney and its not even 5pm.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Sunofgod(m): 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2011
r231:

for real undecided undecided

omo let me pack ma bag and go home. . . . . . . .

Your going home to Hackney?

I recommend you avoid the area and consider your properties looted - shocked
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Sunofgod(m): 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2011
Mods - This is Front Page material. . . . .
Re: Tottenam On Fire by r231(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2011
Sun of god:

Your going home to Hackney?

I recommend you avoid the area and consider your properties looted -  shocked

live in Hackney ke. . . . . No sir

I work in Hackney

working there sef is scary as i have to visit clients at home all the time and i knw what i have seen over the yrs
Re: Tottenam On Fire by IBEXY(m): 5:05pm On Aug 08, 2011
I just came from Woodgreen. So many shops were looted. T-Mobile, Boots, Body Shop. Several shop windows showed evidence of breakage - glasses shattered. There was a feeling of panic in the air. Even in the Wood green shopping mall where I went, several shops were closed. Some were shutting down as I was there. There was a brief period when people just started running - for no reason at all. Everyone is afraid.

The looted and burnt area in Tottenham high road is still cordoned off. Helicopter constantly in the air. Police every where. One officer said the closure will last a few days.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Sunofgod(m): 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2011
r231:

I work in Hackney

Ohh - Well I would get out of there as soon as possible.

Trouble is building (check out sky news or BBC news)

As a precaution take your personal belongings with you (including any food you leave in the fridge) as your place of work may burn down tonight.

And if your wearing new trainers dont run when your on the street - you may get arrested as a suspected looter.

Good Luck,
Re: Tottenam On Fire by r231(m): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^^^^they can't burn down the town hall
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Sunofgod(m): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2011
IBEXY:

I just came from Woodgreen. So many shops were looted. T-Mobile, Boots, Body Shop. Several shop windows showed evidence of breakage - glasses shattered. There was a feeling of panic in the air. Even in the Wood green shopping mall where I went, several shops were closed. Some were shutting down as I was there. There was a brief period when people just started running - for no reason at all. Everyone is afraid.

The looted and burnt area in Tottenham high road is still cordoned off. Helicopter constantly in the air. Police every where. One officer said the closure will last a few days.

This is serious . , . . .

The police must be stretched and tired.

They're clearly outnumbered by the disgruntled youths/yobs
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Sunofgod(m): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2011
r231:

^^^^^they can't burn down the town hall

Look - you are not safe.

Roads are already blocked off and public transport (buses) at a stand still.

The crowds will only grow and once they finish looting JD sports they may descend on the town hall.

Get out of the area immediately.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by r231(m): 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2011
my wife is on the way to pick me. . . . . . .

think i am stocked alrdy undecided undecided

just seen outside shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2011
Sun of god:

Look - you are not safe.

Roads are already blocked off and public transport (buses) at a stand still.

The crowds will only grow and once they finish looting JD sports they may descend on the town hall.

Get out of the area immediately.

can i use my gun to defend my properties against the looters?
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Sunofgod(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2011
r231:

my wife is on the way to pick me. . . . . . .

think i am stocked alrdy undecided undecided

just seen outside shocked shocked shocked shocked

Dont call her into that area - for her own safety.

Its best you head to the nearest undergroud station and head to a station she can pick you.

Dont make her come into Hackney right now - its too risky!!!
Re: Tottenam On Fire by r231(m): 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^^^oh ok

God knws i am not going bck to work for the rest of the wk grin grin
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Sunofgod(m): 5:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
coogar:

can i use my gun to defend my properties against the looters?

If your gun is registered you can use 'reasonable force' to defend yourself and property.

If the gun is illegal dont use it - unless your just firing warning shots.

instead grab a knife but again remember you can only use reasonable force.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2011
Sun of god:

If your gun is registered you can use 'reasonable force' to defend yourself and property.

If the gun is illegal dont use it - unless your just firing warning shots.

instead grab a knife but again remember you can only use reasonable force.

the gun is registered - a 12-guage shotgun
it's quicker, less messier.

reasonable force. . . .shooting someone on the kneecap is reasonable, innit?
Re: Tottenam On Fire by IBEXY(m): 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2011
They've started in Hackney. Check Sky News. Apparently, a stop and search by police sparked off the riot.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by r231(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2011
The whole place is going crazy now. . . . . Wow

A lot police and helicopter everywhere
Re: Tottenam On Fire by denzel2009: 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2011
this police are stupidd. why would you start stop and search around this time in hackney?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Woman Names Baby Born During Obama's Trip To Kenya ''air Force One Barack Obama" / U.S Warns: We Will Retaliate If The ICC Arrests Israeli Officials (Photo) / France Defiant, Insists Niger Military Junta Cannot Expel Its Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.