Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) (6206 Views)

Details Of Tinubu’s Meeting With Obasanjo Emerge / See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) / 2023: Northerners React To Peter Obi's Ambition (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Penguin2: 10:12am On Aug 25, 2022
I’ve said many times that Tinubu is not expecting to win the presidency through votes if not, he would have noticed that he is going nowhere and halt campaigns.

And it is usually ironic when his supporters dismiss sampled opinions either through traditional, electronic or social media. One now wonders how they gauge opinions to arrive at the supposed ‘popularity’ of Tinubu.

As always, I visited BBC Hausa Facebook page, the largest forum to gauge the temperature of northerners on social media, and I stumbled on one topic that had to do with Tinubu. The report was about Tinubu’s meeting with Wike in London/Paris (venue has been changing depending on who is reporting it).

From what I saw, Arewa, or (core) Northerners are mostly for Atiku with lesser proportion for Kwankwaso.

No one talks about Tinubu. Tinubu is like Haram to them. They are so furious at Wike for fighting Atiku and now trying to support Tinubu.

As usual, Tinubu supporters will dismiss this and claim that it has no bearing on how voters will actually vote, but I want to ask them, where then is Tinubu popular?

Tinubu is not popular on Twitter.

Tinubu is not popular on Instagram.

Tinubu is not popular on TikTok.

Tinubu is not popular on Facebook.

Tinubu is not popular in the streets.

Where is Tinubu popular? Where is he expecting his votes?

One last thing… the northerners are already scared that Muslims will split their votes between Atiku and Kwankwaso while Christians and the people they called “gwari”(somebody translate) will vote one way for Peter Obi which they fear will give Peter Obi victory. These northerners see and understand everything but Tinubu supporters are living in denial.

Please, where is Tinubu expecting his votes?

Note: These people always write in Hausa. I always translate to English using Facebook translator option.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Penguin2: 10:13am On Aug 25, 2022
More…

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Armaggedon: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2022
Said it that the election will be a walkover for atiku. Shekarau has already stepped down for him. Watch kwakwaso do that too before elections. I would have had doubts if he had chosen wike as a running mate. Even the back and forth he is having with wike is strategic. Just to get wike to act in a annoying way and get his northern people to sympathize with him, bearing in mind the north hates wike, and wike is falling for it being a fool he is.

3 Likes

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by bazoodo: 10:17am On Aug 25, 2022
Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Sannisege: 10:18am On Aug 25, 2022
Northerners should please vote Atiku as next president so that Nigeria can breakup quickly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Prince111111: 10:18am On Aug 25, 2022
In Atiku I believe grin

8 Likes

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Trinitycian: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2022
Tinubu's urchins are dreamers. Even on Nairaland, they're not popular, despite having Mynd4, a supermod, on their side.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by BeautifulMind2: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2022
Penguin2:
More…
Atiku will win NorthWest and North Central that's fact

9 Likes

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by sweetonugbu: 10:28am On Aug 25, 2022
Tinubu hope to get his vote through rigging.

17 Likes

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Abdu81: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2022
BeautifulMind2:

In your dreams north central.

4 Likes

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Bomboiy: 10:33am On Aug 25, 2022
I have always said it, Northerners won't vote for Tinubu ahead of Atiku and Kwankwaso.

Tinubu is wasting his time and resources,this Election is between Atiku and Obi.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Bizibi(m): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2022
BeautifulMind2:

he won't win North Central,it will be a split.

1 Like

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Plus10(m): 10:39am On Aug 25, 2022
To be sincere ,the election is between Atiku and Obi.I am still trying to know which region is tinubu popular.Even South West,his candidacy is not widely accepted.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:53am On Aug 25, 2022
Gobe

1 Like

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Arysexy(m): 11:02am On Aug 25, 2022
So where will Tinubu get his votes from if Northerners are with Atiku?

If Peter Obi no win am let Atiku take it.

To hell with APC and Tinubu.

Don't reward failure with re-election

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Smithkafors(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2022
Tinubu supporters is busy playing tribal cards.....i pity una, e go soon backfire. People are watching.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 25, 2022
Tinubu wanted to fool northern Muslims like he did northern Christians.

Seems Muslims are smarter

14 Likes

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by XerXers: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2022
Gwari is a predominantly Christian tribe found in Kaduna, Niger, Abuja and Nassarawa. Debora Samuel who was stoned in Sokoto is Gwari tribe. They see Hausa Fulani as oppressors

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:06am On Aug 25, 2022
What I see up there are loads of terrible grammar.
Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by PlayerMeji: 11:13am On Aug 25, 2022
ok
Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by SmartPolician: 11:17am On Aug 25, 2022
I think these core Northerners are most politically aware, but the most bigoted of all the three major ethnic groups.

We have seen Igbos vote against Ojukwu for Obasanjo in 2003.

We have seen some SW states vote against Osinbajo for Atiku in 2019.

But the 3K states and their neighbours keep voting for Buhari and everyone else who comes from the north.

Surprisingly enough, they are the most obsessed about keeping Nigeria one, but never see the country beyond their enclave.

16 Likes

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Urchman27(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2022
Been saying it.
Northerns wil vote Atiku over Tinubu.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by AllTheWayUp: 11:21am On Aug 25, 2022
Reverse psychology
Wike is making him self to be use as a pawn to achieve political goals.
It is already being painted in the North, that there is a gang up in the south against the North (Atiku candidacy) and the North will troop out to vote Atiku overwhelmingly on election day regardless of party affiliation.
Tinubu and his supporters should continue dreaming and hallucinating of Tinubu getting more votes than Atiku in the North.
When campaign officially begins next month, the Defections from APC to PDP in the North will become more rampant every day.

5 Likes

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Bendeco02: 11:25am On Aug 25, 2022
Normally, the election is between Obi & Atiku.

Some people depend on minupulation to gather votes but will be highly disappointed when the time reach cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by 9jaNoBeLagos: 11:36am On Aug 25, 2022
Tinubu thinks that by choosing a Muslim that the entire northern Muslims will automatically vote for him.

He's a dreamer. Power will remain in the North.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Igbodicool(m): 11:37am On Aug 25, 2022
Anything but not APC and Tinubu.

Yoruba should go for retraining that treachery is not sophistication.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Rahkman: 11:37am On Aug 25, 2022
Even the most foolish person on earth will laugh at the suggestion that tinubu will win north west and north east ....or even north Central....atiku and kwankwaso will battle for the north east and north west votes....north Central will decide the winner of 2023 election u can bank on this, one thing I am sure is if another northerner win 2023....the yorubas eyes go open and its either this country break or it will be restructured....

9 Likes

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Elliotwaveforec: 11:48am On Aug 25, 2022
Mumu people! Atiku should be the president of Arewa then.

1 Like

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by klever18(m): 11:50am On Aug 25, 2022
XerXers:
Gwari is a predominantly Christian tribe found in Kaduna, Niger, Abuja and Nassarawa. Debora Samuel who was stoned in Sokoto is Gwari tribe. They see Hausa Fulani as oppressors
gbagyi not gwari

1 Like

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Proudlyomonna: 11:53am On Aug 25, 2022
According to Batshidren they are ipob grin grin
Or let's call them arewa ipob branch grin
With what tinubu has laid down,we might be left with no option than to vote via Religion,bcus if care is not taken the North might just end up retaining Power oo undecided
Let the Muslims give their votes to Atiku and Kwankwoso with a petty share to Tinubu.
We from the Christian Faith stand unshakeably with Obidiati.

12 Likes

Re: Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) by samuelpeters(m): 12:33pm On Aug 25, 2022
This election is unpredictable.

Though I'm Obidiently Obident,but I respect BAT's political intelligence so much.
Let's see how it will go.

Power MUST come back to South.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki An Egba Man? / Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians / Angry Mob In Warri Beat Former Delta Speaker Into Unconsciousness!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.